• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Stunner911

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Wakanda
XRs0yzR.gif

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Toyo doesn't care about universes other than 7. So as long as we're getting DB content from him, RIP other universes stuff.

I think the actual issue is Toriyama clearly not caring for them considering how few characters he bothered designing, not even one per universe. No characters from other universes in Broly either (where he was writing the script, not just giving a story outline).

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
I think the actual issue is Toriyama clearly not caring for them considering how few characters he bothered designing, not even one per universe. No characters from other universes in Broly either (where he was writing the script, not just giving a story outline).

In Broly's case, there was no real room for other universes. The movie didn't even include most of U7.

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
If the anime comes back can we get like 3 villian arcs beforea an9ther tournament
No. We'll get 4 tournaments in a row.

The anime will return and turn Moro into a tournament arc. Whenever someone from Moro's team loses he eats their planet, if they win he copies the power of whoever lost on Earth's team. Moro eats the earth if his team wins. Finally we'll have hit everything from the Cell saga.

Skeeter49

I wish Jim Ryan would eat me
Oct 25, 2017

The anime will return and turn Moro into a tournament arc. Whenever someone from Moro's team loses he eats their planet, if they win he copies the power of whoever lost on Earth's team. Moro eats the earth if his team wins.
To be fair, it'd probably be better handled than the manga Moro arc.

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017

The anime will return and turn Moro into a tournament arc. Whenever someone from Moro's team loses he eats their planet, if they win he copies the power of whoever lost on Earth's team. Moro eats the earth if his team wins. Finally we'll have hit everything from the Cell saga.
facts

falcondoc

Oct 29, 2017
Well... I have been defending the manga, but I have to admit that was pretty stupid. Not even the sensu bean part but the whole meerus/merging with the earth crap. This arc needs to end, not be endlessly dragged out. At least Toyo seems to honing his craft in regards to paneling each month.

brinstar

User requested ban
Oct 25, 2017
I thought this chapter was fine in context but yeah I'm just ready for this all to be over. I guess Vegeta will be able to separate him from the earth

Tabaxi

Nov 18, 2018
This is the fight that never ends, yes, it goes on and on, my friend.

- Is there any explanation as to why Goku wants Moro to go to galactic jail willingly? Couldn't he just knock him out?

- I know manga Beerus and Whis don't care, but I'm pretty sure someone outright stealing an angel's powers should be reason enough for them to do their job.

- Moro fusing with the planet was a fun enough twist, and it (probably) means Vegeta's defusion technique will end up playing into the finish.

- Since we've already revisited King Piccolo, Freeza and Cell this arc, I wonder if this is going to end with Goku hoping King Yemma reincarnates Moro into a good person who trains so they can have their rematch.

Honestly, outside of Goku's unnecessary characterization, the senzu bean being a pointless reference, and the fact this arc should've wrapped up like 5 chapters ago, I don't think it was that bad in a vacuum.

Syntsui

Oct 25, 2017
In context, Goku's stupid action was way better handled than I feared. He clearly had everything under control and would still stomp Angel Moro. Now this instant Earth merge shit is the real idioticy that can't be defended.

So now I guess Vegeta will punch the planet, Beerus will hakai Moro and beat the shit out of Goku for being an idiot in a cliche comic relief moment. Then they will all eat desserts and proceed to the next disastrous arc.

Oct 25, 2017
This entire chapter would be the same without Goku healing Moro and suddenly insisting he trains in jail???
Like what was even the point of that.

brinstar

User requested ban
Oct 25, 2017
I don't even think they needed the senzu bean, they could've just had the angel powers heal him

Deleted member 4461

User Requested Account Deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hey, remember the Cell Saga when Goku gave a senzu bean to a villain and that villain powered up but still lost?

Then that villain grew really big and if they died, then the Earth went with it?

Good times

Comrade Grogu

Banned
Jun 20, 2020
lol I take it that everyone here hates the manga?

Another question: who actually likes the manga? I don't mean in just Reset Era, but in general.

I'm just curious since there seems to be so much hate for it.

Rirse

Jun 29, 2019
Hey, remember the Cell Saga when Goku gave a senzu bean to a villain and that villain powered up but still lost?

Then that villain grew really big and if they died, then the Earth went with it?

Good times

Like I said in the spoiler (now that open spoilers are allowed), King Kai probably going to die again.

Comrade Grogu

Banned
Jun 20, 2020
Apologies, I don't hate the manga.
Oh okay sorry if I came off as a bit hard-headed.

Anyways, I can't say I hate the manga (as I've honestly only read the first chapters of it and then stopped), but I'm worried about Toyotaro (spelling?).

Everything I've heard about him is that he was originally a fanfic writer and basically just copies certain scenes from the show while also being a good artist.

That being said... What has me worried is that he's set to inherit the franchise after Toriyama, right? Couldn't Toriyama have picked somebody... better?

Comrade Grogu

Banned
Jun 20, 2020
As a casual reader of it I liked most of this arc at least. Can't speak for anything prior I didn't read it until the new stuff started
Awesome. Glad you enjoyed it, at least.

I'm not going to read it because my schedule is busy enough but maybe I'll wait until another arc starts and jump right in.

All the same: I'm more worried about what's essentially a "nobody" inheriting the franchise; I hope that there's a writing team after Toriyama's death.

Oct 28, 2017
Oh okay sorry if I came off as a bit hard-headed.

Anyways, I can't say I hate the manga (as I've honestly only read the first chapters of it and then stopped), but I'm worried about Toyotaro (spelling?).

Everything I've heard about him is that he was originally a fanfic writer and basically just copies certain scenes from the show while also being a good artist.

That being said... What has me worried is that he's set to inherit the franchise after Toriyama, right? Couldn't Toriyama have picked somebody... better?
Don't worry about it, my response could easily be seen as vague.

Yes, as far as I know the things you've said is true,. While I treat Dragon Ball as junk food, Toyotaro seems I guess hacky is how the others say it and yes I can see that.

As far as I know yeah lol and you can really just hope he grows into his own really. Yes, Toriyama could of definitely picked someone better.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I like how this chapter almost gives you an opportunity to cut Goku some slack now that we see the full picture of the chapter, then the Moro planet thing happens and yep, Goku you're a fucking dumbass