• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

AshenOne

Feb 21, 2018
Pakistan
The new thing might it being totally Open world but idk how they could make it like that without it following the story order of events within DBZ.

Revven

Oct 27, 2017
I'm getting Dragon Ball Sagaa vibes with the sagas they're using. Only Saiyan and Frieza?

You know how it is with Dragon Ball game marketing by now... they don't reveal all of the sagas upfront. I'm sure this will go up to Cell, they are just trying to hold back to have something for E3 about the game (besides a more in-depth look at gameplay).

Hibiki

The Wise Ones
Oct 27, 2017
So the visuals were pretty cool, but that was kind of a useless trailer. Gotta show that gameplay!

Massicot

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Hard to get too excited with just shinier versions of the same cutscenes we've seen hundreds of times and a scope limited from Saiyan Saga -> Freeza Saga so far..

PhantomKnight

Oct 25, 2017
While CC2 has done a great job with Naruto games, the adventure mode were weakest point and very lacking. Still looking forward to this.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
I think I'm sick and tired of playing through the Saiyan Saga, Frieza Saga and Cell Saga again and again. Hopefully they include the Buu Saga and at least Battle of Gods and Resurrection F.

Or at least do a game about Super or OG Dragon Ball.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Hooray, going through the same DBZ story... Again... Again :(

Visually great, but that's to be expected from CC2. Just hoping it doesn't play like crap.

duckroll

Oct 25, 2017
Singapore
This is CC2 so the footage is probably pretty representative of the "gameplay" in the game. Run around, pretend you're in an anime, push buttons for awesome, watch canned animations and cutscenes over and over, mash a button, etc. Lmao.

Doctrine Dark

Nov 13, 2017
Hope all of the characters are usable in this game. I get the feeling it'll just be Goku and possibly Gohan.

Caiops

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I always wanted a Dragon Ball Action RPG game..

Looks really cool, CC2 is cool too(using that FFVII Remake experience, huh).

yap

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
They look to be starting with Piccolo Jr. saga first, so that's refreshing.

But man a RPG where we touch the same story beats of Saiyan and Frieza Sagas again? ok i guess

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I wish that this game also covered OG Dragon Ball as well as Super, but it has my curiosity so far.

henhowc

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
It's amusing how often they keep on recycling the story over and over again in various games and we keep eating it up.

I'm guilty of doing this all the way back to the famicom rpgs 😳

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Why do these anime adventure games always look so bad? And I'm not even talking about the graphics per se. The animations are bad, the art direction is terrible for the most part. That One Piece game also looks disgusting, and this is coming from someone who loves DBZ and One Piece. I get that they can't get the art to look the same as FighterZ for example, but this almost looks like a fanmade game in some shots.

I hope it's going to be good, but this trailer doesn't give me any confidence.

edit: This shot for example looks like one of those Unreal 4 tech demos.

GRVTDzN.jpg

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
if they can blend in tenkaiechi seamlessly to the open world with no boundaries then yeah I'm all in

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
motherfuckers were better off doing a World Seeker-esque game

or Dragon Ball

Neil98

May 2, 2018
Madrid, Spain
CYBERCONNECT!!! YESSSSS!!! KNEW IT AS SOON AS I SAW THE VISUALS! Now they only have to confirm this is a retelling of DBZ+OG Dragon Ball+Dragon Ball Super in the Storm way, with multiple playable characters (all of the characters from the series actually), and we've got the Dragon Ball game everyone has waited for!

yap

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It's been a minute tho. I was never into the multiverse stuff. A nice update of something familiar is nice.
But even in the multiverse stuff, we were still going "It's like in the series, but-" for much of it.

I dunno, I probably played too many DB games for this to bother me.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It's confirmed to be CC2?

They have great visuals, but have always failed in the combat department. And now I'd say that ArcSys has them beat in the visual departments.

Oh well, if the gameplay looks good, I'll check it out.

V_ac

Avenger
Jul 2, 2018
Well that looked completely uninteresting. If I wanted to go through Z again I'd just watch Kai or read the Manga. If the gameplay isn't good then this is an easy skip for me.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
PS4, XB1 & PC.
No Switch is fine, but Bamco can fuck right off if they try the late port thing again. It's getting old and "they didn't know the Switch would be successful" is not an excuse anymore. It's gonna be two years of amazing success come March

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
CYBERCONNECT!!! YESSSSS!!! KNEW IT AS SOON AS I SAW THE VISUALS! Now they only have to confirm this is a retelling of DBZ+OG Dragon Ball+Dragon Ball Super in the Storm way, with multiple playable characters (all of the characters from the series actually), and we've got the Dragon Ball game everyone has waited for!
Just DBZ up to Frieza arc, I think.

RocknRola

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Hmmm. I'm interested, it looks cool enough but without gameplay and more info on what they'll actually cover or not it's hard to get super excited about this. At least right now.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Visuals look nice, though that opening scene looks off. Not really much we can get out of this trailer, though it's many months away so I get why they are saving gameplay for later. Can't really get excited yet, but man I hope it's good to make up for the fact that it's another Z retelling.
No Switch is weird after XV2 and FighterZ.