• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Yeah, I disagree with my Inquisitor's arc being done, it's honestly far from being done, and the ending of Trespassers showed just as much, as she looks utterly determined to keep on looking for him, and on fighting and stopping him (and yeah she's a mage so she wouldn't care about her arm being gone much). And I'm also worried of her being done dirty if they make her a NPC and I suddenly have zero control over her whatsoever. I feel very attached to her, I guess.

Also, the criticism of Solas I've seen was more about the fact they "bimboed" him, and made him look prettier, than the reverse. Interesting.

Also yikes at Sera being transphobic, I don't think I had her with me during the ball so I absolutely did not notice it. But I'm not surprised, she does have TERF bangs after all 😭

Persephone

Oct 25, 2017
anyway if da4 doesn't feature wig solas with gareth david lloyd doing a french accent from tevinter nights im out ✌️

Ralemont

Jan 3, 2018
It's interesting because the DA4's protagonists best shot at working effectively is for the Inky to pull some kind of extended Aragorn-at-the-Black-Gates stuff, not in terms of leading an army obviously but more keeping Solas's attention by continuing to convince him that the Inky is the greatest threat against what he wants to accomplish. This would give the DA4 protag plenty of breathing room to work their shifty wiles behind the scenes.

disparate

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean.

At the end of Tresspasser your inquisitor has lost their arm- so unless they were a mage they aren't going to be fighting anymore. And the Inquisitor specifically says that it will need to be a new hero and companions to tackle Solas, because he knows all of them too well and has eyes and ears watching them everywhere.
I wouldn't put it past BioWare to introduce some dumb wacky shit to facilitate it:
like mechanical limbs/weapons by dagna or something
Same, one thing I like about is the story is bigger than one character, and I actually thought the ending of Trespasser were my "Andraste's Herald", the one who had been built up as a saviour finds out that they can't save everyone, that they may be the less equiped to do so and need others. I kinda like that fallible moment
IMO it's more compelling that the Inquisitor can't do anything anymore and realizing they've essentially "lost" and can't defeat Solas and can't win every battle and war. Someone else might though, someone with a different background with different experiences, and a wholly different person.

rras1994

Nov 4, 2017
It's interesting because the DA4's protagonists best shot at working effectively is for the Inky to pull some kind of extended Aragorn-at-the-Black-Gates stuff, not in terms of leading an army obviously but more keeping Solas's attention by continuing to convince him that the Inky is the greatest threat against what he wants to accomplish. This would give the DA4 protag plenty of breathing room to work their shifty wiles behind the scenes.
If Solas actually thinks Inky's a threat , he just goes into their dreams and murders them that way, he's done at least twice before. The problem is their known, and if you have a villain that can quite literally enter someone's dreams that he knows and kills them that way, and we';ve already seen he can manipulate the Inky's dream in Inquisitor, how do write that same person facing that without decreasing Solas' powers?

disparate

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I disagree with my Inquisitor's arc being done, it's honestly far from being done, and the ending of Trespassers showed just as much, as she looks utterly determined to keep on looking for him, and on fighting and stopping him (and yeah she's a mage so she wouldn't care about her arm being gone much). And I'm also worried of her being done dirty if they make her a NPC and I suddenly have zero control over her whatsoever. I feel very attached to her, I guess.
Me too! They were great in Inquisition.

OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
If Solas actually thinks Inky's a threat , he just goes into their dreams and murders them that way, he's done at least twice before. The problem is their known, and if you have a villain that can quite literally enter someone's dreams that he knows and kills them that way, and we';ve already seen he can manipulate the Inky's dream in Inquisitor, how do write that same person facing that without decreasing Solas' powers?

Bold of you to assume he'll simply kill an Inquisitor he actually loves, though. Sure, he killed before, in very cold-hearted ways, but I fail to see him kill Lavellan so easily, or it'll utterly break him in many pieces, and if that happens, I'd be absolutely here to see that, cause holy fuck that's gonna wreck him for a long time. But yeah, he could have killed her in Trespasser, he didn't, he clearly doesn't want to. She has power over him simply because of his profound attachment and love for her.

Last edited:

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
What are the chances that DA4 opens with Solas killing the Inquisitor and the Inquisition is left scrambling while chaos spreads across Thedas? The way they narrated the Gamescom trailer, mentioning how people with no power had to fight themselves because the people who did have power weren't taking care of issues, I can't see that context without something crippling the Inquisition directly.

Loanshark

Nov 8, 2017
Wonder how they will handle decisions from past games in regards to outcomes in DA4. If I remember correctly there were critical renegade/paragon decision thresholds in ME3 that could be helped along by previous choices in the trilogy. Granted, since this is not a trilogy and protagonists are different, it would be hard to make it as impactful, but I think choices from Inquisition at least could play a similar role when it comes to dealing with Solas.

OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
What are the chances that DA4 opens with Solas killing the Inquisitor and the Inquisition is left scrambling while chaos spreads across Tevinter? The way they narrated the Gamescom trailer, mentioning how people with no power had to fight themselves because the people who did have power weren't taking care of issues, I can't see that context without something crippling the Inquisition directly.

Pretty sure they would have killed the Inquisitor at the end of Trespasser if that was the plan all along, tbh. Also, my Lavellan isn't Inquisitor anymore, she disbanded it, she is pretty much powerless and willing to go dark again. I know some kept the Inquisition alive and well though, so I don't know how it'd fit their world, but in mine, the Inquisition is already dead anyway.

Metroidvania

Oct 25, 2017
Heh, I'm still (slightly) miffed that they snubbed the Hero of Ferelden so much (especially as someone who romanced Leliana and having it teased during one of the Inky conversations) whilst having Hawke show up in DA:I, but yeah, I'd be down to see the Inquisitor again, even if for a multitude of reasons I don't think they'll be the (main) protagonist.\

What are the chances that DA4 opens with Solas killing the Inquisitor and the Inquisition is left scrambling while chaos spreads across Tevinter? The way they narrated the Gamescom trailer, mentioning how people with no power had to fight themselves because the people who did have power weren't taking care of issues, I can't see that context without something crippling the Inquisition directly.

Honestly, I imagine the inquisition will either be disbanded (which seems to be one of the more common outcomes of Trespasser), or retconned/reworked despite your trespasser choice...and/or they'll be off-screen the majority, if not all, of the time. They would have too much power as an organization, unless we're DEEP in Tevinter territory.

Ralemont

Jan 3, 2018
Bold of you to assume he'll simply kill an Inquisitor he actually loves, though. Sure, he killed before, in very cold-hearted ways, but I fail to see him kill Lavellan so easily, or it'll utterly break him in many pieces, and if that happens, I'd be absolutely here to see that, cause holy fuck that's gonna wreck him. But yeah, he could have killed her in Trespasser, he didn't, he clearly doesn't want to. She has power over him simply because of his profound attachment and love for her.

Though Rras's point definitely holds true for Inquisitors that Solas hates and vice versa. They will need a reason why he can't simply dream kill Lavellan or a hated Inquisitor alike.

Oct 26, 2017
To be fair, the plan is to kill the Inquisitor, just at the very last moment along with everyone else. And TBH, I can see Solas being completely wrecked by the act but still doing it if it's what it takes to achieve his goal.

disparate

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What are the chances that DA4 opens with Solas killing the Inquisitor and the Inquisition is left scrambling while chaos spreads across Thedas? The way they narrated the Gamescom trailer, mentioning how people with no power had to fight themselves because the people who did have power weren't taking care of issues, I can't see that context without something crippling the Inquisition directly.
They could for closure's sake, but like it's been mentioned they could have done this at the end of Trespasser at that point. It's otherwise unnecessary because IMO they made it clear the Inquisition/Inquisitor are toothless now anyway.

rras1994

Nov 4, 2017
Bold of you to assume he'll simply kill an Inquisitor he actually loves, though. Sure, he killed before, in very cold-hearted ways, but I fail to see him kill Lavellan so easily, or it'll utterly break him in many pieces, and I'd be here to see that. But yeah, he could have killed her in Trespasser, he didn't, he clearly doesn't want to.
oh he doesn't want to but he's all about self sacrifice and thinks this is the only way to fix the world he broke. Don't forget that Solas doesn't actually few himself as the bad guy but one who has to do these terrible things even if it hurts him (especially if uit hurts him, there's almost a reverly way to this image in someways of Solas pschye which I find so fascinating tbh). I think he would if he felt have to, but again kind of arrogant so doesn't think you can and also has a lot of spies watch the Inquisitor so would feel he could if they do make moves. He already knew what Charter was up to in Tevinter Nights. Also I'm sure he liked Felassan too.

Also, female solas romanced Lavellan, is only one Inquisitor and there are many Inquisitors he just kind of likes or admires, and many he hates too. They have to write for everyone, not just one version. Which I know how much you liked your Inky and are very attached but if it helps that there were a lot that were very attached to the Warden and Hawke who felt respectively they needed to solve the Blight problem or the Templar- Mage war and the majority of those players still ended up feeling right when they moved on to another protag and that it was the right story in the end. You'll probably love the new protag just as much as Inky. Also if they continued with the Inky there is always the posibilty they write it in a way that might really not gel with your Inky either, so it's not always a bad thing to change protags as themes and tones often change between games which can massively change the main character needed, But you don't always want your own character to change like that without your control

Persephone

Oct 25, 2017
i mean i feel confronting solas with a new character wouldn't have the same impact since they don't have that history with him that the inq has, romanced or not

OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
oh he doesn't want to but he's all about self sacrifice and thinks this is the only way to fix the world he broke. Don't forget that Solas doesn't actually few himself as the bad guy but one who has to do these terrible things even if it hurts him (especially if uit hurts him, there's almost a reverly way to this image in someways of Solas pschye which I find so fascinating tbh). I think he would if he felt have to, but again kind of arrogant so doesn't think you can and also has a lot of spies watch the Inquisitor so would feel he could if they do make moves. He already knew what Charter was up to in Tevinter Nights. Also I'm sure he liked Felassan too.

Also, female solas romanced Lavellan, is only one Inquisitor and there are many Inquisitors he just kind of likes or admires, and many he hates too. They have to write for everyone, not just one version. Which I know how much you liked your Inky and are very attached but if it helps that there were a lot that were very attached to the Warden and Hawke who felt respectively they needed to solve the Blight problem or the Templar- Mage war and the majority of those players still ended up feeling right when they moved on to another protag and that it was the right story in the end. You'll probably love the new protag just as much as Inky. Also if they continued with the Inky there is always the posibilty they write it in a way that might really not gel with your Inky either, so it's not always a bad thing to change protags as themes and tones often change between games which can massively change the main character needed, But you don't always want your own character to change like that without your control

I agree about his arrogance, thinking the Inquisitor can't do shit anymore anyway, that he's too powerful to be touched, harmed and targeted by anything they might do. It's the main theme with him anyway, arrogance, and I suspect DA4 will absolutely exploit the hell out of his arrogance in order to bring him to his knees. I would just have loved to do it with my Inquisitor, as a sort of revenge on him for projecting a certain vision she has of her, and her proving that, once again, he's plainass wrong, and that he should never have underestimated her.

And I'm sure I'll love the new protagonist, there's no doubt in my mind that I will. It's just that dealing with everything related to Solas will definitely have less impact if I do that with an entirely new protagonist who doesn't have the history my Inquisitor has with Solas. It won't be the same, really, but hey, that might be the occasion for me to get creative about it if I can't satisfy that desire through the game.

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know, I feel like they would've killed off the Inquisitor at the end of Trespasser if they really wanted to do that. And as for the Inquisition, they'll probably be disbanded since that seemed to be the popular choice.

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty sure they would have killed the Inquisitor at the end of Trespasser if that was the plan all along, tbh. Also, my Lavellan isn't Inquisitor anymore, she disbanded it, she is pretty much powerless and willing to go dark again. I know some kept the Inquisition alive and well though, so I don't know how it'd fit their world, but in mine, the Inquisition is already dead anyway.
They could for closure's sake, but like it's been mentioned they could have done this at the end of Trespasser at that point. It's otherwise unnecessary because IMO they made it clear the Inquisition/Inquisitor are toothless now anyway.
That makes sense, of course, but I can also see the appeal of saving such event for the next game. I feel the next game will start with a bang as well, like Inquisition did with the Conclave (quite literally), and the assassination of the Inquisitor came to mind as a possibility.

Honestly, I imagine the inquisition will either be disbanded (which seems to be one of the more common outcomes of Trespasser), or retconned/reworked despite your trespasser choice...and/or they'll be off-screen the majority, if not all, of the time. They would have too much power as an organization, unless we're DEEP in Tevinter territory.
Yeah, they need to be severely held back otherwise anyone who has played DAI will spend most of the time wondering why the Inquisition is doing absolutely nothing. You hear time and time again throughout DAI how it is a force do be reckoned with even in Tevinter.

rras1994

Nov 4, 2017
I agree about his arrogance, thinking the Inquisitor can't do shit anymore anyway, that he's too powerful to be touched, harmed and targeted by anything they might do. It's the main theme with him anyway, arrogance, and I suspect DA4 will absolutely exploit the hell out of his arrogance in order to bring him to his knees. I would just have loved to do it with my Inquisitor, as a sort of revenge on him for projecting a certain vision she has of her, and her proving that, once again, he's plainass wrong, and that he should never have underestimated her.

And I'm sure I'll love the new protagonist, there's no doubt in my mind that I will. It's just that dealing with everything related to Solas will definitely have less impact if I do that with an entirely new protagonist who doesn't have the history my Inquisitor has with Solas. It won't be the same, really, but hey, that might be the occasion for me to get creative about if I can satisfy that desire through the game.
I think it depends very much on what type of story they are going with if it would be better with the Inquisitor leading, and as they seem to be going for sort of a powerless person being stuck with there "betters" not actually dealing with the real problems, I don't think a Southerner like Inky and someone who is still very influential like Inky would fit well in that story with the same impact. I guess that's what I most like about a new protag as they don't have the same constraints on them. But then I'm the weird person who while I loved my Shepherd was also quite happy when their story ended as it kept building them up more and more as a superhero with each game who everyone else was less than and I think that's very hard to avoid with a aelf created protag in sucessive games like that. And Shepherd will always be a soldier no matter what. Like I love my Inky but it's cus of that I'm happy for them to stay the character they are, good and bad, without ending up to a superhuman (or elf) person

OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
More dumb stuff I found, I need to cope okay. Don't judge. Or do judge, it's the same to me.

For some reason the tweet she's quoting is unavailable, so here's a screenshot of it:

I'll try not to disappoint best boy Cole, cause if he thinks there's hope, then there's hope.

Last edited:

Persephone

Oct 25, 2017
my soft hearted trevelyan who befriended solas: i will redeem u :')
my soft hearted companion lavellan who romanced solas and just watched him steal her sister's arm: you're dead 2 me

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
Well, I mean, the demon he unintentionally left at Skyhold ruined that mural, so I hope the same happens to his new fancy one.

ThreepQuest64

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Germany
Is there anything they can show except for teasers, CGI and cinematics (if at all)? Just saw the news popping up that BioWare announced a new DA.

Deleted member 17184

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Considering how bad BioWare was with crunch and also the pandemic, if I had to choose between gameplay (but with them crunching and having to go to the office constantly) or just a cinematic like last night (no crunching and staying at home), I'd choose the latter without second thoughts.

I do hope they're not crunching.

OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Well, I mean, the demon he unintentionally left at Skyhold ruined that mural, so I hope the same happens to his new fancy one.

That short story is so sad, goddammit. It makes so much sense, and is a testament to how true and genuine his feelings also were at the time for the Inquisition and the Inquisitor, but I'm sad that his skyhold mural got destroyed because of his feelings of regret being too fucking stronk not to draw demons from the fade.

I love that no matter where he goes, he wants to paint on the walls :)

It's good that he has a ✨self-care routine✨ I guess.

Last edited:

rras1994

Nov 4, 2017

Gold paint, fancy new clothes and SHOES, our favourite disaster egg is really moving up in the world.

OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France

Also, as far as romance options goes, I'd really love for Krem to make a comeback in DA4 and for players to be able to romance him, cause he a cutie.
Probably not gonna happen, but a girl can dream.

Last edited:

Loanshark

Nov 8, 2017

This formula is something Bioware seems to love. They have used it in DA:O, DA:I, Mass Effect 2 and 3. The desired end state is outlined early, and then you need to go out to gather strength/support/forces to come back and make it happen. I used to post once in a while on the Bioware forums way back when, and I asked one of the devs specifically if they were going to use that formula again for ME3 (or could have been DA:I, dont remember) and the dev responded that they wouldnt. I remember the tone of the response was quite brusque, even though I tried to be as friendly as possible given how trash those forums could be.

Anyway, I'd love for them to change it up a bit, so hopefully they have gotten that formula out of their system by now. One of the reasons ME1 is my favorite game in the ME trilogy is that you dont really know where the game is going, everything is just unfolding and you're always one step behind trying to catch up. Even DA2, for all its flaws, had a refreshing narrative structure, where the situation in the city changed with each chapter, and you didnt really know what was going to happen next.

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
Given all the issues with Cyberpunk 2077 right now, I've been thinking about the next Dragon Age a lot. BioWare has been a trailblazer in terms of queer representation in the AAA scope, though not perfect by any means. So I hope they really go all the way this time, specially in regards to character creation. Offer options without limitations, including voice. Hire queer devs or consultants.

And do right by Maevaris. She deserves it.
Also, as far as romance options goes, I'd really love for Krem to make a comeback in DA4 and for players to be able to romance him, cause he a cutie.
Probably not gonna happen, but a girl can dream.
Would love to seem him back too, but please, BioWare, recast him. He deserves a trans man to voice him.

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Would love to seem him back too, but please, BioWare, recast him. He deserves a trans man to voice him.
I highly doubt Krem comes back without a recast, I think Jenn Hale said as much on a livestream

EDIT: Also a Krem romance just won't happen, I think Varric proves without a doubt that they will not break up a romance just to pander to the player and Krem is shacked up with the Tavern Singer.

Mar 9, 2018
If they love us, they'll include a remix of "Dark Solas" from Trespasser. Also, to throw some love to Origins' music, if they really really love us, they'll include a remix of the absolute "banger" song "TO KILL AN OGRE".

OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Krem is shacked up with the Tavern Singer.

Not you crushing my hopes and dreams like this, smh.
WHAT IF you play as the Tavern Singer in DA4. Come on BioWare, make it happen!
More seriously though, maybe their relationship has already ended anyway, one could use many ways to make Krem available for romance again 👀

also Krem could be dead

Only if you made the wrongest of choices, and honestly if you did, I'm judging hard, and you don't deserve Krem.
(Also, that didn't stop them from bringing Leliana back in DA:I. They could always find some narrative shenanigans to bring Krem back if they wanted to, there's always a way :D)

Persephone

Oct 25, 2017
I highly doubt Krem comes back without a recast, I think Jenn Hale said as much on a livestream

EDIT: Also a Krem romance just won't happen, I think Varric proves without a doubt that they will not break up a romance just to pander to the player and Krem is shacked up with the Tavern Singer.

Only if you make Cole more spirit. I made him more human (hate the Maryden romance though so I just headcanon it away lmao).

ShiftyCow

Nov 4, 2017
Okay so I was just listening to the newest episode of Split the Veil and Caitie brought up something potentially huge (timestamp). Not sure how much this was discussed in the fandom, I completely missed it till now so sorry if this is old news.

Sooo, remember that elven statue from the dalish elf origin? Here's some fresh screenshots:
screenshot20201214043i7j3o.jpg

screenshot20201214043imkp7.jpg
Tamlen identifies it as a statue of Falon'Din.

Now, check out this concept art from a DA2 guide book:

Looks pretty similar, huh? But what's with the tentacles? Tentacles... doesn't that ring a bell? Who was just talking about tentacles?

Note his gestures, too - tentacles at the bottom.

So is this it? Did Gaider spill something he shouldn't have? Are the Evanuris the Old Gods? Of course all this stuff is subject to change and might already have changed long ago. Or maybe they just reused the Archdemon design for the Evanuris because they thought it looked cool and there was never an actual connection there. There's also these things that straight up look like illithids in the same ruin as the statue.
Amusingly enough, Tamlen actually refers to Falon'Din as "one of the old gods", lol.
unknownznjpi.png

Last edited: