• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
The game seems to love throwing Rocs my way. I have enough of these chickens to outfit my entire wind team with MUB versions.

Parshias

Oct 25, 2017
Weapon bonuses are like extra dojo levels. Unlock the bonus on a sword and all sword units get the stat boost.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Though I'm still not entirely sure why I'm actually giving this another shot, since I have no particular attachment to it as an original IP and the eventual core of the actual gameplay if you want to end up playing regularly is an endless grind in high-difficulty multiplayer that requires offline coordination, which really isn't my style.

I want to say that this isn't really true, which may be reassuring. I have been more or less actively doing (though I've been less active lately) pretty much all of the endgame fights in this game, and I very very very rarely have done them with Discord users. Most of my groups for even the hardest fights were entirely pubs, and this was before the revive system and other changes/buffs/new characters that made the fights a lot easier. I think mHZD is the only fight I haven't done with pubs, because I only ever beat it the one single time, and... honestly, that was probably worse than it would have been in a regular pub group. Because the one person who'd beaten the fight before was insisting on something that was just outright wrong and was killing us repeatedly.

You may have to learn the fights through a guide elsewhere, which is totally a fair criticism (they've added stuff to teach them in-game but it's always been too lacking). But once you're past that, you can probably handle them just fine. With revives and buffed characters, it's been far easier to have a few mistakes and keep things going. And that was before the 2.0 update full of buffs and changes and the much easier solo difficulty; now there are ways to farm all the endgame stuff without even having to do co-op.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
So far all my solo eTart runs begin with the rest of my team getting enervation from the opening attack

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Well, I certainly hope so, since depending on how meta-important those characters are, if they show no indication of moving in that direction I'm probably going to make an early exit. I don't like being treated as a second-class citizen just because I showed up late to the party. Honestly once the free daily summons go away and the honeymoon wears off, I might give up anyway since I've missed so much story content.
None of them are that particularly great. It probably wouldn't be a bad idea to try and get Audric before the event ends though. Shouldn't be hard to max his friend meter.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
So where does this current event rerun take place in the storyline? After which main story chapter? And if I started it now and tried to rush it with barely 24 hours to go, would I even have enough time to get all the limited time content from it?

Well, I certainly hope so, since depending on how meta-important those characters are, if they show no indication of moving in that direction I'm probably going to make an early exit. I don't like being treated as a second-class citizen just because I showed up late to the party. Honestly once the free daily summons go away and the honeymoon wears off, I might give up anyway since I've missed so much story content.

Do the solo quests give the same level of rewards as the co-op ones though?

The current event takes place... well, who knows. They've been very vague about when any event takes place at all, but it's theoretically anywhere from early on in the story after the first couple chapters. Meanwhile, the upcoming sequel to it will be at the end of the currently available story, chapter 15, I think? Or otherwise after chapter 10, which is where they now let you skip to.

Maybe I'm wrong, but for better or worse the only "meta-important" free character I can think of was Audric himself - and that's due to people relying on him to allow teams to beat Master High Jupiter. And that's changed over the past year to no longer rely on him. There are some other pretty good ones you'd be happy to have because anyone good is useful early on, but nobody is so amazing they're topping charts or required to fight anything, especially not now. These recent changes may have boosted some of them up further, idk, but it is unlikely you will feel like you need them to do anything. Keep in mind that even though it's still true the the player base can get very picky about who gets filtered for rooms, there's been a lot of effort to move away from fights being dominated by only one character or set of characters even before 2.0.

Also, the limited time event stories that relates the most to the actual game story is by far this current raid and the upcoming one. Most of the facility events are now in the compendium too, and they're added pretty frequently. Some of the remaining facilities and some of the raid stories are pretty fun and worth reading, but I would not say you're missing out on a ton of important information or anything like that from what you've missed.

Last edited:

Vena

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Looks really good

Also reminder to join us on discord, I barely post on Era anymore lol

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Eh, still sounds like a slight advantage for playing co-op, but only a mild one; guess it wouldn't be a big difference in the long run.

Glad to know the welfares aren't as much of crutch characters as something like Rider Kintoki or Chloe from FGO. No idea about event-exclusive prints but I still barely understand the whole print system anyway.
And yeah, it was pretty easy to get him recruited; 30 points per event quest run (combined with the fact that I was playing 0-stamina first-run story quests earlier so I had a ton of overflow stamina/wings, and I'm leveling up and replenishing them faster than I can use them) means it didn't take long.

Since they only ever require clearing the first chapter to participate in events it would be kind of dumb for one to have spoilers for later story chapters, though of course the event story could certainly be written so it's more meaningful if you have context from them. I'll probably take a few days to try to catch up on the story then start the event; that should still hopefully at least leave me enough time to get all the limited stuff.

To the point about characters, between the new account free pick-a-5* and starting 3* set, the week of daily free rolls, the ongoing anniversary free rolls, and the new account achievement ladder that has a handful of random 5* tickets in it, I'm already padding out my roster quite nicely. Outside of being given for free without having to rely on summoning, it doesn't seem like there was any other particular advantage to welfare characters over others (unlike FGO where the fact that welfares are much easier to NP5 makes them disproportionately powerful), so that's reassuring. The dragons might be another story.

And good to know it sounds like all the events outside the anniversary ones are standalone and don't really draw any context from the main story.

Anyway, since I got the character and all five dragon copies from the roulette, should I keep farming the event or is my time better spent elsewhere? I have no idea what 90% of the stuff in the roulette boxes gets used for but it seems like it would be smart to keep trying to stock up on as much of it as I can now. Then again, the new event will have the same thing, so...

So the free dragons are much much worse than the free characters, actually; I don't think they've really been useful since like... the very first event? And even Pele wasn't good compared to anything from the gacha even at that time at the very start, it's just that she was literally a strength buff dragon instead of something weird.

Event exclusive prints tend to be ok, historically they've had a single ability instead of 2 and basically been slightly worse/a budget version of a better regular print. But now everything is one ability, and they've changed the abilities of some of the free ones just like they have for the real ones, so... not sure how they ended up, but I doubt it's anything worth worrying about having missed. Just from what I've seen by chance, the only one I noticed that changed to a potentially significant ability-wise (Astounding Trick now has (Wind) Buff Time +25%) is from the event Dream Under The Big Top and that's in the compendium.

It should also be said free prints/dragons are technically 5* but have worse stats than normal, too. Free characters used to be this way, and someone can correct me on this, but IIRC they eventually made them match normal stats? The only thing vaguely comparable to what you're talking about with Fate is that they very recently stopped giving out free dragons from raids, and instead made the free character a natural 5* that you can unlock all 50 mana crystal nodes of through event items without much effort. But getting 50 MC is something you can do pretty easily for any character and it's not that expensive to do it resource-wise; it's just a nice benefit to be able to do it without spending any resources. Though it doesn't mean much if you're not going to end up using the character anyway? I guess at worst, it's a least a free upgraded co-ability available to newer players.

Finally, regarding the story - I think that's kinda the point of starting to offer this chapter 10 story skip. Every event so far has had to not include several members of the main cast who have joined since the early chapters. By offering that skip, they're able to up the required chapter till that point and start making use of those members of the cast, cause it's been getting awkward that they're not around. I might be wrong about that requirement starting with this event, so maybe don't go rushing through the story just yet... but I'll say that at worst, you could always start the new event and skip its story to avoid spoilers, giving you access to the raid while you catch up on the main story. You can always reread the event story as long as the event is running. And though you don't need to go overboard with it now that there's 2x and 3x drops running for the regular quests that you might want to farm, you can continue farming the current one for today if you want to; the emblem rewards and blazion box items should be helpful for you soon enough.

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
Gala Mym's adventurer story is probably the funniest I've experienced in the game so far. Absolutely hilarious writing and voice acting. You can tell everyone had a great time writing and recording for it. Poor Ranzal, dude was done dirty lol. Unexpected feels at the end there too. Damn.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Gala Mym's adventurer story is probably the funniest I've experienced in the game so far. Absolutely hilarious writing and voice acting. You can tell everyone had a great time writing and recording for it. Poor Ranzal, dude was done dirty lol. Unexpected feels at the end there too. Damn.
Halloween Mym's story is great too

Vilifier

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a good YouTube guide for eTart? It seems most of the usual Dragalia YouTubers just made first clear videos with Shadow teams and then decided against making a guide.

eTart's punishment waves sometimes will/won't wipe my solo team so I'm not sure the best way to handle them.

Parshias

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a good YouTube guide for eTart? It seems most of the usual Dragalia YouTubers just made first clear videos with Shadow teams and then decided against making a guide.

eTart's punishment waves sometimes will/won't wipe my solo team so I'm not sure the best way to handle them.

The bubble makes you invincible, so the method for the first punishment waves is to leave whoever got bubbled in there and use them as a shield to absorb the wave.

Later waves you don't get the bubble but they are weaker. If the fight is lasting long enough for a second punishment wave then you should have cleared the second portal in phase 2 and at that point you can dragon tank the wave by using a skill to get through all the damage.

Vilifier

Oct 25, 2017
The bubble makes you invincible, so the method for the first punishment waves is to leave whoever got bubbled in there and use them as a shield to absorb the wave.

Later waves you don't get the bubble but they are weaker. If the fight is lasting long enough for a second punishment wave then you should have cleared the second portal in phase 2 and at that point you can dragon tank the wave by using a skill to get through all the damage.
When I use the bubble to shield against the waves; I run into the issue of not having enough Dragon Gauge to burst the adventurer out. Do the portals cleanse the bubble? Generating Dragon Gauge will probably be less of an issue when I have more Light Agito weapons.

Parshias

Oct 25, 2017
When I use the bubble to shield against the waves; I run into the issue of not having enough Dragon Gauge to burst the adventurer out. Do the portals cleanse the bubble? Generating Dragon Gauge will probably be less of an issue when I have more Light Agito weapons.

Oh right, the gauge is shared across the entire team. You're probably better off using the portal itself to avoid the first wave. So wait to go into it until he readies the wave. Then go in and your whole party will come along and the wave will hit empty air.

Vilifier

Oct 25, 2017
Oh right, the gauge is shared across the entire team. You're probably better off using the portal itself to avoid the first wave. So wait to go into it until he readies the wave. Then go in and your whole party will come along and the wave will hit empty air.
Ah, I think that's it. Sometimes I'll go into the portal and come out and the waves are just waiting to wipe me out. Sounds like I need to better time when I enter to portal to avoid the waves.

Thanks for the advice!

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
I went from MAX rupee before the update to "Let's make some weapons now that I understand the system" and bam, I'm broke. Really should have started all this sooner, trying to make 5 teams for High Dragons is expensiiiiiiive

Vena

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I went from MAX rupee before the update to "Let's make some weapons now that I understand the system" and bam, I'm broke. Really should have started all this sooner, trying to make 5 teams for High Dragons is expensiiiiiiive

Money is a lie. I have no money. 😢

jasno416

Oct 29, 2017
Fortune is 3x drop for the next 11 days or so.

I'm getting 2.6-2.7 million for 10 runs. It's a good way to burn those skip tickets they drowned us with.

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
Just a random thought, but with Zena and Gala Zena now in the game, I think the window for playable OG Zethia is pretty much shut. Like I don't know about you guys, but her allure as a long-anticipated Gala adventurer has really dimmed over the past several months after two other flashier versions of her were made playable. Might be much more likely we'll get an ascended deific version of Zethia in a year or so (if they don't kill her off first, or maybe because they kill her off).

Gala Notte is a much more exciting prospect to me and we can actually discuss that possibility seriously now that she was vaguely teased in the Digest. :)

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, we're also about to get a different playable fairy character. So wouldn't really be surprising for Notte to fight at this point, hah. Though I'm expecting she'll also have a free story version like Alex and Laxi.

I'd also point out that we're about to sorta weirdly have an event starring Zethia without her being playable. If they're focusing on her alone like that, I don't think Zena hurts her chances of becoming playable. But I do agree it'd be decently far in the future and after she has some more justification for it.

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
I thought they were too generous giving away Zena as a story freebie, but then they went and gave her a Gala alt mere months later much to my surprise. So y'all are right, same thing could totally happen with Notte too. :)

Apollo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Mentioned this in the Digest thread a few days ago, but I'm playing this game again after many months off and I'm having such a good time being back. The solo difficulties for HDTs and Agitos seems really accessible, thankfully, so I no longer have to watch those weekly bonuses go to waste! It feels really silly though that my first master HDT clear was a 2x auto, but I'll take it I guess...

I also sparked and stoned Thor today, and man am I happy they added sparking. Honestly surprised they made it 300 rolls like in GBF because it seems a lot easier to save up that many rolls in DL.

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Sooooo happy with this update. I'm understanding weapons now! I'm cranking out maxed Chimeratech stuff like nobody's business.
I quit back in February after the Valentine's event that had Addis on banner. Did I miss anything big since then character or limited wise?
I saw Laxi got a Gala version and somebody named Grace is apparently very good but know nothing about the nearly 8 months besides that.