• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Whipwhopper

Oct 7, 2020
Canon arc rankings time -

Top Tier -
Piccolo arc
Saiyan arc
Android arc

Great Tier -
Freeza arc
Universal Survival (Tournament of Power) arc
Broly arc
Future Trunks (Goku Black) arc

Good Tier -
Battle of Gods arc
Search for Dragonballs arc
Boo arc
Galactic Patrol Prisoner arc
Red Ribbon Army arc

Eh Tier -
Champa (Universe 6) arc
Resurrection 'F arc

Actually enjoyed the hell out of Moro's arc. It had clear issues but I had fun reading it and reading the discourse around it. Felt like a worse version of the Boo arc - another arc that experimented with new ideas and went on for waaaay too long with some shit that didn't land like it should've.

Freeza Arc only second tier? Get that outta here

Piccolo Arc to Freeza Arc was peak Dragonball

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
Because Baby was GT pivoting away from trying to recreate OG Dragonball and instead go back to Z, he's basically every Z villain thrown into a blender

"Shit uh...ok so give him Dr Gero's revenge story and uh make it look like Cell when we see him. WAIT WAIT make him look and move like Kid Buu. Ooo ooo I know let's give him the Garlic Jr plot. And Freeza's racism. And have him possess Vegeta for his main body."

Yeah, that is honestly the biggest issue I have with GT. For creative it can be in parts, most of it recycled Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, Z fillers, and even the movies. Heck, Baby himself it just an expy of Rachi from Destroy All Saiyans.

I say to this day GT failed because it tried to be OG Dragon Ball without understanding why Dragon Ball worked and while it had more success copying Z, it still came out as the inferior copycat. And in the grand scheme of things, it added nothing to the Dragon Ball lore besides Super Saiyan 4 and evil Dragon Balls.

TMaakkonen

Oct 26, 2017
Moro Arc had them put kids work at 17's island again.

Funny enough they seem to give excuses for lack of appearances a lot. Gohan has lecture, Buu sleeps, Goten & Trunks are at island etc.

Kagari

潜在能力解放
Oct 24, 2017
I meant that as for characters in general. So not only Gohan, but Buu, Goten & Trunks.

Hell Beerus gets this every Arc. Frieza in Moro Arcs Bonus page.
Boo and Goten and Trunks are the only characters who keep having repeated reasons for being sidelined. The Boo one in particular was used 4 times now which is ridiculous.

Beerus isn't a fighter so it's whatever, and Freeza should be dead anyway.

Oct 25, 2017
New chapter out.

I want to say this is a good start, but the Moro arc had a good start too only to falter hard by the end. So I'm staying weary

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
That chapter was great. Either Toyo is setting us up for disappointment again or Toriyama's involvement is really showing.

I'm very interested in seeing what happens with Granolah. I assume he'd be mad at first upon finding out that some of the Saiyans are still around only to come around after realizing that there aren't many of them and none of them are evil, but I think it'd be funny if he ends up looking in on Goku's bullshit from an outsider's perspective

Like: "what? this fighting-obsessed manchild is the strongest mortal in the universe? He brought back Freeza and then just let him go? How is any of that okay? He's a danger to us all."

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure how I feel about Granola's personality but that opinion can always change with time. I do find it weird we still haven't gotten any mention of Broly in the manga though.

Dougieflesh

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Milky Way Ghetto
Granolah seems okay so far. I like how they aren't taking Vegeta down the Ultra Instinct power up. Him having something different from Goku is potentially more exciting.

ReadyorNot

Jan 6, 2018
That new chapter might of been one of the most fun chapters of the Super manga that I've ever read. Not bad and I'm kind of rooting a little for Granolah to get his revenge on Freeza.

Oct 25, 2017
I read it. It wasn't awful but still had some of the dumb shit I hate about the manga. Namely the millions of panels per page. Waiting for it to be awful again

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
That was an excellent chapter

Nice to see Beerus being featured in the manga for the first time ever

Bracing myself for the cycle tho.

lemonade

May 8, 2018
Interested to see what Vegeta's new form will be.

As usual with DB, Ultra Instinct is starting to lose its spectacle. It no longer is the unreal power that defeated Jiren.

Whipwhopper

Oct 7, 2020
I feel like the new Vegeta power up will continue on his path of ki control he started in Yardrat, maybe learning how to use his power in controlled explosions as a contrast to ultra instincts controlled flow

brinstar

User requested ban
Oct 25, 2017
Interested to see what Vegeta's new form will be.

As usual with DB, Ultra Instinct is starting to lose its spectacle. It no longer is the unreal power that defeated Jiren.
I feel like it doesn't have the same presence in the manga. Though it did come off way better in the Moro arc. But in the manga's ToP arc and this chapter it feels pretty muted.

Oct 25, 2017
What I'm most interested in is what the conflict will be, assuming Granola somehow manages to become the strongest of the universe. I keep hoping to see the fact that Beerus gave Freeza orders to destroy certain planets, but then again Freeza pointing a strong enemy back towards Goku and co after Broly would be a weird retread.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Hey, what if the new strongest in the universe isn't referring to Granolah because it actually ends up being Vege-pffffft hahahahaha, I can't even finish that sentence.

Oct 25, 2017
Hey, what if the new strongest in the universe isn't referring to Granolah because it actually ends up being Vege-pffffft hahahahaha, I can't even finish that sentence.
I felt a slight glimmer of hope that it would be this but then reality set in. At least it seems like Vegeta is getting his own thing to further differentiate him from Goku.

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Fuck that was so good! Best DBS manga chapter ever maybe?

Low bar, but yes.

I have been extremely critical of Toyotaro and I'm ready to admit this is his best work.

He finally got Beerus right, he's an asshole on the outside but he has a soft spot for Goku and Vegeta (and earth really) and wants to see them improve. There is a certain kindness to Beerus.

In the manga he's been a complete asshole, his exchange with Vegeta here was much more in line with how BOG and a anime Super portray him