• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Aero

Oct 27, 2017
I'm pretty sure Tiki was 0.8% on her original banner so it's worse if (like me) she's the one you need.

Mr. Virus

Oct 27, 2017
Yello thread.

Decided to jump back in after a few months away. Has there been any major changes since Decemberish last year that I should be aware about? Any massive meta changes?

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Going to spark on this banner for sure. Already got Chrom (and a dupe Tiki) from singles. If I get to spark without both Veronica and Fjorm, I'll go for the former, but I'm hoping I can end up with both...

Aero

Oct 27, 2017
I take back all my complaints about them not splitting the Fire Emblem banners again.
4igAXbo.jpg

Got Tiki as my one and only five star in 60 summons by using all the tickets from the FE event re-runs and exhausting the adventurer/dragon stories and hard/very hard campaign quests I hadn't done to get more wyrmite.
Considering she was the only one of the six focus characters I needed, I'm convinced that cygames saw that my account stopped playing the game until the Persona event after going in hard on her previous banner and not getting her and threw me a bone so I didn't ragequit again.

Vilifier

Oct 25, 2017
Yello thread.

Decided to jump back in after a few months away. Has there been any major changes since Decemberish last year that I should be aware about? Any massive meta changes?
Welcome back!

Since December 2020:
  • Morsayati Reckoning was added. It was the first new quest to give materials that can augment weapons/dragons and upgrade facilities further. Trials of the Mighty rotating quests now also give these materials plus materials to unbind certain spirals (G!Elisanne, N!Aeleen, G!Ranzal, G!Prince, G!Alex, Y!Cassandra)
  • Notte's Notes were added; it gives bonus stats for how many unique adventurers/dragons you have summoned and how extra bonuses based on how many upgrades they have unlocked.
  • Sinister Dominion quests were released. These new quests let you add two more wymprint slots to your weapons. The new wymprint slots use specific wyrmprints dropped from Sinister Dominion quests.
  • Sinister Dominion and the Mighty Trials introduced Nihility. It's a special debuff that removes or nullifies certain adventurer abilities like Grace's Life Shield. DragaliaLost.Wiki outlines the General and Unique abilities that were affected.
  • For what's meta; you can look through DragaliAuto for a list of auto-team comps. I don't play multiplayer outside of Event Raids; so I'm not sure which adventurers lobbies are looking for.

Roubjon

Oct 25, 2017
I started playing this two days ago and really enjoy it so far. I've been casually into Granblue Fantasy for 2 years, so it's all very familiar, but I appreciate the diablo-lite elements of it. Plus it's got a really nice art style in general (both 2d and 3d). I probably fucked up my initial draws, but I'm not someone who usually re-rolls forever, so I'm cool with it.

Any beginner tips you'd recommend?

Mr. Virus

Oct 27, 2017
Welcome back!

Since December 2020:
  • Morsayati Reckoning was added. It was the first new quest to give materials that can augment weapons/dragons and upgrade facilities further. Trials of the Mighty rotating quests now also give these materials plus materials to unbind certain spirals (G!Elisanne, N!Aeleen, G!Ranzal, G!Prince, G!Alex, Y!Cassandra)
  • Notte's Notes were added; it gives bonus stats for how many unique adventurers/dragons you have summoned and how extra bonuses based on how many upgrades they have unlocked.
  • Sinister Dominion quests were released. These new quests let you add two more wymprint slots to your weapons. The new wymprint slots use specific wyrmprints dropped from Sinister Dominion quests.
  • Sinister Dominion and the Mighty Trials introduced Nihility. It's a special debuff that removes or nullifies certain adventurer abilities like Grace's Life Shield. DragaliaLost.Wiki outlines the General and Unique abilities that were affected.
  • For what's meta; you can look through DragaliAuto for a list of auto-team comps. I don't play multiplayer outside of Event Raids; so I'm not sure which adventurers lobbies are looking for.

Sweet, cheers for that! Noticed the G!Alex stuff but wasn't sure if they rotated so good to know there. Will have a read of the rest :).

Vena

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I started playing this two days ago and really enjoy it so far. I've been casually into Granblue Fantasy for 2 years, so it's all very familiar, but I appreciate the diablo-lite elements of it. Plus it's got a really nice art style in general (both 2d and 3d). I probably fucked up my initial draws, but I'm not someone who usually re-rolls forever, so I'm cool with it.

Any beginner tips you'd recommend?

Check out the beginner's guide on the wiki: Beginner's Guide - Dragalia Lost Wiki

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
Okay I think my account is cursed. I never got anyone but Fjorm on the original FE run and the second run. Now on the third run I do three 10x pulls and get two Fjorms and nothing else...

Ekid

Dec 21, 2017
I was only after the second event units so of course desire sensor kicked in and gave me Marth, Fjorm and Vero in 100 pulls while I had to spark for Tiki.

MicH

Oct 25, 2017
Next 10 pull got me Peony, nice. Only missing Tiki and Chrom (who I don't really care about) but Tiki would be really nice for the Trial of Mars coming tomorrow. Only 5* dagger I have is Mitsuba, missing all the others (Tiki, HuMerc, DY!Cleo).

Hopefully it'll still be doable. Y!Cass' spiral looks good.

Otter

Oct 27, 2017
I was waiting to use my dream summon to see how Yukata Cassandra's spiral would look, since I don't have any overdamage shared skills. I was planning on Lapis, but now I'm not sure since Cassandra seems pretty awesome... at least there's still a while left to decide!

I was hoping to see how helpful either of them would be for legend twins but it will probably debut the day after dream summon ends.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Finally got Chrom and Peony after missing them last year. Had to go for the 300 rolls in order to get Peony though. Still, now I don't have to live in permanent fear of having no resources when this banner returned.

SJUG

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
United States
Only wanted Veronica, and I did after 158 pulls and getting every other FE unit + Ilia and Lea. Got me psyched.
Time to save for Monika and Narmaya

Playing on a new account, and was wondering when events get a rerun. I like Kuzunoha's design, but her event was right at the start of the year.

Last edited:

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
Got Veronica after my first 10 fold voucher, yay. I dont have the funds to go after the other characters so I'll stop while I'm ahead.

Vena

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I was waiting to use my dream summon to see how Yukata Cassandra's spiral would look, since I don't have any overdamage shared skills. I was planning on Lapis, but now I'm not sure since Cassandra seems pretty awesome... at least there's still a while left to decide!

I was hoping to see how helpful either of them would be for legend twins but it will probably debut the day after dream summon ends.

It's a very good spiral.

Parshias

Oct 25, 2017
The TAs today was the first time I had done Master Ciella in co-op since the fight came out.

...and it reminded me why I hadn't done the fight in co-op since it came out.

jasno416

Oct 29, 2017
The lead AI is dumb as bricks in this Master Mars fight. Sits there and eats attacks and has a weird obsession with those mana cylinders.

I've only managed to full auto it twice out of like 20 attempts lol with Jiang Ziya (lead), Mitsuba, HuMerc and Tiki (damage MVP).

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
...shit, I knew there was something I forgot to do last night after grinding out the rest of the event points. Didn't get that Master Cthonius title. I guess that'll probably be there when it cycles back around...? Welp.

Articalys

Oct 25, 2017
How good even are the FE characters now, considering the amount that's changed in the game since the last time they were available?

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
How good even are the FE characters now, considering the amount that's changed in the game since the last time they were available?
Marth is still useful for some speedrun strategies due to the skill activation when low hp, although his general use/damage lags behind other adventurers now. He's still good though (causes burn with s1, speed boost with s2), just not top tier. He makes a good AI adventurer too. Tiki is a good AI adventurer and also now shines in Nihil content due to her divine dragon form. Peony has the unique light damage co-ability. Veronica still has top tier damage for shadow, but she's pretty much phased out from Nihil content since that relies on her being low hp, and with nihil she won't have shields to keep her alive.

Vena

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
dragalialost.com

Dragalia Lost | Nintendo

Thank you for playing the Dragalia Lost game.Service for Dragalia Lost ended on Tuesday, November 29, 2022 (Pacific Time).

Version Update info. Mostly QoL this month centering around cleaning up the UI on the Halidom and making it much easier to manage/upgrade (which is nice for newer players). They're also adding the completion medals for fights for adventurers for collecting purposes. Mana Circle auto unlocks too.

Halidom Level 11 as well, which frees up the last bit of space.

On the original FE banner I pulled enough to spark 2-3 times. Final score was Marth: 0, Fjorm: 0, Veronica: 14.

I know the feeling.

Oof, this is why I am glad these old horror story days are done now that we can spark.

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
The game went into full troll mode for me. I summoned Naveed, Xander, and Annalie at least three times each. At least I got my revenge the next year when I was chasing Peony. I managed to pull 14 5*, including all of the FE characters in only 100 summons.

Oh wow gratz, I'm happy you eventually got them all! A friend of mine finally also got Chrom and Tiki so he broke the curse aswell. Maybe I'm next 😭

Articalys

Oct 25, 2017
I still use Alfonse, Fjorm, Tiki, and Veronica quite a bit. All the first run characters have gotten spirals to keep them useful.
Marth is still useful for some speedrun strategies due to the skill activation when low hp, although his general use/damage lags behind other adventurers now. He's still good though (causes burn with s1, speed boost with s2), just not top tier. He makes a good AI adventurer too. Tiki is a good AI adventurer and also now shines in Nihil content due to her divine dragon form. Peony has the unique light damage co-ability. Veronica still has top tier damage for shadow, but she's pretty much phased out from Nihil content since that relies on her being low hp, and with nihil she won't have shields to keep her alive.
So are they better than the current top-tier characters for Fire/Water/Shadow or not? Peony I don't really care as much about since Persona Sophie seems to provide a budget version of that coability, though she's worse at active support.

Parshias

Oct 25, 2017
dragalialost.com

Dragalia Lost | Nintendo

Thank you for playing the Dragalia Lost game.Service for Dragalia Lost ended on Tuesday, November 29, 2022 (Pacific Time).

Version Update info. Mostly QoL this month centering around cleaning up the UI on the Halidom and making it much easier to manage/upgrade (which is nice for newer players). They're also adding the completion medals for fights for adventurers for collecting purposes. Mana Circle auto unlocks too.

Halidom Level 11 as well, which frees up the last bit of space.

Interesting tidbit from the facility change: the update storehouse now has an extra category: Other. And notably it has a marker in the preview image that shows there is something new. Are we getting a new facility alongside the update? Could the facility that comes with the next event be something other than an adventurer stat boost?

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
So are they better than the current top-tier characters for Fire/Water/Shadow or not? Peony I don't really care as much about since Persona Sophie seems to provide a budget version of that coability, though she's worse at active support.
Not really. Aside from the Marth speedrun strategies they all can be replaced by other characters without any issue by this point.

Vena

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I'm gathering some data, just out of curiosity after Day 1, of who's run TA Ranked, feel free to vote: https://www.strawpoll.me/45297089

Interesting tidbit from the facility change: the update storehouse now has an extra category: Other. And notably it has a marker in the preview image that shows there is something new. Are we getting a new facility alongside the update? Could the facility that comes with the next event be something other than an adventurer stat boost?

Might just be dev client stuff. Who knows. But it is curious they are expanding it now!

Articalys

Oct 25, 2017
Even just trying to play the game casually, having to do anything with coop is an exercise in frustration. Any game that relies so heavily on that as part of its core structure probably just isn't for me.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Even just trying to play the game casually, having to do anything with coop is an exercise in frustration. Any game that relies so heavily on that as part of its core structure probably just isn't for me.
Almost everything can be done solo now though (with reduced stats compared to the co-op version). The only exceptions are raid events.

Jive Turkey

Oct 25, 2017
I fully agree. I hate co-op for the late game fights and pretty much refuse to do them. Fortunately, the 2.0 update made it completely optional and, outside of raids, I play everything solo.

Articalys

Oct 25, 2017
Almost everything can be done solo now though (with reduced stats compared to the co-op version). The only exceptions are raid events.
I fully agree. I hate co-op for the late game fights and pretty much refuse to do them. Fortunately, the 2.0 update made it completely optional and, outside of raids, I play everything solo.
Easy to say, but the AI just seems terminally stupid whenever I try something something on solo, and even with higher HP totals, having four people able to dragon at the same time makes it feel way, way faster to play co-op when things go smoothly.

Vena

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Ultimately, people being able to coordinate and game the system will be the best route for sheer efficiency and speed, because that's just the nature of it. AI will be limited as will player tools in solo but it has much less HP to deal with and mechanics are simplified.

Articalys

Oct 25, 2017
Ultimately, people being able to coordinate and game the system will be the best route for sheer efficiency and speed, because that's just the nature of it. AI will be limited as will player tools in solo but it has much less HP to deal with and mechanics are simplified.
The real problem seems to be that even those reduced stats and simplified mechanics aren't enough to compensate for how blunderingly stupid the AI can be if left on full auto. I had put together a solo team that I could use under manual control to somewhat comfortably clear Jaldabaoth Standard, but trying to let the exact same team auto the same quest got everyone killed. Given how farming-heavy this game is, the amount of labor needed to get to the point where you can get a stable farming setup that can sustain itself feel disproportionate, especially depending on your available character selection.

Aero

Oct 27, 2017
I was thinking I would save for a bit after the Fire Emblem revival, but if the next showcase is Gun Sarisse and Gala Mascula I may have to summon anyway.

Jive Turkey

Oct 25, 2017
I've been meaning to ask for two years now, but what's the name of the piano piece that plays through dramatic reveals and emotional scenes?