• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Uh, how is this not in a Direct?
I'm thinking Capcom have some announcements already scheduled for the Direct (Resident Evil) and Dragon's Dogma either didn't make it in time for it or they didn't want it to get lost in the subsequent PR haze.

So basically I'm expecting a Direct for Thursday with the announcement for it tomorrow, and they announced Dragon's Dogma today so it actually gets some attention today when there is no other big news.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Oh wow I might actually be able to finish it on Switch.

Assuming I don't have too much to play already this year.

Lizardus

Oct 25, 2017
Yesss, hopefully DD2 is being worked on. Day 1 and finally trying out Warrior this time. Wonder if there will be a physical release in the west.

toutoune134

Nov 7, 2017
I think that we're going to see a lot of ports of games from 2013-2014, when they were still being released on PS3/360.

Bjones

Oct 30, 2017
Still won't be " mature " enough for some people. Lol
Holy shit, wow. I bought it for Xbox One on Black Friday and still haven't touched it, I probably would have waited had I known this. Slowish RPGs like this definitely shine on a handheld system.

The first half or so is definitely sllooooow. The game really shines about half way through when your party starts to get somewhat strong.

Arkai

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Woah, out of no where. Always wanted to play this, got it on my wish list on Steam.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Seriously though this is the type of game that should've been greenlit like, minutes after BotW started selling gangbusters. Not sure why this took 2 years.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Still won't be " mature " enough for some people. Lol

The first half or so is definitely sllooooow. The game really shines about half way through when your party starts to get somewhat strong.

Yeah, I only played a couple hours on X360. Enjoyed it but it was indeed slow. I can see myself playing something like this while watching TV or something.

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
Oh wow, I bought it on PS4 but never put much time in to it although I can see why people loved it. If the price is right I'll definitely jump in.

60fps

Banned
Dec 18, 2017
This game looks like an open world The Last Story, are they anything alike?
No not really. Imagine a mix of Monster Hunter, Skyrim and Dark Souls.

After playing the original on PS3 I would have bought the remaster for PS4 as well, but I felt the 30fps really hurt the game, and the PS4 version is 30fps as well.

Last edited:

GameShrink

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
It's a travesty that we live in a world where Dragon's Dogma isn't a lengthy franchise by now.

The MMO sucks, but the original game is the most underrated of all time. Give us a sequel already!!

raketenrolf

Oct 28, 2017
Germany
Finally. Didn't buy current gen version but will buy this one (I loved it on PS3 and own the PC version).

Once of last gens best games.

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
I'm the complete opposite, hated Bloodbborne and Dark Souls even more but loved Skyrim...would I enjoy this?
Imagine a really janky third rate Skyrim with a bland open world but with really great combat mechanics by the DMC3 team and enemy encounter design is something between Monster Hunter and Shadow of the Colossus.

It's the most diamond in the rough a game has ever been

logash

Oct 27, 2017
Hope performance is good. PS3 and 360 ran kind of bad. If it's like dark souls for switch it should be fine.

CaviarMeths

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Western Canada
I got bored of it fairly quickly on PS3 with its rather uninteresting open world and quest design. Combat was pretty alright though. Think I'll pass on this.

Wish Capcom was interested in making new games tailored for the hardware like they did on GBA, DS, and 3DS. So far it's just Mega Man 11.

Oct 27, 2017
Too bad I already have the game.

Too bad the online features won't be accessible while commuting for most people. Part of the fun was frequently changing your group with pawns from other users.

Also if this is 30fps thats a disgrace to the game, as someone who already played it in 4k at 60fps.