• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

RocknRola

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
PS4, XB1 & PC.
No Switch is fine, but Bamco can fuck right off if they try the late port thing again. It's getting old and "they didn't know the Switch would be successful" is not an excuse anymore. It's gonna be two years of amazing success come March
Kinda sucks that its not coming to the Switch (even worse if they're playing the later port card).

BackwardCap

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
This better be a DBZ simulator with great environmental physics interactions. I want to be able to fly around and casually blow up some islands.

Oct 25, 2017
Yo like.. are ppl not tired of playing thru the same story over and over by now? Is it just me cuz like goddamn come on

Revven

Oct 27, 2017
Yo like.. are ppl not tired of playing thru the same story over and over by now? Is it just me cuz like goddamn come on

They've had four games now (when you count Dragon Ball Fusions) with new stories. The last game to retell the Z storyline was Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi which was in... 2011. 8 years ago. And that game was really bad so many people skipped it; arguably you could say it's been more like 10 years since the Z storyline has been told in a video game from Saiyan to Buu.

No, the poster is assuming based on just this trailer. Dragon Ball marketing has never revealed all of the sagas/arcs being covered in a video game in their first trailer. I expect this game to go up to Cell, at least.

Oct 26, 2017
It looks really good.

Going through the entire Z story for the umpteenth time is a bit of a downer, but I'll wait for more gameplay.

irishonion

Oct 25, 2017
I'm down.

But at the same time, not even sure what kind of game I want, I want a open arpg dragon ball z game like this... But a more open story. Not being forced to go through the same arc everyone knows already.

Arthoneceron

Oct 27, 2017
Minas Gerais, Brazil
Honestly? It doesn't look good.

I'm pretty sure that if they want to make anything DB-related as an action-rpg, they should follow the GT pattern: A great travel on searching for an objective.

This seems more than the same. Worst: it feels like that GBA game, Legacy of Goku.

Byakura

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
CC2 developing has my interest piqued, but the trailer doesn't show enough for me to have much of an opinion one way or the other.

Zaverious

Oct 25, 2017
Visuals are ok. I need to see the gameplay to see if I should actually care about this since I'm already down on it being a Z "retelling".

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
Well, the visuals look great at least. Will be interesting to see what the gameplay is like.

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
A DBZ action-RPG excites me in concept but I mean...is the game just going to go through the show in exactness? I'm not really up to reliving the same exact fights I've watched dozens of times over again :-/

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
I wish CC2 could have created a Naruto game with custom characters. I'm sure this game will be good, but I'm so tired of playing the same sagas of DBZ.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
It's dbz....it could go up to vegeta and still do well lol
I mean, DBZ games started going with original stories because the retellings weren't doing it anymore sales-wise. Maybe they've stayed away from them long enough by now though, but there is a chance it could fail especially if there's no original content at all (like changing the characters who live and die like in the old SNES RPGs).

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly? It doesn't look good.

I'm pretty sure that if they want to make anything DB-related as an action-rpg, they should follow the GT pattern: A great travel on searching for an objective.

This seems more than the same. Worst: it feels like that GBA game, Legacy of Goku.
Whereas Legacy of Goku is pretty much what I want, as long as others besides Goku are playable. I want that filler shit in as well.

nanskee

Prophet of Truth
Oct 31, 2017
no gameplay and same old saga's can't interest me.

For some reason I'd rather play Legacy of Goku games or Dragon Ball Origins on DS instead

Kingpin Rogers

HILF
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Pretty sick trailer if you're a Dragon Ball fan. Has me really curious to see more gameplay now, I've got high hopes.

Zedelima

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Hmmm if the gameplay includes actual destruction, real time transformations and a improved xenoverse style...i will be there day 1

Strat

Apr 8, 2018
Every time a new DBZ thing gets announced I feel like I'm in a time warp. "Yo, remember NAMEK?" Yes, dawg. I do. You've been going back to that well for like 20 fucking years!

DBZ is like that one dude you knew in high school who you'd hang out with a few times and he'd have these wild ass stories about shit, then you'd start hanging out with him more and the longer you did the quicker you realized he'd just tell the same fucking stories every god damn time.

Oct 28, 2017
Well, it looks like FighterZ.

This is the action RPG game right?

Nah it looks like the ultimate ninja storm games. It's a cleaner smoother look. Cyber connect gonna make an epic game.

tumblr_okxqq6mHcq1tsvdwpo1_500.gif