• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Big One

Oct 25, 2017
Thought the chapter was surprisingly pretty solid. I wouldn't mind more chapters like this that steer away from Goku and co. but I know we aren't getting many of those.

I'm calling it right now though that Granolah isn't going to be the villain of this arc. He might be a villain at first but eventually there's gotta be some sort of greater evil to fight here.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Bruh that chapter was very good. The tease with Vegeta learning from Beerus as Goku learns from Whis has some GREAT potential. As a massive Vegeta fan, I hope this pans out. I know there's a 99% chance that it won't pan out in the way I'd like for it to, but hopefully it's not as bad as the ending of the Moro arc where Vegeta was hyped to hell and still fell on his face.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
I'll keep it a buck.

I've talked shit about a great amount of Super.
I've talked shit about damn near most of the Super manga.
I didn't like the Future Trunks Arc.
The Moro Arc was trash.

But this latest chapter...was pretty good.

- Granola is already waaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyy better than Merus. He's not some super pretty boy from a super strong race. Mans has PTSD, he got his ass kicked this chapter, he's dealing with a lot. He's shown weaknesses which is the completely opposite of Merus. He's a more complex new character with ties from the past which I dig.
- Vegeta getting GoD powers while Goku continues to work on his UI? I love that. It keeps them separated, keeps them both getting strong and my boy Vegeta gets some shit he really loves that's unique to him. We need that. He needs that. Also Goku's training is cool.
- The fact that Goku's the worst UI user confirmed puts a cap on their level right now. They can still grow stronger. Sure, we assumed that but some people needed it spelt out to them.
- I like these new villains. They've got cool designs, they're space cartel, just everything revolving around them is mad cool.
- Someone being stronger than Goku? Who will it be? Granolah? GoD Vegeta? Kuriza will be born? Who who lmao? Kroly (fusion of Broly and Goku) will be born? Who knows. I'm interested.
- These new dudes are obviously trying to set Granolah and Frieza up which in Shonen manga terms means they'll end up being the big bads. Guaranteed, Frieza is gonna, in Jay-Z terms, "flee scott free PP on the steps" here lol. He's gonna dash and be fine. Those other dudes, yeah they're dead.

I can't hate on this chapter.

This is probably the only chapter of the manga I've dug this much. Not sure it'll continue, surely they'll disappoint me in the future but hey, it was cool.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Good start to arc so far. Wonder where they're gonna take Granola. He's super (ha) justified in wanting his revenge that I'm not sure if they'll paint him as evil

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
Yeah honestly the Dragon Team vs prisoners were better chapters than this one along with some of the Trunks arc.

I can't really agree. Those chapters felt like Resurrection 'F' , but worst. It also doesn't help that unlike Resurrection 'F', the Dragon Team couldn't even take out all the fodder and Goku had to save them.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah honestly the Dragon Team vs prisoners were better chapters than this one along with some of the Trunks arc.
Yeah the Moro arc didn't have a spectacular finale, but the early-middle portions of the arc were very solid. This is the first time we've had the Z Fighters in the spotlight in this capacity since literally the Saiyan Saga. Even more so than ToP since even Chiaotzu and Yamcha had some moments. And Piccolo and Gohan double team is one of my favorite Super moments. That's a moment we needed for a long ass time.

Ada

Nov 28, 2017
So Vegeta is pretty much speccing into the destruction tree then. Kinda disappointed as it has already been established that GoD are weaker than angels.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So Vegeta is pretty much speccing into the destruction tree then. Kinda disappointed as it has already been established that GoD are weaker than angels.

I mean he's gonna be weaker than Goku no matter what lol, at least this way we continue to give him actually different moves

brinstar

User requested ban
Oct 25, 2017
What I've been appreciating about the Moro arc and now this one is the feeling of a more "lived-in" universe out in space. We didn't get to see much of space outside of Namek and Freeza stuff originally, and in GT the planets just felt like whatever the writers felt like doing that week. I love the integration of the Galactic Patrol, seeing factions out there talk about Freeza's death, etc. Things just feel more connected and it's nice.

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
What I've been appreciating about the Moro arc and now this one is the feeling of a more "lived-in" universe out in space. We didn't get to see much of space outside of Namek and Freeza stuff originally, and in GT the planets just felt like whatever the writers felt like doing that week. I love the integration of the Galactic Patrol, seeing factions out there talk about Freeza's death, etc. Things just feel more connected and it's nice.

I agree, regardless of my issues with Moro arc the world building in super remains light years ahead of GT

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Yep. Moro Arc did a great job of going back to what OG DB did well in creating a more cohesive universe. Even the stuff with Vegeta and the Yardrats was interesting. Before that arc they were kinda just there and we barely knew anything of them.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
Am I the only one thinking that those folks Granolah ran into are basically Bojack and his goons but now in the main canon?

Sagroth

Oct 28, 2017
Am I the only one thinking that those folks Granolah ran into are basically Bojack and his goons but now in the main canon?

Edit: I completely misread what you said at first. Bojack would be awesome.

Unrelated: I got fully caught up with manga today (was a couple chapters behind), and I really appreciated the moment with Uub at the end of the last arc. Him not only being Kid Buu reincarnated but having the Grand Kaioshin's god ki is a clever way to justify him being worth Goku's time in EoZ if Super ever gets back to that point.

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
Wow I actually really enjoyed that chapter, though Moro was also promising early on.

Toppo's GOD form wasnt in the manga right? Whatever Vegeta gonna get completely folded by Granolah or whoever the strongest warrior is regardless of how his new powers manifest.

OP
OP
ArchedThunder

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
I've stayed out of this thread for awhile, just popping in to say that I think the Galactic Patrol Prisoner arc was great, possibly the best arc of Super as well as being better than the Cell section of Z and Granolah is off to a great start.
Now if you'll excuse me I'm going to hide behind a blast shield.

Comrade Grogu

Banned
Jun 20, 2020
Okay, so...

Please tell me the anime is continuing.

I stayed out of this thread for a while so I could be pleasantly surprised later.

There's only so much of rewatching Dragon Ball Super Broly that I can take.

And no, you may not reply with a DBS Broly movie scene on YouTube.

Thank you.

Tamanon

Oct 25, 2017
Okay, so...

I stayed out of this thread for a while so I could be pleasantly surprised later.

Thank you.

It will almost certainly be back, some time, in the future, and none of the "insiders" actually know when, or will.

Comrade Grogu

Banned
Jun 20, 2020
It will almost certainly be back, some time, in the future, and none of the "insiders" actually know when, or will.
^ Is it just me or this the same response I keep getting every time I go on hiatus from this thread and then come back to it?

Folks... Have I been here before?

Who am I?

Why do I exist?

Just to suffer?

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Isn't Super Dragon Ball Heroes basically the ongoing anime series? Maybe they don't want two of them at the same time

OP
OP
ArchedThunder

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Okay, so...

Thank you.
Toriyama did the outline for the arc that just started in the manga, so chances of the anime returning are very high, just probably not for awhile still.
Isn't Super Dragon Ball Heroes basically the ongoing anime series? Maybe they don't want two of them at the same time
That's a promotional web series that only has 1 ten minute episode a month and isn't treated as a priority by Toei. It's a commercial.

Comrade Grogu

Banned
Jun 20, 2020
Toriyama did the outline for the arc that just started in the manga, so chances of the anime returning are very high, just probably not for awhile still.

That's a promotional web series that only has 1 ten minute episode a month and isn't treated as a priority by Toei. It's a commercial.

Wait... Toriyama did the outline for the arc in the manga? How involved was he?

OP
OP
ArchedThunder

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Wait... Toriyama did the outline for the arc in the manga? How involved was he?
The current arc, the one that just started. It sounds like a collaborative effort between Shueisha, Toriyama and Toyotaro, but with Toriyama putting it all together and writing the outline. Apparently they've been planning it for a long time. The arc that just ended was likely Toyotaro's, but Toriyama was still involved in that one and even provided at least one major plot point.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I can't really agree. Those chapters felt like Resurrection 'F' , but worst. It also doesn't help that unlike Resurrection 'F', the Dragon Team couldn't even take out all the fodder and Goku had to save them.

The fodder being characters (even if one note ones that only existed for that battle) and several of them with unique abilities puts them way over Ressurrection F's grunts (and one named guy) to me. I've always thought having several unique fighters would have made that sequence way more enjoyable and that bit basically proved it. That said, I agree with your complaint about Goku finishing the battles, but only in the sense that if we had gotten a chapter for everyone turning around the battle, with Goku only arriving for Moro, it would have made that battle actually great, not just a neat moment.

Last edited:

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
The fodder being characters (even if one note ones that only existed for that battle) and several of them with unique abilities puts them way over Ressurrection F's grunts (and one named guy) to me. I've always thought having several unique fighters would have made that sequence way more enjoyable and that bit basically proved it. That said, I agree with your complaint about Goku finishing the battles, but only in the sense that if we had gotten a chapter for everyone turning around the battle, with Goku only arriving for Moro, it would have made that battle actually great, not just a neat moment.

The unique abilities were undercooked and only existed so the Dragon Team would lose and need Goku to save them.

Comrade Grogu

Banned
Jun 20, 2020
The current arc, the one that just started. It sounds like a collaborative effort between Shueisha, Toriyama and Toyotaro, but with Toriyama putting it all together and writing the outline. Apparently they've been planning it for a long time. The arc that just ended was likely Toyotaro's, but Toriyama was still involved in that one and even provided at least one major plot point.
Wow, nice.

TMaakkonen

Oct 26, 2017
I thought Moro Arc wasnt that well received, but it seems there has been some positive thoughts on it.

Its really hard to judge it, it had good ideas but something doesn't sit right with me in it.

Hows Era's opinions on Moro Arc? More positive or negative?

OP
OP
ArchedThunder

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
I thought Moro Arc wasnt that well received, but it seems there has been some positive thoughts on it.

Its really hard to judge it, it had good ideas but something doesn't sit right with me in it.

I really liked it a lot. I noticed some changing opinions about it after it ended and people reread it, so opinions seem to be more positive now than when it was running. I think its biggest problem was simply the monthly release schedule.

brinstar

User requested ban
Oct 25, 2017

I liked it way more on reread. Reading it monthly I was more caught up in where I was hoping the story would go, but reading it all at once it's pretty cool. My gripes with it are mostly I wish Vegeta got more to do and I think Moro became less interesting conceptually as he evolved.

Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017
I like the direction the manga is going in. I am all about more universe 7 world building and exploration since we barley saw anything other than Namek. I'm cool with them saving exploring other universes in later arcs. No rush. The universe is huge and makes sense that there are people that are stronger guys out there we never heard about. Granolah is definitely not going to be the main villain. I see him in the same role as Future Trunks and Merus by assisting Goku and Vegeta taking down the big bad.

I can also see Frieza bodying Granolah. He's walking into a massacre if he doesn't know about Golden Frieza.

Oct 25, 2017
I like the direction the manga is going in. I am all about more universe 7 world building and exploration since we barley saw anything other than Namek. I'm cool with them saving exploring other universes in later arcs. No rush. The universe is huge and makes sense that there are people that are stronger guys out there we never heard about. Granolah is definitely not going to be the main villain. I see him in the same role as Future Trunks and Merus by assisting Goku and Vegeta taking down the big bad.

I can also see Frieza bodying Granolah. He's walking into a massacre if he doesn't know about Golden Frieza.
He doesn't seem to know anything his world about to get rocked lol