• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
May 19, 2020
why bother if it isn't game footage? they have way closer things to show - Anthem 2.0 and ME Trilogy - but went with Dragon Age anyways.
i mean everyone asks why bother when they show the talking head footage and the white open-air computer desks and the "oh dragon age and the world of thedas means so much to us" stuff. the marketing eggheads think people like that when they have nothing else to show. maybe people outside of ERA do, idk. seems pointless to me too.

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
source.gif

Rover_

Jun 2, 2020
i mean everyone asks why bother when they show the talking head footage and the white open-air computer desks and the "oh dragon age and the world of thedas means so much to us" stuff. the marketing eggheads think people like that when they have nothing else to show. maybe people outside of ERA do, idk. seems pointless to me too.

i mean i see it's value but it's definitely more a youtube upload than a biggest gaming awards showing kinda of thing. don't forget BioWare just casually announced the next Mass Effect game with a fucking concept art.

Comrade Grogu

Banned
Jun 20, 2020
Haha! It's just BioWare… I loved them, I want to love them, but their stuff has been hit or miss recently.

Mass Effect 2 is like one of my favorite games ever…Dragon Age Inquisition was decent. Just trying to keep my expectations in check. :)
Same!

I'm just joking. Your avatar kinda matched the enthusiasm of your comment so I decided to have some fun. But other than that? Yeah, I basically agree with you.

We'll see how the game goes, but I doubt I'll be too impressed unless the game actually turns out to be good on release; that'll be the real test.

JT60564

Oct 19, 2020

People say "why bother?" but then freak out over not seeing anything about Elden Ring for a year, lol. I think sometimes it's worth just putting something out every once in a while to let fans know it's still in progress, especially when the company has been going through some shit recently.

Morten88

Dec 22, 2019
If this is just some concept art or a stupid CGI trailer, then im gonna be pissed... I really want to see some ingame stuff

May 19, 2020
People say "why bother?" but then freak out over not seeing anything about Elden Ring for a year, lol. I think sometimes it's worth just putting something out every once in a while to let fans know it's still in progress, especially when the company has been going through some shit recently.
yeah if there's anything that can temper fan anxiety about the fires over at bioware it's a trailer with absolutely fucking nothing in it lol

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Probably a dev diary. Too early to show actual gameplay, and I hope Bioware hasn't pouring their efforts into a fancy vertical slice demo that doesn't reflect what the final game will be (glares at Anthem). Would be too early for even the vertical slice in any case.

AWizardDidIt

Oct 28, 2017
Bioware seriously needs a win of some kind right now. I hope they have something good to show. Won't get my hopes up too high though.

God, can you believe that Dragon Age Inquisition was 6 years ago?

Oleander

Oct 25, 2017
I'll be happy if we can get an official game title so we can stop calling it Dragon Age 4.

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
PLEASE BRING BACK THE BLIGHT

Henrar

Nov 27, 2017
I don't trust BioWare and haven't trusted them since DA2. Hopefully this won't be BTS trailer.

Huntersknoll

Oct 25, 2017
Have faith.. they are going to pull a fallout and release the game in 6 months. Keeping saying it.. don't stop.

Lnds500

Oct 27, 2017

For reference, this is what we got for Inquisition in E3 2013 which was 1+ before release. We are probably closer to 2 years from release if 4 is aiming Holidays 2022 so I am not holding my breath for anything major.

Spork4000

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Is this going to be like when we saw anthem and mass effect andromeda before launch? I'm pretty sure both of those games had a combined 10 minutes of gameplay a month before their respective releases.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
Yes, I can't wait for another 10 minutes of people talking about concept art and a a render of a smoking tree.

Deleted member 6730

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Reminder that EA told its investors that DA4 is a late 2022 title at the earliest, so hold your expectations in check.

This strikes me as damage control from yesterday's announcement of Darrah and Hudson leaving.
Basically.

It's either going to be a CGI or the developers assuring its fine as the Bioware building burns.

Zeno

Oct 25, 2017
I think this should probably be at the least a cinematic trailer. I'm not sure what the game gains by having another 'This game is being made' trailer or more concept art.