• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
It's pretty impressive but it's just the first couple episodes. Even Super had some nice talent on the first couple episodes before it fell apart.

Though recent One Piece and Kitaro were more promising

Super still had nice talent. The problem was that the schedule kept them from doing their best and several early episodes actually had breakdown like the infamous Episode 5.

Jinroh

Oct 28, 2017
Lausanne, Switzerland
Zamasu's arc was a good idea, but the animation was still very average overall, the plot inconsistent and they lost me as soon as Goku and Vegeta had to come back and forth multiple times when they got their asses kicked. It got old very quickly.

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
Zamasu's arc was a good idea, but the animation was still very average overall, the plot inconsistent and they lost me as soon as Goku and Vegeta had to come back and forth multiple times when they got their asses kicked. It got old very quickly.

They only went back and forward twice.

And not seeing the plot inconsistencies outside people not being able to follow a time loop.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017

Shida absolutely went off

If 2per gets anywhere near this kind of treatment, we are in for something special.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
wtf are you talking about

FabulousExemplaryChicken-size_restricted.gif

OP
OP
ArchedThunder

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
The ironic thing about this discussion is that there is a gap of 3-4 years between each Digimon show.

Last edited:

Kagari

潜在能力解放
Oct 24, 2017
New manga chapter really was a waste of time like the leaker said it was.

brinstar

User requested ban
Oct 25, 2017
I liked this one more than the last few chapters. That said man I really liked Moro more when he was this hunched over old wizard, I wish they just kept him like that.

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
Goku will lose and Vegeta will swoop in and save the day with his new technique that will probably somehow be analogous to a Super Saiyan form so they can make toys of it

Manga forms gets almost no toys. In fact, they get none. Like took until the Broly movie to get Super Saiyan God Vegeta toys despite it being in the manga for years.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I'd guess it will be just a generic power up due to improved "spirit control" and a technique that specifically nullifies Moro's ki absorption. 73 is still around and he also has a Moro mode, which probably will play into it somehow.

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
I find it hilarious how much of a huge nothing that all was. Built up over a few chapters only for a bunch of mooks who didn't really amount to anything.

But we got diet Hit, Zarbon, and Yamcha did something.

I don't say this lightly, but 73's design was straight up lazy on Toyo and his editors shouldn't have let him get away with it. At least the Botamo clone was a panda bear instead of Winnie the Pooh.

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
Me, on my knees, pleading: "Please Dragon Ball, you can't keep using stamina as the end goal for every new thing"
Dragonball, pointing: "Stamina"

Kagari

潜在能力解放
Oct 24, 2017
But we got diet Hit, Zarbon, and Yamcha did something.

I don't say this lightly, but 73's design was straight up lazy on Toyo and his editors shouldn't have let him get away with it. At least the Botamo clone was a panda bear instead of Winnie the Pooh.
I feel like his editor just approves whatever. They can't even be bothered to correct major issues such as Goku's characterization.

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
I haven't given a review on the manga chapter in months, but I feel the need to comment on this one.

First, for those who are saying the anime will adapt this arc, there is a big issue here. Omen in the manga doesn't work like the anime version. Whis and Merus call Omen the gateway to the true UI that drain stamina, which makes little since since the completed form also drained Goku's stamina but whatever. In the anime, Omen is never called or treated as a 'gateway'. It is outright called incomplete because Goku is thinking while attacking so his attack power sucks. I don't see why Toyo adapted Omen from the anime, but decided to make his own explanation for it that turned it from an incomplete form to some half-step. That and completed UI not having the same energy drained issues as Omen is the opposite of the anime where Goku exploded upon completed UI in the minute that he had it, while he was able to keep Omen for at least another minute and was just tired afterwards. Also, outside of the air punches, Goku didn't even fight differently. It was literally the same paneling and speed lines that Toyo has been abusing for years. I mean, Goku got hit by an attack that he could have easily dodged. I mean, people mocked Episode 130 for tuning down UI Goku's dodges, but he still fought noticeably different, especially when he rode ki blasts.

Two, why is Jaco the only one giving good commentary? Serious, Gohan and Piccolo sound so dumb in this chapter. Also, side note, seems UI in the manga uses god ki since Piccolo couldn't sense it.

Three, Beerus knows that Moro is eating his universe and still sits on his ass doing nothing even after the events of the TOP. Can we please kill Manga Beerus.

Finally, Goku saying that conserving stamina isn't his thing. Excuse me. This coming form the same person who invented Mastered Super Saiyan because he wanted to save energy? The same person who also mocked Golden Frieza for his poor stamina in Resurrection 'F'? I guess I shouldn't expect less from 'meh, need more power' Manga Super Goku.

Last edited:

Listai

50¢ - "This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
The further this arc gets in the more I doubt there will be an anime adaptation.

So far Toyo has tried really high to raise the stakes without changing the status quo - the only telling thing will be what Vegeta achieved in his training, if it's just better ki focus or whatever I think we have our answer.

Kagari

潜在能力解放
Oct 24, 2017
The further this arc gets in the more I doubt there will be an anime adaptation.

So far Toyo has tried really high to raise the stakes without changing the status quo - the only telling thing will be what Vegeta achieved in his training, if it's just better ki focus or whatever I think we have our answer.
I predict people are going to be massively disappointed.

Tabaxi

Nov 18, 2018
"It's OK Dad, we left the Dragon Balls with Dende, so don't worry about destroying the Earth."

Like, I get that they wish people back all the time, but Gohan shouldn't be so cavalier about billions of people suffering just because they have the option of bringing them back.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
"It's OK Dad, we left the Dragon Balls with Dende, so don't worry about destroying the Earth."

Like, I get that they wish people back all the time, but Gohan shouldn't be so cavalier about billions of people suffering just because they have the option of bringing them back.

That ship has long since sailed

brinstar

User requested ban
Oct 25, 2017

If DB anime ever comes back they could end up skipping it and just referencing the events I guess. I think this arc could be potentially pretty fun if it was expanded on, even if it has kind of just descended into the same ol' same ol'