• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
ArchedThunder

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017

brinstar

User requested ban
Oct 25, 2017
I just realized, so the manga says that someone killed by a demon can't be brought back to life without the Super Dragon Balls, but in Z Kibito is killed by Dabura and brought back with the Dragon Balls. If they intend to go anywhere with that whole bit about being killed by a demon they're going to have to say Dabura isn't actually a demon.
I guess they can just say that rule only applies to mortals or something. (is Kibito considered mortal?)

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
I'm getting to the point where i want to see Dragon Ball Super wrapped up. Maybe just two more adventures (preferably movies) and little post-Z content.

The quality just isn't good. And i want it to end before I'm burnt out like I got in 2010.

I want to see Toriyama end it on a high note and on his terms while he and masako nozawa are still alive.

sike

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
So Super 2.0 can be announced this week right?

OP
OP
ArchedThunder

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Any time from Thursday to May 9th. I expect May 9th to be the last possible date because that's the day Bandai releases their financial results for the fiscal year that ended March 31st and will be giving their forecasts for this fiscal year. Both Bandai and Toei (who releases theirs on the 14th) will likely want to tell investors that Super's return will result in an increase in revenue for the IP.
I'm really hoping we get the announcement this week.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
Any time from Thursday to May 9th. I expect May 9th to be the last possible date because that's the day Bandai releases their financial results for the fiscal year that ended March 31st and will be giving their forecasts for this fiscal year. Both Bandai and Toei (who releases theirs on the 14th) will likely want to tell investors that Super's return will result in an increase in revenue for the IP.
I'm really hoping we get the announcement this week.
so the animators you've talked to don't know when toei is going to go forward with the announcement?

Tux_

Banned
Nov 5, 2017
In anticipation for more dragonball, I just got caught up on the Manga. Read from chapter 39-47 in one 4 Hour sitting.

Fun ride, Moro is kind of refreshing, Piccolo needs a bigger presence in this arc.

Y'all think the return of the show will retell this Moro arc in the anime or be something new?

OP
OP
ArchedThunder

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
so the animators you've talked to don't know when toei is going to go forward with the announcement?
I'm not the one who talks to animators, I just have the info passed my way. Anyways, no, it's not something they would know. But we do know, as was leaked previously, that Toei told licensees to expect the announcement this month back at the event they held on the first. Plans can change so it could have potentially been pushed to early May, but hopefully that's not the case.

In anticipation for more dragonball, I just got caught up on the Manga. Read from chapter 39-47 in one 4 Hour sitting.

Fun ride, Moro is kind of refreshing, Piccolo needs a bigger presence in this arc.

Y'all think the return of the show will retell this Moro arc in the anime or be something new?
Hard to say, but if they start with Moro then it won't be a direct adaptation of the manga due to production timelines. It'd have to be Toei's own take on it based on an outline that would have had to have been provided to them last year.

Amnesty

Nov 7, 2017
I'm getting to the point where i want to see Dragon Ball Super wrapped up. Maybe just two more adventures (preferably movies) and little post-Z content.

The quality just isn't good. And i want it to end before I'm burnt out like I got in 2010.

I want to see Toriyama end it on a high note and on his terms while he and masako nozawa are still alive.
I think Super is some of the best DB has ever been. It wouldn't make sense at all for them to stop now when it's doing really well, both financially and in terms of how the writers have really been finding their groove.

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
i wouldn't mind a 5 or 6 episode retelling of Broly tbh

RocknRola

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Then again, it kinda depends on Broly's role in the series. Will he be someone who will feature heavily in the new series? Then perhaps showing his new origin story makes a lot of sense. If he's someone that'll just show up in a much later arc or something, then some flashes (perhaps even taken directly from the film) should be enough to give everyone a quick look at who he is.

RocknRola

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
I think they can assume people saw the movie
I'd wager like, 90% or more of the Super fans watched it one way or the other. Going by it's success WW and how crazy people went when it hit the..."less than legal" means >.>

Still not a terrible idea to show some sort of backstory IF he becomes a big presence in the show. Otherwise I'd rather they skip it.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
they can just recap the events of the movie at the beginning like they did with Buu Kai and Super

Oct 25, 2017
There's really no reason to recap the Broly movie. All you need to know is that Goku and Vegeta fought him and are on good terms with him after the film.

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
so how was the original super announcement done? just dropped out of nowhere?

OP
OP
ArchedThunder

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
so how was the original super announcement done? just dropped out of nowhere?
Nozawa announced it at a screening of F a bit over a week after F hit Japanese theaters and then a press release came shortly after. This time will probably just be a press release with a key visual and or a tiny teaser video.
There was no build up to the announcement for Super 1, nobody expected an announcement from that screening of F.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
I'm personally expecting a Broly recap of some sort. He's going to be too important of a character going forward and they're going to want to fill everyone in on the events of the movie (even though it was basically just an exhibition fight all things considered)

Either way I'm just ready to get this party started.

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
BoG anime actually did a few things better than the movie. Also had bad stuff and was worse than the movie, Overall, it could argued as unncessary, or barely satisfactory.
The RoF retelling was possibly the worst Dragon Ball Arc period. Nah, it is the worst.

now Broly.
The issue with Broly is that it's maybe the best DB movie. So a retelling may not improve on anything and we'll be left with a ROF type arc.
If that's the case I'd rather not.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Huh, I popped out of this OT because of the lack of anything new or concrete, and it looks like I came back just on the cusp of a potential announcement. I'm not losing sleep over the lack of anything new, but man do I need the new series already. The promise of Broly's art direction scaled down to TV for god knows how many more years is just too good to be true to even think about.

OP
OP
ArchedThunder

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
if there's going to be a release we won't get it until mid morning in japan at the earliest right?
Probably sometime from 8AM to 5PM.
You all are setting yourselves up for disappointment.
So am I.
Hey, I'm not saying it will be announced today, just that today is a decent bet.
Either way we are pretty much guaranteed to get the announcement at some point in the next 14 days. 19 days at the absolute worst, as there is no way they don't announce before Toei gives their forecasts for the fiscal year.

Last edited:

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I just realized, so the manga says that someone killed by a demon can't be brought back to life without the Super Dragon Balls, but in Z Kibito is killed by Dabura and brought back with the Dragon Balls. If they intend to go anywhere with that whole bit about being killed by a demon they're going to have to say Dabura isn't actually a demon.

The word used there was actually "mamono", which is different from how Dabura and the demon realm characters from Heroes are described. "Demon" is a possible translation but it was a bad choice there since it causes that confusion.

Last edited:

Jager

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
UK
BaBa2G8.gif

OP
OP
ArchedThunder

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
i mean you never promised it would be on the 26th, you just said you thought that was a very likely date
Yep, was just a date that made a lot of sense.
I guess some of you guys might have been right and they might have wanted to get a bit of space from Avengers before announcing.
They might drop the announcement on a random weekday, but if they don't go for random then Goku day is probably the last day worth betting on. It's an officially recognized day in Japan, it's about 2 weeks after Avengers hit theaters and potentially most importantly it's the same day Bandai releases their financial results for the last fiscal year and their forecasts for this fiscal year. Super 2 is no doubt going to have an impact on their forecasts, so it would make sense to announce it before Bandai releases theirs. As I also said before May 14th is probably the absolute latest they can announce since that's the day Toei is releasing their financial results and them projecting DB bringing in more money than last year without announcing the show would look even more suspect than Bandai doing so.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Yep, was just a date that made a lot of sense.
I guess some of you guys might have been right and they might have wanted to get a bit of space from Avengers before announcing.
They might drop the announcement on a random weekday, but if they don't go for random then Goku day is probably the last day worth betting on. It's an officially recognized day in Japan, it's about 2 weeks after Avengers hit theaters and potentially most importantly it's the same day Bandai releases their financial results for the last fiscal year and their forecasts for this fiscal year. Super 2 is no doubt going to have an impact on their forecasts, so it would make sense to announce it before Bandai releases theirs. As I also said before May 14th is probably the absolute latest they can announce since that's the day Toei is releasing their financial results and them projecting DB bringing in more money than last year without announcing the show would look even more suspect than Bandai doing so.
You and the people that you get your stuff from are batting a .000 on this

OP
OP
ArchedThunder

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
You and the people that you get your stuff from are batting a .000 on this
If you read what's been said nobody has said that any sources have given an announcement date, it's all speculation based on when the show is going to air.
The closest is Toei saying back on the first that the announcement was planned for this month, but even if the announcement is made in May that doesn't really change anything since they didn't even have an actual date to give licensees back then.

Geldboom

Oct 28, 2017
Speculation on when the date is going to be announced has been wrong. But that has never been leaked.

Also:
IMG_20190426_102719.jpg

I really wanna see this artwork in better quality.