• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
What are you guys expecting to see out of this game at E3? It was listed as a current gen game, so I'd imagine it would be revealed/released sooner rather than later.

Personally, I'm hoping that they give a good showing on the gameplay and not just another CGI trailer with lots of talking. The thing that's hooked me on DBZ games has always been the gameplay.

Deleted member 4093

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully its there. Probably at MS conference since they debut FighterZ.

I really, really hope this isn't a One Piece World seeker formatted game.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
With this and Fighter Z, i'm just so impressed at how these games can nail the anime art style and present as if you were actually watching the show.

TreIII

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, MD
I'm just hoping we can get at least some clarification regarding a) the gameplay for this type of RPG, b) the sagas it covers and c) what's there to encourage replayability after enjoying what likely will be a 10-20 hour CG DBZ OVA.

If you at least allow for some interesting diverging scenarios, like in the classic Famicom/Super Famicom DBZ RPGs of the past, so much the better.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Didn't the trailer say that it was this year? I'd hope we see something soonish.

No Idea

Mar 18, 2019
CC2 is making this? The Naruto games were fun, if this is anything like those I'm in.

Mercenary09

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I hope so but I wouldn't be surprised if this got pushed to 2020 given the lack of information on it so far.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
Supposedly we're getting more info on it at E3. I saw a Twitter post stating that this week but can't find it atm.

What I expect is a full sized RPG that ends at the Cell Saga. Shit, if they just wanna stop it at the Frieza Saga then that's cool too. There's a lot they can pack in here.

Masterspeed

Oct 25, 2017
England
ogp.png

Is the perfect place for it.

TheMrPliskin

Oct 26, 2017
I'm guessing it will show up at Microsoft's conference what with them revealing FighterZ and Jump Force.

Superman2x7

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
I'm such a huge DBZ nerd, this is already a must buy for me. I just hope it's at least half as good as the Storm games and I'm in!!!

Now the question is what sagas will it cover and will it be open world or just a straight shot ARPG. Really hoping for a reimagined Legacy of Goku.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
DBZ game graphics are so bland at this point. I know they're adhering to an art style but damn.

It's only an issue because this looks like so many other DBZ games, so it's hard to expect anything special.

Arkeband

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
My expectations for this are so low. I can feel it in my bones. DBZ hit its RPG zenith back with Super Saiyan Densetsu.

TreIII

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, MD
Supposedly we're getting more info on it at E3. I saw a Twitter post stating that this week but can't find it atm.

What I expect is a full sized RPG that ends at the Cell Saga. Shit, if they just wanna stop it at the Frieza Saga then that's cool too. There's a lot they can pack in here.

I'd feel like having it end at least at Cell would give us the most bang for our buck, if this was supposed to be the possible "first" of what may be another series of games.

Depending on how much they need to fit in for the sake of filler, the option to salvage the first 8 DBZ movies are certainly an option to utilize to stretch things out.

Bit_Reactor

Banned
Apr 9, 2019
I still wanted Legacy Of Goku HD, but I'll see where this goes. At my age growing up with the series there's only so many more times I can play through the EXACT SAME sagas over and over and over and over and over again but I'm interested in seeing where it goes.

The reason I liked Legacy of Goku is because there was "filler" in the levels and the world of Dragonball is so cool and weird that it'd be fun to have an RPG like game with side quests/side stories/other characters to interact with. If they continue with the "relive the same saga, AGAIN" I don't know if I'll be buying it.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Not expecting anything that wows me or makes me interested, but I'm open to being surprised.

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
Yup, and the trailer will have the voice dub from the original voice actors. Mini hype moment
yea, it will probably be in english this time around. Though I don't think JP is completely out of the question
you just mean current animation VA though I assume.
not original as pre-kai dub. It's largely the same of course expect a few people.

Deleted member 40133

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 19, 2018
yea, it will probably be in english this time around. Though I don't think JP is completely out of the question
you just mean current animation VA though I assume.
not original as pre-kai dub. It's largely the same of course expect a few people.

Yeah i meant current, although the main voice actors are still the same even pre-kai

Alanood

Oct 27, 2017
Hmmm... I couldn't bear watching the anime. Maybe if it retells the story in a better way I'd give it a chance.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
I'd feel like having it end at least at Cell would give us the most bang for our buck, if this was supposed to be the possible "first" of what may be another series of games.

Depending on how much they need to fit in for the sake of filler, the option to salvage the first 8 DBZ movies are certainly an option to utilize to stretch things out.
Yeah I agree. Say the game starts before Raditz shows up. You'd have a lot of space from then to the Cell Saga to flesh out.

Nov 8, 2017
I'd love to hear more about this one. I love DBZ but really don't care for fighting games, which are just about all there is. Legacy of Goku was great fun, hoping Project Z turns out ok.

TreIII

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, MD
Yeah I agree. Say the game starts before Raditz shows up. You'd have a lot of space from then to the Cell Saga to flesh out.

There's a part of me that hopes we can maybe get the 23rd Budokai Tenkaichi, so that we can get some boss battles between Chi-Chi, Tenshinhan and Piccolo, Jr. to set up as the game's "tutorial" chapter.

It's also the only hope I have that we get any "pre-Gohan" Dragonball in the game, at all.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
There's a part of me that hopes we can maybe get the 23rd Budokai Tenkaichi, so that we can get some boss battles between Chi-Chi, Tenshinhan and Piccolo, Jr. to set up as the game's "tutorial" chapter.

It's also the only hope I have that we get any "pre-Gohan" Dragonball in the game, at all.
That would be great. They can make it work. Keeping my fingers crossed lol.

Gloam

Oct 29, 2017
It'll be at Microsoft's conference after a preamble about Phil's latest trip to Japan just like Jump Force and FighterZ. "We've got some games that I think will surprise you..." Cue Bandai Namco.