• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
I finally beat this bum. Took me like 20 minutes but I did it with the power of running away then using force strikes and pay to win. My healers were unable to survive a single a SS so I couldnt count on them healing so I just ran around for 15 minutes wittling its HP down little by little.

Then once I got it down to the final 20%, it used a SS and destroyed me. I was out of revives so I just paid the 20 wyrmites to retry and it filled up all my skills and dragon meter and I just button mashed until I won. Whew.

This chapters been quite the slog so far but these were also designed for high level players to begin with. I do appreciate how much easier these endeavors are to complete compared to chapter 12.

If I give a shadow weapon to an adventurer with a different element, will they still gain the abilities of that weapon? I have only 2 shadow adventurers and I don't want to invest in all these resources to get Alex up to speed. I know I'll miss out on the same element bonus.

Do you mind me asking for a screenshot of what your team looked like for Zephyr? Might be too late for that fight now, but there may be improvements we can suggest that will help be an example for if you hit a similar wall in the future.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I can't wait to see what they have planned for the Anniversary. Only a little more than three weeks to go!

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
Do you mind me asking for a screenshot of what your team looked like for Zephyr? Might be too late for that fight now, but there may be improvements we can suggest that will help be an example for if you hit a similar wall in the future.

I dont have a screenshot but I used Euden (70), Karl (70), Valentines Hildegaarde (80) and Summer Verica (80), each with 40 mana circle upgrades. Euden and Hil had the 4* void weapons and Karl had a 3* void weapon. I think the total might was shy of 16k. I dont remember which wyrmprints I had though.

This fight gave me so much trouble so I was surprised how easy the rest of the void dragons were. Despite having similar might, I breezed through the remaining ones. For Zephyr, it was really the dragon delay and savage squalls that made it so difficult.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
I dont have a screenshot but I used Euden (70), Karl (70), Valentines Hildegaarde (80) and Summer Verica (80), each with 40 mana circle upgrades. Euden and Hil had the 4* void weapons and Karl had a 3* void weapon. I think the total might was shy of 16k. I dont remember which wyrmprints I had though.

This fight gave me so much trouble so I was surprised how easy the rest of the void dragons were. Despite having similar might, I breezed through the remaining ones. For Zephyr, it was really the dragon delay and savage squalls that made it so difficult.
I believe you should have gotten Aoi in the group of 3* starting characters the game gives you. She resists Sleep (which Zephyr inflicts) and in the long run she stacks up pretty well to the other non-limited fire blade characters.

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
I believe you should have gotten Aoi in the group of 3* starting characters the game gives you. She resists Sleep (which Zephyr inflicts) and in the long run she stacks up pretty well to the other non-limited fire blade characters.

Ah yeah I just noticed I had her all this time. I guess I shouldn't discriminate against 3* adventurers as I completely ignored everyone under 4 lol

ThatMeanScene

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
This Gala banner totally screwed me. First time a Gala banner with a starting 6.00% rate drained me of 20K wyrmite and 4 Tenfold tickets. I kept getting old, non-banner characters. I feel like they've made the drop rates worse in the backend without saying anything.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Ah yeah I just noticed I had her all this time. I guess I shouldn't discriminate against 3* adventurers as I completely ignored everyone under 4 lol
Aoi, Xania, Joe, Vice, Althemia, Melody, and Ricardt are all 3* that are worth investing in. They require Eldwater to promote, but their Manaspiral levels 51-70 should be much more approachable, in terms of resources, to a newer player.

Edit: Estelle may also be worth taking a look at when she gets her mana spiral extension tomorrow.

Last edited:

ginnokane

Oct 28, 2017
This Gala banner totally screwed me. First time a Gala banner with a starting 6.00% rate drained me of 20K wyrmite and 4 Tenfold tickets. I kept getting old, non-banner characters. I feel like they've made the drop rates worse in the backend without saying anything.
Yeah, it was nearly the same for me (20k wyrm, 4 tens, ~50 singles). I assume you were pulling for Thor? Did you get him after it all? I feel lucky that at least I got all the new characters on the banner along the way to finally getting him, and a couple dragon unbinds. Seriously didn't need 4 Ramiels though T_T

ElFly

Oct 27, 2017
radiant xuan zang and peony at the funeral watch Lucretia raise from her coffin dot gif

tho unless Spiral Lucretia is insanely broken, she cannot outdo Peony's chain coability

ThatMeanScene

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Yeah, it was nearly the same for me (20k wyrm, 4 tens, ~50 singles). I assume you were pulling for Thor? Did you get him after it all? I feel lucky that at least I got all the new characters on the banner along the way to finally getting him, and a couple dragon unbinds. Seriously didn't need 4 Ramiels though T_T
I got 1 Ramiel. All the other 5 stars I got were repeats from older banners. :-(

Parshias

Oct 25, 2017
Chapter 4 of the story is half stamina and double drops again. So go and farm those Cupid/Gilgamesh/Jeanna essences to stock up for whatever that extra use for essences might end up being. Or just for unbinds.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm really liking that these events are now setting up bigger event narratives.

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
Any tips for dealing with Volk in chapter 14? I'm getting destroyed by those sleep afflictions and those bombs that seem unavoidable.

Also, is it possible to get to 20k might without promoting units? My dojos and altars are all lvl 20-25 but most of the strongest units are still 4* with maxed out mana circles. I don't know if I should spend all my eldwater promoting Euden as he's my strongest flame adventurer.

Aoi, Xania, Joe, Vice, Althemia, Melody, and Ricardt are all 3* that are worth investing in. They require Eldwater to promote, but their Manaspiral levels 51-70 should be much more approachable, in terms of resources, to a newer player.

Edit: Estelle may also be worth taking a look at when she gets her mana spiral extension tomorrow.

Awesome, I'll keep these in mind.

Vilifier

Oct 25, 2017
Any tips for dealing with Volk in chapter 14? I'm getting destroyed by those sleep afflictions and those bombs that seem unavoidable.

Also, is it possible to get to 20k might without promoting units? My dojos and altars are all lvl 20-25 but most of the strongest units are still 4* with maxed out mana circles. I don't know if I should spend all my eldwater promoting Euden as he's my strongest flame adventurer.

For the bombs, you can defuse them but running into them with an adventurer matching it's resistance.

Red matches with Stun Resistant Adventurers and Green matches with Sleep Resistant Adventurers. You'll need either a mixed element team or someone with dual resistances like Gala Sarisse or Gala Laxi.

I don't think you need to promote Euden to beat it. If you haven't already, I'd start looking at crafting some Tier 2 Chimeratech weapons from the Chimera Strike Void Battles. Even a CT2 0UB weapon should be enough to beat story Volk.

If you're still having issues; I can help you beat it via co-op.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017

Red bombs stun and green bombs sleep. If you walk through one as a character that resists it, you'll be fine and actually get a skill charging buff. Though you walk through one when plagued, you'll get afflicted no matter what; any healing will help for getting rid of plague. If you let them stick around long enough that he blows them up... get your team somewhere safe.

How are your dragons and prints looking? And keep in mind that you can get a +600 might boost on every member of your team through augmenting both the character and their prints. Though I'd be careful to use them only on the ones you use the most while you're this early on; they're costly to get back.

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
For the bombs, you can defuse them but running into them with an adventurer matching it's resistance.

Red matches with Stun Resistant Adventurers and Green matches with Sleep Resistant Adventurers. You'll need either a mixed element team or someone with dual resistances like Gala Sarisse or Gala Laxi.

I don't think you need to promote Euden to beat it. If you haven't already, I'd start looking at crafting some Tier 2 Chimeratech weapons from the Chimera Strike Void Battles. Even a CT2 0UB weapon should be enough to beat story Volk.

If you're still having issues; I can help you beat it via co-op.
Red bombs stun and green bombs sleep. If you walk through one as a character that resists it, you'll be fine and actually get a skill charging buff. Though you walk through one when plagued, you'll get afflicted no matter what; any healing will help for getting rid of plague. If you let them stick around long enough that he blows them up... get your team somewhere safe.

How are your dragons and prints looking? And keep in mind that you can get a +600 might boost on every member of your team through augmenting both the character and their prints. Though I'd be careful to use them only on the ones you use the most while you're this early on; they're costly to get back.

Thanks for the tips about the bombs! That's what kept messing things up. It's easy to dodge his attacks that inflict sleep but the bombs destroyed my entire party.

This was so tough and now I have to beat am even harder version of him after lol. I'm guessing for this endeavor the game wants me to build the flame Chimeratech Officer?

My dragons are kind of weak. They're all around lvl 15 cept Brunhilda who is at 22. I haven't been summoning so I only have 2 fire dragons and all my other strong adventurers are at a disadvantage against him.

I'm not sure which wyrmprints to augment for this endeavor. The strongest ones I have are Valiant Crown, The Fleeting Girl, Heavenly Holiday, and Worthy Rivals. I got a bunch of free materials but I also don't want to waste them. Despite playing for a while, I only have a handful of gemstones. For how rare these items are, they don't really increase your strength that much.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the tips about the bombs! That's what kept messing things up. It's easy to dodge his attacks that inflict sleep but the bombs destroyed my entire party.

This was so tough and now I have to beat am even harder version of him after lol. I'm guessing for this endeavor the game wants me to build the flame Chimeratech Officer?

My dragons are kind of weak. They're all around lvl 15 cept Brunhilda who is at 22. I haven't been summoning so I only have 2 fire dragons and all my other strong adventurers are at a disadvantage against him.

I'm not sure which wyrmprints to augment for this endeavor. The strongest ones I have are Valiant Crown, The Fleeting Girl, Heavenly Holiday, and Worthy Rivals. I got a bunch of free materials but I also don't want to waste them. Despite playing for a while, I only have a handful of gemstones. For how rare these items are, they don't really increase your strength that much.
Valiant Crown has pretty good longetivity

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
w/r/t Gala I ended up getting both new adventurers and 3 Thors without spending a ton of wyrmite... though trying to push to get Ramiel too just got me the extra Thors and a couple dupe Pinons (alongside another dupe or two), when I was totally fine spending some of my growing pile of sunstones on him, so that was me being too greedy

That is kinda absolutely why you're having trouble with these fights, unfortunately. You're got extremely weak buffs when eventually you'll be rocking 45% strength when you have MUB Ifrits and eventually 60% strength or an equivalent/better when you have MUB 5*s. I feel bad, we should have encouraged you to pull a bit more rather than just save for anniversary if you were lacking that many basic things... though unfortunately it's too late now, with the light focus banner; I feel like this kind of banner really screws over early players...

Augments aren't exactly rare long-term, also; they constantly drop from all the endgame fights, as well as the Void fights that are worth farming. It's just that you won't have many sources of them early on, though they also matter the most for endgame stuff anyway.

Valiant Crown is the print that's worth investing in of those, but I think when you have some to spare you should try to prioritize using eldwater to get at least a 2UB copy of some of the basic "bread and butter" prints that will help in most situations. Resounding Rendition can be used by almost anyone as long as they actually have an attack skill, and will be one of the better options for them; Valiant Crown is very good but only if there's a good amount of defense buffs happening. For similar skill damage prints... Sword units usually prefer The Shining Overlord, daggers usually prefer Twinfold Bonds, and wands usually prefer Candy Couriers. Some of the other weapon-based prints see use but I feel like they're usually not best in slot anymore. Similarly you should look into punisher prints like Me And My Besty. And so on.

Last edited:

Ozzie

One Winged Slayer
Jan 12, 2018
I just wanted to post here that I FINALLY completed Master Volk, I feel so freaking happy lol. It was really close, Volk was nearly dead and someone died and decided to give up. Only 3 of us left but we didn't give up, Volk kept healing but we kept going and going and then we all transformed and finished Volk.

I'm still feeling the adrenaline lol. Now to enhance Nothung for Marth/Chrom.

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
Loved chapter 14. The Volk fights were hard but fair as it didn't have any frustrating 1HKOs or unavoidable attacks. The second fight was easier than the first largely due to familiarity with his attack patterns and better weapons. I also went with 2 healers this time.

I really liked the castle maps. They looked gorgeous and it made me want a proper console DL game even more. The art and presentation of the cutscenes seem to get better and better every chapter as well and I especially loved the opening scene by the campfire. I hope Nintendo has bigger plans for the franchise down the road.

That is kinda absolutely why you're having trouble with these fights, unfortunately. You're got extremely weak buffs when eventually you'll be rocking 45% strength when you have MUB Ifrits and eventually 60% strength or an equivalent/better when you have MUB 5*s. I feel bad, we should have encouraged you to pull a bit more rather than just save for anniversary if you were lacking that many basic things... though unfortunately it's too late now, with the light focus banner; I feel like this kind of banner really screws over early players...

Augments aren't exactly rare long-term, also; they constantly drop from all the endgame fights, as well as the Void fights that are worth farming. It's just that you won't have many sources of them early on, though they also matter the most for endgame stuff anyway.

Valiant Crown is the print that's worth investing in of those, but I think when you have some to spare you should try to prioritize using eldwater to get at least a 2UB copy of some of the basic "bread and butter" prints that will help in most situations. Resounding Rendition can be used by almost anyone as long as they actually have an attack skill, and will be one of the better options for them; Valiant Crown is very good but only if there's a good amount of defense buffs happening. For similar skill damage prints... Sword units usually prefer The Shining Overlord, daggers usually prefer Twinfold Bonds, and wands usually prefer Candy Couriers. Some of the other weapon-based prints see use but I feel like they're usually not best in slot anymore. Similarly you should look into punisher prints like Me And My Besty. And so on.

Haha, no worries. I was actually running out of wyrmite and diamantium is way too expensive for summons so I was planning on stopping for a while anyways. Right now I'm just doing some events on the side and completeing endeavors to stock up on wyrmite, eldwater and summon tickets. I'm almost caught up to the campaign so I'll go through all the available events on the compendium to further stock up. Leveling dragons in general is a pretty slow endeavor anyways. I wish dragons liked other items besides the clovers.

How often are events added to the compendium? I'm sure I've missed a ton and seems like these events sometimes flesh out story elements from the campaign.

Good to hear about augments. After I'm caught up, I'll start to tackle some of these harder battles and work on builds for those purposes. I honestly haven't paid attention to adventurer abilities until this chapter so being more cognizant of those (and just being patient during battles) will make some of the challenges easier down the road.

Thanks for the details about the prints. I haven't purchased any from the shop yet and have just relied on acquiring them in quests. I'm probably missing the good ones simply because I haven't really done any void or raid battles yet.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Loved chapter 14. The Volk fights were hard but fair as it didn't have any frustrating 1HKOs or unavoidable attacks. The second fight was easier than the first largely due to familiarity with his attack patterns and better weapons. I also went with 2 healers this time.

I really liked the castle maps. They looked gorgeous and it made me want a proper console DL game even more. The art and presentation of the cutscenes seem to get better and better every chapter as well and I especially loved the opening scene by the campfire. I hope Nintendo has bigger plans for the franchise down the road.

Haha, no worries. I was actually running out of wyrmite and diamantium is way too expensive for summons so I was planning on stopping for a while anyways. Right now I'm just doing some events on the side and completeing endeavors to stock up on wyrmite, eldwater and summon tickets. I'm almost caught up to the campaign so I'll go through all the available events on the compendium to further stock up. Leveling dragons in general is a pretty slow endeavor anyways. I wish dragons liked other items besides the clovers.

How often are events added to the compendium? I'm sure I've missed a ton and seems like these events sometimes flesh out story elements from the campaign.

Good to hear about augments. After I'm caught up, I'll start to tackle some of these harder battles and work on builds for those purposes. I honestly haven't paid attention to adventurer abilities until this chapter so being more cognizant of those (and just being patient during battles) will make some of the challenges easier down the road.

Thanks for the details about the prints. I haven't purchased any from the shop yet and have just relied on acquiring them in quests. I'm probably missing the good ones simply because I haven't really done any void or raid battles yet.

Let me think of some random tips to keep in mind for the compendium, and to some extent facility events in general... And by "let me think", I really let myself keep going, hah. Some of this is obvious, some of it may not be, so hopefully this info dump helps:
  • Try to maximize the relevant bonus from event prints - you want as many points as possible from challenge battles and as much of the facility material as possible from boss battles. This may be obvious, but it means you'll only want to start unbinding the event print once everyone has a 0UB copy equipped.1 MUB + 2 0UB = 4 0UB in terms of effect, so you can use one of the equipped copies as the last unbind if you want.
  • Remember that the facility specifically buffs damage in the event alongside the more general element or weapon buff it gives. So if you're having too much trouble with a challenge battle, focus on leveling the facility through boss battles first.
  • If there are good prints in the eldwater shop that also give event bonuses, you might want to prioritize buying those to help. You could buy 3 copies and keep them separate until you finish the event; since usually the 0UB copy gives +100% points while a MUB event print gives +50%, they'll hit the usual cap on an individual character of +150% points together. You'l also be able to get a free copy of one of the related 5* prints through the event shop, which will cover the fourth character (and save you some eldwater).
  • For the compendium events, the prints that also have extra event buffs I think are worth looking into are... Sister's Day Out (used for strats that rely on quickly recharging skills) for Flames of Reflection, The Prince of Dragonyule (water daggers may like it) and Spirit of the Season (light units in general like it - it's the paralyze punisher print) for The Miracle of Dragonyule, Stellar Show (force strike + crit damage and mostly liked by some sword users, I think?) for Dream Big Under the Big Top, and Forest Bonds (bow-exclusive skill damage + striking haste) for The Hunt for Harmony. Actually, there's another one that may be good for newer players - Fresh Perspective is FS + skill damage for A Wish to the Winds and is another one that swords may like. It's only 4*, but the 5* equivalent is Mega Friends from the Megaman event so you can't get that... so Fresh Perspective may be useful and will be a little cheaper than others. Though its event buff is materials and not points.
  • I would say for the most part that it's not really worth investing levels in the event prints (that didn't come from the eldwater shop)... but since you're so relatively weak across the board, you might need to, at least on your lead. To that end, I'll point out that some facility prints are actually going to be useful for you to use outside of the events and will be safer to invest in. They're effectively budget versions of better prints because they only have one ability instead of two, which means they're never best in slot but will still be useful if that one ability is good. Unfortunately, now that I look, I don't think the current compendium ones are among the better ones of those... the main good one that's in that batch is Astounding Trick, which has >70% HP = strength buff, so that's ok to slap on anyone if you know they'll be healthy-ish most of the time. And A Mother's Love is Gauge Accelerator which is more of a niche thing, but might be useful for some boss fights (Void Agni specifically comes to mind) if you don't have anything better. Otherwise... Louise's Hobbies is only useful for healers and there's probably a better alternative just in what you have, A Slice of Dragonyule is only skill prep which isn't bad but is going to be very situational, and The Dragon Smiths is healing doublebuff (getting a defense buff also gives you weak health regen for a bit) which may help someone survive if you do have someone in the party giving defense buffs.
  • If you really want to maximize your gain of facility materials (which, after finishing leveling the facility, can also be traded up to to the other event currencies in the shop), it may be worth looking into the 3* prints that the older events had? You may have ended up with a few of them already, even. May seem like a waste of eldwater at a glance, but even just a 0UB copy (+50% materials) + a 0UB event print (+25% materials) = +75% cap on each character. Buying 4 0UB copies would cost you 1.3k eldwater but if you sell them back when you're done you'll get 150 for each, so only down 700 at that point. Then if you sell any extra event prints you don't have a use for (Astounding Trick aside you're probably fine just keeping 1 MUB copy), you'd get 300 for each of those and probably break even. These prints are Tiny Dragonatas, Welcome One and All, Roast Feast, and Garuda's Feathers. There are 2 more of these 3* prints for events not currently in the compendium - The Heretic's Laboratory and Pumpkin Pail - so make sure to keep any copies of the former that you end up with.
  • ...I actually didn't know this till I saw it by chance on the wiki just now, and I doubt you're really at the point where you're doing it anyway, but just so you know - there's apparently no point to running Master challenge battles in the compendium, beyond clearing each once. Since they removed the pool of extra reward drops, there's apparently no difference (usually you'd get a better chance of those) in rewards compared to running Expert.
Uh, all that being said...

In terms of where good "free" prints come from, drops are very rare across the board outside of events where they're somewhat common (mostly the event print but sometimes the associated ones from the eldwater shop), so I wouldn't say Voids or raids (which aren't what high dragons or Agito are, to be clear, and HD and Agito don't drop prints anyway) are gating you on that. Raid event prints tend to be kinda eh compared to the facility ones, honestly, though you can sometimes get other good 5*s from the raid rewards I guess. For day to day drops, there's good ones spread throughout the various modes, but I'd say you're more likely to end up unbinding some additional copies of good ones through the sheer amount of IO you have to run to upgrade dojos more than anything else. Over time I ended up with 2 extra MUB copies of Resounding Rendition along with a few other well liked prints that way. But it's pretty unlikely that you'll be able to rely on drops for anything for your first copies.

Also, honestly, I'd say most events don't really tie to the main story for better or worse. The one with the most significant story is really the raid that's about to rerun from last anniversary, Fractured Futures, and it's fair to assume the followup event will have a big story too. And we got the Compendium back in March and it looks like we've had an event added in May and July, so... I guess we're on track for one pretty soon, probably? It wasn't mentioned in This Month, but it could be part of the anniversary news; otherwise it'll be next month. Cause it's probably either Accursed Archives (last reran last October) or Trick or Treasure (Halloween event), which means either is relevant to be added in October, and the cynical part of me thinks they'll just do a regular rerun of the latter again but who knows.

Parshias

Oct 25, 2017
I hit a 2.1 million damage Thor skill using Lucretia this morning. Tartarus just straight up died on break. Man that felt good.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
So I haven't unbound Thor yet and I have 3 0UB copies - is it worth keeping one separate since I'm not hurting for sunstones? Compared to some of the other Gala/limited dragons, he feels a little more dependent on using his dragon form/not as good at only 0UB, so I'm not sure if it's worth keeping an extra or not vs using my regular MUB light 5*s.

Vilifier

Oct 25, 2017
GitHub | Dragalia Lost | Model Viewer

You can now create your own Dragalia Lost Alts.

Introducing Student Joe! (S!Maribelle x Joe)
3li9WJy.jpg

Vena

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I will say, them taking on actual balance rather than burying their heads in the sand *coughfehcough* is nice to see in a dev.

I think it's also encouraging for the health of the game long-term.

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
All caught up with the campaign. I'm really enjoying the story, despite some lackluster chapters here and there. Gotta love JRPGs and forgiving mass murderers. I burst out laughing at how the Other was dealt with. Considering how Euden's journey is to do what Alberius couldn't, I expect him to come back down the line with even more power than before.

I'm also extremely impressed with the presentation of the chapters. They keep getting better and better. Really glad I chose to play this on the iPad instead of my phone so I can really appreciate the artwork. I also like how they're starting to add interludes between chapter releases. It'd be cool if they released a new story quest every week like manga so you're always engaged with it in between events and stuff.

Let me think of some random tips to keep in mind for the compendium, and to some extent facility events in general... And by "let me think", I really let myself keep going, hah. Some of this is obvious, some of it may not be, so hopefully this info dump helps:
  • Try to maximize the relevant bonus from event prints - you want as many points as possible from challenge battles and as much of the facility material as possible from boss battles. This may be obvious, but it means you'll only want to start unbinding the event print once everyone has a 0UB copy equipped.1 MUB + 2 0UB = 4 0UB in terms of effect, so you can use one of the equipped copies as the last unbind if you want.
  • Remember that the facility specifically buffs damage in the event alongside the more general element or weapon buff it gives. So if you're having too much trouble with a challenge battle, focus on leveling the facility through boss battles first.
  • If there are good prints in the eldwater shop that also give event bonuses, you might want to prioritize buying those to help. You could buy 3 copies and keep them separate until you finish the event; since usually the 0UB copy gives +100% points while a MUB event print gives +50%, they'll hit the usual cap on an individual character of +150% points together. You'l also be able to get a free copy of one of the related 5* prints through the event shop, which will cover the fourth character (and save you some eldwater).
  • For the compendium events, the prints that also have extra event buffs I think are worth looking into are... Sister's Day Out (used for strats that rely on quickly recharging skills) for Flames of Reflection, The Prince of Dragonyule (water daggers may like it) and Spirit of the Season (light units in general like it - it's the paralyze punisher print) for The Miracle of Dragonyule, Stellar Show (force strike + crit damage and mostly liked by some sword users, I think?) for Dream Big Under the Big Top, and Forest Bonds (bow-exclusive skill damage + striking haste) for The Hunt for Harmony. Actually, there's another one that may be good for newer players - Fresh Perspective is FS + skill damage for A Wish to the Winds and is another one that swords may like. It's only 4*, but the 5* equivalent is Mega Friends from the Megaman event so you can't get that... so Fresh Perspective may be useful and will be a little cheaper than others. Though its event buff is materials and not points.
  • I would say for the most part that it's not really worth investing levels in the event prints (that didn't come from the eldwater shop)... but since you're so relatively weak across the board, you might need to, at least on your lead. To that end, I'll point out that some facility prints are actually going to be useful for you to use outside of the events and will be safer to invest in. They're effectively budget versions of better prints because they only have one ability instead of two, which means they're never best in slot but will still be useful if that one ability is good. Unfortunately, now that I look, I don't think the current compendium ones are among the better ones of those... the main good one that's in that batch is Astounding Trick, which has >70% HP = strength buff, so that's ok to slap on anyone if you know they'll be healthy-ish most of the time. And A Mother's Love is Gauge Accelerator which is more of a niche thing, but might be useful for some boss fights (Void Agni specifically comes to mind) if you don't have anything better. Otherwise... Louise's Hobbies is only useful for healers and there's probably a better alternative just in what you have, A Slice of Dragonyule is only skill prep which isn't bad but is going to be very situational, and The Dragon Smiths is healing doublebuff (getting a defense buff also gives you weak health regen for a bit) which may help someone survive if you do have someone in the party giving defense buffs.
  • If you really want to maximize your gain of facility materials (which, after finishing leveling the facility, can also be traded up to to the other event currencies in the shop), it may be worth looking into the 3* prints that the older events had? You may have ended up with a few of them already, even. May seem like a waste of eldwater at a glance, but even just a 0UB copy (+50% materials) + a 0UB event print (+25% materials) = +75% cap on each character. Buying 4 0UB copies would cost you 1.3k eldwater but if you sell them back when you're done you'll get 150 for each, so only down 700 at that point. Then if you sell any extra event prints you don't have a use for (Astounding Trick aside you're probably fine just keeping 1 MUB copy), you'd get 300 for each of those and probably break even. These prints are Tiny Dragonatas, Welcome One and All, Roast Feast, and Garuda's Feathers. There are 2 more of these 3* prints for events not currently in the compendium - The Heretic's Laboratory and Pumpkin Pail - so make sure to keep any copies of the former that you end up with.
  • ...I actually didn't know this till I saw it by chance on the wiki just now, and I doubt you're really at the point where you're doing it anyway, but just so you know - there's apparently no point to running Master challenge battles in the compendium, beyond clearing each once. Since they removed the pool of extra reward drops, there's apparently no difference (usually you'd get a better chance of those) in rewards compared to running Expert.
Uh, all that being said...

In terms of where good "free" prints come from, drops are very rare across the board outside of events where they're somewhat common (mostly the event print but sometimes the associated ones from the eldwater shop), so I wouldn't say Voids or raids (which aren't what high dragons or Agito are, to be clear, and HD and Agito don't drop prints anyway) are gating you on that. Raid event prints tend to be kinda eh compared to the facility ones, honestly, though you can sometimes get other good 5*s from the raid rewards I guess. For day to day drops, there's good ones spread throughout the various modes, but I'd say you're more likely to end up unbinding some additional copies of good ones through the sheer amount of IO you have to run to upgrade dojos more than anything else. Over time I ended up with 2 extra MUB copies of Resounding Rendition along with a few other well liked prints that way. But it's pretty unlikely that you'll be able to rely on drops for anything for your first copies.

Also, honestly, I'd say most events don't really tie to the main story for better or worse. The one with the most significant story is really the raid that's about to rerun from last anniversary, Fractured Futures, and it's fair to assume the followup event will have a big story too. And we got the Compendium back in March and it looks like we've had an event added in May and July, so... I guess we're on track for one pretty soon, probably? It wasn't mentioned in This Month, but it could be part of the anniversary news; otherwise it'll be next month. Cause it's probably either Accursed Archives (last reran last October) or Trick or Treasure (Halloween event), which means either is relevant to be added in October, and the cynical part of me thinks they'll just do a regular rerun of the latter again but who knows.

Dude, thanks so much for all this information. Defnitely bookmarking it for future reference!

I've started to use the relevant prints for the events. I wish I paid attention to that before as I would have saved so much time and stamina leveling up sanctity and gathering materials. I have a decent amount of eldwater so I've been purchasing some of the cheaper prints while making sure not to go below a certain level. I'm focused on completing the Royal Regimen and event endeavors at the moment to stock up on vouchers and eldwater.

I also promoted Aoi to 4 stars. Glad it doesn't cost much to go from 3* to 4* so I'm considering promoting a few more units to build element focused teams.

I know you might have mentioned this earlier but what do I do with the baby dragons? Is it worth leveling them or should I just let them go for eldwater? I have enough to max unbind most of them. Does that give me any materials or anything? I might just level them and give them to my extra adventurers.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Save one copy of each dragon even if you have no interest at all in them since when you max friendship with them you get Sunlight Ore, which you can eventually combine into a Sunlight Stone (10 ores for one stone) which is used to unbind 5 star dragons. The friendship is the same for all copies of the same dragon, so having multiple of the same ones doesn't help.

Last edited:

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
All caught up with the campaign. I'm really enjoying the story, despite some lackluster chapters here and there. Gotta love JRPGs and forgiving mass murderers. I burst out laughing at how the Other was dealt with. Considering how Euden's journey is to do what Alberius couldn't, I expect him to come back down the line with even more power than before.

I'm also extremely impressed with the presentation of the chapters. They keep getting better and better. Really glad I chose to play this on the iPad instead of my phone so I can really appreciate the artwork. I also like how they're starting to add interludes between chapter releases. It'd be cool if they released a new story quest every week like manga so you're always engaged with it in between events and stuff.

Dude, thanks so much for all this information. Defnitely bookmarking it for future reference!

I've started to use the relevant prints for the events. I wish I paid attention to that before as I would have saved so much time and stamina leveling up sanctity and gathering materials. I have a decent amount of eldwater so I've been purchasing some of the cheaper prints while making sure not to go below a certain level. I'm focused on completing the Royal Regimen and event endeavors at the moment to stock up on vouchers and eldwater.

I also promoted Aoi to 4 stars. Glad it doesn't cost much to go from 3* to 4* so I'm considering promoting a few more units to build element focused teams.

I know you might have mentioned this earlier but what do I do with the baby dragons? Is it worth leveling them or should I just let them go for eldwater? I have enough to max unbind most of them. Does that give me any materials or anything? I might just level them and give them to my extra adventurers.

Could be worse - had a friend start playing again recently, and he ended up farming all the facility materials for the last event by doing the challenge battle a ton and then trading down...

For 3*->4* promotion, it's not a huge cost, so it's probably fine to do a few more if you feel it would help. I would say it's more worth it to do it on ones that have good Spirals if possible, so that you'd save a little on resources long term if you eventually want to push them up to that. While this isn't really a game where you need to constantly go by tier lists, since you're trying to maximize your early resources it may help. A.J. mentioned some good ones an earlier post, so you can check those. But it's fair to just pick who you think is useful (might be good to look at what's specifically gained in their 4th circle) or just who you like design-wise.

As NeonZ said, you should save one copy of each 3* dragon so you can eventually bond with them for the sunlight ore, but otherwise you can sell the extras. My copy of each is MUB for the hell of it, but you don't need to be at more than 0UB if you're not going to actually use them. Though if you're lacking enough dragons in an element that you would get use of them,, it'd be fine to level them for that. Just prioritize your better dragons and only do it as needed, though.

Ozzie

One Winged Slayer
Jan 12, 2018
I feel sick, stupid and pissed. I spent 40k Wyrmite, 8 tenfolds and 120 single vouchers trying to get Grace. Didn't get her...I'm such a idiot. I even managed to get 10% rate too...I got nothing left.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I feel sick, stupid and pissed. I spent 40k Wyrmite, 8 tenfolds and 120 single vouchers trying to get Grace. Didn't get her...I'm such a idiot. I even managed to get 10% rate too...I got nothing left.

These elemental banners are pointless. Characters aren't actually on rate up. I've never rolled on one.

Sloth

Nov 27, 2017

Damn, sorry to hear that. Sometimes the gacha gods are cruel.

Last edited:

Ozzie

One Winged Slayer
Jan 12, 2018
Damn, sorry to hear that. Sometimes the gatcha gods are cruel.
Moment like these makes me hate Gacha so much lol. Oh well. I feel better now. Going to grind a lot for summon vouchers. Hopefully the anniversary offers a lot of free tenfold summons like last year when I joined.

kiich

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Jan 2, 2018
I also wasted 140 pulls on this cursed banner because I thought Grace had better rates. This!!! Sucks!!!

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Guys, please don't chase one character like this anyway. Maybe if they're limited, maybe... but you need to be ready for that result, and it's hard to be. Even Grace's utility isn't worth that feeling. I can definitely agree that their presentation of these banners is pretty misrepresentative though; I'm sorry you got caught by that.

Also... we're due for a Dream Summon sometime soon, it's been a long time since the last. If you're ok with spending on those, you can at least spend like $8-$15 (well, at worst $20 with about 25% of the dia left over) then depending on what packs are available and have her if you really need her that badly.

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
Save one copy of each dragon even if you have no interest at all in them since when you max friendship with them you get Sunlight Ore, which you can eventually combine into a Sunlight Stone (10 ores for one stone) which is used to unbind 5 star dragons. The friendship is the same for all copies of the same dragon, so having multiple of the same ones doesn't help.

Gotcha, sounds good. So I only need to increase their friendship? I dont have to worry about unbinding them or increasing their exp to get the ore?

Could be worse - had a friend start playing again recently, and he ended up farming all the facility materials for the last event by doing the challenge battle a ton and then trading down...

For 3*->4* promotion, it's not a huge cost, so it's probably fine to do a few more if you feel it would help. I would say it's more worth it to do it on ones that have good Spirals if possible, so that you'd save a little on resources long term if you eventually want to push them up to that. While this isn't really a game where you need to constantly go by tier lists, since you're trying to maximize your early resources it may help. A.J. mentioned some good ones an earlier post, so you can check those. But it's fair to just pick who you think is useful (might be good to look at what's specifically gained in their 4th circle) or just who you like design-wise.

As NeonZ said, you should save one copy of each 3* dragon so you can eventually bond with them for the sunlight ore, but otherwise you can sell the extras. My copy of each is MUB for the hell of it, but you don't need to be at more than 0UB if you're not going to actually use them. Though if you're lacking enough dragons in an element that you would get use of them,, it'd be fine to level them for that. Just prioritize your better dragons and only do it as needed, though.

Good to hear about the adventurers. I also have AJ's post bookmarked. There's a bunch that I really like but have avoided due to low star level or tier rankings but since I need more options I'm gonna start promoting some of them. I definitely need to start building some all element teams as I've already reached my ceiling in the Mercurial Gauntlets.