• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, this is a pretty standard amount to my understanding, and it's not exactly hard to reach it. I have like 600 rolls right now and will probably blow half to spark... Galex, when she's up? It's probably gonna be a little difficult to tell how good Zena is with no accurate sim currently, so I might stick with Galex. She's probably the most significant character I lack right now that isn't Bellina, who I'd feel kinda weird about sparking (though that's true for every non-Gala/limited) or possibly even Dream Summoning when I have her dark dagger peers already. And Nevin is voiced by Sugita, so, if I'm really gonna upgrade another...

From what I've seen on Twitter, a lot of Granblue players more or less pull only when they can spark. So it works pretty well for someone like me, who does do 10 pulls pretty rarely outside of Gala/limited banners as is, but will throw more of my wyrmite stockpile than I probably should at them when I really want what's there. Like I'm not sure if I reached 300 chasing H. Mariti or Chrom (his co-ability was nice but it was for Sugita - if only I knew about Nevin...), I think possibly the former did if only barely before I got him (and I never got Chrom, I just didn't want to hurt my stash more). But those are times I definitely would have felt better going "well, it'll suck to lose this much, but... I know it'll stop there".

I feel like the problem's mostly gonna be banners where there's no (good) dragon rated up, since I feel like once you've reached the sunk cost of almost getting a spark but suddenly get the character you wanted, it'll kinda suck if you have to be like "...well, I could do 30 more pulls and spark, but I'd just get eldwater"? When at least with dragons you can use dupes, and for Gala dragons it's usually fine enough to use them at low unbinds that even >5 copies, if you're that lucky, can be useful. Hmm.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
At least in Granblue, all the Grand characters (Gala in this game) are sparkable during the banners they are available, even if they aren't rate up.

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, this is a pretty standard amount to my understanding, and it's not exactly hard to reach it. I have like 600 rolls right now and will probably blow half to spark... Galex, when she's up? It's probably gonna be a little difficult to tell how good Zena is with no accurate sim currently, so I might stick with Galex. She's probably the most significant character I lack right now that isn't Bellina, who I'd feel kinda weird about sparking (though that's true for every non-Gala/limited) or possibly even Dream Summoning when I have her dark dagger peers already. And Nevin is voiced by Sugita, so, if I'm really gonna upgrade another...

From what I've seen on Twitter, a lot of Granblue players more or less pull only when they can spark. So it works pretty well for someone like me, who does do 10 pulls pretty rarely outside of Gala/limited banners as is, but will throw more of my wyrmite stockpile than I probably should at them when I really want what's there. Like I'm not sure if I reached 300 chasing H. Mariti or Chrom (his co-ability was nice but it was for Sugita - if only I knew about Nevin...), I think possibly the former did if only barely before I got him (and I never got Chrom, I just didn't want to hurt my stash more). But those are times I definitely would have felt better going "well, it'll suck to lose this much, but... I know it'll stop there".

I feel like the problem's mostly gonna be banners where there's no (good) dragon rated up, since I feel like once you've reached the sunk cost of almost getting a spark but suddenly get the character you wanted, it'll kinda suck if you have to be like "...well, I could do 30 more pulls and spark, but I'd just get eldwater"? When at least with dragons you can use dupes, and for Gala dragons it's usually fine enough to use them at low unbinds that even >5 copies, if you're that lucky, can be useful. Hmm.

I basically only pull during seasonal legfes/flashfes in granblue now.

Dragalia is different in that Collab limiteds exist.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
But after the banner is over they change it to a different resource. So do they expect people to pull 300 times before a banner ends I guess?

If you had no wyrmite you'd be spending this much cash:

30 x $24.99 (1230 Diamantium for a tenfold) = $749.70

PSO2 has a similar system for their cosmetic lootbox banners and you only need to spend around $80 (40 pulls) to be able to pick a banner item at your leisure. If you spend another $100 or so you can pick a second banner item too.

In Dragalia the requirements are egregious, IMO.
It's literally the same system that already exists (and works) in GBF.

They don't "expect you to pull 300 times." They expect you to get what you want out of a banner before that. But in the off chance you were saving up and still don't get what you want, you now have a safety net.

Vilifier

Oct 25, 2017
BR is cool but they need to fix their 1st place price.
It'd be nice to tie some endeavours or epithets to BR rankings; otherwise I'm ok with the point system as is.

After the clusterfuck of Fall Guys on PC; I wouldn't want there to be an incentive for hackers to flock back to Dragalia Lost. Since there's no incentive to come in first; the mode is just a fun diversion while you wait for stamina/wings to regen.

ElFly

Oct 27, 2017

eh, unless you know the new character is broken, you are better off summoning as usual and getting some gold paper or ore as you need them

Jive Turkey

Oct 25, 2017
It's literally the same system that already exists (and works) in GBF.

They don't "expect you to pull 300 times." They expect you to get what you want out of a banner before that. But in the off chance you were saving up and still don't get what you want, you now have a safety net.
Yep. I would have loved it in the first Fire Emblem event when I pulled 700-800 times chasing Marth and Fjorm only to get Veronica 9 times.

Oct 27, 2017
GA, USA
So Mini Mids and Mini Zodi are both in the Treasure Trade for Fafnir medals. 1 medal each for a max of 5, so if you missed one of them earlier, you can get a MUB copy to go with your new Mini Hildy.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I'd say start from scratchif you don't have an invested account and try for Gala Zena in a few days. She's light element (i.e., neutral) so you can bring her pretty much anywhere, and while we won't know for sure until she releases, her current gameplay + abilities look to be very strong.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Hmm, I also have an account that I bailed on partway through the first event near launch, but I forget what I had on it -- at least one 5* character and dragon, I think, but don't remember what resources. Apparently brand new accounts get a free 5* character from a small selection pool, and free 10-summons for their first week of play (wonder if they would stack with the anniversary campaign), so I wonder if it would be better to just start from scratch.
I think last time we had free summons the newbie free tenfold summons did stack, as far as I remember

retrobotjr

Jan 10, 2018
I've been away from the game for a pretty long time. Last thing I remember being added JUST before I quit was revives. Seems like a ton is different and I'm kinda overwhelmed, no idea which units are decent anymore or how to outfit them.

Ekid

Dec 21, 2017
So I decided to reinstall the game for the 2nd anniversary after seeing the new thread and damn, I didn't expect so much change since I left the game during the MH event.

I'm completely lost with all the weapons, wyrmprints and skills change. I guess I will just focus on the current event ending soon and the story content for now.

Parshias

Oct 25, 2017
The DPS Sim has the new print system in the Custom Build if you want to mess around with it. The builds are obviously still under construction.

It looks like we might be seeing a double affliction punisher meta for certain elements or characters. Frostbite has a longer duration than the other ailments so you can get good uptime on it even with a shared skill. There are characters like Marth who are running Xander's SS and then doing Burn+Frostbite Punisher for their prints.

Parshias

Oct 25, 2017
They screwed up the Agito upgrade costs for the elements that formerly had T2s. They did take the materials needed to upgrade from T1->T2 and just divided them in five to spread across the refine and the four unbinds, but the rupie cost is the problem.

It cost 3 million rupies to upgrade an Agito weapon from T1->T2. Now it costs 3 million for the refine and 7.5 million for each unbind, for 33 million rupies to get what you used to get for 3 million. Hopefully they'll be making an adjustment to that soon. Thankfully I made all the available T2 weapons before the update hit.

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
I finally was able to solo eTart. That will help reduce the temptation to unbind Thor before anniversary summons are finished.

Finished; thanks for doing this again!

Much appreciated! 🙏
So it turns out I was wrong and hadn't actually linked my account before I had deleted the game way back when, making it a moot point.

Though I'm still not entirely sure why I'm actually giving this another shot, since I have no particular attachment to it as an original IP and the eventual core of the actual gameplay if you want to end up playing regularly is an endless grind in high-difficulty multiplayer that requires offline coordination, which really isn't my style.
Also I generally only really care about the story for this sort of game anyway, and while I'm sure most of the events were (relatively) standalone, it sounds like both the anniversary rerun that's almost over and the one that just started are critically important.
Plus I've missed all the other limited-time event content, especially welfare characters, and the small handful they currently have available in their "play past events" mode have worse rewards than if you'd played them live.

But I'm downloading all the data now (and making my phone burning hot in the process) for... some reason.
DL is in the best state that it's ever been in and it keeps getting better. I'm glad you're at least giving it a second chance. :)

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
So it turns out I was wrong and hadn't actually linked my account before I had deleted the game way back when, making it a moot point.

Though I'm still not entirely sure why I'm actually giving this another shot, since I have no particular attachment to it as an original IP and the eventual core of the actual gameplay if you want to end up playing regularly is an endless grind in high-difficulty multiplayer that requires offline coordination, which really isn't my style.
Also I generally only really care about the story for this sort of game anyway, and while I'm sure most of the events were (relatively) standalone, it sounds like both the anniversary rerun that's almost over and the one that just started are critically important.
Plus I've missed all the other limited-time event content, especially welfare characters, and the small handful they currently have available in their "play past events" mode have worse rewards than if you'd played them live.

But I'm downloading all the data now (and making my phone burning hot in the process) for... some reason.
As mentioned it's definitely worth another chance, but if it's not your thing there's no shame in moving on again. Nice to see you giving it a go regardless, as things have changed pretty considerably from the last time your played. It's impressive seeing the amount of work they're still putting into the game (like the fact that they added a new graphical style to ALL adventurers/dragons/etc., as well as balancing more than 120 of them. It's insane.

I hope your second round with the game goes better for you!

hat_hair

Oct 26, 2017
I'm a little disappointed that the anniversary diamantium packs are so expensive. If there had been one at half the price I would have bought in, but dropping £75 in one go gives me pause.

On in game stuff, it appears I am woefully lacking in Catoblepas and Phantom materials, I might need to do some 99x runs when the double drops come around.

Razmos

Oct 28, 2017
I'm a little disappointed that the anniversary diamantium packs are so expensive. If there had been one at half the price I would have bought in, but dropping £75 in one go gives me pause.

On in game stuff, it appears I am woefully lacking in Catoblepas and Phantom materials, I might need to do some 99x runs when the double drops come around.
Those 2 are my main material bottlenecks too :P

Josh378

Oct 27, 2017
LOL at at my gold was at 100 million, and now at 11 million. Upgrading my light team weapons expense is ridiculous. I gave up on not getting Gala Thor, so now I am just trying to roll Randomly. I did get Horus and can't think of any Scenario where I can use him on my fire team...

Now I am farming Master Dragons...wow how one update can change things. I am inspired to get all of my character Agito weapons, where in the past I just wanted to farm one weapon per element. EVERYBODY is going AGITO or Max Dragon weapon.

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
As a Day1 super casual player who never understood the right weapons to make for HDT and Agito, this is great.

As a Day1 super casual player who never grinded the mats for the weapons, holy hell I have a lot to grind. Chimeratech weapons alone for my desired team are draining my pots, but thankfully I have a ton.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
LOL at at my gold was at 100 million, and now at 11 million. Upgrading my light team weapons expense is ridiculous. I gave up on not getting Gala Thor, so now I am just trying to roll Randomly. I did get Horus and can't think of any Scenario where I can use him on my fire team...

Now I am farming Master Dragons...wow how one update can change things. I am inspired to get all of my character Agito weapons, where in the past I just wanted to farm one weapon per element. EVERYBODY is going AGITO or Max Dragon weapon.
Horus is best on Emma I believe if you have her.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017

They've actually changed that now. All end-game quests after the v2 update now have solo versions. Granted, it will still take a while to get there due to all the grind you'll need to do.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm hoping the tweaked solo endgame content means they are going to start adding welfare character events to the compendium soon.

Also I want to point out that it is bs that Botan didn't get buffed.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Wasn't Botan really good after her mana spiral?
Yes, but then Patia happened.

Granted most Welfare characters suffer from having a passive that is useless 99% of the time (Thaumian Bane for Botan).

Also the Bleeding Punisher print is still bad after the update where I for sure thought it would get buffed.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Also also Lathna got buffed despite generally out dpsing her.

Same thing happened in wind where Kirsty got snubbed while Sylas got a buff.

Razmos

Oct 28, 2017
It does say certain other quests in the ability description so... maybe? I can't test it yet

Razmos

Oct 28, 2017
I suppose Botan being overshadowed should be kinda expected since she is a welfare unit?