• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
BioWare: Franchise Technical Director
https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/856370508

The franchise Technical Director is the most senior engineering lead on the game team and a key member of the Dragon Age franchise leadership.
Experience developing multiplayer games.

Inquisition had decent multiplayer inspired by Mass Effect 3, with all DLC maps free - a great strategy BioWare arguably popularized with Mass Effect and Dragon Age under EA.

Would be great if it's back.

Rodjer

Self-requested ban.
Jan 28, 2018
I mean, all BioWare games post ME2 had multiplayer so it is expected.

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Previous dragon age had multi. As long as they don't pull the me3 shit ever again of forcing you to play multiplayer to get the best ending then we good.

NitX

Lead Developer
Verified
Aug 20, 2018
Also a franchise Tech Lead would be responsible for a lot more than just the next DA game ..

Asbsand

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denmark
My hopes for DA4 is that there's some EA demand for GaaS features so BioWare make a lot of that but ensure that the single player portion can be played untouched by the GaaS aspect and I don't care if it means skimping on level assets and whatever. However I also hope, in such a scenario, BioWare won't cut dialogue branches and cinematics first because those are the defining features of their games besides player and companion customization.

anexanhume

Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
This is a good sign that things are moving, even if it's a few years off. I really enjoyed ME3 MP, but never got into DA:I. Still seems a worthy addition given it didn't detract from the main game.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Inqusition had multiplayer. It was pretty good if too basic. I wouldn't mind a much more expanded version of it.

Haze

Oct 25, 2017
Detroit, MI
Inquisition had a pretty neat MP component that had terrible lag. As long as it's completely detached from the SP, it's whatever.

kakistocrats

Oct 29, 2017
Andromeda's MP was probably the closest that game ever got to being fun. Fans would revolt, but personally I would be more intrigued than dismayed if they tried to integrate the SP and MP progressions like Destiny and Anthem do. I personally found Inquisition's combat, loot, and progression systems to be extremely tedious, and I wouldn't mind if they just scrapped the half-assed attempts at incorporating tactical/strategy gameplay and just focused on Action-RPG mechanics that feel good from moment-to-moment against both player-controlled and automated opponents.