• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kagari

潜在能力解放
Oct 24, 2017
If DB anime ever comes back they could end up skipping it and just referencing the events I guess. I think this arc could be potentially pretty fun if it was expanded on, even if it has kind of just descended into the same ol' same ol'
It has major Toei movie filler vibes to me. Especially with the way UI is being treated/regressed.

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
I think what Vegeta does will confirmed this arc or not as 'filler'. Although, it was always more filler to me since this is Toyo's story with Toriyama being the editor, so it falls under the same camp as the anime's breather episodes. Also not helping that no part of Dragon Ball merch sells has touched this story arc despite it going on for over a year. Not even Heroes that uses almost everything Dragon Ball related.

Skeeter49

I wish Jim Ryan would eat me
Oct 25, 2017
"It's OK Dad, we left the Dragon Balls with Dende, so don't worry about destroying the Earth."

Like, I get that they wish people back all the time, but Gohan shouldn't be so cavalier about billions of people suffering just because they have the option of bringing them back.
This is why we need a Evil Shenron arc.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I think what Vegeta does will confirmed this arc or not as 'filler'. Although, it was always more filler to me since this is Toyo's story with Toriyama being the editor, so it falls under the same camp as the anime's breather episodes. Also not helping that no part of Dragon Ball merch sells has touched this story arc despite it going on for over a year. Not even Heroes that uses almost everything Dragon Ball related.

I think that's actually a point in favor of it not being manga-only. Heroes specially has already added manga-only content before (and even adapted FighterZ's story mode too) and with no anime on air you'd think it'd be jumping at new manga content, but it's just completely ignored, which makes more sense if they know it'll be getting animated later and are waiting for that.

Last edited:

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I liked the black hair UI explanation but idk. This comic is always a bit thin.

Edit: I don't think it regressed UI. It explained the heat issue in easier to understand terms.

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
I think that's actually a point in favor of it not being manga-only. Heroes specially has already added manga-only content before (and even adapted FighterZ's story mode too) and with no anime on air you'd think it'd be jumping at new manga content, but it's just completely ignored, which makes more sense if they know it'll be getting animated later and are waiting for that.

Doubt. Heroes takes almost nothing from the manga, not even something simple like Super Saiyan Black.

The only real manga stuff they added was the moves from the Gods of Destruction since they literally had no other reference pool and Vegeta's gamma move.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Doubt. Heroes takes almost nothing from the manga, not even something simple like Super Saiyan Black.

The only real manga stuff they added was the moves from the Gods of Destruction since they literally had no other reference pool and Vegeta's gamma move.

There's also a card for Goku using Hakai.

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
There's also a card for Goku using Hakai.

Forgot that, but that came out years after the fact.

The point is that Heroes only take techniques from the manga. So far, no manga exclusive characters, forms, or even techniques outside of Goku and Vegeta if there is no reference pool for a character.

Oct 25, 2017
Like I know I don't like reading the Super manga, so I don't

I disliked the retellings from the beginning of Super so I didn't watch that

why bother

Last edited:

brinstar

User requested ban
Oct 25, 2017
It's not torture for me! Even though the arc has kind of gone into a more boring direction for me right now I still really liked the setup and I've been looking forward to reading it each month, certainly more than the last few arcs. I'm also really interested in seeing what Vegeta brings to the table.

Kagari

潜在能力解放
Oct 24, 2017
It's Gohan Day in Japan now, so here's my contribution to it this year:

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
The one that ended the buu saga in the top 5 strongest z warriors 👀

Goten and Trunks being stronger than the Androids and Piccolo never made any sense and I'm happy it has been thrown in the trash where it belongs.

Now if only we could get the humans confirmed to be stronger than them too...

Oct 25, 2017
165f1982dfe07c90ea6618061d4b555e2838e6f8v2_hq.jpg

brinstar

User requested ban
Oct 25, 2017
Goten and Trunks being stronger than the Androids and Piccolo never made any sense and I'm happy it has been thrown in the trash where it belongs.

Now if only we could get the humans confirmed to be stronger than them too...
Being freakishly strong for their age is like the only thing Goten and Trunks even have as characters. Take that away from them and they'll just fade from existence

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
Goku
actually jobbing for once? Holy shit!

twitter.com

Dragon Ball Hype. on Twitter

“Dragon Ball Super Chapter 60. Moro kicks Goku’s ass, Vegeta learns Instant Transmission. More Spoilers Later. #SuperCh60”

And Vegeta learns IT!

Last edited:

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
More:

twitter.com

“Dragon Ball Super Chapter 60 Spoilers. 17 & 18 vs Moro. Vegeta arrives on Earth and is ready to fight Moro. Full Chapter Summary will be up in a few hours! #SuperCh60”

twitter.com

“DBS Chapter 60 Last set of spoilers. Some Panels of Moro vs UI Goku! Also Muscular UI Goku. Full Chapter Summary will be out in 2 hours! #SuperCh60”

Vegeta shows up at the end (guessing by IT) and UI seems like it's turning into just your run of the mill transformation now. Just constantly powering up via anger. No more calmness or auto dodge. Moro stomps him anyway.

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
More:

twitter.com

“Dragon Ball Super Chapter 60 Spoilers. 17 & 18 vs Moro. Vegeta arrives on Earth and is ready to fight Moro. Full Chapter Summary will be up in a few hours! #SuperCh60”

twitter.com

“DBS Chapter 60 Last set of spoilers. Some Panels of Moro vs UI Goku! Also Muscular UI Goku. Full Chapter Summary will be out in 2 hours! #SuperCh60”

Vegeta shows up at the end (guessing by IT) and UI seems like it's turning into just your run of the mill transformation now. Just constantly powering up via anger. No more calmness or auto dodge. Moro stomps him anyway.
Could also just be that they're revisiting the 'Goku hasn't mastered it' angle and this shows why not. Still too emotional, too angry, too much thinking. Not the most interesting after Tournament of Power if that's the case.