• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Prof Bathtub

Apr 26, 2018
Imagine if Goku was still like this

image0.png
I think it's clear that Goku telling Krillin to spare Vegeta due to his saiyan drive for competition was when Toriyama firmly decided "Ok, this is how I'm going to write Goku now." Not that there wasn't shades of this before when he let Piccolo Jr. go.

Last edited:

Massicot

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
United States
I was a little bored last night so I started rewatching the first half of the ToP on a whim, and for some reason I'm enjoying it a bit more than I did when it originally aired. Pretty much enjoyed all of the episodes up until Gohan v Botamo, and of course the lame Tien episode, but then it picks right back up until the special. Also I forgot how much Dyspo jobbed early on.

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
Are the original Dragon Ball movies worth watching/fun? The ruby something and the like, i don't think i ever watched those

Normal

Oct 26, 2017
Watched the film it's great. It's the only Super film that I liked so far. Don't agree with Caveman Broly being better or on another level compared to Old Broly lol. People sure exaggerated that on here, they were pretty much the same. Old Broly has the cooler design with the royal look compared to Caveman Broly tho

Make Cooler canon next, but keep the Shredder design.

NuclearCake

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Watched the film it's great. It's the only Super film that I liked so far. Don't agree with Caveman Broly being better or on another level compared to Old Broly lol. People sure exaggerated that on here, they were pretty much the same. Old Broly has the cooler design with the royal look compared to Caveman Broly tho

There is only one Super film.

Voltt

Oct 25, 2017
EoZ is the hope for Goten and Trunks. With both main sets of Dragon Balls used up, the next arc of Super should be only 3 years from EoZ, given that Toriyama's been using them in every arc, right? Unless they're using the Namekian Dragon Balls, but the series hasn't really bothered with them, save for the retellings.

Hercule

Jun 20, 2018

Old Broly is basically everything Toriyama despises in a character. The new Broly is much more a Toriyama character and feels more like he belongs in the Dragon ball world.

nanskee

Prophet of Truth
Oct 31, 2017
Wasn't really a fan of the Broly movie, the first part was fine but afterward.. meh it's pretty much just visuals, I guess. To be a bit more clear, typically when a character enters

I'm probably of the few the prefers simpler fights, Goku vs Tien is still one of the better fights of the franchise for me.

Honestly, I'm just harsher on dragon ball nowadays, even though I shouldn't be.

Last edited:

Normal

Oct 26, 2017
Don't know how old Broly doesn't belong in the DB world when you have characters like Jiren lol

I thought the second half was better. Wasnt a fan of how the made Goku's father loving and caring. Dont remember him being like that at all in his film, felt like they completely changed his character. They made King Vegeta less ruthless, and Broly becoming friends with the two aliens felt rushed.
Once Broly landed on Earth is when the film became great for me. Loved that they referenced the old movie too.

nanskee

Prophet of Truth
Oct 31, 2017
I think the earth scenes were fun but
once Gogeta stepped in, and the manner in which Paragus died
I kind of checked out. At least know I understand the DBFZ dlc, cause at first I wasn't very thrilled about the characters announced except Videl, but I understand now.

Last edited:

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Don't know how old Broly doesn't belong in the DB world when you have characters like Jiren lol

I thought the second half was better. Wasnt a fan of how the made Goku's father loving and caring. Dont remember him being like that at all in his film, felt like they completely changed his character. They made King Vegeta less ruthless, and Broly becoming friends with the two aliens felt rushed.
Once Broly landed on Earth is when the film became great for me. Loved that they referenced the old movie too.

Jiren and Broly aren't even kinda alike.

Power levels are not character traits

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
The Super movie definitely needed to be longer; too many quick cuts in the beginning, and the way random blows exploded outfits to tatters instead of the meticulous beatdowns we're accustomed to was kind of weird, but it was enjoyable nonetheless.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
I happened upon some footage, nothing super spoilerly, but I'll use spoilers to discuss it just for caution.
That was definitely MUI Goku was trying to achieve and instead landed on Blue. People are insisting its just flashy color usage, but the way I see it, Oozaru Rage will be a steo to achieving it with the green aura and his pupils going extremely s all like that, with almost all white eyes. Oozaru Rage+God Ki for Super Saiyan Blue 2, and full Oozaru Saiyan God instead of Super Saiyan god afterwards, with MUI coming after he masters both. I can feel it going down like this.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
I removed the link. While I understand that its just a burst of power with different plays on the colors, I still think its MUI. Same silver highlights, same aura that dissipates, I just can't shake the feeling that it conveys the form very distinctly.

Corky

Alt account
Banned
Dec 5, 2018
Are the original Dragon Ball movies worth watching/fun? The ruby something and the like, i don't think i ever watched those
Yes, the first one is the worst but its a decent what if retelling, the second is an original story with great art, the third chiotzou is married to a doll and you don't wanna miss that.
And path to power has amazing animation.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Path to Power is great because it's a retelling of DB but with the GT artstyle. A great way to celebrate the 10th anniversary of the franchise at the time.

A mention (or appearance!) of Dr. Gero would have been the icing on the cake though, I have no idea why they didn't do it.

Oct 25, 2017
I removed the link. While I understand that its just a burst of power with different plays on the colors, I still think its MUI. Same silver highlights, same aura that dissipates, I just can't shake the feeling that it conveys the form very distinctly.
White is a very neutral color between red and blue.
It's the same exact reason Vegeta was green for a brief second.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
why would goku go ultra instinct when transforming into blue

it was a cute visual easter egg my dudes

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
considering Goku never transformed from one of his 'super' states to ultra instinct i always assumed it was a different path altogether

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017

There is only one Super film.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
Do you think that Goku is stronger than Vegeta simply because he actually trained in martial arts and Vegeta is more like a standard brawler?

Silky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Georgia
Broly has reignited my love for this franchise kind of like how Battle of Gods did, and I'm gonna be all in for DB: Super once its new season starts.

Broly's rework, like Beerus feels right at home with the established world and not out of place like everything else in Super. Broly's new friends (cannot recall their names) are also great and I hope they're along for the ride too.

Corky

Alt account
Banned
Dec 5, 2018
Broly has reignited my love for this franchise kind of like how Battle of Gods did, and I'm gonna be all in for DB: Super once its new season starts.

Broly's rework, like Beerus feels right at home with the established world and not out of place like everything else in Super. Broly's new friends (cannot recall their names) are also great and I hope they're along for the ride too.
This is such a baffling opinion to me. How does Champa, Jiren, Zeno and whoever else feel out of place? I don't understand you at all!

Status
Not open for further replies.