• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Ekid

Dec 21, 2017
Since I have some stamina to spare I finally went to have a look at the event compendium. I didn't expect the progression for previously cleared event to have been reset so that was a nice surprise.

My spare copies of the event prints seems to have disappeared though so that's a little annoying. Probably because they were at 0UB.

Vamphuntr

Oct 25, 2017
This is always the gacha game I'm most lucky with. Pulled all the new Halloween characters in the gala event and also pulled all the dragon from the even before. I was gone for a while so now I'm preparing for the Agito battles to craft their weapons. Currently farming the chimera battles on Auto-Repeat for mats. My characters are strong enough to win on auto and I have over 500 big honey pots.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I dont have any room in my water team for Karina but I just unlocked her level 4 skillshare for Mym and yes, I see the hype.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks all -- will read through everything and start trying to put the pieces together. Definitely already see some common themes and recommendations though.

One point I noticed -- for the number of characters that really need the Mana Spiral to hit their stride, that's going to probably wind up being a much longer term thing since you need several void seeds and a ton of eldwater per character. In general I probably don't even have enough resources to push more than two or three characters overall to 50, let alone beyond that.

I guess I should probably call out which 5* dragons I have (base unbind unless noted), since some of them do have more unique abilities/niches that might influence which characters would work well together with them:

Fire - Apollo, Sakuya

Water - Siren (2/4), Gaibhne

Wind - Siren (2/4), Mid Zero (1/4), Erasumus (1/4)

Light - Pop Siren

Shadow - Epimetheus, Azazel, Cat Sith
I don't believe there is a wind Siren. Also Erasumus is fire.

Otter

Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone have a reliable auto mHBH team they could share?
OYUtBvr.jpg
This is the team I stole from somewhere, but can't remember where. It uses 3 gold fafnirs on the first 3, and GNC on Karina. Order of the characters is important as the first three die during Grand X but Karina should survive and finish it solo. Patia and Halloween Lowen shared skills.

Vilifier

Oct 25, 2017
The other aspect to teambuilding that I'm trying to work through is the complexities of how to deal with your AI-controlled backline in solo play. While they enjoy some defensive advantages and can contribute to drawing aggro, it feels like their attack rate is much lower than the player's so they build up skill gauge more slowly and activate them as soon as they're ready, which can mess with strategy. What's the right way to plan around that sort of thing?

For co-op, of course, it's much more straightforward -- the lead character is the only one who really matters and the three others on the team are only picked for their co-abilities.

Also: does using skip tickets give you less rewards than if you'd played the quest manually, or are drop rates just terrible enough for void battles in general that it seems like it?
AI will 5-Combo normally and constantly force strike when an enemy is in OverDrive. They should be building up their skills at a normal rate. If an AI is afflicted, they can be locked from using their skills until they recover.

You'll want to start building not just teams by their element, but by their affliction resistance. I have one solo team made to resist each of the following: Fire (Stun/Sleep), Water (Burn/Stun), Wind (Bog/Freeze), Light (Curse/Poison) and Shadow (Paralysis/Blindness). It's one of the reasons Gala adventurers are so sought after since many of them resist both their element's afflictions and are easier to slot into a team. There are a handful of non-adventurers that are dual resistant; Elisanne and Luca with their Mana Circle / Templar Hope and Ilia without needing a Mana Circle. Starting off you won't have a full team that can resist each element; so I would try to build each team with who you have and slot in new adventurers with the needed resistance as you summon them.

Another aspect of team building is just keeping the AI alive. It has always been a challenge in Dragalia Lost. Auto strategies are built around the fact that the AI isn't smart enough to keep themselves alive.

The strategy I always use is giving each team member the "Odd Sparrows" Wyrmprints for extra health regen and having one team member be able to trigger it with a defense buff. Ideally you'd want an adventurer that can quickly trigger a defense skill on their first skill like Ryozen, Patia, or Templar Hope. For now you can use either 3* Jakob or Cleo who give a defense buff on their second skill.

For skip tickets; I believe the only items you'd lose out on would be rare enemy drops. The skip tickets assume you didn't kill a rare mob.

Oct 25, 2017
I got Akasha early, but Melsa never came and I had to do a full 300 pulls and spark her. I'm now down to a mere 19k wyrmite after that.

Vilifier

Oct 25, 2017
After all the the times I went broke trying to pull either G!Mym or H!Mym; I decided to go all in again with my remaining Wyrmite. I was hoping to get H!Melsa along the way, but she never appeared.

Now I'm broke again, which is the norm when I try to summon for Mym. But at least I finally have her thanks to sparking:

EDIT: Got my first clear solo mVolk using H!Mym/Euden/H!Lowen/Grace.

Last edited:

Meeps

3D animator
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Are Melsa and Akasha limited like the other Halloween units? I couldn't find in the banner details. I have 100k left, but we're entering the time of year where they drop all the limited banners in a row...

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
Are Melsa and Akasha limited like the other Halloween units? I couldn't find in the banner details. I have 100k left, but we're entering the time of year where they drop all the limited banners in a row...

Yes.

"

Newly-added limited-time featured adventurers:
■Adventurers
5★ Halloween Melsa (wind/lance)
5★ Halloween Akasha (water/blade)
"

dragalialost.com

Dragalia Lost | Nintendo

Thank you for playing the Dragalia Lost game.Service for Dragalia Lost ended on Tuesday, November 29, 2022 (Pacific Time).

Vilifier

Oct 25, 2017
Yup, H!Akasha and H!Melsa are limited. They might pop up again later this month like S!Patia and S!Mikoto did after their Gala ended, but there's no guarantee. Nevermind, they weren't rate up on those following Summer Showcases.

Last edited:

Vamphuntr

Oct 25, 2017
This is the team I stole from somewhere, but can't remember where. It uses 3 gold fafnirs on the first 3, and GNC on Karina. Order of the characters is important as the first three die during Grand X but Karina should survive and finish it solo. Patia and Halloween Lowen shared skills.

W-W-Wait you can equip the same wyrmprint on more than one character!?

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Yup, H!Akasha and H!Melsa are limited. They might pop up again later this month like S!Patia and S!Mikoto did after their Gala ended, but there's no guarantee. Nevermind, they weren't rate up on those following Summer Showcases.

To be fair, the summer units aren't limited so it didn't particularly matter that there wasn't another rate up.

I am kinda weirded out by how short this banner is when limited banners have always had a decent length in the past, and that'd make me think we'd see them again, but the event is over today too so... I'm not sure what to make of it.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Oh man I've been using Bellina wrong, I didnt realise you could stay in Dragondrive consistently by managing your gauge properly and not overusing her S1. Expert Kai Yan is melting even faster now lol

Parshias

Oct 25, 2017
With double drops going I've managed to finish farming Volk, getting all the weapon bonuses while having enough materials left over to make the manacaster when it comes out. There's one more day of double drops for Volk in week and I think I'll just do Expert runs with my natural getherwings to get a bit of extra materials rather than doing any major farming.

My Kai Yan materials situation is in a similar place as my Volk situation was, so I should be able to finish him up as well. I've already more or less gotten all the HDT materials I need to get all the weapon bonuses for those weapons and all the Orichalcum I should need as well. There's still plenty of Void Battles farming to be done (even for HDT weapons as I'm short on hearts) and then the wait to get through the Core weapons as we get more Twinkling Sands.

Kumubou

Oct 25, 2017
Can anyone tell all those Lowens that they need to step on the green ones
That's one reason I run Gala Laxi in Volk, I know I can just step on them all and not care. Someone's probably getting mad that I'm taking their buff, but I would rather not trust randos with actually getting that right (since someone screwing that up usually means at least one person is dying).

Vilifier

Oct 25, 2017
Does that mean I would want slightly different formations for manual vs. auto solo play? And in general, are you saying I should form the backline with more regard for support skills than for helping with damage?

I do think one thing I forgot to take into consideration was that, when playing a quest manually, my lead character under player control is attacking at a much faster rate than the AI and probably "stealing" the hits that the AI needs to fill up skill gauges.
Yup. I'll create different team formations to use different playstyles; it's the thing I love most about the game.

Most of my setups will have one Support Adventurer on the team. Taking a look at Elisanne; her maxed Co-ability will increase your team's HP by 15% and her Skill 1 will increase your team's Strength by 20% for 15 seconds without unlocking her Mana Spiral. That combination of strength/HP she gives will help make your runs smoother.

If you're playing manually, you can play more aggressively since you can time your skills to protect your teammates from red attacks. You and you teammates are invincible to red attacks whenever you use a skill and your skill's attack name / adventurer photo are shown. You can setup your team with a main lead DPS + Blade/Wand for +10% Strength/+15% Skill Damage then a Flex support spot. You can also substitute in more DPS adventurers by equipping a Skill Share like Cleo's for emergency heals in place of bringing a healer adventurer.

If the content you're playing has unblockable purple attacks; you might want to go with a more defensive build like a main DPS + Axe/Lance/Staff for Defense/HP/Healing.

With auto teams, the goal is to survive and not timeout. They're generally setup with an Axe, Lance or both acting as the main DPS and providing team survival with their defense/HP co-abilities. Then there's a healer and a buffer enabling "Odd Sparrows" health regen to constantly heal since the AI is always getting hurt. The easier the content, the more flexible you can be with swapping out an Axe/Lance with a DPS.

As for stealing SP from your teammates, if you're killing mobs quick enough that your teammates aren't landing any hit then you probably don't need to worry about their skills. Some solo content I run, my teammates are there just for their co-abilities to buff my main adventurer so my main can steamroll through all the mobs/bosses.

Pancoar

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I really hate farming Volk on co op
Volk is my least favorite Agito fight, especially on Expert. It's just... sooo annoying. I'm working on farming enough from co-op so I can solo it myself. Also co-op rooms are being really dumb trying to do 4x speed clears with Gala Mym and they just keep getting killed. Had to start using Euden so I stopped getting put into Lance only rooms for expert.

I've fully mubbed the sword and lance. Almost done with blade, then just need the staff for Halloween Lowen. The double drops are really nice, especially for Standard since you need so many damn silver pieces.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I've been lazy and haven't farmed any Volk today. Not sure if I should just only do some next time or not; it's already very late and I have some other stuff I want to rush to do before the night's over. Thankfully I did actually make 5 MUB weapons pre-2.0, only have blade/bow/staff(/manacaster?) left to begin with. So the farming's not as bad as it could be, barring that upcoming upgrade having ridiculous requirements. Apparently there's a 4x Mym speed strategy for co-op now, as well.

mKai, though... pretty annoyed I slacked on that and went right to eTartarus; only made the staff MUB and have the lance refined, IIRC. And even worse, then for both Tartarus and AO I only have 1 weapon. So that's going to be a long long time of farming.

Kumubou

Oct 25, 2017
Seems like they bumped up the rewards for the rerun, the daily rewards now give 60k rupees and 100 gold crystals per day while also bumping up their numbers in the events rewards (7.55m rupees and 840 gold crystals), while also doubling the stamina pots (10x10, 10x20, 40x30 vs 5/5/20)... but you no longer get a free draw ticket daily nor a 10-draw ticket for starting the event. Seems like there's also fewer draw tickets in the rewards list too (10 total vs the 20 you typically have in a facility event).

Seems like a balancing pass for the economy post-update, and it would be in-line with what they did with the defense events (way lower wyrmite/tickets given out but more of everything else)... and I don't think those draws are coming back. :V

They also need to put a fourth difficulty level in for facility events -- anyone with an endgame-ready team just steamrolls all of the event quests without issue. That and with the new wyrmprint setup, you can basically speedrun the event (it looks like it takes 22 runs of the Challenge stage with max wyrmprint bonus to finish the points ladder).

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Also worth noting that Stirring Shadows is a story event, specifically. So there's nothing to really "do" for it, as you just get the event currency from doing any quest in the game - including the Accursed Archive ones.

Parshias

Oct 25, 2017
For those who might have missed it: there's a 3* print in the shop that has the bonus for the facility material. The event print and the 4*/5* prints are for the points.

retrobotjr

Jan 10, 2018
Any tips for trying to bump up to Expert level Kai Yan while the drop bonus is in effect? I use Ieyasu. 70 MC and twice unbound Agito.

Parshias

Oct 25, 2017
Any tips for trying to bump up to Expert level Kai Yan while the drop bonus is in effect? I use Ieyasu. 70 MC and twice unbound Agito.

Expert Kai Yan is the easiest (by quite a bit) of all the Expert Agito fights so I'd say just go for it. You might run into some groups trying to filter for all GAlex runs, but eKai isn't all that hard. Just save your dragon to tank the phase transition and maybe bring a shared skill that dispels for some extra safety.

retrobotjr

Jan 10, 2018
Expert Kai Yan is the easiest (by quite a bit) of all the Expert Agito fights so I'd say just go for it. You might run into some groups trying to filter for all GAlex runs, but eKai isn't all that hard. Just save your dragon to tank the phase transition and maybe bring a shared skill that dispels for some extra safety.
Thanks! I'll give it a shot this afternoon.

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
Yup! Accursed Archives leads into Stirring Shadows, so story wise you should so them in that order.

Also worth noting that Stirring Shadows is a story event, specifically. So there's nothing to really "do" for it, as you just get the event currency from doing any quest in the game - including the Accursed Archive ones.

Awesome, thanks!

I watched Lathna's adventurer story a while back and it was unsettling as hell. Eager to find out more about her and this whole Ancient One business. These storylines are quite spooky and feel much more suited for halloween proper.

retrobotjr

Jan 10, 2018
Wow, Expert Kai Yan really was sort of a pushover! First PUG I tried cleared it. Really wishing I had tried this before I wasted all my weekly bonuses on Standard D: I could be on my way to some unbinding but nope, not this week!

retrobotjr

Jan 10, 2018
Hm, so I have hit the wall on this first Agito weapon in that I need to get those Rebellious One's Arrogance rewards from the weekly bonus (or move up to Master but lol) in order to refine before I can do anything else.

In this case I'm wondering if I want to stockpile gold mask fragments (I assume I'll need a lot to do the rest of the unbinds) or if I should start crafting other shadow Agito weapons.

Or dump them into the shadow tree? SO many options lol

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Hm, so I have hit the wall on this first Agito weapon in that I need to get those Rebellious One's Arrogance rewards from the weekly bonus (or move up to Master but lol) in order to refine before I can do anything else.

In this case I'm wondering if I want to stockpile gold mask fragments (I assume I'll need a lot to do the rest of the unbinds) or if I should start crafting other shadow Agito weapons.

Or dump them into the shadow tree? SO many options lol
Do your shadow tree then craft other weapons. The upgrades that require Master materials are ridiculously expensive and aren't worth doing without knowing which weapon you want to do.

Vilifier

Oct 25, 2017
Took S!Estelle to 49MC for Mitsuba cheese backliner thinking she could be my 100% Stun Res Wand . . . only to forget that she's 50% Stun Res maxed. I forgot event adventurers originally weren't 100% resistant.

I really hope the original event welfare adventurers Elias/Audric/Aldred/Felicia/S!Estelle/Botan/Melsa/Hanabusa/Xuan Zang eventually get bumped up to 100% Resistance to bring them inline with newer event adventurers like Mordecai/Wu Kong/S!Amane/Sharena/Alfonse/Mega Man. I know Su Fang/Celliera/Botan gained Potent Resistance with their Spirals, but the basic full resistance shouldn't be locked behind a spiral.

Time to submit some feedback . . .