• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

MicH

Oct 25, 2017
I've been running IO like crazy during double drops trying to catch up on my Dojos. Getting them to 31 is such a big boost

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
Yup, I'm alternating between IO and AoF. Upgrades after level 20 get real expensive real fast. I just wish I could turn those medals into that gold dyrenell coin. That seems to be the biggest bottleneck for me.

Xequalsy

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Sooooo happy with this update. I'm understanding weapons now! I'm cranking out maxed Chimeratech stuff like nobody's business.
I quit back in February after the Valentine's event that had Addis on banner. Did I miss anything big since then character or limited wise?
I saw Laxi got a Gala version and somebody named Grace is apparently very good but know nothing about the nearly 8 months besides that.
Gala releases since then:
Gala Alex - self sufficient shadow sword, can poison, cleanse and has high personal dps
Gala Leif - finally got Leif (still no non-gala version), wind sword, has a sword or shield mode mechanic that's pretty cool
Gala Laxi - flame dagger, but has a "pet" that basically means she gets to shoot lasers too

Galas now happen twice each month, once at the end of the month (we get rotating adventurer, dragon) with a new release (this month is gala zena). The other during the middle of the month which is a "remix" which will rate up select gala stuff (not all gala stuff will be available) but also have new characters/dragons. No new characters/dragons released outside of gala events.

Gala Dragons are now a thing and all 3 released so far (Mars, Cait Sith and Thor) are all really really strong. All the best or amongst the best option for that element.

Grace is a shadow healer who doesn't "heal" but instead provides a giant defence buff and life shield. Makes her very useful for difficult solo content. Lots of other nice adventurers released - tobias etc...

You missed the second fire emblem collab which had Peony, Chrom and Tiki. (And Sharena as the freebie unit). No other limited units so far.

Shirke

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
n1V0O5H.jpg

Guess I don't need to spark lol

Sakrey

Oct 27, 2017
I'm nearly broke. I spent 16k wyrmites, 80 singles tickets and 4 multi tickets to get MidZero, Gala Zena and Meene.

I'm a bit sad because I pulled only 5* dupes. No new adventurers or dragons, although I've plenty I'm still missing...
Atleast I've been showered with MidZero, like 4 of him.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
The event story was really good so far
Y'all still want Elysium after that twist?

Also explains how
Notte will become a playable character

Last edited:

Ozzie

One Winged Slayer
Jan 12, 2018
Got Gala Zena as my free summon lol. I got excited thinking it was Grace but I'll take it.

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Gala Zena might finally be here, but now I've switched to waiting for them to add Gala Illia, lol.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
260 summons and I got everyone except Gala Zena. Luckily thanks to Spark I should be able to get her after a few days of free summons thanks to sparking.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
gonna wait for the free draws to end but I'm definitely planning on sparking if I have to

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
Alright I burned half my stash and got M Zero MUB and Gala Zena sitting at 213? Spark Items, if I utilize the daily free-pull will I be able to spark Meene before the Ilia banner hits?

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
Why are y'all plowing through your Wyrmite reserves when we've still got free 10-pulls with this banner?

Either way, Meene came up in my freebies today. Good times.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Shadow Catoblepas is on double drops today, I highly recommend grinding it, the gold drops are needed for pretty much every void weapon if you want to unlock all abilities

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
There are four days left on the banner so you'd be short.

Ah I would lack 47 pulls right? Hmm if I finally read all the adventurer and dragon stories I saved up I might be able to do it while still having a good chance on Ilia's banner

Why are y'all plowing through your Wyrmite reserves when we've still got free 10-pulls with this banner?

Either way, Meene came up in my freebies today. Good times.

I got impatient and had a good feeling :( It was rewarded to be fair!

Ekid

Dec 21, 2017
Galas now happen twice each month, once at the end of the month (we get rotating adventurer, dragon) with a new release (this month is gala zena). The other during the middle of the month which is a "remix" which will rate up select gala stuff (not all gala stuff will be available) but also have new characters/dragons. No new characters/dragons released outside of gala events.
Wait, then what's gonna happen after the current Gala? No Ilia/Elysium in the next banner?

Xequalsy

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Wait, then what's gonna happen after the current Gala? No Ilia/Elysium in the next banner?
They can change it up at any time, but for now I would assume the next time we'll possibly get those is during the gala remix in October (middle of October) and we'll get a filler banner in between.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
I'm really curious to see what direction these characters' own stories take. I'm wondering if they'll even bother explaining them within the context of the 'present'.

... I could just go ahead and read through Meene's and Mordecai's stories, but I don't want event spoilers :lol

I got impatient and had a good feeling :( It was rewarded to be fair!
Reckless! Hahahaha.

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
I'm really curious to see what direction these characters' own stories take. I'm wondering if they'll even bother explaining them within the context of the 'present'.

... I could just go ahead and read through Meene's and Mordecai's stories, but I don't want event spoilers :lol

Reckless! Hahahaha.

Yeah but hey the event got me hyped as hell! :P

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
Event story is awesome. Cant wait for the epilogue. Ilia is great and Mid really feels like the most important dragon in the story. No wonder he's the face of the game.

There's one track in this event that plays that makes me think of the Pokemon League lol. It almost has the same opening.

The event story was really good so far
Y'all still want Elysium after that twist?

Also explains how
Notte will become a playable character

Kinda glad that Elysium wasn't some goodie two shoes, otherwise he'd be Mid 2.0. In fact, I like that Elysium is an asshole.

I really expected Mid and Ilia to form a pact, considering how they're basically the same in terms of wanting peace and coexistence.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
You know considering these reveals, I guess evil Euden from the alternate futures we've seen is actually...

Elysium's puppet, after acquiring Morsayati's power. That would explain why he's using an army of dragons to wipe out humanity which seems to have nothing to do with Morsayati's goals.

Vilifier

Oct 25, 2017
Event stories like Forgotten Truths and Fractured Futures should really be added to the Event Compendium right after they finish. These are some crucial story plots that shouldn't be kept from players joining after their completion.

After this event, I can't wait to see what the next few chapters will have regarding the Ilian Church.

My dreams of a Ryozen Alt with an event backstory detailing why he left his high ranking position in the Ilian Church will soon be a real.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Event stories like Forgotten Truths and Fractured Futures should really be added to the Event Compendium right after they finish. These are some crucial story plots that shouldn't be kept from players joining after their completion.
For the Fractured Futures lore, there's Zena's Adventurer's story now (and before that they also reminded everyone of it in the second FEH event). I wonder if there will be something similar for the reveals of Forgotten Truths.

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
You know considering these reveals, I guess evil Euden from the alternate futures we've seen is actually...

Elysium's puppet, after acquiring Morsayati's power. That would explain why he's using an army of dragons to wipe out humanity which seems to have nothing to do with Morsayati's goals.

That would be such a great twist on top of everything.

I wonder if Elysium was reborn or sealed inside Euden somehow. That might explain why he can form multiple dragonpacts and have dragonblood while being adopted. Elysium seemed to have gone missing for a long time until he pops out of him in chapter 1

Oct 30, 2017
Your Imagination
Oh phew, I thought most people here were pretty invested. I just choose the adventurers who look good/meta-relevant and have at it.
Story-wise I'm aware of only some very basic beats. The only event I really read through was the Murder Island event and that was because the music was banging.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Giving DL another shot because of the 2.0 updates and the new better looking Cel Shading style. Well and the free Anni pulls obv.

Is there a good online resource for a story summary or recap up until the new event ? Would like to read up on it before starting its been ages sind i last played it - was probably around Chapter 7-8 or so.

PS. As far as i remebe rthe convoluted weapon system was always the reason i dropped DL in the past, so i really hope whatever streamlining they did ends up not pissing me off again lol.

Vilifier

Oct 25, 2017
Giving DL another shot because of the 2.0 updates and the new better looking Cel Shading style. Well and the free Anni pulls obv.

Is there a good online resource for a story summary or recap up until the new event ? Would like to read up on it before starting its been ages sind i last played it - was probably around Chapter 7-8 or so.

PS. As far as i remebe rthe convoluted weapon system was always the reason i dropped DL in the past, so i really hope whatever streamlining they did ends up not pissing me off again lol.
They have a Dragalia Life style comic recap in the settings. Its under Settings -> "Notte's Super Rad Plot Synopsis!"

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017

This current event actually happens at some point in the past. It's behind the last two chapters of the main story. Getting to chapter 6 should be enough.

retrobotjr

Jan 10, 2018
Ok so I was a daily player for the first, idk, year and a half or so. Stopped playing close to the beginning of this year but decided to jump back in with the new banner.

I had mercurial gauntlets all around 25 or so at the time but was able to jump many of them up to like level 40 and higher. Was there a massive rebalance or something, or is the new wyrmprint system that big of a change, or what? Also I'm having to spend a lot of time fixing my weapons lol, seems like many of my void weapons are just gone. Trying to figure out how this all works now.

Oh yeah and I am like hopelessly lost on story stuff. Any good place for in depth recaps?

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Ok so I was a daily player for the first, idk, year and a half or so. Stopped playing close to the beginning of this year but decided to jump back in with the new banner.
There was a huge rebalance a couple of weeks ago. Shadow had gotten two big power creeps (Gala Cleo, and then new characters balanced around her, and then Gala Alex was even above her, and there were even more characters balanced around her level) throughout the game's run, and this rebalance gave boosts to 150 adventurers and all dragons to make all elements closer together in power.