• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
They make some really boneheaded decisions sometimes. Is the game officially available in Brazil? Or are you playing in a roundabout way?
I had to install it with an US iOS account (which I already had back from the mid 2000s when it was easy to get one without an actual US address; it's hell nowadays).

That was my primary account for ages, but I switched over to a Brazilian account once our currency started to plummet, and now I literally can't give them money anymore.

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone

Some random thoughts on the survey results (copy/pasted from Discord):

• Gala Mym's back with a vengeance
• Eugene getting more votes than Catherine and Pinon for new water adventurers is really surprising
• A lot of the new adventurers debuted crazy low, notably SJoe with 12 (!) votes and Mordecai with a paltry 8 votes (although he had the unfortunate timing of joining the game a few days after the survey went up)
• OG Melody is over twice as popular as Velody
• Ssinoa got more votes than the 3 other new wind adventurers combined
• Rodrigo is the first adventurer to get 0 votes, and Kindling Imp / Wellspring Imp are the first dragons to get 0 votes (RIP)
• Vaddis is the new (old) Hawk
• Audric came out of nowhere to claim the #1 most-wanted mana spiral (probably thanks mostly to the Fractured Futures re-run)
• Kitty edged out Shinobi by just one vote for #1 shadow dragon
• If you see any formatting errors please let me know

Thanks to all who participated! 🙏

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I had intended to use ten single tickets before my free multi to build up the pity, and got Gala Poseidon on my ninth ticket. Well okay then. Afterwards did my free multi and got nothing, so there's that. I'll probably just stick with the daily tenfolds from here on out, unless Lapis is super strong.

BTW, I'm not sure if it's an error or whatever, but I noticed Elisanne's VA (in Japanese) coughs in her first line of dialogue in Chapter 4 of the event. I don't know if it was intended or what, but it seems strange for her to cough when there's really nothing going on to warrant that. It might have slipped in accidentally and they just decided to roll with it.

Whoa. WHOA. WHOOOA!! No way, absolutely no way. Bella...WAS LAPIS!? I am shocked. SHOCKED! I need time to recover after that unveil. There's not a single person on the planet who could have seen that coming. What a surprise.

On a more serious note, the event was fun and I seriously didn't expect that little animated cutscene to play during the opera. I need a Dragalia Lost anime now, damn it!

Last edited:

Vilifier

Oct 25, 2017
Dragalia Lost Director Yuji Okada Responds to Player Feedback (from October 25, 2020)

The comments introducing the "please make more content for high-difficulty players only" feedback:
I'm just glad Legend-difficulty won't cause another player strength rift and is mostly for bragging rights.
Yuji Okada said:
Clearing these quests will not lead to a large spike in might, but as previously mentioned in the October edition of This Month in Dragalia Lost, players will be able to alter the appearance of their Agito weapons using materials dropped from Legend-difficulty quests, giving them visually appealing effects.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Sucks that Lapis came out on a day that the water chimera is not available lol

MicH

Oct 25, 2017
Had to go all the way to the 9% pity rate guarantee to finally get a 5* and there were two. At least it was Gala Poseidon and the other was Ezelith. Was excited when I saw the dagger hoping for a surprise Gala Laxi, but I'll take Ezelith too. Didn't have her

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Wow, I didn't know that there are two Sunstones available in the current Battle Royale, I thought it was just the Champion Testaments to worry about. They didn't appear until I purchased the aforementioned Champion Testaments. >_<

Here's hoping I can grind enough before it ends in an hour!

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
But aren't the rewards refreshed when Season 0 ends?

Oh wait, those particular rewards are available until 12/31? That makes things easier, haha.

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
Yeah, the only thing changing at reset is that instead of BR being open 24/7, it'll only be open two days a week until the end of the year. The end date you see on the main BR page is just for the 24/7 availability.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Sounds good! I'll have to grab that final Sunlight Stone (managed to grab one of them earlier) before the end of the year though, along with a handful of the skins as well (even though those will be remaining, so I'm in no rush for that). It's kind of funny though, how BR is basically "die as fast as you can for tokens". Maybe they'll make Season One better for drops in higher places, so it actually encourages you to play.

Vilifier

Oct 25, 2017
I pulled Gala Mym!

All those Wyrmite stashes brought to zero chasing after her and she randomly comes home on a pity-building single pull. I even sparked for H!Mym a couple weeks ago because I gave up on ever pulling G!Mym. Now to try out some 4xG!Mym eVolk cheese.

Razmos

Oct 28, 2017
I pulled Gala Mym!

All those Wyrmite stashes brought to zero chasing after her and she randomly comes home on a pity-building single pull. I even sparked for H!Mym a couple weeks ago because I gave up on ever pulling G!Mym. Now to try out some 4xG!Mym eVolk cheese.
Grats! Enjoy the power

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
Pulled Chelsea and Kagutsuchi dupes during todays tenfold. It's always nice getting 5* dragon dupes.

I had to install it with an US iOS account (which I already had back from the mid 2000s when it was easy to get one without an actual US address; it's hell nowadays).

That was my primary account for ages, but I switched over to a Brazilian account once our currency started to plummet, and now I literally can't give them money anymore.

Damn, thats a bummer. It really doesn't make sense to me from a developer point of view. The app stores already handle currency exchanges so its just Nintendo being obstinate and leaving money on the table for no reason.

I pulled Gala Mym!

Congrats!

Razmos

Oct 28, 2017
Gala Poseidons dragon form hits like a wet noodle, not worth transforming at all

Ekid

Dec 21, 2017
Tomorrow is This Month in Dragalia day so i guess we will get the new information from the anniversary celebration:
dragalialost.com

Dragalia Lost | Nintendo

An action RPG that brings together humans and dragons!

I know some people are expecting a collab but I can't see why they wouldn't have announced it in the Digest.

Parshias

Oct 25, 2017
I think we might get a Digest in November, which would be where the bigger news is from. We know Legend Agito is coming late November, but we don't know anything about the post-Agito endgame beyond a single line from the last Digest. You would assume the next endgame would come in December or January. I don't think that's the kind of thing to just toss out in a regular news post so that would point to a Digest. Maybe they want to have Digests more often than every six months.

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
I implore anyone who wasn't around for the Clawful Caper event to not skip over its story if they haven't read it yet. I think it was the only event where I laughed my head off multiple times thanks to its goofy cast (especially Hanabusa). It's some of the most hilarious content this game has ever given us, imo.
Is this how the game always is? There has literally been an event running 24/7 since I started playing at the anniversary. Do players never get any time to breathe?
There used to be gaps of a few days between events but they stopped doing that a long time ago. Personally I wouldn't mind if they brought that back since we have so much more permanent endgame content nowadays to keep us busy outside of limited events.
Notable, this does not call out anything about if players who missed the events will be able to get Audric or Mordecai, which makes me worried that past welfare characters are well and truly lost to new players if they don't have reruns.
Both of those characters are super important to Dragalia lore so I'll be shocked if they aren't recruitable once their events are added to the compendium.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
If they give you facilities from the facility events, they're going to give you the characters from the raid events. They've never been stingy about that stuff.

Just expect less rewards from the endeavors vs a rerun and probably a very reduced/finite Blazion box. And similarly Mordecai might not have free upgrades, but I guess that'd require redoing a decent number of endeavors so they might still keep that anyway.

OtterMatic

Oct 25, 2017
There used to be a "break" between events every month where instead of an event, they had a limited void endeavors week.

Pancoar

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I miss the void endeavors. Would be nice to have some right about now since I need so many void weapon upgrades.

Kumubou

Oct 25, 2017
I think the Defense events are also kind of intended as a break, as the rewards from them generally take fairly little effort to get. Events also generally go long enough that, assuming that you were doing the event from the start, you should have a few days at the end to do other stuff. (I know I'm at 850k points in the ladder now with a week left, and just doing the daily missions from here on out should give me enough points and items to get everything in the shop and clear the points ladder.)

Also, the game does give you a fair bit of stamina items to use. Don't be afraid to use them on 2x Dragon Trial or 2x Imperial Onslaught or 2x Void missions, as 3x DT/IO events are rare and I don't think they've ever done 3x Void.

That's just how most mobile games are, though -- CyGames in particular runs all of their games (Granblue, Deresute, PriConne, etc.) with very tight event schedules.

Vilifier

Oct 25, 2017
Yuji Okada said:
Please note that in the interest of maintaining game balance, Legend-difficulty quests may only be undertaken by teams of a certain element. For Volk's Wrath: Legend, only teams of flame-attuned adventurers may be used.
So you won't be able to bring Mitsuba, Marth, Veronica, H!Lowen or Grace into every Legend Agito. I'm kind of surprised they didn't implement this restriction sooner.

I wonder how solo Legend Agito will be now that I can't have Grace on every team.

Ekid

Dec 21, 2017
I think we might get a Digest in November, which would be where the bigger news is from. We know Legend Agito is coming late November, but we don't know anything about the post-Agito endgame beyond a single line from the last Digest. You would assume the next endgame would come in December or January. I don't think that's the kind of thing to just toss out in a regular news post so that would point to a Digest. Maybe they want to have Digests more often than every six months.
We did get a (short) digest at the end of December last year, and now that the new end-game boss are confirmed for next year we'll probably get one this December as well.

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
I enjoyed the end of the event. I'm glad there was a little twist to it.

Love that I was praising Euden for his wisdom and intelligence early on in the event, only to find out
it was actually Lapis giving all that sound advice lol. Even Karina was like yeah there's no way Euden is capable of dropping that knowledge.

kiich

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Jan 2, 2018
I enjoyed the end of the event. I'm glad there was a little twist to it.

Love that I was praising Euden for his wisdom and intelligence early on in the event, only to find out
it was actually Lapis giving all that sound advice lol. Even Karina was like yeah there's no way Euden is capable of dropping that knowledge.
This is very funny, I remember reading that part and telling my friends it was the second time ever I enjoyed a scene with Euden.
Turns out, it wasn't him!

Dustlander

Dec 25, 2017
Brazil
I've been impossibly lucky with this banner while chasing Lapis. I didn't get her (yet), but without even going into my Wyrmite stash, the 3 free summons, 40 single tickets and 4 Tenfold tickets gave me:

- Nefaria, Summer Cleo, Gala Leif (!!!) and Gala Laxi (!!!!!!)
- Two Reborn Poseidon's
- My first time getting several dragons: Nimis, Azazel, Shinobi and the Journey to the West lady
- Merges for Long Long (3UB) and Konohana Sakuya (2UB)

So while it has been very dragon heavy, I didn't get a single dupe adventurer yet which is great. I don't plan on using Cleo and Nefaria, but Gala Leif and Laxi were wonderful surprises, and honestly, after all the free summons and tickets it will only take around 15k Wyrmite to spark for Lapis, so I might consider it. Really want her and it won't hurt my Wyrmite stash too much.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Now that we know that the "news in the beginning of November" from the anniversary wasn't actually referencing the "This month in Dragalia Lost", but rather a separate announcement that's coming this month, then this is looking more and more likely.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I know it's only been a few weeks since the Anniversary ended, but:

I STILL get chills. Just thinking back to the battle and when the lyrics cut in, and the "ELYYYYYYYSIUM!!!!" scream. So. Good.

MicH

Oct 25, 2017
Gala Leif from my free daily, wow.- Very unexpected. I think the only Gala characters I'm missing now are Laxi and Mym

retrobotjr

Jan 10, 2018
There used to be a "break" between events every month where instead of an event, they had a limited void endeavors week.
Man I absolutely hated these lol. The break from events was nice but the endeavors took over the game entirely, stuff like "Get 50 clears of Void Agni" and 4-5 others just like it in the span of a week.

Mr. Virus

Oct 27, 2017
The void endeavors were kinda padding that could be autoed really quickly/skipped if you had teams set up, but also some decent bank.

I miss them :(.

Vilifier

Oct 25, 2017
I accidentally treasure traded all my Void leaves (and Astral Shards) for Mana yesterday so I could actually go for some Void Endeavours. Never treasure trade before having your first daily coffee.

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
Keep getting 5* adventurer dupes. Wish I was getting dragons instead.

This is very funny, I remember reading that part and telling my friends it was the second time ever I enjoyed a scene with Euden.
Turns out, it wasn't him!

Poor Euden, even Cygames is like "don't expect too much out of him".

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
I accidentally treasure traded all my Void leaves (and Astral Shards) for Mana yesterday so I could actually go for some Void Endeavours. Never treasure trade before having your first daily coffee.

The former I have absolutely done in the past and it sucks, it shouldn't be in that tab even if I get why they do it that way. I am not even touching the monthly mana rn to be safe.

the latter... well I've forgotten to do Astrals for 3 weeks in a row (even opened the room search last night but got distracted and then went to do weeklies when the app restarted later...), but that's a different problem

Vilifier

Oct 25, 2017
The former I have absolutely done in the past and it sucks, it shouldn't be in that tab even if I get why they do it that way. I am not even touching the monthly mana rn to be safe.
They should absolutely be under a separate tab. I did it first with the Astral Shards and Gold Crystals then thought "Why don't they separate it out like the Void Treasure Trade"? Then I completely missed that unlimited Mana and Rupies are under the Monthly Tab and not the Materials Tab.

I would have been ok had I exchanged those 5k+ leaves for Rupies instead of Mana. At least that would have helped with the 6T2 grind. I'm sure I'll find a use for my 40M mana someday.

Xavi

Oct 27, 2017
Lightning for Smash
My free pulls have been absolutely terrible this gala. I don't really mind since I'm good with my GnC and don't particularly care for Lapis. When Okarina drops though...

MicH

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, I can't believe my luck on this banner. Yesterday I got Gala Leif and today I got Gala Mym, one of the two remaining Galas I was missing. Amazing. Only Laxi left now.

I didn't get Lapis but I'm okay with that. Hopefully I'll get her in the future

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Got two gala poseidon with my free draws + 40 extra draws, so I'm pretty happy with this banner.

mockingbird

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
had to do 300 draws to gala poseidon. draw #300 ended up being it. I ended up trading in sigils for a 2nd copy. Anddd in the end it doesn't seem that great either compared to leviathan. I got Lapis 2x as well.

I'm running out of gold. My void seed stash is gonna be gone soon. I run 4 gold dragons whenever I can too. Not sure how wise it is to spend money on creating more Agito weapons at this time for me considering Tautarus is coming soon as well as Legend mode Volk.

We need a better way to earn money again.