• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
You guys all have to watch that Dragon Quest Anime.

Man oh man.

Gives me heavy DragonBall vibes and I am not talking about the artstyle. Also animation is top notch.

Last edited:

Zan

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I just caught a random episode of Dragon Ball Heroes.

Yeah, I can see why the dub would skip this.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Is it really that good? Story? Animation? Give me some more details. I'm guessing it's not too silly, I hope.
The story is more so like DragonBall were it is simple but I enjoyed it from episode 1-5.

There are indeed DB like comedy in it too. Sometimes the animation is really good.

Episode 6 for me was the weakest, particularly for a certain character but I heard this series is based of some old manga and apparently there is character development to be had.

Some said to me that the story gets way better as it progresses.

Something nice to watch every Saturday/Friday night if you want to stay up.

Comrade Grogu

Banned
Jun 20, 2020
The story is more so like DragonBall were it is simple but I enjoyed it from episode 1-5.

There are indeed DB like comedy in it too. Sometimes the animation is really good.

Episode 6 for me was the weakest, particularly for a certain character but I heard this series is based of some old manga and apparently there is character development to be had.

Some said to me that the story gets way better as it progresses.

Something nice to watch every Saturday/Friday night if you want to stay up.

Interesting! Maybe something to occupy myself with from time to time. I'll give it a look-see. Thanks!

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
gAgrYG7.jpg

TMaakkonen

Oct 26, 2017
Manga sketches from next chapter weren't talked here?

Beerus apparently being able to wipeout Moro with ease but Grand Priest called him.

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
Manga sketches from next chapter weren't talked here?

Beerus apparently being able to wipeout Moro with ease but Grand Priest called him.

I stand by the fact that Beerus needs to lose his fucking job because that is LITERALLY his fucking job and wont do his job. There needs to be an story arc where someone tries to take his fucking job.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
I always thought Goku Black would betray Zamasu due to being changed by Saiyan instincts.

He always felt like he was enjoying fighting more then wanting to go about accomplish the so called mortal elimination plan.

Of course even if he did betray him I expected Goku Black to remain still evil but be power or rather fighting challenge hungry.

Every time he saw Goku surpass his limits he was smiling from ear to ear since he knew he could by extension do the same.

And he got lost into wanting to fight them over everything else.

Oh well.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Manga Scans have leaked.....

Three Words..

WHAT THE ^&%$

No seriously - giant Goku summoning a Mini Goku is wild

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone remembers when Goku actually acted like an adult and a father?

What are you doing, giving up over just that!? You have to use up every last bit of power you hold! There ain't anything else!
Gohan, you ain't giving enough power!
Goten, don't be scared!
Is it fine with you guys if the Earth is smashed to pieces by Broly!? Can't you protect it if I ain't around!?

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
"At least Super can't get any worse"

*Spoilers drop*

giphy.gif

This would have 100% worked if it's something Vegeta could do from being on Yardrat.

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
Anyone remembers when Goku actually acted like an adult and a father?

What are you doing, giving up over just that!? You have to use up every last bit of power you hold! There ain't anything else!
Gohan, you ain't giving enough power!
Goten, don't be scared!
Is it fine with you guys if the Earth is smashed to pieces by Broly!? Can't you protect it if I ain't around!?

Episode 120 of Super:

And in that clip, it's questionable if that was even Goku or just something Shenron made up.

Zan

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So what do we think the next arc's gonna be about? I think it's gonna be a road trip to all the remaining unexplored universes.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
So what do we think the next arc's gonna be about? I think it's gonna be a road trip to all the remaining unexplored universes.
I think if there were any interest in that from Toriyama's (or even Toyotaro, considering this Moro arc) it probably would have happened already. The only way I see something in that direction coming is with a Toei push.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Except even Gohan wondered if Goku was even there since he just disappeared and Goku lacked a halo despite being dead.

Gohan said "Dad, you did come here, didn't you?" which seems like confirmation to me. As for the lack of halo, it was the same in Bojack Unbound and in that instance there was no Shenron around and we saw King Kai's reaction:

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
Gohan said "Dad, you did come here, didn't you?" which seems like confirmation to me. As for the lack of halo, it was the same in Bojack Unbound and in that instance there was no Shenron around and we saw King Kai's reaction:

Forgot Goku had no halo in that movie. Guess that is what I get for seeing it only once.

Point still stands that the movie purposely left it vague if it was really Goku giving the odd way he appeared and the Dragon Balls granting a wish without Shenron.

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Bold move taking a page from the worst season of Legend of Korra

At least it's something new I guess, better than a boring Kamehameha finish