• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017

giphy.gif

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
The new super volume had extra pages showing Freeza during the Moro arc. Translation from Kanzenshuu:

"In space, Freeza is interrupted by two of his underlings; escaped prisoners from the Galactic Patrol Prison are running amok on the planet they were set to investigate. Freeza says he has heard there was a rather troublesome prisoner jailed there, and that it may be best to avoid unnecessary conflict for now. They can put that planet off for later; after all, nothing good can come of getting involved with criminals. Kikono wonders if they aren't themselves actually… Freeza cuts Kikono off as Beriblu explains that they are not criminals whatsoever: they simply take part in depopulating planets to sell them at high value to poor alien races in need of a home. It is just business. Freeza tells Beriblu she is exactly right, and asks Kikono if he has any problem with that. Kikono hastily insists that he does not, as Freeza repeats the order to search for other planets. The universe is vast, after all."

I like the bit where Freeza doesn't want to be called a criminal.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
We weren't getting new Super even before the pandemic. Now with that in play we're legit not getting anything for like at least 2-3 years. lol

I wouldn't be surprised if it's a ten year gap from original Super premiere to the new one.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I doubt the pandemic really has changed anything right now as far as Toei Animation goes. Toei still hasn't cancelled or delayed any of their announced productions.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
Tomorrow is the start of a new cour, and as far as I know Digimon is still airing its first episode (in Super's old timeslot) and subsequent episodes will air weekly like normal. No idea how but it seems to be business as usual for anime production.

in an alternate universe, 2per would be starting tomorrow :(

Last edited:

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
In tangentally DB related news, here's what was keeping Yuya Takahashi busy over the last year:

:D

Oct 25, 2017
I probably would binge watch One Piece right now from the first episode. Since I'm stuck at home all day thanks to the virus. It sucks Netflix has the time to make a live action version, yet didn't bother to get the OG on for streaming.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
I probably would binge watch One Piece right now from the first episode. Since I'm stuck at home all day thanks to the virus. It sucks Netflix has the time to make a live action version, yet didn't bother to get the OG on for streaming.

now is the perfect time to binge one piece. go for it!

everything is on crunchyroll for free I believe?

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

I told y'all to do that 2 years ago when DBS ended, for shame

You should do it now tho

It's not up there? I thought I seen somebody say it had the first like 200 episodes I think

It seems to be an early tweet or something, so not just yet. If you're talking about Imperial, he was doing a prank making people think it came out already lol

In tangentally DB related news, here's what was keeping Yuya Takahashi busy over the last year:

:D

Good use of their time

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I miss the weekly night streams (night in my case) with ten thousands of people on hermes stream :(

Oct 25, 2017
I told y'all to do that 2 years ago when DBS ended, for shame

You should do it now tho
Listen here you. I almost did it once than I looked at that the 500 episode count again and thought to myself "do I really want to sit through filler hell again after watching every episode in Z?" It always manages to stop me every time. So you see it's really Toonami's fault for dropping it so early when I would have watched it there.
now is the perfect time to binge one piece. go for it!

everything is on crunchyroll for free I believe?
All of my PCs are dead at the moment, so I'll probably need to get that on my TV, so I can watch it on a decent screen.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Listen here you. I almost did it once than I looked at that the 500 episode count again and thought to myself "do I really want to sit through filler hell again after watching every episode in Z?" It always manages to stop me every time. So you see it's really Toonami's fault for dropping it so early when I would have watched it there.

Well it'll be on Netflix eventually apparently, so catch it there. Or better yet, read it :D

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
The new super volume had extra pages showing Freeza during the Moro arc. Translation from Kanzenshuu:

I like the bit where Freeza doesn't want to be called a criminal.
Didn't they do some bullshit with the universe only having like 30 planets? Are they forgetting that thing existed because it's stupid or am I misremembering something?

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Didn't they do some bullshit with the universe only having like 30 planets? Are they forgetting that thing existed because it's stupid or am I misremembering something?

28 planets with "ningen"("humans", but in Dragonball, it generally seems to reference human-like inteligent aliens like the Saiyans and Namekians, not just actual humans), not 28 planets overall. Although I'm pretty sure everyone aside from Toriyama is ignoring that. The anime introduced new random aliens in the lead up to the ToP, and the manga in this arc has shown a huge variety of aliens when you count the Galactic Patrol troops and several of the random planets.

Last edited:

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
oh my fucking god

Masako Nozawa is the narrator for the new Digimon anime

NOT LIKE SHE HAS ANYTHING ELSE TO DO I GUESS

Joule

Nov 19, 2017
Huge fan of the series. Finally got around to watching (was waiting for dub to finish). Episode 119 right now, overall this is terrible with the current arc being its best and Zamasu arc right behind it. Both are worse than any DB or DBZ arc.

the current ED is incredible though

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
28 planets with "ningen"("humans", but in Dragonball, it generally seems to reference human-like inteligent aliens like the Saiyans and Namekians, not just actual humans), not 28 planets overall. Although I'm pretty sure everyone aside from Toriyama is ignoring that. The anime introduced new random aliens in the lead up to the ToP, and the manga in this arc has shown a huge variety of aliens when you count the Galactic Patrol troops and several of the random planets.
To be fair when you consider all the sentient species living on earth, it'd not be too surprising for many worlds to be the same.

Last edited:

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
To be faid when you consider all the sentient species living on earth, it'd not be too sruprising for many worlds to be the same.

That is the way I see it. People get too hung up on 'species', while ignoring that Earth has several different species living on it even if we ignore the aliens. So it isn't unthinkable that there are some worlds with several different species on it instead of them all being like Namek and Planet Vegeta. Also, the way Shin counted was a little weird since he counted Namek as one of the lost planets despite New Namek existing. So it's hard to say if he's only counting planets by origins and not counting planets that was taking over by aliens. Like if Earthlings moved to Mars, does that count as part of the 28 planets with intellect life, or not because their original planet was Earth.

That and in the anime, Beerus personally killed off one planet with intellectual life.

Skeeter49

I wish Jim Ryan would eat me
Oct 25, 2017
They're just waiting for the right time to reveal the U6 spinoff with Caulifla as the main character. .

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
It's pretty impressive but it's just the first couple episodes. Even Super had some nice talent on the first couple episodes before it fell apart.

Though recent One Piece and Kitaro were more promising