• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

brinstar

User requested ban
Oct 25, 2017
I was hoping Goku learning Ultra Instinct in his normal state would put an end to the digivolving through each form in every fight and just condense things down to Normal -> UI, but nope lol.

I rolled my eyes when Goku said Granolah can use their techniques. I really hope we're not in for yet another round of that. I did like his vital point-targeting fighting style though, that was dope.

I find myself more interested in what's going on with the Heeters. It's hard to get invested in a fight we already know is a misunderstanding so this chapter was pretty eh for me.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Idk what I was expecting, but Granola Bar's fighting style is pretty boring so far

Syntsui

Oct 25, 2017
People are way too spoiled by the recent wave of amazing new mangas/animes. This boring ass mediocre shit is the standard and so far things are fine lol.

I for one will not set myself up for another disappointment after what happened in Moro's arc. NOTHING will come out of this supposed development of Goku/Vegeta.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Y'all are overly negative lmao, chapter was fine.

I just thought it was a dull chapter, especially in the context of this being a monthly series, idk, doesn't seem like that should be controversial to say. Can't disagree with the accusations of how stagnant Goku and Vegeta continue to feel, and despite his claim as the strongest warrior Granola's fighting style isn't doing it for me so far

The fight started out cool with the sniper angle and immediately went to Dbz norm. So salty about it lol

Yea my man should've gone full Neji with it lol

theMrCravens

Oct 25, 2017
Great chapter.

Battle was designed different for once.
Really hope they keep up the trend with this arc. Really fun so far.

Kagari

潜在能力解放
Oct 24, 2017
Y'all are overly negative lmao, chapter was fine.
When all that's going on is Goku form cycling and getting nearly killed twice while still acting like a fool? Eh... no thanks. The form cycling stuff only works if he has a reason to do it, such as buying time to stall Boo. This constant overuse in the manga just fills pages and slows pacing to a grinding halt.

Oct 25, 2017
When all that's going on is Goku form cycling and getting nearly killed twice while still acting like a fool? Eh... no thanks. The form cycling stuff only works if he has a reason to do it, such as buying time to stall Boo. This constant overuse in the manga just fills pages and slows pacing to a grinding halt.
Goku:This is me when my hair is yellow, now this is me with longer yellow hair.
Villain-I don't care
Goku: now watch this it's red now we call it god form
Villain: well aren't you full of yourself
Goku: Now to go further..this is even beyond that we call it SS blue
Villain:...were y'all even trying?

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
If we gotta do this form cycle BS every time, he could at least start with SSB lol

Kagari

潜在能力解放
Oct 24, 2017
Villain-I don't care
It really be like that.

brinstar

User requested ban
Oct 25, 2017
Villain-I don't care
exactly lol i feel like I've read that part of the chapter at least 3 times in the manga already

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
Not mad at the new chapter, just......eh. Typical fighting, only interesting thing was Granola being faster than instant transmission which is Flash comic book levels of bullshit but its being visualized in a boring way. Toriyama's sense of action and paneling in his prime is just too much to measure up to.

Really not much to say about it which ain't that great when its a monthly series.

TMaakkonen

Oct 26, 2017
It does start to feel like we are getting another 180 direction for this Arc like Moro's.

Granolah will learn Saiyans aint working for Frieza so he may go solo after him. Or Heeters make a wish that makes them big bads to fight.

Kagari

潜在能力解放
Oct 24, 2017
And yet all of that is kind of whatever when Goku is still being written like an idiot.

Skeeter49

I wish Jim Ryan would eat me
Oct 25, 2017
And yet all of that is kind of whatever when Goku is still being written like an idiot.
Yeah, I hate idiot Goku. Was the most annoying thing about Future Trunks arc, a arc I did like, but Goku being an idiot did hurt it. One of the reasons I love ToP, is Goku is showed to be considerably smart, at least fighting smart. There's the questionable stupidity at the beginning, but once the tournament starts, for the most part it's gone besides a few moments.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
E2vsnL1WUAY6utu

Yukari

Mar 28, 2018
Thailand
SDBH BigBang - 14

Poor Turles, accidentally give power up to CC Vegeta.

Also, Masako voice 3 characters in the same episode.

Oct 28, 2017
Just read the latest heroes manga chapter online,
Turles sacrifies himself to protect Goku from Black.

Black is insanely strong in this continuity. It's a bit sad the art is lacking and things are rushed overall. Could make for a much nicer manga.

About Cell:
Apparently he is going to save the gang by teleporting them somewhere else.
What is this Sacrilege and where can I find it?!

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
Has there ever been any DB fiction that went into what Turles' origin is and why he looks exactly like Goku?

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Has there ever been any DB fiction that went into what Turles' origin is and why he looks exactly like Goku?
Everything else that features him seems to stick with the movie's explanation (low class Saiyans resemble each other) even though that doesn't line up with anything else we've seen.

Karsha

May 1, 2020
He's boring because he ain't a villain, most likely the bad guys will wish for the short dude to be stronger than Granola while the Saiyans are fighting him, after the wish they will kill the Namekian and we will get the team up of Granola and the Saiyans with Goku mastering the UI and surpassing the strongest in the universe

Kagari

潜在能力解放
Oct 24, 2017
He's boring because he ain't a villain, most likely the bad guys will wish for the short dude to be stronger than Granola while the Saiyans are fighting him, after the wish they will kill the Namekian and we will get the team up of Granola and the Saiyans with Goku mastering the UI and surpassing the strongest in the universe
That sounds so incredibly boring lol.

Karsha

May 1, 2020
That sounds so incredibly boring lol.
Well it's Super, plot wise we ain't getting an exciting saga. The most exciting one was the Goku Black and that had the worst, most boring ending they could come up with lol. I just treat Super like Heroes but with canonized stuff and in that regard this saga is "ok".

Tabaxi

Nov 18, 2018
I liked Granolah during his introduction chapters. The resourceful underdog angle was fun. I do agree that since he's made the wish he's become incredibly boring. It's Moro starting off interesting as a grizzled space wizard before becoming another generic villain all over again.