• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

tekomandor

Oct 27, 2017
Does this look like that first iteration of DA4 that got cancelled to anyone else? Heists in the Tevinter Imperium and all that.

rras1994

Nov 4, 2017
I don't think Varric is going to be a companion, I just think they like having him as a narrator

Yeul

Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to have to watch that again, but I'm hoping Minrathous has the scale of the brief glimpse we saw.

rras1994

Nov 4, 2017
There's that bit with a large vertical city with floating buildings - that's got to be Minrathous??? Looks so good! Tevinter time!!

Luyrar

Banned
Jul 19, 2018
That feeling when BioWare logo means nothing anymore... 😔

My only hope is that they ended inquisition in a fcking good way that is kinda impossible to screw up.

That was
Tevinter
for sure.

OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Eo6tW-WXUAE1Td7

6t4JREX.gif.gif

Yeul

Oct 25, 2017

Here's the teaser trailer for anyone that missed it (or wants to watch it again).

Sign

Oct 31, 2017
How are they going to call a continuation of their story just "Dragon Age", or are they throwing away a lot of the old story?

Samiya

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 30, 2019
the game doesn't even have a suffix yet? is it in dev hell or something?

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
I really hope their bluntness about how you have no special hand and no ancient prophecy holds true and we aren't some special elite or chosen one like BioWare has used for nearly every game. Being a nobody without any special position or power would a nice change of pace.

I love Varric so can't complain, would be fine without him maybe prefer it, but not really mad he's back in the thick of it.

rras1994

Nov 4, 2017
New website photo:

The two figures upside down beside Solas, do they remind anyone else of the elhven god murals?

OP
OP
Delphine

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
For people who read Tevinter Nights:
Strife confirmed, right? Definitely the one with the blade and the fancy cape!
Also, the one with the headdress and the arc, Myrna maybe? Not sure if that's her but pretty sure I read a story with a character looking like her, please refresh my memory!

Last edited:

KushalaDaora

Oct 27, 2017
Good to see that the protagonist is not going to be a Chosen One character. Hawke being no one is easily my favorite part of DA2.

Also here's hoping they bring back Origins or at least multiple background to pick from (like Pillars Of Eternity).

How are they going to call a continuation of their story just "Dragon Age", or are they throwing away a lot of the old story?

I don't think DRAGON AGE is the official name for the game ?

It's going to be either DRAGON AGE : ANTHEM or DRAGON AGE: BIOWARE MAGIC.

rras1994

Nov 4, 2017
the game doesn't even have a suffix yet? is it in dev hell or something?
It's not in dev he'll, just didn't really fully start production until 2019, according to EA Investor Reports they don't plan to have it out until after April 2022, name is one of the last things they decide

Last edited:

Sign

Oct 31, 2017
For people who read Tevinter Nights:
Strife confirmed, right? Definitely the one with the blade and the fancy cape!
Also, the one with the headdress and the arc, Myrna maybe? Not sure if that's hear but pretty sure I read a story with a character looking like her, please refresh my memory!

I have only ever played the 3 base games, no DLCs or extra material. How much of the story has been added through all the DLC and books etc.?

It's not in dev he'll, just didn't really fully start production until 2019, according to EA Investor Reports they don't plan to have it out until after 2022, name is one of the last things they decide

Origins is up there as one of my favourite PC games and I really loved the world they setup but until this past year I had actually forgotten that a DA game had come out and I had played it at the start of this gen (past gen?), or that the series existed at all. Really bummed how badly (imo) Bioware/EA has handled this franchise.

Deleted member 17184

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I know everyone was eager to see gameplay, but I loved the atmosphere that had! Looking forward to seeing more.

SunKing

Oct 25, 2017
Well, it was something at least. Art direction is nice, but that was very pre-rendered. Hope it carries over to in-game. Overall, it didn't really have anything new that fans haven't been theorizing about for a couple years now. Tevinter? Check. New hero? Check. Crows? Check???

Game's just still too early in development.

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
It's crazy how much DA has come into itself visually/stylistically. DAO was pretty bland as fuck, DA2 went for a bold redirection but was still rather rough around the copious number of edges but DAI and now this really have developed a striking and unique style.

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I would not be suprised if it was just called Dragon Age, the script is pretty clearly done. Either that or this is like like a "T.H.E.D.A.S" type deal where none of the devs can make a name stick in meetings.

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think BioWare would call it just Dragon Age, and EA's marketing might well hate it. BioWare wanted to call the second game Dragon Age: Exodus, but I believe it was marketing that made them just call it Dragon Age 2 as to make it clear that it was a sequel to Origins; which was a commercial success.
New website photo:

The two figures upside down beside Solas, do they remind anyone else of the elhven god murals?

I'm guessing Mythal and Elgar'nan? Seems the two are connected, like two rulers, so that's my guess.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
I have only ever played the 3 base games, no DLCs or extra material. How much of the story has been added through all the DLC and books etc.?

Origins is up there as one of my favourite PC games and I really loved the world they setup but until this past year I had actually forgotten that a DA game had come out and I had played it at the start of this gen (past gen?), or that the series existed at all. Really bummed how badly (imo) Bioware/EA has handled this franchise.
A lot. The lead in to this game is only revealed via DLC.

Sign

Oct 31, 2017
I don't think DRAGON AGE is the official name for the game ?

It's going to be either DRAGON AGE : ANTHEM or DRAGON AGE: BIOWARE MAGIC.

I am hoping they used up all of their "Bioware Magic" on Andromeda and Anthem and make a proper game this time.

A lot. The lead in to this game is only revealed via DLC.

That is a little disappointing, will have to take a wiki-dive at some point I guess.