• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

mozbar

Feb 20, 2018
Just caught up with reading the manga and...

I won't be happy if they have Goku save the universe again. They've set things up perfectly for Vegeta. That man deserves some redemption, even if he is going to hell HFIL.

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
Geets acknowledging that he'll still go to hell is the one thing I really liked about this arc from a character development perspective.

Is it possible to atone for all the evil he's done? The Dragon may feel so, Yenma may forgive him too, but the fact that Geets still believes he could never make up for his genocidal past is good stuff.

TMaakkonen

Oct 26, 2017
Toyo wanted Merus to be popular. Is he anywhere?

I dont like this Arc because if its not gonna be animated, its going to be filler that wont be continued in manga. And also because its sloppy ofc.

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
Toyo wanted Merus to be popular. Is he anywhere?

I dont like this Arc because if its not gonna be animated, its going to be filler that wont be continued in manga. And also because its sloppy ofc.

That and they would have to rewrite how UI Omen works.

In the anime, it's an incomplete form because Goku is thinking before he attacks and he completed UI by relaxing and going with the flow of battle.

In the manga, Omen is the 'first step', although it doesn't really explain why you need Omen before completed UI and Omen has horrible stamina compared to completed UI. Which is the opposite of the anime where all forms of UI have horrible stamina with UI making Goku's back explode. In fact, I'm still not sure what Omen is supposed to be in the manga. Toyo writes it like Super Saiyan Grade 2 to Super Saiyan 2.

HammerOfThor

Oct 26, 2017
Not Super related, but does anyone know if the Bluray DBZ movies have the English dub with the original score? Also, back during the lead-up to the Super Broly movie, where the theatrical re-releases of Fusion, Bardock, and Broly new dubs? If so, are those on Bluray?

TMaakkonen

Oct 26, 2017
Technically removal of UIO isnt that easy. Its the thing Goku tried to learn to beat Moro with.

But why would you make UIO into a failed technique.

Tabaxi

Nov 18, 2018
Technically removal of UIO isnt that easy. Its the thing Goku tried to learn to beat Moro with.

Since UIO (and honestly, UI itself) is basically just a power up in the manga, I don't think it's that difficult to say Goku just went off to get stronger. Or went off fully intending on learning to use Ultra Instinct but couldn't do it before he had to rush back to Earth.

But why would you make UIO into a failed technique.

But how else was Toyo supposed to show that his new OC villain was super mega powerful?

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
Vegetto seemingly emerged with no wounds after Goku and Vegeta fused, but he still ate a senzu right before actually starting to fight against Merged Zamasu. So, I don't think Kefla's case points one way or another.
I guess that explains that Toyo nonsense of Kefla = Kale.

But then again, Gogeta was fresh in the movie while both Goku and Vegeta where exhausted.

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
I guess that explains that Toyo nonsense of Kefla = Kale.

But then again, Gogeta was fresh in the movie while both Goku and Vegeta where exhausted.

Dragon Ball isn't very constant with this. Like Goku and Vegeta ate a Senzu in the anime before Fusion to fight Zamasu, yet Kelfa was fresh despite Cali being unable to stand. I also don't think Goku and Vegeta in the movie was that exhausted. Especially Vegeta who didn't really fight after Broly went Rage and Goku was able to go Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan even after Broly gave him the Loki treatment.

Vito

Oct 25, 2017
Dragon Ball isn't very constant with this. Like Goku and Vegeta ate a Senzu in the anime before Fusion to fight Zamasu, yet Kelfa was fresh despite Cali being unable to stand. I also don't think Goku and Vegeta in the movie was that exhausted. Especially Vegeta who didn't really fight after Broly went Rage and Goku was able to go Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan even after Broly gave him the Loki treatment.
Well, the first thing Goku aks Piccolo when they teleport to him is for senzu beans.

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
Well, the first thing Goku aks Piccolo when they teleport to him is for senzu beans.

He was hurt, but when I think exhausted, I think Goku in the TOP who could barely hold Super Saiyan or couldn't even transform for a period of time. Vegeta's weird because he lost his armor between frames in the movies. I had to rewind to find out how and when Vegeta got hurt.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
www.toei-animation.com

DIGIMON ADVENTURE (2020) - Toei Animation

Digital Monsters DigimonIn a parallel universe called Digital World live digital creatures, the Digimons. Populating the Earth’s many communication networks, these creatures are raised by humans called Tamers. Together they team up to fight Evil, trying to destroy the heart of their Digital World.

Digimon anime apparently now confirmed for 66 episodes, delaying any possible return of the Super anime even more.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
www.toei-animation.com

DIGIMON ADVENTURE (2020) - Toei Animation

Digital Monsters DigimonIn a parallel universe called Digital World live digital creatures, the Digimons. Populating the Earth’s many communication networks, these creatures are raised by humans called Tamers. Together they team up to fight Evil, trying to destroy the heart of their Digital World.

Digimon anime apparently now confirmed for 66 episodes, delaying any possible return of the Super anime even more.

October 2021 baby we in there

; ____________________ ;

zooj

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ames, IA
as a doctor who fan, i'm used to hiatus. As a dragon ball fan, i am even more used to hiatus. Check in with ya'll if COVID or Digimon ever ends

Dartastic

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vegeta just got wrecked by Jiren in the anime. Dang that was cool, haha. What a way to go.

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
>Original Character Do Not Steal bullshits his way into fixing all issues
>Goku wins lol

Pick one.

It would be perfect that Vegeta went through all that training, got a perfect counter technique for the villain of the week, got build up as the hero of the arc to be his redemption for his past as a villain, having Goku lose in his second stronger form that they completely butchered, only to amount to Vegeta making the villain stronger. It really would be the Ultimate Gohan treatment.

Last edited:

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017

This can't really be 'fixed' since this arc is broken on a foundation level.

-This arc depends on Beerus losing all the development he gained in the anime and not caring about doing his job after his poor management nearly got U7 erased.

-UI Omen in the anime doesn't work like the manga. So Goku achieving it and not the completed UI forms makes little sense. Especially to the point that Goku had to lose all his fighting IQ to make the fatal mistake that made him lose Omen because Toyo decided from the Universal Survival Saga onward that Goku's a muscle head who only wins by 'meh, more power'.

-There is no way they can explain how Goku and Vegeta can be knocked out for three days and Moro not gathering all the Dragon Balls and also keep out the utterly BS 'I can sense Dragon Balls all the sudden' when the heroes grew a brain and decided to hide the Dragon Balls.

-How Frieza's henchmen gained access to the Dragon Balls via some random mind control device he had on him since he somehow knew that he needed a Namekian unlike his boss and killed the Elder Namekian who off-scene gave the power of the Dragon Balls to Denda-lite for no real reason.

-Moro's second wish sucks.

-How did all the prisoners know where Namek was when the remains of Frieza Forces couldn't find it despite searching for nearly a decade? And how did they reach the planet so fast? Like, it took days for Moro to reach it after his prison break.

-Meerus is an OC with all the horrible traits of one you would see in a fanfic and giving him a good voice aren't fixing this.

-73 is literally just Hit with creepy eyes and horns with an ability we have seen dozens of times in Dragon Ball.

The only salvageable thing in this arc is Moro, and that's because they can keep his personality as bland as rice cracker and just give him awesome magical techniques like how they turned Merged Zamasu into a RPG boss or how they diversified Hit's Time Skip. Although, even that will be short change after Moro eats the Hit knockoff and turns into goat version of Cell and get the played out 'I can regen' Dragon Ball super power.

Also, they never did explained why did Moro randomly gained some of his power back when he was closed to dying of old age.

Overall, they would have to rewrite this arc from the ground up to make it work, but Toei is never going to do that. Instead, we will get something like the retellings where some stuff is made better, while other feel worse, and the end we're still left with a heavily flawed story that only redeeming traits being good music, hopefully great animation, less weird dialog, voice acting, and art that isn't Toyo's infamous broke bodies. That and UI actually dodging.

Vito

Oct 25, 2017
God damn.

You forgot how it was never explained why the 30 minute time limit doesn't work on Moro when using abilities.

TMaakkonen

Oct 26, 2017
Toei even tried to fix RoF's laser and further explained Frieza's training.

As for Beerus in Moro Arc, the only way I can see fix is that Beerus keeps Moro alive to "train" Goku & Vegeta. With a caveat that all planets that Moro terrorize are deemed too bad to save.

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
Youre not wrong HeroR

Omen really, really sucks shit after this arc

To be fair, UI always sucked in the manga. If the form was based on the manga, no one would give a shit about it and see it as a silver-haired version of Super Saiyan God. I mean, UI Omen made it's manga debut with this picture:

latest

God damn.

You forgot how it was never explained why the 30 minute time limit doesn't work on Moro when using abilities.

Oh god, I completely forgotten about that. That is by far the most Mary Sue thing I have seen Toyo write, and giving that he wrote Meerus that is both impressive and scary.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
They'd had to completely reroot this arc from the ground up in order to "fix" it and a task of those proportions is something I don't think the anime team will do. The amount of damage done through this one arc is insane. The only good thing they had was Vegeta getting special training and rising up but they even screwed that up.

You can't fix something like that by just changing a few set pieces. You gotta completely change the set.

I don't have any faith in them.

Tabaxi

Nov 18, 2018
it's weird to me that Toyo didn't even try to use a bullshit excuse like "Moro's magic can increase the limit" for why the 30 minute limit no longer applied to him.

Then again, why introduce a villain with magic in the first place if you're going to abandon that for copying powers instead?

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't they beg people to preorder and drop too much money for this shitty remaster that they claimed would be limited? And then they turn around and do this

What a joke

you got it

it was so obviously horse shit the moment they announced a crowd funding campaign for a billion dollar franchise celebrating its 30th anniversary

the fun never ends with funimation and their DBZ home releases...

hupla

Oct 27, 2017
It is completely wild to me that there is no great way to own Dragon Ball the anime OR Manga in the west. Between Funis releases and Viz not great translations (and seemingly not being interested in a re translation) this hugely popular series is just...not something that gets good releases here and it sucks.

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
They'd had to completely reroot this arc from the ground up in order to "fix" it and a task of those proportions is something I don't think the anime team will do. The amount of damage done through this one arc is insane. The only good thing they had was Vegeta getting special training and rising up but they even screwed that up.

You can't fix something like that by just changing a few set pieces. You gotta completely change the set.

I don't have any faith in them.

I don't think this arc did any real damage simply because, most fans don't care about the Super manga. And I say this because the Super manga gets almost no marketing. Like Dragon Ball Heroes barely used anything from the manga, which is weird when they won't do anything simple like Super Saiyan Black. Or my favorite, 'Vegeta goes Super Saiyan God for the first time in the Dragon Ball Broly movie'. Because you know, the manga doesn't exists.

Which remains me of another error. Moro used the Dragon Balls to wish for his magic back. What exactly did he get back. All his magic is the same as before and Vegeta was able to knock him back to an old man with his technique. So, seriously, what were the Dragon Balls for?

Also, I really want Meerus to do the most Mary Sue thing and die sacrificing himself for the mortals by breaking the angel code just so I can have an excuse to play this:

Last edited:

TMaakkonen

Oct 26, 2017
That shocked expression happens waaaay too often.

I think next chapter previews used it too even if in different angle lol

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
Going by the spoilers I've heard:

I get to used my video this month. Been waiting months.Do it, Toyo! Give your OC a Sue sendoff!