• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
It was reveled by V-JUMP

Images Should be coming soon

50b6aeb66863e1dd999dc56d4c3c285d.gif

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
In retrospect, I wonder if the developers put more work into Xenoverse 2's post-release bonus campaigns and story, and add-on content then the actual game itself.

While I would like to see a Xenoverse 3, I suppose it makes sense to continue to work with what they already have as a base and just expand on top of it.

I'd definitely like to see a next-gen Dragon Ball game that takes full advantage of the PS5 / Series X hardware.

-Le Monde-

Avenger
Dec 8, 2017
One of the best post release supported games ever. And they don't get any praise for it.

I wish we'd get more content for World Mission. I'd take a sequel too. :(

sensui-tomo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So is there a guide if I want to have all the DLC, which dlc to buy since it seems easy to buy accidental repeat dlc since there's no easy bundle that incorporates all or most of it?

Jun 5, 2018
There's been a couple of "final" DLCs but the game and content sell so well that they keep making it.

Same reason why I think FighterZ is pretty likely getting a 4th season pass.
The main thing is they might not be able to get a license for a third game (dragon ball is complicated) so this is the alternative.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Weird.

All the games, the manga and everything else just calls him Toppo.

But then again Ultra Instinct Sign was also changed to Autonomous Ultra Instinct in the dub, and the games ignored that too.
To be fair, they aren't always consistent about that kind of thing. For example, the manga calls Zamasu "Zamas" (which I suppose is a more accurate translation), but the dub & eventually the games went with Zamasu since it fit the lip flaps better.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
I can't stand this dude's design honestly. So glad season 3 of FighterZ ends with SSJ4 Gogeta and not him. I would've even accepted Omega Shenron over Toppo.

Roliq

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 23, 2018
Weird.

All the games, the manga and everything else just calls him Toppo.

But then again Ultra Instinct Sign was also changed to Autonomous Ultra Instinct in the dub, and the games ignored that too.
I guess is like how Super Saiyan Blue is still called Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan (SSGSS) in everything else outside the anime/manga

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
They're going to add Moro at this rate.

Nah, no merchandising has acknowledged Moro yet. I'd guess they're waiting for Toei in order to avoid a Jojo situation, where Bandai gives color and voice to a character, just to see the anime company going with something different.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
They're still releasing DLC for this old-ass game?

Who's gonna actually buy this?

HdrYMbP.gif

I guess I am

Astro Cat

Mar 29, 2019
I need to get back in at some point. Made it a decent way but stopped dead when I couldn't beat a certain battle. I had more fun with the Kakarot battle system but I miss the lack of character creation.

Lord Vatek

Banned
Jan 18, 2018
Nah, no merchandising has acknowledged Moro yet. I'd guess they're waiting for Toei in order to avoid a Jojo situation, where Bandai gives color and voice to a character, just to see the anime company going with something different.
Yeah I'm saying Xenoverse 2 is never going to die.

Jun 5, 2018
Highly doubtful that Bandai of all people would have any issues with licensing Dragon Ball. It's been literally one year since Kakarot released.
It's not so much that Bandai would have an issue so much as the company in charge of the dragon ball IP having odd rules, even things like xenoverse 3 that would literally print money are not always on the table because of this, there's also been cases where crossovers within the dragon ball universe can't happen because of complicated licensing issues.

Stalker

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
display

We have known Moro is blue skinned since November 2019. I doube he's going to change. A voice thou, sure.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
I want a new game Dimps ;(

Presumably they're busy on SF6 and whatever else though.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
The DLC also comes with an EX mission involving Fu that has a new CG cutscene.
If I recall correctly, the dub just called him Top. You think the game will roll with that for the English version?
They'll either call him Top or do what Legends did, call him Toppo in text but Top in the voice acting.

We have known Moro is blue skinned since November 2019. I doube he's going to change. A voice thou, sure.
The voice could be a reason, but I've gotten the vibe that the total lack of Moro arc stuff in anything is simply it being off limits until the anime does it. They've done manga related cards in Heroes before, so you'd think we'd at least have gotten a Galactic Patrol Goku or something to promote the arc when it was running or as a promo card in a manga volume (something they've done before), but nope.
I feel like the chances of Moro being animated also went up since the newest arc in the manga is from Toriyama and it directly follows up the Moro arc. So hopefully eventually we'll see stuff from Moro show up in video games.

Last edited:

Stalker

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The DLC also comes with an EX mission involving Fu that has a new CG cutscene.

They'll either call him Top or do what Legends did, call him Toppo in text but Top in the voice acting.

The voice could be a reason, but I've gotten the vibe that the total lack of Moro arc stuff in anything is simply it being off limits until the anime does it. They've done manga related cards in Heroes before, so you'd think we'd at least have gotten a Galactic Patrol Goku or something to promote the arc when it was running or as a promo card in a manga volume (something they've done before), but nope.
I feel like the chances of Moro being animated also went up since the newest arc in the manga is from Toriyama and it directly follows up the Moro arc. So hopefully eventually we'll see stuff from Moro show up in video games.

Oh I have zero doubts that Moro is going to be the kick off arc for Super Pt.2 whenever that is, A few insiders said it was delayed but DBS2 is expected to at least start this year

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017

That's the manga itself though, not merchandising. The Anime staff can disregard manga colors - see for example the muscle bits on Piccolo's design, which are yellow in the manga but pink in the anime. Or Bulma's hair, which they kept with a color used a single time in the manga rather than the one in most promotional images and later colored pages. They might keep him blue, they might´change him to something else.

latest

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Oh I have zero doubts that Moro is going to be the kick off arc for Super Pt.2 whenever that is, A few insiders said it was delayed but DBS2 is expected to at least start this year
I feel like it'll be next year, both because of how many projects Toei has this year and also to let the manga have an absolutely massive lead which would be very beneficial for anime planning since it's a monthly manga. Less chance of poorly placed filler if the manga is way ahead.