• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Seems like the guy is a massive piece of shit. Net gain for BioWare and Dragon Age fans I'd say.

NeptunePirate

Nov 1, 2017
"I've been letting you slide for a while"

giphy.gif
I love this, thank you. My sides hurt. šŸ˜‚

devSin

Oct 27, 2017
A lot of actors are trash people.

And I'm pretty sure Ellis was never going to be hired again anyway after breaking NDA on Inquisition.

GavinUK86

Oct 25, 2017
The idiot just premiered an in-character Cullen video on YouTube talking about the "blight" of SJWs and cancel culture. I won't link it because he's a fucking knob but look at this shit:

D1ExgcO.jpg

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
The idiot just premiered an in-character Cullen video on YouTube talking about the "blight" of SJWs and cancel culture. I won't link it because he's a fucking knob but look at this shit:

D1ExgcO.jpg
Yeah I'm gonna guess that neither EA nor Bioware is ok with that.
If there ever was a case of me championing a major corporation stomping the shit of a little guy, and EA at that, it would be this one.
Then again EA did good when they stomped on the guy that was trademarking everything with Edge in it.

ConVito

Oct 16, 2018
Good. Boot this transphobic piece of shit to the curb. This is my first time seeing this particular tweet since Ellis blocked me a while back even without me ever interacting with him or mentioning him, which is very telling.

piratepwnsninja

Lead Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bioware is an absolute dumpster fire. Strange to think they once made some of my favorite games and now I have 0 expectations for anything they do.

I'm not sure what this has to do with a VA being a terrible human, unless you just read the thread title and that's it, thought "Well this is certainly Bioware being in the wrong somehow and I really need to let people know about my current dislike of Bioware." and proceeded to post.

noinspiration

Jun 22, 2020
It's always interesting watching someone go off the deep end completely. Like, how far past rationality does Ellis have to be not to realize what will happen to his career over this, or to realize and do it anyway?

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm not sure what this has to do with a VA being a terrible human, unless you just read the thread title and that's it, thought "Well this is certainly Bioware being in the wrong somehow and I really need to let people know about my current dislike of Bioware." and proceeded to post.

Some people gotta spout their generic r/gaming style takes in any even remotely related thread.

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

D1ExgcO.jpg
Looking forward to seeing if EA does anything about this. Pretty sure he signed a couple of things at some point basically saying that character's voice is property of EA.

Sparks

Senior Games Artist
Verified
Dec 10, 2018
Los Angeles
Don't understand why you'd say anything on public social media ever...

He's a JK Rowling sympathizer.

Also he apparently thinks mental illnesses aren't real.

I really hope Cullen is in the new game with a different VO, just to spite this dude.
How can mental illness be real if our brains arent real??!?!

rras1994

Nov 4, 2017
Ha! That was first role that comes to mind for me too. That and Gentleman Ghost in BatB

Huh? Didn't he have that "episode" where he went missing because he had own mental issues?
I think he doesn't believe in taking medicine for mental illness, not that mental illness isn't real? I know there was an issue where he was encouraging his fans not to take medication at some non official convention

Icemonk191

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm guessing with how "mask off" he's being, he got kicked off of the next Dragon Age game and he blames Mark for that

TaleSpun

Oct 25, 2017
Also he apparently thinks mental illnesses aren't real.

Well that explains him not addressing his own then. This dude straight up disappeared for a few days back in, what, 2015? and I believe it was stated then he had a history of a mental health disorder.

BioWare has been so overtly liberal for so long, it's a shock he would pull this, but again: Not in his right mind.

Argentil

Oct 27, 2017
The voice actor community seems like its own strange world - almost another planet. Always weird drama, shitty takes and strange shit going on.
I think it's the age bracket. Many of them are hitting or peaking conspiracy nut uncle age.

Such an impressionable period in one's life.

Deleted member 11976

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
He can have his issues with identity politics at play in the industry (corps ultimately decide who they want to court as users) but this reads as a pretty pathetic grift to convert the more "disgruntled" segment of the fans of his voice work to his personal business.

The way he uses studio and brand names in his Youtube video title and description probably serves a bunch of purposes: SEO hits, telling viewers where to aim their pitchforks, and eventually making a martyr of himself once EA drops the hammer on this kind of use of their trademarks/IP/studio names.

MrBS

Oct 27, 2017
The production value on that video is something, he really put the work in for his any % notch run

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
He's trying his damnest to bring attention to his show or whatever, so he's been making every possible inflammatory comment out there. His Twitter timeline is wild.

I could not be more glad that Darrah decided to drag him.

Bioware is an absolute dumpster fire. Strange to think they once made some of my favorite games and now I have 0 expectations for anything they do.

When you need to BioWare shitpost so hard you don't make it past the thread title.

JoJoBae

Oct 25, 2017
Layton, UT
I know he didn't have anything to do with how Cullen was written but man does this solidify my disdain for him.

As tiring as it is having people out themselves as idiots en masse, I'm glad it's happening so we can hopefully just get it over with.