• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
It's weird, the more DLC characters come out for this game, the less interesting they seem to get. Which is bizarre because Roshi SHOULD be a thousand times more exciting than Yet Another Goku(TM), but I guess footage of DBFZ all just kinda looks the same after a while.

Maybe it's just a consistent problem with the trailer editing. Who knows.

RROCKMAN

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I like the Kamehameha idea but I wish we still got the dramatic angle

To clarify I'm talking about him flying. The mafuba should have been a level 3 that does Spirt bomb levels of damage

Last edited:

TitanicFall

Nov 12, 2017
Watch the next DLC character be Roshi's alternate:

hqdefault.jpg

Tan

Oct 27, 2017
It's weird, the more DLC characters come out for this game, the less interesting they seem to get. Which is bizarre because Roshi SHOULD be a thousand times more exciting than Yet Another Goku(TM), but I guess footage of DBFZ all just kinda looks the same after a while.

I think it just ends up highlighting how similar a lot of characters feel.

Roliq

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 23, 2018

I say is the outfit, it looks pretty bland instead of the classic orange clothes with blue pants

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Probably better to link the official tweet than a repuload, for quality purposes:

Twitter quality sucks though. Hopefully the YouTube version is up soon.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
I got all the season passes on PS4, only missing the last one on Switch. I think I might bite and just get the last one on Switch too. I really hope Roshi will end up being a character you'll see pop up in teams fairly often.

Just Great

Oct 25, 2017

Nah, the game is super samey.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I say is the outfit, it looks pretty bland instead of the classic orange clothes with blue pants

Nah, the outfit is fine. I think it's just kind of an issue with all ArcSys characters starting to blur together after a while. The more characters you have the more familiar everything looks.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
So he can air dash after all and the super dash is the reverse kamehameha.

Dark Ninja

Oct 27, 2017

This game doesn't really take risks when it comes to varying the gameplay of the characters. Probably cause they want to stick with the source material so closely which is fine but the characters could have played more interesting if you focused on certain things about them to get different gameplay types. Trunks sword, Picollo stretching/regeneration abilities, duo/twin characters like kid Goten and Trunks on screen at same time, Bulma using her inventions, Mr Satan comedy or with Majin boo as an assist summon moveset, etc.

Last edited:

RROCKMAN

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This game doesn't really take risks when it comes to varying the gameplay. Probably cause they want to stick with the source material which is fine but the characters could have played more interesting if you focused on certain things about them to get different gameplay types. Trunks sword, Picollo stretching/regeneration abilities, duo/twin characters like kid goten and Trunks on screen at same time, Bulma using her inventions, Mr Satan comedy or with Majin boo as an assist summon moveset, etc.

Honestly Trunks and goten should have been just like android 18.

Oct 27, 2017

Honestly as much as I love Fighterz, that's a valid complaint. Like most folks really just have two or three moves and two or three supers and that's really it. But that's kind of the consequence of being a tag fighting game, ya know? No one ever feels very significant on their own.

Not to mention how awkward to use the unique fighters (Android 18, Beerus, Majin Bee, and Ginyu to name a few) are.

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017

IMO new Broly and Gogeta have some of the best animation in the game.

Roliq

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 23, 2018
Nah, the outfit is fine. I think it's just kind of an issue with all ArcSys characters starting to blur together after a while. The more characters you have the more familiar everything looks.
Oh yeah i get it specially here since all the character do the same thing: punch and kick and unlike say Street Fighter were is based on real life martial arts, it even sucks more when the majority have the same Kamehameha/Galick Gun attack

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Also his Lightning Flash can't be blocked when it hits someone in the air. So he's not great at air fighting, but if you're up against him, neither are you. 😁
Yea, I think it's a really cool idea. He's grounded and hopefully his moveset works in a way that keeps the opponent grounded

MrWindUpBird

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Genuinely can't wait for him and the patch. Video is my favorite character to play so I'm all for more "unique" gameplay styles like Roshi's super leap. I hope the balance patch will bring some buffs to Videl and Gogeta.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I like the Kamehameha idea but I wish we still got the dramatic angle

To clarify I'm talking about him flying. The mafuba should have been a level 3 that does Spirt bomb levels of damage
ehh, it forcing a snap is way more interesting. Also the reserve kame doesn't auto track, you control which direct it goes so it doesn't really make sense to change angles

RROCKMAN

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
ehh, it forcing a snap is way more interesting. Also the reserve kame doesn't auto track, you control which direct it goes so it doesn't really make sense to change angles

I guess... I was thinking since you still end up having to spend 1 bar of special to switch someone out was kinda lame when some Chars like Android 18 can do it for free. But DHC into a switch might be kinda cool

Oct 25, 2017
He looks interesting for a FighterZ character but it's hard to really speak until there are actual high-mid level players getting their hands on him and his shenanigans.

TreeMePls

Oct 25, 2017

You could have all characters have the same model and wont be able to pick out who youre playing since more than 90% of the roster play exactly the same way.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
urghhh..they went with Super Roshi?
DBZ Roshi looks wayyyyy better and more menacing.

main-qimg-6aa18f73d924a318b7957bf544fd0577

Are you talking about him going full buff? He does that for his super in FighterZ. Most of the time even in the original DB, he never used the buff form for actual fighting it was only used for the Kamehameha. He did use a middle form against Tenshinhan though. In RoF, he uses the buff form to fight continuously though, but that was pretty much the only time. Even in Super itself when the Tournament of Power started he was back to only using the buff form in rare moments.

Last edited:

Rare Coin

Banned
Aug 29, 2020
Why can't they add new stages?

The time chamber would be so easy to add it's just like floating in a void