• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
tumblr_ou94muaBud1uuj1vto7_r1_540.gif

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
After rewatching 131, mainly for Latin America reactions to it, I've come to the conclusion that Ultimate Battle was designed for the final episode, and then shoehorned into the older ones. It just matches so absolutely well with the tension of the final showdown.

Fun fact: 17's blue ki blasts that hit Jiren are synched up with the music

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
in retrospect dyspo kind of comes off as a fool for not using his lightspeed thing against hit

if goku could break through hit's timeskip with speed in kaioken, dyspo should have been able to as well

it would have been cool to see that fight be a two parter, and ending with hit eliminating dyspo

Last edited:

Demon Eyes

Oct 29, 2017
in retrospect dyspo kind of comes of as a fool for not using his lightspeed thing against hit

if goku could break through hit's timeskip with speed in kaioken, dyspo should have been able to as well

it would have been cool to see that fight be a two parter, and ending with hit eliminating dyspo
It's DB. Once a saga ends, you just see how much dumber every character was.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Cabba shed a tear thinking about how Vegeta kept his promise to revive them. I didn't notice that on first viewing.

brinstar

User requested ban
Oct 25, 2017
in retrospect dyspo kind of comes off as a fool for not using his lightspeed thing against hit

It probably wears him out so he was saving it. He did say he was gonna get his revenge on Hit but Jiren took care of him.

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
Dyspo's strategy against Hit was pretty much an all or nothing gambit, like i'm pretty sure even his light speed mode wasn't as fast as when he was countering the time skip

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
Jiren is stronger than goku because goku can't use ui at will

Dyspo's strategy against Hit was pretty much an all or nothing gambit, like i'm pretty sure even his light speed mode wasn't as fast as when he was countering the time skip
That doesn't make any sense though

Especially if Goku was able to move in hits time skip

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
if Jiren wanted to he could just kill Goku before he went UI

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
Vegeta is stronger than Goku because of this too.

maybe

it's not entirely clear if blue evolution is stronger than kaioken x20, but it does seem to be

Goku was 'forcing himself into the future' to deal with Hit's timeskip, per King Kai in the episode where Goku's ki goes wacky.

they said this in the show? interesting

Kai is the superior product in every aspect....well the music isn't very good

it is once sumitomo comes on board :)

Demon Eyes

Oct 29, 2017
Hit's Time Skip and everything involving it wasn't properly displayed/explained in 38-40. His Time Skip was much better portrayed against Dyspo.

Deleted member 1041

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
so honest question

for a second let's ignore that broly isn't canon
And lets say for whatever reason he was never thrown into the sun, and he stuck around for the series
And he kept growing in power along with goku and vegeta, like, through clashes but they never killed broly

Could Broly, having grown throughout the years, beat Jiren, given Brolys original power level and Saiyan potential?

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
so honest question

And lets say for whatever reason he was never thrown into the sun, and he stuck around for the series
And he kept growing in power along with goku and vegeta, like, through clashes but they never killed broly

Could Broly, having grown throughout the years, beat Jiren, given Brolys original power level and Saiyan potential?
dunno if he'd win but i think he would stand a chance

Opa-Pa

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Judging by how he considered Kale threat worth taking care of himself, sure.

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
so honest question

He'd be above Berserk Kale level and she is able to match SSB so yeah, he'd stand a chance but I can't see him winniing

Last edited:

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I got used to most of the voice actors changes, but teen Gohan still annoys me everytime I hear it. Still, the worst miscast imo was Coleen as Kid Goku in Xenoverse. It looses the naive innocence the old voice had and replaces it with the tone of a whiny child.

sounds bad. though games usually have bad VA compared to the show but yea, bad.

I'll take Kai Gohan and Stephanie N as kid Goku for GT and Dragon Ball.

everyone wins.

edit:
Now that I'm watching more, she actually is going for schemmel's goku the way she talks. So i can't discount that. It kind of fits in that way
hmm.....

Last edited:

toastyToast

Oct 26, 2017
So I just watched the 127-131 and if there's a running theme for the tournament it's that Goku has infinite energy. The amount of times this dude got put to sleep but then gets up is staggering. Half of 128 is him crying like a bitch while Vegeta is getting his ass beaten after they both took the same attack. This is after Vegeta was already wiped from doing an attack that should have killed him. Vegeta then proceeds to get the dog shit beaten out of him while putting up 0 fight at all, gets punched in the face and gets eliminated, because you know, he has nothing left in the tank. Goku in 130 puts Jiren on his back a total of 3 times and then after that Jiren's like,"Guess you won, dawg." Then in 131 Jiren is so tired Frieza is putting a hurting on him. He was slapping Frieza unconscious without even looking in his direction before. Not to say I take issue with that but everyone who takes a beating comes across as tired/depleted except for Goku who comes back within half an episode of his body literally having a blue screen error and shutting down.

I'm curious how the manga deals with the tournament, either tone down Jiren or have Goku act a bit more tactically about his engagements. From we got with the anime, you'd think Goku had more stamina than an infinite stamina having android.

Carl2291

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I know it's probably been thrown around already, but I hope 17's wish also brought back the previously destroyed Universes.

RocknRola

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
I know it's probably been thrown around already, but I hope 17's wish also brought back the previously destroyed Universes.
Well, that's the thing, we don't know. The way 17 said it was general enough to make that happen, but we have no idea if the GP said it exactly like that OR if he changed it to be specific to the Universes in the ToP. Plus, the show doesn't show anyone besides the known Universes either.

So it could happen, in fact I feel it's the likely cause for the movie itself, but until they say/show/tell something about it, we just have no way of knowing.

Yeah, I got used to most of the voice actors changes, but teen Gohan still annoys me everytime I hear it. Still, the worst miscast imo was Coleen as Kid Goku in Xenoverse. It looses the naive innocence the old voice had and replaces it with the tone of a whiny child.

GT doesn't really deserve better though. Even the games know this :P

Kagari

潜在能力解放
Oct 24, 2017
So I just watched the 127-131 and if there's a running theme for the tournament it's that Goku has infinite energy. The amount of times this dude got put to sleep but then gets up is staggering. Half of 128 is him crying like a bitch while Vegeta is getting his ass beaten after they both took the same attack. This is after Vegeta was already wiped from doing an attack that should have killed him. Vegeta then proceeds to get the dog shit beaten out of him while putting up 0 fight at all, gets punched in the face and gets eliminated, because you know, he has nothing left in the tank. Goku in 130 puts Jiren on his back a total of 3 times and then after that Jiren's like,"Guess you won, dawg." Then in 131 Jiren is so tired Frieza is putting a hurting on him. He was slapping Frieza unconscious without even looking in his direction before. Not to say I take issue with that but everyone who takes a beating comes across as tired/depleted except for Goku who comes back within half an episode of his body literally having a blue screen error and shutting down.

I'm curious how the manga deals with the tournament, either tone down Jiren or have Goku act a bit more tactically about his engagements. From we got with the anime, you'd think Goku had more stamina than an infinite stamina having android.
I rolled my eyes when he got back up 10 seconds after UI took a huge toll on his body.

Massicot

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
United States
I was more annoyed with how quickly he worked his way back up to UI in the Kefla episodes more than in the last handful of episodes. Him going through each form methodically and reaching UI again minutes after round 1 with Jiren was probably the least engaging part of the tournament, to me. I feel like I would have rather he been able to defeat Kefla with some clever thinking (like using the grind Kamehameha to catch a stronger Kefla off-guard, or something) in Kaioken-Blue. NOT because I want Kelfa to have fought a 'weaker' opponent, but more that I think things would be tidier if Goku first activated UI accidentally and improperly with the Spirit Bomb, and then bounced back to the form a final time with no other option at the end against Jiren -- that time mastered. Him reaching the form three times, whenever the power was needed, was just messy.

Status
Not open for further replies.