• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Just read the spoilers/ scans

tenor.gif

TMaakkonen

Oct 26, 2017
Merus comes, whoops up Moro, Dende heals Goku, Goku goes UI Omen again but fails again, Beerus & Whis come to look situation, Merus uses staff gun and his power to break Moro's Gems but disappears because Angels shouldnt do that, Goku looks sad so mastered UI next time.

Unless final battle is rushed, we'll prolly get 2 chapters of mastered UI fight and epilogue so this Arc might last to November.

Wait, Goku blew Moro's arm which had Gem. Shouldn't that have destroyed the gem :V

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
Merus comes, whoops up Moro, Dende heals Goku, Goku goes UI Omen again but fails again, Beerus & Whis come to look situation, Merus uses staff gun and his power to break Moro's Gems but disappears because Angels shouldnt do that, Goku looks sad so mastered UI next time.

Unless final battle is rushed, we'll prolly get 2 chapters of mastered UI fight and epilogue so this Arc might last to November.

Wait, Goku blew Moro's arm which had Gem. Shouldn't that have destroyed the gem :V
Toyo
Is
A
Terrible
Writer

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
I know he is, but I still want to give him tiniest of benefit of doubt.

But uhh that seems like a major story issue.

He literally tried to ripoff
Android 16 and Krillin's death with Merus

He even asks Goku to protect the birds and anim...I mean the galaxy and planets that he loves

Then Toyotaro has the AUDACITY OF framing Goku's reaction to Merus like he reacted to Krillin's and is about to go MUI for Merus like he went SS for Krillin.

Him trying to even suggest that Merus is as beloved and important a friend to Goku as Krillin is just insulting

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
I can't stop smiling. The mad man did it. After so many months seeing this coming, I can spam the hell of this:

Yes you did, Meerus. Yes you did. So long, you badly written OC who tried to copy Android 16.

TMaakkonen

Oct 26, 2017
It is funny how the Gem mistake is so similar to Toriyama's mistake with Cell's head nucleus. Of course I don't think that happened right after next chapter it was mentioned.

brinstar

User requested ban
Oct 25, 2017
This is pretty much what I figured would happen though I thought they'd have Merus straight up kill Moro so thankfully that didn't happen. Lame that this is all being funneled into the same outcome as always but the writing's been on the wall the past few months ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Tabaxi

Nov 18, 2018
I'm just worried that, if Goku permanently reaches MUI this arc, it'll have to be adapted if the anime comes back.

Kagari

潜在能力解放
Oct 24, 2017
I can't stop smiling. The mad man did it. After so many months seeing this coming, I can spam the hell of this:

Yes you did, Meerus. Yes you did. So long, you badly written OC who tried to copy Android 16.

Tried to copy, literally.
Right before Merus gets dusted he says, "This galaxy that I loved and this universe so full of excitement... please protect it..."

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Moro arc is literally just Dragon Ball Super GT

Some kinda neat ideas executed abysmally that also turn into shitty retreads of stuff from DBZ

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
Tried to copy, literally.
Right before Merus gets dusted he says, "This galaxy that I loved and this universe so full of excitement... please protect it..."

I used 'try' as saying bad ripoff.

Moro arc is literally just Dragon Ball Super GT

Some kinda neat ideas executed abysmally that also turn into shitty retreads of stuff from DBZ

That's strangely accurate.

Although to give GT credit, it was a shitty retread of OG Dragon Ball that they reworked to be a mediocre retread of Dragon Ball Z because they failed to understand why the original Dragon Ball worked.

Last edited:

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
Becoming more increasingly blatant in trying to recreate DBZ's greatest hits but can't bring back my man Cooler? SMH. No wait I don't wait Toyo to do it, I take it back, don't monkey's paw me.

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017

You're right actually.

Goku shows more emotion over Meerus dying than Trunks and Mai over losing their entire timeline and all their love ones being erased. Dende was also not as distressed when he heard some goat wizard ate his planet.

Although, U6 in the manga kinda sucks, so who really cares about them being erased.

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
Read the summary and

Meerus went full Sue on us. And you know, Meerus wouldn't have to die if Beerus did his freaking job. So the Grand Priest should punished Beerus over that.

TMaakkonen

Oct 26, 2017
I guess Goku did spend a year with Meerus due to Time chamber and Goku generally doesn't like killing and he likes sparring partners.

Still, not like we saw anything special from Meerus and this is a retread of 16 so meh

ReadyorNot

Jan 6, 2018
On the subject of the new Super manga chapter:

lol @ Whis' last words about Meerus being that he was a clumsy brother. Compare that response to Beerus when reacting to his brother being erased back in the TOP (in the anime at least) and he can't stand him. It's sad.

Last edited:

TMaakkonen

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, Goku wanted to save Upa's father & Cell's victims so I honestly could buy him being sad Meerus dies.

The problem is, as a character Meerus is boring so we as audience don't care lol

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
On the subject of the new Super manga chapter:

lol @ Whis' last words about Meerus being that he was a clumsy brother. Compare that response to Beerus when reacting to his brother being erased back in the TOP (in the anime at least) and he can't stand him. It's sad.

Toyo turning Whis into a holier than thou sociopath and Beerus into a mighty prick....sigh

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
Toyo turning Whis into a holier than thou sociopath and Beerus into a mighty prick....sigh

To be fair, Whis is the same person who laughed and mocked Beerus about being erased by Zeno. So him shrugging his shoulders about Meerus is in character. I think the closest he has ever gotten to being disgusted was with Black and Zamasu.

Which remains me, an angel can't interfere with mortal affairs, but it's perfectly okay to break time law to make a new timeline for two mortals?

Beerus, however, is directly responsible for what happened to Meerus because he just refuses to do his job.

Vito

Oct 25, 2017
I hate manga Beerus.

Just look at his reaction to Champa getting erased in both mediums. It's a night and day difference.

alpha

Oct 25, 2017
Welp, full Ultra Instinct incoming. Moro dead now lol.

If they adapt this story when the anime comes back, I bet it will be dramatically different.

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
To be fair, Whis is the same person who laughed and mocked Beerus about being erased by Zeno. So him shrugging his shoulders about Meerus is in character. I think the closest he has ever gotten to being disgusted was with Black and Zamasu.

Which remains me, an angel can't interfere with mortal affairs, but it's perfectly okay to break time law to make a new timeline for two mortals?

Beerus, however, is directly responsible for what happened to Meerus because he just refuses to do his job.

There's always a dash of comedy to Whis's fuckery with Beerus, that is completely missing here which makes Whis feel like a total asshole, not a funny dick.

Karsha

May 1, 2020
I love it that ultra instict is supposed to be the opposite of the SSJ yet

In both occasion its triggered by rage and desperation. Wtf kind of writing is this? And I don't even mind this saga, quite liking it but if you put up new ideas at least stick to them

Vito

Oct 25, 2017
Jesus Christ this chapter.

Beerus and even Whis are shit.

alpha

Oct 25, 2017
I love it that ultra instict is supposed to be the opposite of the SSJ yet

In both occasion its triggered by rage and desperation. Wtf kind of writing is this? And I don't even mind this saga, quite liking it but if you put up new ideas at least stick to them

Yeah, it is dumb. Toyotaro just ain't it chief. It's like he said "lol naw" anytime an idea from the anime is presented then does it however the fuck he wants.

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Yeah, it is dumb. Toyotaro just ain't it chief. It's like he said "lol naw" anytime an idea from the anime is presented then does it however the fuck he wants.

Which is extra stupid when in this very arc he walked back his shitty take on UI and used the Anime one. THEN he walks that one back again to push a new take.

He's not only a fanfic writer, he's the worst kind of fanfic writer, the "I can do even better!" type.

Kagari

潜在能力解放
Oct 24, 2017
Which is extra stupid when in this very arc he walked back his shitty take on UI and used the Anime one. THEN he walks that one back again to push a new take.

He's not only a fanfic writer, he's the worst kind of fanfic writer, the "I can do even better!" type.
You can find better fanfics on fanfiction.net.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017

I don't think he walked back on it (at least not in this arc), he was just trying to come up with an explanation for why UI suddenly couldn't be used after the ToP. The actual problem is that his introduction for UI during the ToP felt way too natural since it was built as the conclusion of his development, so Goku being unable to use it afterwards (to fit in with the Broly movie) felt odd from the start. Bringing up the "trigger" stuff in this arc is just attempting to make sense of it all.