• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
OP
OP
ArchedThunder

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Damn wtf? Why they putting it on the back burner after the burst in popularity again? Not even a movie hint?
Nothing at all, not even an update on what Toriyama teased last year.
It really is baffling, DB is the biggest its ever been right now, it's Toei and Bandai's #1 money maker by a pretty large amount and the cast is all getting really old and yet they are just going to let it waste away.

louisacommie

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
4 more years of cryptic geekdom posting

I think it's safe to say super as An anime brand will never come back

Super will be used for movies

But the next dragon ball anime in 2024 or later will be a new subtitle

Eh at this piont I'm used to the hiatus agian

Not like I had any new dragon ball anime for the 1st 15 years of my life

Will the manga keep running until they kill the super branding for something new?

Since the manga skips over movies minus battle of gods at the beginning it becomes more piontless as a promotional tool

And I don't believe there is say much merch for manga original stuff if at all

If at some piont a new anime gets announced at a diffrent time slot in the next couple years

Then cool

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
I liked the chapter and think the whole thing about Vegeta's body and spirit not previously being balanced makes a whole lot of sense. Dude has a one track mind when it comes to getting stronger.

No DBS in 2020, please enjoy Dragon Quest instead.

Y'all ready for 3 years of Dragon Quest?

:|

On Vegeta, in Super Vegeta has been moving away from that one track mind and none of that explains why Whis never told him his Ki control is wacked and needs to fixed. I mean, he told Vegeta to rest more and stop being so tense, yet couldn't bother to add Ki control to the list.

And even more, Mastered Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan in the manga is all about controlling you Ki to keep your aura in your body. So even in the Super manga, this makes little sense. Vegeta's Ki control shouldn't be so bad that his power jumps several levels just by controlling it.

OP
OP
ArchedThunder

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
On Vegeta, in Super Vegeta has been moving away from that one track mind and none of that explains why Whis never told him his Ki control is wacked and needs to fixed. I mean, he told Vegeta to rest more and stop being so tense, yet couldn't bother to add Ki control to the list.

And even more, Mastered Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan in the manga is all about controlling you Ki to keep your aura in your body. So even in the Super manga, this makes little sense. Vegeta's Ki control shouldn't be so bad that his power jumps several levels just by controlling it.
It's not Ki control, it's keeping his body and spirit balanced. Vegeta never stopped focusing specifically on his physical development.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
me putting together the jump festa 2019 recap video

OrderlySoggyInexpectatumpleco-size_restricted.gif

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
It's not Ki control, it's keeping his body and spirit balanced. Vegeta never stopped focusing specifically on his physical development.

Except he did when he learned to control his Ki so well that he switched between god and Blue with no issue over just making Blue stronger.

And that still doesn't explain why Whis never told him.

Zalman

Oct 25, 2017
I still find it odd they decided to end the series when it felt like it had yet to peak in popularity. It was getting bigger and bigger.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Toei: "Hey, we're making a series with Toriyama designed characters and it has the word "Dragon" in the title. That's what people have been waiting for, right?"

I am looking forward to the new DQ series though.

Zan

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So hey guys, haven't been in the community for a while, the manga's getting good with Moro and-

*looks at news*

...welp.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
F came out only 2 years after BoG.
You have to take into consideration that Broly released in December of 2018, while the others came out early in their respective years. F was first teased 16 months after BoG and officially revealed 20 months after, while Broly was first teased 32 months after F and officially revealed 36 months after. We're 12 months removed from Broly's release.

OP
OP
ArchedThunder

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
You have to take into consideration that Broly released in December of 2018, while the others came out early in their respective years. F was first teased 16 months after BoG and officially revealed 20 months after, while Broly was first teased 32 months after F and officially revealed 36 months after. We're 12 months removed from Broly's release.
DBS Broly was announced way earlier than F was, it was announced a full year before it came out, which is a pattern they followed with Stampede after and it worked really well for both movies. Also bringing up the time between F and Broly isn't really relevant when they had a show with a troubled production in between them. I fully expect the next movie to be announced a year before it releases.

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I don't mind a new Dai anime, but still sad about no new Dragon Ball. Also another chapter I've liked. Some cool things here.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Nothing at all, not even an update on what Toriyama teased last year.
It really is baffling, DB is the biggest its ever been right now, it's Toei and Bandai's #1 money maker by a pretty large amount and the cast is all getting really old and yet they are just going to let it waste away.

Morbid speculation...
Maybe they actually want to wait until Nozawa dies or retires in order to cast cheaper replacement voice actors for the entire cast?

OP
OP
ArchedThunder

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Morbid speculation...
Maybe they actually want to wait until Nozawa dies or retires in order to cast cheaper replacement voice actors for the entire cast?
I doubt it, they respect her and the cast too much to do that. It's not really like they need to go cheaper on VAs anyways.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
How does Dragon Ball literally print fucking money and they don't plan on keeping it going.

Well, putting aside that random speculation I posted above, I kind of feared this when I saw the merchandising numbers holding up (and even growing) with no show on air. It's not like they're missing some opportunity cost.

Valdfellgar

Oct 25, 2017
Massachusetts
Well, putting aside that random speculation I posted above, I kind of feared this when I saw the merchandising numbers holding up (and even growing) with no show on air. It's not like they're missing some opportunity cost.

Yeah that was my fear too. If sales are great right now, and they view the show only as a way to boost interest when they start to flag, we might have to wait until Dragon Ball sales dip before we finally get a continuation.

SlumberingGiant

alt account
Banned
Jul 2, 2019
That is such a shame, they abruptly ended super at the peak of its popularity and quality and have no plans to bring it back, so weird

falcondoc

Oct 29, 2017
Why are we assuming four years? Just cause of the DQ show? How does one exclude the other and for such a long time?

Anyhow, its strange for sure. DB was at an all time worldwide popularity at the end of the TOP. Seems baffling from a business decision. To me it has to be that Toriyama doesn't want another series right now

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
AFAIK the staff that worked on Super are doing the DQ show, so they're kinda pre-occupied for a long time and production of a new Super anime would be at a standstill.

Why are we assuming four years? Just cause of the DQ show? How does one exclude the other and for such a long time?

Anyhow, its strange for sure. DB was at an all time worldwide popularity at the end of the TOP. Seems baffling from a business decision. To me it has to be that Toriyama doesn't want another series right now

We don't actually know the staff officially, people are just speculating from the style of the teaser, I think. Either way, another issue is that Toei also just announced a new World Trigger anime. So, even with Kitaro ending soon, it seems unlikely we'll get a third anime series announced.

That said, World Trigger is airing on a completely different tv channel and Dragon Quest will start by fall 2020(although I don't think the channel is confirmed yet), so either Kitaro is lasting longer than expected or we still haven't gotten an announcement regarding what's replacing it.

NuclearCake

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Maybe the staff realized that the Super anime was not a quality product and wanted to take their time with the next series to ensure that it's worthy of the Dragon Ball name and legacy. That or maybe they even decided to put DB to rest, because it really doesn't need to continue. it ended in 1995 and told a complete story.
If only this really happened.

SlumberingGiant

alt account
Banned
Jul 2, 2019
Maybe the staff realized that the Super anime was not a quality product and wanted to take their time with the next series to ensure that it's worthy of the Dragon Ball name and legacy. That or maybe they even decided to put DB to rest, because it really doesn't need to continue. it ended in 1995 and told a complete story.
If only this really happened.
nah super was great and was worthy.