• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Noctis

Oct 25, 2017
New York City

Hold that L and then exit.. let me get my points.

tenor.gif

Last edited:

Giru017

Oct 30, 2017
Malta
This is pretty harsh, since online lobbies are the only way to play with friends... I get the penalty if it'd ban you from ranked and lobby matches for a week, but banning from online lobbies (meaning ring matches, event fights, etc) seems like waaaay too much. Also, what's this about potentially being banned permanently?

OP
OP
Noctis

Noctis

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
This is pretty harsh, since online lobbies are the only way to play with friends... I get the penalty if it'd ban you from ranked and lobby matches for a week, but banning from online lobbies (meaning ring matches, event fights, etc) seems like waaaay too much. Also, what's this about potentially being banned permanently?
If you're a notorious rage quitter you get perma banned, which is pretty damn awesome.

RIP Hyde Gackt finally.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
That's harsher than I would have expected. Not against the measures but I would have just expected them to be just for ranked.

Iori Fuyusaka

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Fortunately, there's a way to avoid this penalty.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Yeah, seems like they went to the extreme with the punishment. I hope they take into account the, although rare, instances where your connection might actually fuck up and log you out of the platform. Being banned from the online lobby for one whole week is way too much, make it a 24 hour period after 2 disconnections or something like that. I also hope they are clear about how this works, the in-game statement is rather vague.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Great news. I'm sure they'll have a system in place to distinguish between genuine connection errors and rage quits, and I'm sure you'll get totally legitimate God of Destruction rank players with 20,000 wins and 3 losses cry about being unfairly banned.

FSLink

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, seems like they went to the extreme with the punishment. I hope they take into account the, although rare, instances where your connection might actually fuck up and log you out of the platform. Being banned from the online lobby for one whole week is way too much, make it a 24 hour period after 2 disconnections or something like that. I also hope they are clear about how this works, the in-game statement is rather vague.

It says for people who repeatedly disconnect so....

AlanOC91

Owner of YGOPRODeck.com
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
Fucking finally. This is waaaaaay too late tbh. This needed to be there soon after the game launched.

It actively put me off attempting to get better at ranked when every second person rage quit as soon as they were about to lose.

For those who don't play the game, it's plagued with rage quitters who quit right before they lose.

You don't get the win when they do this.

Last edited:

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Can Bamco/ArcSys distinguish when someone ragequits intentionally versus when someone legit disconnects thanks to the crappy internet?

Like I'm sure all the people here praising this will get annoyed as fuck is they have legit internet issues and can't get into the lobby to play with friends

I would have only done it for an hour and then increase the punishment if it was repetitive, and also I would have implemented it for ranked. Or better, go the mortal kombat route and punish you with points instead of banning you

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Can Bamco/ArcSys distinguish when someone ragequits intentionally versus when someone legit disconnects thanks to the crappy internet?

Like I'm sure all the people here praising this will get annoyed as fuck is they have legit internet issues and can't get into the lobby to play with friends

I would have only done it for an hour and then increase the punishment if it was repetitive, and also I would have implemented it for ranked. Or better, go the mortal kombat route and punish you with points instead of banning you

If you notice your crap connection after two times you should stop playing online for that moment easy as that.

It's great that they do this.

Infernostew

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Can't they just count a disconnection as a loss? That seems like it would solve the issue pretty easily without going into these crazy penalties.

hwarang

Oct 27, 2017

Yeah. Xfinity cuts me out at the most random of moments. Should be a tiered system based on frequency.

Heromanz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Banning someone for a week over for something like this on the product you spent money on ain't it chief

Nome

Designer / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NYC
Fucking finally. This is waaaaaay too late tbh. This needed to be there soon after the game launched.

It actively put me off attempting to get better at ranked when everyone second person rage quit as soon as they were about to lose.

For those who don't play the game, it's plagued with rage quitters who quit right before they lose.

You don't get the win when they do this.
So maybe they should just give you the win instead of banning someone for a week?

Iori Fuyusaka

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
"Too Harsh"

As far as I'm concerned, if you engage in this activity, Bandai Namco can come to your house and break your disc in front of you and it wouldn't be too harsh.

sensui-tomo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A defense force for unsportsmanlike conduct.
If permanate banning users caught cheating is fine its also fine to temp ban users abusing the system to not take a loss.

andymcc

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, OH
I've been playing a lot of Maxiboost On and I get hit with 10 min. "timeouts for match disconnects" when... I haven't once initiated a disconnect. Usually it happens in ranked rooms with wi-fi warriors with two bars, the connection starts to drop and I get punished for it?

FSLink

Oct 25, 2017

I don't think you understand how common rage quits are in DBFZ. People rage quit on me every other match in -casuals- (unranked)

I've been playing a lot of Maxiboost On and I get hit with 10 min. "timeouts for match disconnects" when... I haven't once initiated a disconnect. Usually it happens in ranked rooms with wi-fi warriors with two bars, the connection starts to drop and I get punished for it?

It literally says for repeat offenders (we'll see if this is actually the case). So if your connection continuously sucks instead of just once in awhile, then maybe you shouldn't be playing online.

skillzilla81

Self-requested temporary ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Never seen people cape for rage quitters, lol.

Fuck rage quitters. Ban them all.

AlanOC91

Owner of YGOPRODeck.com
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
Sorry, can you explain how it's toxic if you're still rewarded the win?

Yes?

If you don't think rage quitting/bad sportsmanship is bad or toxic then I don't know what to say to you.

It's really not difficult to be a good sport and not throw your toys out of the pram now is it?

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think a week is a bit harsh (but ultimately deserved if you keep RQing) but I am just SHOCKED that users on resetera dot com think punishing RQers is unfair.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
A defense force for unsportsmanlike conduct.
If permanate banning users caught cheating is fine its also fine to temp ban users abusing the system to not take a loss.
To be fair I'm not defending it, I'm glad they're going hard on RQers, I just wish they were more clear about it because I'd hate to be banned for a week if my connection happened to randomly act up and I disconnected. It's happened to me in SFV 2 or 3 times in 4 years playing that game and while it is rare, it'd still be bad if it happened to someone who didn't really RQ. As for the permaban, I have no issues with that, permaban the fuckers who keep doing it.