• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
Is Super good? Whenever I see screenshots or clips of it the animation looks really off.
Depends on what you're looking for. Honestly, I'd watch the Battle of Gods and if you enjoyed that, then yeah I'd watch Super. Watch the return of Frieza movie then skip the first 26 episodes. Just make sure to turn off your brain, thinking does you no good.

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017
Depends on what you're looking for. Honestly, I'd watch the Battle of Gods and if you enjoyed that, then yeah I'd watch Super. Watch the return of Frieza movie then skip the first 26 episodes. Just make sure to turn off your brain, thinking does you no good.
That's a solid sell, I've been meaning to watch Battle of the Gods anyway.

OP
OP
ArchedThunder

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Is Super good? Whenever I see screenshots or clips of it the animation looks really off.
Many like it. As recommended above, watch the movie Battle of Gods first, and if you like that then watch F and start super on episode 27. The show was rushed to TV so it has lots of production problems, but the visual quality gets better as it goes. The final arc had some really great looking episodes.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
What are the odds we finally get a simuldub? Loved Super but i'm anxiously waiting for the English dub to finish before I start my rewatch.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Well DB is at peak form again, they would be dumb not to capitalize it.
But for god's sake TOEI, give the show at least decent budget from the very start, early Super was fucking travesty.

hqdefault.jpg

OP
OP
ArchedThunder

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Well DB is at peak form again, they would be dumb not to capitalize it.
But for god's sake TOEI, give the show at least decent budget from the very start, early Super was fucking travesty.

hqdefault.jpg
Super's problems had nothing to do with budget, it was an expensive show.
The show as rushed out the door by the production committee when it needed more time in the oven.

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
Weird, i just assumed they'd come back later. I swear i heard it though...
It was speculated before it ended that it'd be back simply because how well Super was doing, but there has been no official word on the next season, it's all been about the movie. Makes sense to try and push people towards that while the show is on hiatus. They were likely to officially announce Season 2 once the show had finished it's run internationally.

Oct 27, 2017
Nah, but definitely needs to be a part of the main cast. She grew on me as super went on, even if the entire group of twig-saiyans still look awful from a design point.

My favorite part is that Trunks and Goten are already teenagers in Super but look shorter than Krillin in many shots.

Yeah, wasn't particularly crazy about the Universe 6 Saiyans to begin with but Caulifla showed the most potential and character growth out of all of them.

The "tingly back" thing still drives me insane and was such a horrible way to introduce to SS transformation to Caulifla and Kale though.

She would be really, really bad at that job.

That's what makes the idea so intriguing lol.

Owl

Oct 25, 2017
California
It was speculated before it ended that it'd be back simply because how well Super was doing, but there has been no official word on the next season, it's all been about the movie. Makes sense to try and push people towards that while the show is on hiatus. They were likely to officially announce Season 2 once the show had finished it's run internationally.
If I remember correctly, when that happened people speculated that the show that took DBS's timeslot was only scheduled until April-ish which is when people guessed that Super would come back. Is that still true?

thewienke

Oct 25, 2017
The Universe Survival arc is the best arc they've ever done so I'm really excited for more.

I hope they figure out more creative ways to include loads of characters. The Majin Buu arc, for instance, always felt weak to me because it's basically dragging out the one villain for way too long.

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
If I remember correctly, when that happened people speculated that the show that took DBS's timeslot was only scheduled until April-ish which is when people guessed that Super would come back. Is that still true?
Since we still have no official announcement, who knows.

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey

personally everything in regards to the super series has been very lazy and not good so far...with the exception of the new broly movie. That movie actually beats a lot of the original DB/Z content for me.

I feel like all the super stuff could have been skipped and they just started after Z with this broly movie with the same plot(just substitute the god transformations with super saiyan 1, 2 and 3, and fusion) and it would have been just as well

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
personally everything in regards to the super series has been very lazy and not good so far...with the exception of the new broly movie. That movie actually beats a lot of the original DB/Z content for me.

I feel like all the super stuff could have been skipped and they just started after Z with this broly movie with the same plot(just substitute the god transformations with super saiyan 1, 2 and 3, and fusion) and it would have been just as well

And miss on this shit?

Nah Bruh

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
And miss on this shit?

Nah Bruh

one final boss battle with good animation doesn't really excuse the entire series being below mediocre in my book. personally seeing goku and frieza fight together is more of an insult to the original series than anything, and ruins a lot of the point of that content retroactively. That's without jiren being the big blank boring slate of a plot device he is

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
one final boss battle with good animation doesn't really excuse the entire series being below mediocre in my book. personally seeing goku and frieza fight together is more of an insult to the original series than anything, and ruins a lot of the point of that content retroactively. That's without jiren being the big blank boring slate of a plot device he is

Nah there's far too much more than that.

also lol at the bolded, teh collaboration was justified and allowed some of the best dyanmics in the arc

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Do you think it's ever that Dragon Ball Super's Sequel will ever have a big bad that can threaten Zeno/Grand Priest and the Gods of Destruction like DB's Own Anti-Monitor

Futaleufu

Banned
Jan 12, 2018
The creative bankruptcy was all over the place in season 1. By far the best episodes were the ones without any fights.

Tabaxi

Nov 18, 2018
Hot Take: Jiren is one the most relatable and realistic characters in the franchise, but because Dragon ball tried to be (barely) subtle once, he still gets unfairly labeled as boring.

Sixfortyfive

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Atlanta
Hot Take: Jiren is one the most relatable and realistic characters in the franchise, but because Dragon ball tried to be (barely) subtle once, he still gets unfairly labeled as boring.
Really? Jiren is anything but subtle.

They would've been better off not giving him a backstory at all than the paltry joke of a flashback that we got.

Massicot

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
United States

I really like his characterization and flawed perspective as it was revealed in the last two episodes of the show. I think it was one of the more interesting things Dragon Ball has ever done with its villains. The things bringing it down a bit are that his backstory is very cliche and the fight/show ended very abruptly after opening up a bit on Jiren.

RayCharlizard

Nov 2, 2017
And miss on this shit?

Nah Bruh

Man, I rewatched the final eps of Super (122-131, just after the dumb mega robot thing) before seeing Broly and forgot how strong those episodes are. This new season/series is going to be awesome if they give it a little extra love like they did with ToP and if it continues off where the manga is headed right now (which opens up some really interesting story potential).

Corky

Alt account
Banned
Dec 5, 2018
Ruins the series and is an insult ol. Come on

Tabaxi

Nov 18, 2018
Really? Jiren is anything but subtle.

They would've been better off not giving him a backstory at all than the paltry joke of a flashback that we got.

His backstory was just an excuse to explain that Jiren's whole "big tough emotionless guy" shtick was a bad coping mechanism, and that it was never his true personality.

The backstory was definitely rushed, and it should have been revealed much earlier and fleshed out far far more. But it was never the point.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Didnt they say back when it ended that they would start back up later?
Nope, there was a statement from Toriyama when the Broly movie was properly unveiled (with name and all IIRC) which plenty of people understood as official confirmation that Super was going to continue, but it wasn't confirmation at all. We all knew Super was going to continue anyway since the show was successful and of course they'd keep it going, but as I said, there hasn't been official confirmation yet, this is the closest we've gotten.

AztecComplex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This time make sure the Latin Spanish dubbed episodes of DBS are readily available for legal streaming consumption, please. Right now my only option is to catch them live on Cartoon Network and that's fucking ridiculous. And Toei wonders why there's so much piracy? I would've subscribed to any service that offered them but there's none. Crunchyroll only has them subtitled by the way.

And yes I checked the CN phone app and it's worth jack shit. They have a handful of random old episodes there but that's it.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Frieza having to deal with not being the Evil Top Dog anymore has been amazing to see

Frieza is never fully going away again. It's rather interesting that he has been turned into the recurring villain of the DB franchise. (He's not at Team Rocket levels of inefficient just yet, lol.)

John Doe

Avenger
Jan 24, 2018

What makes Jiren relatable and realistic in your eyes?

(Not looking for an argument here, just asking)

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC

I don't find Jiren relateable at all. Jiren for most of the time just comes off as without a much of a personality or even voiced lines until he reveals that the whole time he was just a secret asshole because he wasn't strong enough in the past.

FUNKNOWN iXi

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
You can disagree but it's true, and it's further proven in the Broly movie. Frieza needed to participate in the ToP to get to where he's currently at back with his army and raising hell everywhere. He's a selfish, maniacal, evil son of a bitch that will do anything to get what he wants, even if that means fighting for his universe's survival with the one person he hates the most.