• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
Announced in the recently-released Dragalia Digest:

5BZVg4R.png

Guess Capcom crossovers are becoming a regular thing after Mega Man.

Last edited:

Squishy3

Oct 27, 2017
I hope it doesn't lock the coolest part of the event behind having an 18k might team and isn't recycled content outside of the Wily and Megaman fights like the Megaman event was.

TimeFire

Avenger
Nov 26, 2017
Brazil
I hope this is better than the Megaman one, I was pretty dissapointed with that one (outside of the amazing wyrmprint art)

sinonobu

Oct 25, 2017
I miss when Nintendo games had Nintendo collabs..... It's a good thing I stopped playing this game.

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
The leak that mentioned this event said that it had been in the works before the Mega Man one and that it would be bigger than it. The Mega Man collab disappointed me a lot so I hope this one is good.

I might end up coming back to the game, the fact that all the new content was becoming endgame/heavy grinders only turned me off it, but this digest looked great all over.

Refrain

Oct 27, 2017
It's not enough to bring me back to this game. Started playing since day one and spent a lot of money on this game but dropped it around the new high dragon challenges. Completely ruined the game for me.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Definitely interested in seeing what Rathalos will be like since he'll be the first collab welfare dragon we've gotten.

Sabin

Oct 25, 2017
It's not enough to bring me back to this game. Started playing since day one and spent a lot of money on this game but dropped it around the new high dragon challenges. Completely ruined the game for me.

dw you didn't miss out and it will only get worse once the 6* weapon grind arrives.

Cronogear

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Interesting. Hopefully it's better than the Mega Man event, which was just mediocre all around.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Hell yeah. The Mega Man event was solid, so nice to see another Capcom collab.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
If they do include fighting MH bosses, I bet we're crafting MH weapons from them, since that's already how we make Void and HDT weapons.

Oct 25, 2017
RATHALOS?! I mean, Megaman ended up being a crappy T4 freebie character, so I don't hold much hope for Rathalos having very good stats, but I am still totally grinding the hell out of my Wind team to get him.

woopWOOP

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Woah
Neat

Best part of DL for me are the cutscenes so here's hoping for some silly event story nonsense

woopWOOP

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
This was my hope for the Mega Man event, and well... :(
Yeah...
That was the first crossover event I had partaken in and I was surprised at how simple it was. I don't know how they did the Fire Emblem one before. All the other events have fun cutscenes so I expected about the same.
Atleast I didn't have to summon for Mega Man. Had saved up all the newbie wyrmite rewards so I could go ham, but only when the event was live I learned that wasn't necessary, lol.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
With Mega Man, they deliberately styled it to be as close to Mega Man 2 as possible, which had no cutscenes outside the intro. The game was literally intro scene -> fight bosses to get advantages for others -> fight Wily -> credits, and that was exactly how the event played as well. I'm assuming MH games generally have more interactions, and DL will try to emulate that instead.

Last edited:

Luigi87

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I enjoy that Rathalos is like the monster equivalent of Ryu. Crosses over into a ton of other games to fight.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
dw you didn't miss out and it will only get worse once the 6* weapon grind arrives.

Which is 6 hours from now.

But that also comes with new Void weapons that are better than 5.3s, and will be a much easier path to a decent level of strength for those that don't want to run high dragons or Agito.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I still need to look up a video for that one.

The big issue is that there was no story. Not only Megaman doesn't get any characters story, there was just a short prologue and ending mimicking the NES games. There were 5 short stages with tweaked dragons at the end all with a couple of new attacks mimicking Megaman bosses, then the completely new Willy and Megaman battles. However, with no story the event just didn't leave much of an impression.

In comparison, the Fire Emblem event also only had two unique bosses and both just reused playable characters with nothing like the Willy machine (Alfonse and Veronica) alongside a bunch of generic DL enemy knights, but it left a much stronger impression due to the event (and all playable characters added alongside it) having full story just like actual DL characters. I really don't get how they thought that minimalist style was a good idea.

Actually, it might be getting better. It seems like the Agito stuff will be more tied to the Void weapons, especially the ones from the Chimera battles. So HDT might end up being a completely separate line from these new bosses.

With Mega Man, they deliberately styled it to be as close to Mega Man 2 as possible, which had no cutscenes outside the intro. The game was literally intro scene -> fight bosses to get advantages for others -> fight Wily -> credits, and that was exactly how the event played as well. I'm assuming MH games generally have more interactions, and DL will try to emulate that instead.

Monster Hunter generally has a guild person giving missions and pre-boss animations, but it's really not a story heavy game either. I really hope they don't just throw in a menu mimicking the ones where you choose quests with the mission background descriptions and stop there. It makes no sense - and it's not like the FE event was as lacking in story as FE Heroes itself is.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
I mean that part would've been fine with me if Megaman had an actual set of adventurer stories.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Are all these characters playable in the game's real time combat?

What characters? But, yeah, all announced characters in that video are playable (dragons are temporary transformations though and Rathalos likely will be one of those), although characters generally have generic movesets depending on their weapon types, only having unique special attacks/skills. A couple of them have unique attacks though. Megaman from the last collab was fully unique, reusing nothing from any other character and even having an exclusive "dragon" transformation replacement (Rush Jet).

Last edited:

Bit_Reactor

Banned
Apr 9, 2019
It's a shame that the Megaman Event wasn't nearly as fantastic as the Fire Emblem event was, but I'm willing to give them another shot.