• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
The original announcement in English phrased the visuals as being "an unexplored territory" while it seems the original Japanese message from Toriyama was a bit more tame. However AnimeAjay has seemed very confident that it's going to be a full CG movie.
Looking at Toei's movies, I guess they haven't done any 3d ones recently... I really hope they don't try to do that here though.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
if ajay was wrong about 2per but right about the movie being cg...

6pjkk.gif

lemonade

May 8, 2018
Ajay did post this great thread on history of CG in Dragon Ball and Toei. Some great info and it is not entirely doomed. However, why change things up when Shintani established such a great style...

Kagari

潜在能力解放
Oct 24, 2017
I don't think it's a matter of "changing it up", just that the proper staff aren't available for a 2D outing.

Tamanon

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I imagine we'll get the smallest of clips, like we had that Goku warming up clip first for Broly.

brinstar

User requested ban
Oct 25, 2017
If I had to guess, it's Super Saiyan Bardock Rose 3...... Masked Saiyan shenanigans.
Nah it's Black

Since Rose is an alternate version of SSJ Blue, this confirms the existence of SSJ3 Blue
Phew okay... so in the manga SSR is Black's version of SSB (he uses regular SS1 prior), which is clearly what was the intent behind the form, but the anime seems to run on the logic that it is just his version of SS1 and Heroes took that to its natural conclusion. So I don't think that this means SSB2 and SSB3 are gonna be a thing.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Nah, it looks cool. I don't really care about the lore behind it, just a cool looking image.

Zan

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So 'ol Geets is apparently
becoming a GoD as stated in the EtcERA thread.

I hope that this powerup shows up again, and doesn't become a one-off like the ToP one. But you know he's gonna not get the last shot against the Heeters secret weapon.

Tabaxi

Nov 18, 2018
I want to be charitable and say the simian eyebrow ridge does make thematic sense in the context of Granolah's experience with Oozaru and how that transformation is connected to the Sayain's history of destruction.

But I'm also skeptical that was intentional and Toyo just wanted a SSJ 3 reference.

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
So this form literally turns him into a GoD it seems because he even has the same thing on his ear that the GoDs have. Toppo never had this when he turned into one in the anime.

main-qimg-7eba0bcdd79ee716138b24ca1b1ee286

E6fx6SfX0AA5D9u

Still kind of crazy that Beerus was able to train Vegeta to a point where he was stronger than Goku (granted this is an assumption on my part but I don't think they'd introduce a new form just to have it get shit on in its debut) despite the latter being trained by 2 Angels. I love the look of the form to and can't wait to see it in color.

TMaakkonen

Oct 26, 2017
So this form literally turns him into a GoD it seems because he even has the same thing on his ear that the GoDs have. Toppo never had this when he turned into one in the anime.

main-qimg-7eba0bcdd79ee716138b24ca1b1ee286

E6fx6SfX0AA5D9u

Still kind of crazy that Beerus was able to train Vegeta to a point where he was stronger than Goku (granted this is an assumption on my part but I don't think they'd introduce a new form just to have it get shit on in its debut) despite the latter being trained by 2 Angels. I love the look of the form to and can't wait to see it in color.

Beerus actually gave it earlier.

Its a symbol of knowing Hakai.

screenshot_202105210151452k82xG_display.jpg

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
Toppo didnt have ear piece.

Retcon or unfortunately manga is more canon than anime.

Main canon doesn't even seem to be a thing when it comes to DBS at this point. Either way, there's no anime right now so there's no anime canon in regards to these arcs anyway. The big plots and transformations tend to happen in both anyway with the only difference being the way a few of the minor things unfold so *shrugs*