• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

brinstar

User requested ban
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah 3 years seemed like a weird condition to set, unless they're planning a timeskip. Otherwise that limit doesn't mean much to the audience, only to Granolah. Still a cool chapter though, and I look forward to seeing what's next.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
I wanna say that condition is there for Goku to be like "only three years? but fighting him is so fun!" and then he'll do something (probably stupid) to lengthen Granolah's lifespan, which will have consequences

Tabaxi

Nov 18, 2018
Chapter is out.
Granolah pulled a Gon

That was my exact reaction.

I'll echo the general consensus that three years seems like an underwhelming condition. I'm assuming the condition is there to answer the whole "well why doesn't everyone do it?" question, but that would've worked better if the limit was like 3 weeks or 3 months.

Oct 25, 2017
That was my exact reaction.

I'll echo the general consensus that three years seems like underwhelming condition. I'm assuming the condition is there to answer the whole "well why doesn't everyone do it?" response, but that would've worked better if the limit was like 3 weeks or 3 months.
3 years of Dragon Ball time is especially worthless, unless we get like a 2 year time jump (we won't). Granolah will die or undo the wish while Goten and Trunks will be almost adults and still look 12.

LSauchelli

Oct 25, 2017
3 years of Dragon Ball time is especially worthless, unless we get like a 2 year time jump (we won't). Granolah will die or undo the wish while Goten and Trunks will be almost adults and still look 12.
I mean, 3 years later isn't exactly end-of-Z?

There could be a time-skip or maybe this will be the last story set in the pre-End-of-Z, and Granola will show up at a later arc.

brinstar

User requested ban
Oct 25, 2017
3 years is dumb, unless it takes 2 years 11 months to fly his ship across the universe to where goku and co is.
It took the Saiyans a year to get to earth from wherever they were in the original series, it depends on how far out they want to have Freeza be and how big the scope of the arc will be.

Oct 25, 2017
3 years instead of days or weeks? A time skip is coming. Vegeta has only recently started his training with Beerus too, so it makes even more sense.

I wonder if this arc will finally be the last pre-EoZ arc.

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
For the next villain they should just get Satan to wish himself to be the strongest and then wish him back to life once the time limit is up. Easy.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I just realized DBS has officially been off air for 3 years (well "officially" in a week) and I can't believe it. I checked and the current Digimon anime with DBS timeslot has 6 months left (26 eps) so maybe Super will be back this Fall.

Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017
He should have just searched for the Super Dragonballs so the wish wouldn't have that set back. Looking forward forward to see what Frieza does.

ReadyorNot

Jan 6, 2018
Finished reading the new manga chapter and I am confused as to why the boss of the Heeters is worried about Granola taking over/being in Freeza's spot if he did kill him? He has a short life span now, why does it matter? He'll get to be in charge in no time anyway.

Last edited:

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
Finished reading the new manga chapter and I am confused as to why the boss of the Heeters is worried about Granola taking over/being in Freeza's spot if he did kill him? He has a short life span now, why does it matter? He'll get to be in charge in no time anyway.
Because he two panels later says that Grenola would probably take out Freeza's entire army, that the Heeters want to control, as well.

ReadyorNot

Jan 6, 2018
Because he two panels later says that Grenola would probably take out Freeza's entire army, that the Heeters want to control, as well.

Now that I understand. I was comparing it more to the scenario with keeping Freeza alive. But thinking it over: They still wouldn't have much chance of controlling his army unless they are waiting for someone else to kill him yet again. Which now I can see why they would take their chances elsewhere.

Davey Cakes

Oct 27, 2017
Massachusetts
I'm working through the anime to see if I can finish it. A few years ago I watched Battle of Gods, Resurrection of F, the Universe 6 Tournament Arc, and the Zamasu arc.

I decided to restart with the Zamasu arc since I wanted to experience the dub of it before continuing on with the rest of the series. I remember liking the arc until the very end where it gets stupid.

The Zamasu arc makes even less sense than it did the first time I watched it. It's on another level of confusing and mind boggling than even the 4 timeline shenanigans from Z. Multiple futures. Multiple universes. Multiple future multiverses. Like, holy shit. What a mess.

I mean, it's still a cool arc in some ways but it just reminds me of how Super in general lacks the stakes that made the Android/Cell arcs feel so dire in Z. It's like an earthquake on already unstable ground.

Good fun that's hard to love. That's how I'd put it. I'm still looking forward to getting around to the ToP though, since people always talk about it but I've never seen it.

Davey Cakes

Oct 27, 2017
Massachusetts
I decided to start reading the manga to make more sense of the Zamasu/Goku Black arc. I actually like some of the stuff here that isn't in the anime. It's a bit more fun, and they actually show more of Future Trunks with the Supreme Kai. I wish they'd adapted some of this into the anime, as it seems more important than the repetitious battles with Black later on.

This might actually get me into doing a manga read and an anime viewing, side-by-side, for the rest of the series. It's neat to spot the differences in the narrative.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
The big problem with the manga version of the Trunks arc is that Trunks gets no power up, which kind of sidelines him by the time of the final battle.

Deleted member 179

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Super random but I'm digging for this for another community that's going through the same kind of thing.

Does anyone have the screenshot of the old place going down with the piccolo image as the last post?

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Super random but I'm digging for this for another community that's going through the same kind of thing.

Does anyone have the screenshot of the old place going down with the piccolo image as the last post?

dragon-ball-gt-piccolo.jpg

lemonade

May 8, 2018
Finally caught up with the Manga. The retcon of Namekian origin is interesting. Guess that explains the two jobbers from Universe 6.

Also it's a bit convenient that there is a set of dragon balls that only require TWO balls and can shorten life-span to grant power. While the bum ass dragon on Earth can't grant power beyond that of the creator...

Zan

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Surprised we don't have any early draft spoilers yet, or maybe they wern't that interesting.

In any case, what time does the newest chapter get uploaded?

Kagari

潜在能力解放
Oct 24, 2017
This arc is exceedingly boring and I'll just outline what I said to Geekdom as to why.

First and foremost, the formula of Goku and Vegeta getting stronger just because... is stale and boring IMO. There's no character conflict here, they have no agency. They're being treated as stock video game characters and nothing more.

The lack of focus on other cast members is also a problem. The original series did well to have Goku's friends and family around in a way that bolstered his character. Vegeta just doesn't do that on his own because it's always the same shtick.

It's actually bizarre - the US arc (anime) went in the right direction with this sort of thing so it's not like it's impossible. The writing simply needs to be better and that won't happen unless something truly changes at the top.

I'll add that Goku in particular is probably the most flanderized, passive and boring he's ever been now. He's just reacting to the plot, not pushing it forward in any capacity.

Tabaxi

Nov 18, 2018
I know they'll keep doing it, but Goku's family needing money is so dumb at this point. Other than that, I thought the chapter was OK. It was mostly a set up for the Granolah fight.

The lack of focus on other cast members is also a problem. The original series did well to have Goku's friends and family around in a way that bolstered his character. Vegeta just doesn't do that on his own because it's always the same shtick.

I agree with this. Particularly since Vegeta has been so static since the end of the Buu arc.