• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
this is the same Goku who says conserving stamina ain't his style. The Goku who went down the path of mastered super saiyan to conserve stamina and the guy who told Frieza the reason he lost is because of his shit stamina has been replace by a Toyo simulacrum.

Manga Super Goku continues to suck, news at 11.

Although manga Beerus is a horrible character who honestly needs to die. Part of the reason why I hope this arc never get animated is because Anime Beerus would have all his character development erased and that will just kill the character for me.

falcondoc

Oct 29, 2017
this chapter was fun, but Toyo continues to have zero idea how to use or write ultra instinct. It makes no sense and is all over the place

Skeeter49

I wish Jim Ryan would eat me
Oct 25, 2017
Moro arc has been fine imo. But yeah, disapointing ending is what I expect, love to be proven wrong.

hurlex

Oct 25, 2017
Was Goku using the complete or whatever Ultra Instinct against Moro? I couldn't really tell.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Was Goku using the complete or whatever Ultra Instinct against Moro? I couldn't really tell.

It was just Omen/Sign. Even in the scene where he attempts to power up it just results in an odd mix of the manga SSB aura with Sign's design. The actual UI would give him with completely white hair, not just highlights.

NippleViking

May 2, 2018
Moro arc has been fine imo. But yeah, disapointing ending is what I expect, love to be proven wrong.
Yeah, co-signed. It's obviously far from a slamdunk, but there have been enough interesting elements to still keep it compelling: spending time with the Galactic Patrol and touring the universe, Buu's substantial role and power-up, revisiting Namek, Yardrat, Angels in training, Moro is conceptually interesting even if execution has been lacking, etc.

It actually has me really hopeful for the anime's return. With the manga now far ahead, there's enormous potential for them to use Toyo's work as a blueprint, but make substantial modifications that'll significantly improve the arc, possibly based on fan feedback. You'd hope that when the anime does return, they'll be looking to expand and flesh things out so as to avoid catching the manga too quickly.

More Galactic Patrol shenanigans, extended flashback of Grand Supreme Kai vs. Moro era, more Namek time + Namekian genocide, substantially expanded fights from the Z warriors on Earth, deeper looks into Moro-Vegeta-Goku all training and powering up particularly with regards to Ultra Instinct and Spirit control, etc.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

WTF

A6U5a5v.png

Is this real?

Biosnake

Oct 25, 2017
Just came back in this topic after not having checked it in probably almost a year and still no news or hint as Super coming back. LOL

Skeeter49

Oct 25, 2017
Started watching Super Dragon Ball Heroes out of boredom.

Baby Caulilfa and Kale. Why did no one tell me about this travesty?

Also, U6 looking like future trunks timeline was a super weird choice.

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
GT started off boring, was better in the middle and now I'm struggling to find the motivation to finish the shadow dragon saga

Gohan continues to suck as well, it looked like he was finally going to get a proper fight as an adult but no, he got trashed in seconds without landing a punch

Finally be able to start Super soon

brinstar

User requested ban
Oct 25, 2017
Started watching Super Dragon Ball Heroes out of boredom.

Baby Caulilfa and Kale. Why did no one tell me about this travesty?

Also, U6 looking like future trunks timeline was a super weird choice.
every time I watch an episode of Super DB Heroes it becomes erased from my memory almost immediately

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Oddly, the Super Dragonball Heroes anime has the same main script writer as the Future Trunks and ToP arcs of the Super anime (Atsuhiro Tomioka). I guess he really doesn't care for his current job at all considering how odd some of the writing is.

Edit: Digimon confirmed to have a one year run.

Translated Interviews with Tenya Yabuno & Atsuhiro Tomioka, w/ Adventure: Length Info

To celebrate the special chapter of V-Tamer and the new series Digimon Adventure:, there was recently a joint interview/talk with Tenya Yabuno (the artist of V-Tamer, who also designed a number of Digimon characters, Taichi included) and Atsuhiro Tomioka, the series composer of Digimon...

Last edited:

Yukari

Mar 28, 2018
Thailand
Super Dragonball Heroes Big Bang Mission - 3

CC Goku and Vegeta know Turles and Bojack. So all Z Movies happened in this timeline.

Skeeter49

Oct 25, 2017
GT started off boring, was better in the middle and now I'm struggling to find the motivation to finish the shadow dragon saga

Gohan continues to suck as well, it looked like he was finally going to get a proper fight as an adult but no, he got trashed in seconds without landing a punch

Finally be able to start Super soon
Yeah, I really don't like what they did with Gohan in GT. Or most of hte characters who aren't Goku and sometimes Trunks. Even Vegeta gets the shaft for most of it.

Skeeter49

Oct 25, 2017
every time I watch an episode of Super DB Heroes it becomes erased from my memory almost immediately
I finished it. It was super fucking weird. THe Universal conflict arc was at least easier to digest, but damn, if power scaling bothered people in Super, I would never reccomend Super Dragon Ball Heroes to them, it's so bad. To be fair, it's always been promoted as a marketing stunt, and I do enjoy it to some degree. It fills the lack of a show void.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
Not gonna lie though, some episodes had surprisingly decent animation.

It's fun to watch if you're a fan of World Mission or Xenoverse.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
super dragon ball heroes is the equivalent of late 90s/early 2000s dragon ball af fanfiction

except it's actually an official product somehow

it would actually be fun to watch if it had the shintani style and didn't look like complete trash. too bad.

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
Speaking of style, I remember this episode specifically for the character art

ReadyorNot

Jan 6, 2018
lmao @ the new Super chapter.

Moro has a new transformed/fused design that really does look like something that would come out of the Heroes series and I absolutely hate it. From the random jewel on the head to keeping that stupid goat bra.

Also, get ready for another arc to possibly use fusion again. Why Toyo?

Last edited:

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
Okay, did not see that coming:

EaxA-9kUYAAFz_l

I legit wrote 'WTF' when I saw it.

That and this:

I know this was full of crap. I seriously wonder who wrote this. The person who claimed spirit control was like Nen from HxH.

TMaakkonen

Oct 26, 2017
Well, in theory Vegeta being able to remove Ki would be great, as he drained Moro to old again.

But then Moro eat 73 and is half android now so no infinite Ki I guess haha

ReadyorNot

Jan 6, 2018
So I am just now realizing that Toyo had us wait for months with Vegeta's training. Only to stop his momentum in like one chapter. lmao, I'm dying.

TMaakkonen

Oct 26, 2017
Wait, they couldn't possible make it so new Moro is repeat of 3rd wish so we have 10+ chapters left until we are done?

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
Okay, did not see that coming:

EaxA-9kUYAAFz_l

I legit wrote 'WTF' when I saw it.

That and this:

I know this was full of crap. I seriously wonder who wrote this. The person who claimed spirit control was like Nen from HxH.

that might be the most stereotypical DB "cool" design ever conceived, Toyo pls.

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
Chapter was good enough for me. I liked Vegeta's new technique and Goku and Piccolo talking about how far Vegeta has come since the Saiyan Saga was cool. It was also nice to see that Vegeta essentially revived all the people Moro killed by taking away the energy he stole from them. Goku's also now the one chasing Vegeta which was kinda awesome to see him admit for once.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
This manga is so stupid.
It's clear that Toyotaro is just dragging his feet while Toriyama thinks of something new.
If this arc does get into the anime, it needs some serious changes.

Kagari

潜在能力解放
Oct 24, 2017
Gotta love the absolute narrative mess this is. From character regression to straight up bullshit, I gotta hand it to Toyotarou for continuing to not understand Dragon Ball.

Oct 25, 2017
I never expected anything out from Toyotaro or the manga and I'm still disappointed. That is a DB Heroes tier design, and that is a laughably stupid technique which ought to be coming from a fan manga.

If the anime ever comes back better pray that they skip this manga arc and do something new.

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
Chapter was good enough for me. I liked Vegeta's new technique and Goku and Piccolo talking about how far Vegeta has come since the Saiyan Saga was cool. It was also nice to see that Vegeta essentially revived all the people Moro killed by taking away the energy he stole from them. Goku's also now the one chasing Vegeta which was kinda awesome to see him admit for once.

For once? Goku said he was chasing Vegeta after he beat him on Earth, which was why he begged Krillin to spare him. He wanted to surpass Vegeta and win without help.

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
For once? Goku said he was chasing Vegeta after he beat him on Earth, which was why he begged Krillin to spare him. He wanted to surpass Vegeta and win without help.

This is semantics. You know what I meant which was that it's exceedingly rare for Goku to say something like that. It's usually always Vegeta saying it.