• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Ozzie

One Winged Slayer
Jan 12, 2018
How do you guys grind for Dyrenell Argenteus? The silver coin thingy to upgrade. Gold and bronze ain't a issue but the drop rate for silver is ridiculously low.

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
Gala Zena secured about 20 summons in. Next 40 summons were awful.

I'll probably do just the free 10 folds for the rest of this banner. Hope Meene and Mid0 come home 🙏

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad prize banners are coming back with Ilia. I hope Sunstones are still possible to get.

Xavi

Oct 27, 2017
Lightning for Smash
Free summon day 2

x1 Meene (New, my banner target)
x1 Garland (Dupe, need to MUB)
x1 Cupid (Dupe, already MUB)

Very happy with this, hopefully I get GZena with other free summons but I'm not going all in if it doesn't happen. I'm more interested in Ilia and the prize summon showcase.

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
I agree. This is the one thing I dislike about events. The stories are usually pretty good so I don't want to skip through the summaries just to get the daily endeavors. I started playing around 8pm last night after work and it took nearly 3 hours with some breaks. They always advertise the raid boss ahead of time so it couldn't hurt to just have it already available at the start. I guess we could submit feedback...
I guess they figure most players have no problem skipping the episodes if they want to reach the boss/raid battles faster. On that note, I'd actually be interested to know just how many players actually bother to read facility/raid event stories in their entirety due to how long they usually are...

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
I see many Meenes from the free pulls in this thread, congrats. Hope i can get her from free pull as well because so far Hawk has been a disappointement and its probably gonna be a while before i can turn him into powerhouse.

PS: Does the +Gold/Rupy boni from dragons like Fafnir stack ? Like do i get more gold if all 4 of my Heroes have such a Dragon equipped or should i use just one of them unbound on one unit ?
The "HP & Strength" upgrade option is basically leveling reskinned/compressed into a smaller number of levels for the same stats. You're still gonna want to max that on every single weapon you're actually using or it'll have barely any stats.

Hah thanks i figured it out shortly after my last post.
Ive been using the free event gear we without leveling it up lol.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
I see many Meenes from the free pulls in this thread, congrats. Hope i can get her from free pull as well because so far Hawk has been a disappointement and its probably gonna be a while before i can turn him into powerhouse.

PS: Does the +Gold/Rupy boni from dragons like Fafnir stack ? Like do i get more gold if all 4 of my Heroes have such a Dragon equipped or should i use just one of them unbound on one unit ?
They stack. You can get more copies to run 4 mlb from the Void Battles Shop.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I guess they figure most players have no problem skipping the episodes if they want to reach the boss/raid battles faster. On that note, I'd actually be interested to know just how many players actually bother to read facility/raid event stories in their entirety due to how long they usually are...
Dragalia's stories actually feel too short to me at times, but I guess it's due to coming from Granblue.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
This story does feel a bit rushed. Probably because Mordecai and Meene's stories are meant to be the in-between bits.

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
Dragalia's stories actually feel too short to me at times, but I guess it's due to coming from Granblue.
The defensive/onslaught event stories are comparatively short since the episodes can be unlocked at your own pace and there aren't many of them, but it's the facility/raid events that can be a slog to sit through especially if the stories themselves aren't particularly exciting (quite a few come to mind).

The Doomsday Getaway story structure was ideal since it allowed for the narrative to slowly develop and build tension behind a time gate instead of everything being dumped on us all at once. If only every event could follow that same format...

Jive Turkey

Oct 25, 2017
The Doomsday Getaway story structure was ideal since it allowed for the narrative to slowly develop and build tension behind a time gate instead of everything being dumped on us all at once. If only every event could follow that same format...
Agreed fully. I like the stories but most of the time when a new event hits, I just want to get to the event part so I can burn my stamina/wings and go to bed.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
I already said as much but yeah, what y'all are saying lines up with my issues historically - if the thing comes out at 2:00 AM my time, I really just wanna spend 10 minutes tops raiding to burn my wings and then sleep. Same issue for facility where they not only have the story but also have the annoying gating of doing anything based on building levels for no reason, though the hustle hammer flood kinda mitigated that.

It's just at some point I just got a little too quick to skip and was lazy about coming back. Doomsday and United Fronts were ideal with how they don't gate much at all, and I should have been much better about reading those as they unlocked instead of just at the very last day they were available, oops. So gonna try to read sooner going forward, if I'm not reading it the first time. I care much less about being capped these days due to playing more casually and there are more ways to burn wings too, so this time I did read it all the first time even if it was at night.

...though, talking about other places to burn wings- it is kinda killing me that they lowered how many wings Experts take? I've never once looked at my ashes and went "oh no, I can ever feasibly run out of these!" so getting more runs/wing was literally never a concern.

kiich

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Jan 2, 2018
Granblue is the only mobile game I've played that isn't scary to make their players read a bunch. There are events that are like three hours long on Youtube, I love it.

Apollo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Got both Meene and Grace from my free summon today which kind of frees up my next two dream summons? I really wanted both of them, so I really feel like I hit the jackpot.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Congrats to everyone on their free pulls!

Best track in Dragalia Lost by far, soooooo gooood.
Agreed, and that's saying something considering how amazing all of DL's music is. Insane quality.

On that note, I'd actually be interested to know just how many players actually bother to read facility/raid event stories in their entirety due to how long they usually are...
*slowly raises hand*

I think the new event took me close to two hours to read through, letting everything run on auto. I was expecting the usual five story chapters, but it kept on going. I didn't particularly mind considering how interesting the story was, but it was extensive.

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017

The story and world-building are some of my favorite parts of the game! When a new event drops I add a second-session that day to get get through the story and then play my normal daily amount in the evening.

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
I was actually hoping we got even more story for this event, considering the significance of it. The presentation is getting better too.

I wouldn't be surprised if we get something animated for next anniversary.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, nothing in what they said in This Month sounded like she'd be limited.

You can just acquire god at all times. Bet Elysium will end up similarly. It's like how everyone expected Cthonius to be a huge deal and whoops nope unceremoniously in the gacha, baby.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
They really need to add "I want to fight any Agito" and "I want to fight any High Dragon" matchmaking buttons. It's impossible to match up consistently for any of that content during raid events.

This will only get worse with the solo modes and the third kind of endgame boss being added soon.]

Edit: That's it - I'm sending them feedback!

Edit 2: If anyone agrees, feel free to copy what I wrote and send it to them as well :lol

Please add "Fight any Agito/High Dragon" matchmaking buttons. It's already hard to fill teams for those fights during raid events, and the new type of endgame bosses will only accentuate the problem.

Last edited:

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
My bad luck continues, both multis again straight up trash. They must have gimped the rate on the free multis heh.

While i like that many of the content can be farmed solo now, its kinda sad that how little random coop action is possible nowadays. Even during Anni with a supposed to big portion of new players you rarely can join or find coop games. Outside of the current Raid event it seems like you have to get to endgame on your own before you should expect more multiplayer sesseions again.

Any suggestion what unit i should focus on from these after i get them to Mana Circle 40 ?

Fire
Story Euden, Ezelith
Water
Summer Celliera, Story Elisanne
Wood
Story Ranzal, Hawk
Light
Mordecai. Gala Zena,
Dark
Story Chloe

Kinda wondering what the next steps are - should i be working into turning Hawk into the Beast he is supposed to be or another single unit ? Or should i work on mono color teams get 4units per color to MC 40 - though this could take a while considering my last couple multis and i dont wanna invest in too many units early with limited resources.

dragalialost.gamepedia.com

Beginner's Guide

The following is a Beginner's Guide to help new players get started with Dragalia Lost. Welcome to Dragalia Lost! Dragalia Lost is a beat 'em up role-playing gacha game created by Nintendo and Cygames. In it, you control a prince named Euden and his allies, moving and attacking enemies from a...
Also is this guide still the way to go in terms of Weapon Progression ? So starting with farming with Eolian Phantom and work my way up toward Chimera Weapons ?
They stack. You can get more copies to run 4 mlb from the Void Battles Shop.
Perfect, glad that i asked early would have regretted it if i ran the stage the whole month without having my team full of Rupie Dragons.

MicH

Oct 25, 2017
Elly is one if the best buffers in the game, so I'd say jusy generally add her to a your teams in the beginning. Hawk is not worth investing in until you can mana spiral him which takes a ton of resources and is generally an endgame thing.

All the main story units are worth investing in as they're all good. So I'd probably start there and work your way out from there

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Elly is one if the best buffers in the game, so I'd say jusy generally add her to a your teams in the beginning. Hawk is not worth investing in until you can mana spiral him which takes a ton of resources and is generally an endgame thing.

All the main story units are worth investing in as they're all good. So I'd probably start there and work your way out from there
When you say investing you mean further than Mana Circle 40 ? Because the ones i listed are my main/best unit that i got to 40 already. If i wanna go further on these unit ill have to evolve units like Euden or Elisanne for the next Mana Circle.

Or do you mean i should get other Story units like Luca and Alex also on MC 40.

In general if Max level + Mana Circle 40 are a good level to stay on until i reach end game thats fine by me, that means im gonna have to focus on weapons and building next before i go back to Mana Circles. Costs and resources are steep so i rather dont mess things up early.

PS. Are Chimera Weapons still the weapons i should work towards in the beginning ? I dont know how up to date that gamepedia guide is considering 2.0 just hit.

Kumubou

Oct 25, 2017
When you say investing you mean further than Mana Circle 40 ? Because the ones i listed are my main/best unit that i got to 40 already. If i wanna go further on these unit ill have to evolve units like Euden or Elisanne for the next Mana Circle.

Or do you mean i should get other Story units like Luca and Alex also on MC 40.

In general if Max level + Mana Circle 40 are a good level to stay on until i reach end game thats fine by me, that means im gonna have to focus on weapons and building next before i go back to Mana Circles. Costs and resources are steep so i rather dont mess things up early.

PS. Are Chimera Weapons still the weapons i should work towards in the beginning ? I dont know how up to date that gamepedia guide is considering 2.0 just hit.
For Hawk to be the beast he can be, you need to fully upgrade his mana circles and mana spirals, which if you are starting out you won't have the resources for. So you can skip that for now (but do keep it in mind).

Story Euden is basically dollar store Marth... in terms of cost, not effectiveness. Marth was generally considered to be the #1 Fire DPS before 2.0 hit and story Euden is nearly as good. Ezelith is also pretty strong but she's also another character that needs her full mana spiral before she gets all of her juice.

Story Elisanne is the game's stupidest buffer this side of Grace as she gives a big attack buff team-wide that is element-neutral. (This is also her shared ability and comes unlocked for everyone, so you probably should equip it on whoever.) So you can use her on non-water teams and get good value until you have a more fleshed out roster.

I would also focus on Mordceai specifically because his event is live and if you do enough of the event his 50 mana circles are free. There's items you get from endeavors, badges and the event summon that can be used to upgrade him in lieu of the normal mana circle resources. Really nice value, especially for newer players. He also gets a really nice damage bonus for the event missions specifically. I honestly don't know how good Gala Zena is (since she just got added), but she should fit as a healer with no elemental weakness, which can be a big help starting out (similar to how people use Hildegarde early on).

The beginner's guide you linked still mostly applies for weapon progression, just be aware that the Void weapons it tells you to build no longer exist. Instead, you build the base Void weapon for that type and element and then enhance it with the weapon ability that you would have normally gotten from the old weapon... except now any weapon of that element and type can use that weapon skill! (This includes higher tier weapons, such as Chimeratech, High Dragon and Agito weapons.) So you still need to farm Phantoms and Manticores, but now you're doing it for Void weapon upgrades instead of the weapons themselves. (Trust me, it's a lot more straightforward this way.)

As for if you should be going for Chimeratech weapons, the answer is yes. Even without being fully upgraded they will give you a big damage boost and are your ticket to doing High Dragon Trials, especially since now they can get the 30% dragon bane weapon ability from Void weapons. Just be aware that building Chimeratech weapons is insanely expensive (you'll burn through 10 million+ gold upgrading a single weapon easily). Thankfully, there's 3x gold drop rate on Avenue of Fortune right now, so one of your Void goals should be to get enough void seeds (especially since a lot of Void fights are 2x drops right now) to get 15 more Gold Fafnirs so you can farm gold even more efficiently (you should already have 5 as they gifted a set of Golf Fafnirs to people).

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
For Hawk to be the beast he can be, you need to fully upgrade his mana circles and mana spirals, which if you are starting out you won't have the resources for. So you can skip that for now (but do keep it in mind).

Story Euden is basically dollar store Marth... in terms of cost, not effectiveness. Marth was generally considered to be the #1 Fire DPS before 2.0 hit and story Euden is nearly as good. Ezelith is also pretty strong but she's also another character that needs her full mana spiral before she gets all of her juice.

Story Elisanne is the game's stupidest buffer this side of Grace as she gives a big attack buff team-wide that is element-neutral. (This is also her shared ability and comes unlocked for everyone, so you probably should equip it on whoever.) So you can use her on non-water teams and get good value until you have a more fleshed out roster.

I would also focus on Mordceai specifically because his event is live and if you do enough of the event his 50 mana circles are free. There's items you get from endeavors, badges and the event summon that can be used to upgrade him in lieu of the normal mana circle resources. Really nice value, especially for newer players. He also gets a really nice damage bonus for the event missions specifically. I honestly don't know how good Gala Zena is (since she just got added), but she should fit as a healer with no elemental weakness, which can be a big help starting out (similar to how people use Hildegarde early on).

The beginner's guide you linked still mostly applies for weapon progression, just be aware that the Void weapons it tells you to build no longer exist. Instead, you build the base Void weapon for that type and element and then enhance it with the weapon ability that you would have normally gotten from the old weapon... except now any weapon of that element and type can use that weapon skill! (This includes higher tier weapons, such as Chimeratech, High Dragon and Agito weapons.) So you still need to farm Phantoms and Manticores, but now you're doing it for Void weapon upgrades instead of the weapons themselves. (Trust me, it's a lot more straightforward this way.)

As for if you should be going for Chimeratech weapons, the answer is yes. Even without being fully upgraded they will give you a big damage boost and are your ticket to doing High Dragon Trials, especially since now they can get the 30% dragon bane weapon ability from Void weapons. Just be aware that building Chimeratech weapons is insanely expensive (you'll burn through 10 million+ gold upgrading a single weapon easily). Thankfully, there's 3x gold drop rate on Avenue of Fortune right now, so one of your Void goals should be to get enough void seeds (especially since a lot of Void fights are 2x drops right now) to get 15 more Gold Fafnirs so you can farm gold even more efficiently (you should already have 5 as they gifted a set of Golf Fafnirs to people).

+1 thanks for the write up thats was the kinda of direction post i was looking for.
Guess money will be a serious issue going froward to im gonna make sure that ill be able to farm Money as efficiently as possible and get the Gold Fafnirs maxed.

Mordceai - Elisanne - Euden - Gala Zena

Are the units im gonna focus on for now until i have the next steps figured out. Farming toward Chimeratech weapons, money and leveling up my buildings while the Anni is going on will be my focus.

Josh378

Oct 27, 2017
I am down to free summons now. Got G. Zena, and she is a beast. Seen her alot on Agito lately...guess we finally got a healer on rotation in Agito...lol

MicH

Oct 25, 2017
So it looks like the Agito rupee costs are not changing. RIP. That really sucks, it's way too expensive to fully unbind them

Ozzie

One Winged Slayer
Jan 12, 2018
Gala Zena is insanely fun and broken lol. 50% Force Strike wyrmprint with 30% broken punisher wyrmprint along with 100% force Strike shared skill, 20% light dmg from Peony and 30% strength from other buffs.

Charge up 5 force Strikes, proceed to do insane damage lmao.

It would be even better if I had Grace...

Ozzie

One Winged Slayer
Jan 12, 2018
So it looks like the Agito rupee costs are not changing. RIP. That really sucks, it's way too expensive to fully unbind them
Yeah...I burnt through my 40m so easily, I didn't realise lol. I think the best is doing Chimeras with x2 drop so you get good drops and then sell void leaves for couple of millions. I did 10 light Chimeras and made around 2m. I also had Gold fafirs equipped on all adventurers.

ElFly

Oct 27, 2017
Okada: as a token of appreciation we've sent the players ONE HUNDRED MILLION RUPIES WHAT THE FUCK

also did not notice the money is called rupies. thinking emoji

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, uh.... Not a fan of these new Agito costs.

Seems like it was balanced around people complaining about having too many rupees.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I dont quite understand the increased costs honestly, at the point where you are able to get materials to strengthen agito weapons getting rupies is not difficult, just tedious and time consuming. Increasing the costs doesnt positively affect balance in any way