• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Vilifier

Oct 25, 2017
I couldn't find the cube post - got a link?

and though I want it, I don't believe that Switch game exists.
Here you go: Reddit: Chapter 15 EX 1-3 Boss Puzzle Solving Thread

I'm not putting any faith into the rumor. That entire speculation thread is only good for entertainment purposes; but seeing Dragalia called out did catch me off guard.

I do wonder if CyGames will expand on Dragalia eventually; it's kind of their company's shtick to take a brand and have it available across different media formats (mobile/console/anime/etc).

EDIT:

/u/Benjamin_CB on /r/DragaliaLost posted their new Team Builder tool they've been working on:
The site lets you share your current roster (Adventurers/Dragons/Wyrmprints/Weapons/Facilities) and Featured Teams like the following:

It looks like it's still early in development. Sharing non-featured teams is returning a "500 Internal Server Error" and it's not currently tracking individual stats like Mana Circles, Unbinds or Augments; but the tool looks like it may become a good way to track your roster and share team build ideas. The developer is taking feedback within the Reddit thread.

Last edited:

meataem

Teyvat Traveler
Jun 29, 2019
Out of curiosity, who has everyone built/plan to build for Tartarus this week? I spiraled up Hildegarde in case Tartarus needs a healer, and made a HDT2 dagger for Mitsuhide.

Parshias

Oct 25, 2017
I'm waiting for the fight to drop to really pull the trigger on anyone. I've got a MUB HDT2 sword from way back, so hopefully either Geuden or Alfonse end up being meta and I can just use that. I have the materials to make another Light HDT2 but I'd rather keep those greatspheres for facility upgrades if I can get away with it.

I did do my early Ciella and Ayaha+Otoha farming with Grace so she might just end up being good for Tartarus as well. Otherwise maybe I can use Chitose with an off-element Agito T2 since the missing stats won't matter much on a buffer.

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
Randomly started to play this game and I'm really digging it? I dont have any experience with gacha games so it's really overwhelming so far. So many menus and stuff to do. However, I do enjoy the core game and I wish each level and encounter was longer so I could spend more time exploring levels and stuff.

I spent a few hours so far and I'm near the end of Chapter 3. Not sure what I'm doing but it's fun. I like the story and kinda wish this was a console game haha. I really like the art direction and designs. I also did the free 10 fold pull and got a 5 Star Summer Cleo. Not sure what the odds are (or if you're guaranteed a 5 star on your free pull) but that felt nice.

kiich

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Jan 2, 2018
Out of curiosity, who has everyone built/plan to build for Tartarus this week? I spiraled up Hildegarde in case Tartarus needs a healer, and made a HDT2 dagger for Mitsuhide.
Right now I own MUB HDT2 Light Sword, Katana and Dagger from the olden days so I will probably run Gluca, Goofden and Mitsuhide at least on the first day Clears. After that... No idea, Light is linda weak but I hope Zhu Bajie is good, love that dude.

Randomly started to play this game and I'm really digging it? I dont have any experience with gacha games so it's really overwhelming so far. So many menus and stuff to do. However, I do enjoy the core game and I wish each level and encounter was longer so I could spend more time exploring levels and stuff.

I spent a few hours so far and I'm near the end of Chapter 3. Not sure what I'm doing but it's fun. I like the story and kinda wish this was a console game haha. I really like the art direction and designs. I also did the free 10 fold pull and got a 5 Star Summer Cleo. Not sure what the odds are (or if you're guaranteed a 5 star on your free pull) but that felt nice.
You are not guaranteed a 5* on your first pull. Congratulations! Later boss fights will take you longer but exploration unfortunately isnt this game focus.

Otter

Oct 27, 2017
I personally made a wand and dagger, figuring that between Peony, Radiant Xuan Zang, Mitsuhide, and Yukata Curran, one of them has got to have a spot on the meta team.

Soloing High Jupiter is pretty easy since shadow characters are so strong, so I won't be too worried if I have to make a different weapon. I'm working on dracoliths but talonstones are hard to come by, even after that recent event that gave a lot out.

OtterMatic

Oct 25, 2017
If you are aiming for the meta comp, wait for a week before investing someone. PUBs meta usually is set around week two unless they release more mana spiral. But Cygames make sure the past few Agito can have several different meta, so any of the top dps should do fine unless Tartarus requires stun or paralysis (which shouldn't be a problem since the top light dps can either inflict paralysis or punish paralyzed enemies.)

I personally have four different MUB 5T3 weapons so I'm not so concerned. But I will suggest people to wait before investing in a new light unit.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone in the pactbound alliance know why I was randomly made leader lol?

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
You are not guaranteed a 5* on your first pull. Congratulations! Later boss fights will take you longer but exploration unfortunately isnt this game focus.

Oh, sweet. I dont really have good luck with these types of things so that was cool haha.

I'm at chapter 6 now and the difficulty is really ramping up.

1) How do I revive party members?
2) I'm well over 1k below the suggested Might levels in the later Chapter 6 levels. Does that mean I should spend some time grinding to level up?

Last edited:

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
2) I'm well over 1k below the suggested Might levels in the later Chapter 6 levels. Does that mean I should spend some time grinding to level up?

Most of the leveling up in this game is done by using the Crystals you get in Avenue to Power. The game really feels like it wasn't designed to level up your adventurers naturally considering how quickly that goes compared to finishing levels using them.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Oh, sweet. I dont really have good luck with these types of things so that was cool haha.

I'm at chapter 6 now and the difficulty is really ramping up.

1) How do I revive party members?

1. There's no way to revive/resurrect individual party members mid-battle using a healer, if that's what you mean. The way revives work is... well, I am actually not sure on the exact places that do this or don't do this (maybe story doesn't?). But in valid places where you are able to revive, you will just revive automatically after every character you personally brought into the fight (so the entire party if you're solo) dies. You/all those characters will come back with a small amount of HP, your skill charge set to 0%, and all your buffs gone, so keep that in mind.

2. What NeonZ said is true. Generally speaking, this game doesn't really have grinding as a result, just farming materials.

meataem

Teyvat Traveler
Jun 29, 2019
It took them a year and a half, but Dragalia has finally discovered my weakness for ladies in suits.

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I'm kinda surprised, had expected them to just use GBF's Sandy when it came to it since he's such a popular character.

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
Most of the leveling up in this game is done by using the Crystals you get in Avenue to Power. The game really feels like it wasn't designed to level up your adventurers naturally considering how quickly that goes compared to finishing levels using them.
1. There's no way to revive/resurrect individual party members mid-battle using a healer, if that's what you mean. The way revives work is... well, I am actually not sure on the exact places that do this or don't do this (maybe story doesn't?). But in valid places where you are able to revive, you will just revive automatically after every character you personally brought into the fight (so the entire party if you're solo) dies. You/all those characters will come back with a small amount of HP, your skill charge set to 0%, and all your buffs gone, so keep that in mind.

2. What NeonZ said is true. Generally speaking, this game doesn't really have grinding as a result, just farming materials.

Thanks y'all! Yeah, the game definitely expects you to level up using materials instead of just relying on playing the campaign. The power creep in chapter 6 was pretty severe and I lost to the boss numerous times. That's also how I discovered how revives work lol.

I'm really surprised at the amount of free stuff the game sends your way. I ended up buying some beginner items for fun but it seems like you can comfortably play this for a long time without buying anything.

I wish I had the Japanese dub enabled from the beginning. Seems like most of the scenes have voiceovers which is pretty cool. How often are story chapters added?

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I wish I had the Japanese dub enabled from the beginning. Seems like most of the scenes have voiceovers which is pretty cool. How often are story chapters added?

Currently, the schedule is one chapter every other month, and in the month between those there's a couple of extra scenes added to the stage.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks y'all! Yeah, the game definitely expects you to level up using materials instead of just relying on playing the campaign. The power creep in chapter 6 was pretty severe and I lost to the boss numerous times. That's also how I discovered how revives work lol.

Once you get to a certain point of strength, you can probably just throw some lower leveled adventurers in a party with someone strong and do stuff like daily ruins/avenues and that'll level them up by the time you actually want to use them. Obviously at this point it's totally smart to use them to upgrade everyone you're using so that you can actually do anything, but later on you'll actually want to save those exp crystals rather than burn them on whoever. Units with "mana spirals" can upgrade up to 70 mana, unlocking levels 81-100 in the process, and the exp cost escalates severely. When they first came out, I'd been doing lower difficulty dailies for AtP for a good while just to save on stamina, and realizing I was going to be broke on crystals after upgrading only one unit hurt...

Thanks! I think I'll pace myself instead of blasting through these chapters.

Honestly you should probably advance as much as possible. They tend to gate useful features behind completing more chapters, so I think it's probably better to get that even if it means waiting for more story.

Events always have stories too and as a new player even rerun events will be new to you, so there will be new story content to read fairly often anyway.

OtterMatic

Oct 25, 2017
PSA: The game will drop support for devices with smaller ram after the update coming out later today (about 3 hours before reset).

New recommendation:
iOS devices: 2 GB or more (aka anything that can run iOS/iPad OS 13)
Android: 4GB or more

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
Just finished Chapter 9. That was awesome. She had me going in the first half, not gonna lie.

Though it started off like a standard fantasy anime fare, I'm really enjoying where the story is going. The last few chapters have been great and I wish this was made into a series.

Once you get to a certain point of strength, you can probably just throw some lower leveled adventurers in a party with someone strong and do stuff like daily ruins/avenues and that'll level them up by the time you actually want to use them. Obviously at this point it's totally smart to use them to upgrade everyone you're using so that you can actually do anything, but later on you'll actually want to save those exp crystals rather than burn them on whoever. Units with "mana spirals" can upgrade up to 70 mana, unlocking levels 81-100 in the process, and the exp cost escalates severely. When they first came out, I'd been doing lower difficulty dailies for AtP for a good while just to save on stamina, and realizing I was going to be broke on crystals after upgrading only one unit hurt...

Honestly you should probably advance as much as possible. They tend to gate useful features behind completing more chapters, so I think it's probably better to get that even if it means waiting for more story.

Events always have stories too and as a new player even rerun events will be new to you, so there will be new story content to read fairly often anyway.

Thanks for the tips! So far, I've just been rotating the main cast and have used the crystals pretty sparingly but this is putting me at a disadvantage in the later chapters. I guess I should start trying other characters and level them casually as you suggested.

What exactly is stamina btw? Does that mean you can only do a certain amount of quests everyday? I've been doing mostly campaign chapters with a few of the Avenue quests here and there so I dont think I've felt any limits yet. I dont know what half the things in the HUD do.

Also, how do I increase my facility level? Just upgrade all the dojos and dracoliths as high as I can?

Vilifier

Oct 25, 2017
What exactly is stamina btw? Does that mean you can only do a certain amount of quests everyday? I've been doing mostly campaign chapters with a few of the Avenue quests here and there so I dont think I've felt any limits yet. I dont know what half the things in the HUD do.

Also, how do I increase my facility level? Just upgrade all the dojos and dracoliths as high as I can?
Yup, stamina will eventually start limiting how often you can run non-multiplayer quests. It recharges at 1 stamina per 6 minutes and fully recharges when you level up. You're probably at the point where you're leveling up so quickly that you're constantly recharging your stamina. I think I started to run out of stamina around player level 70 or 80. It might take longer to hit that point now that story missions don't use stamina the first time you play them.

Every time you increase any facility in the Halidom it increases your Facility level by one:
  • Halidom goes to lvl 10
  • Smithy goes to lvl 9
  • Dragontree goes to lvl 27
  • Altars go to lvl 40 each
  • Rupie Mines go to lvl 40 each
  • Dojos go to lvl 35 each
  • Slime statues go to lvl 15 each
  • Agito Trees go to lvl 15-25 each
  • Dracoliths go to lvl 30 each
  • Fafnir Statues go to lvl 30 each
  • Event facilities like the current Seabed Stage range from 30-35 levels
For building goals; I think most players starting off aim for lvl 16 Dojos since there's a sizable stat increase from lvl 15 to lvl 16.

Make sure to prioritize leveling up the active event facility or at least saving enough building materials. You can continue building an event faculity after an event ends but you can only collect the needed building materials when the event is running. You can use this site to help define how many materials you need:

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Also, though you are technically limited by stamina and wings... you will gain a ridiculous amount of stamina and wing recharge items (honey and ashes) over time, especially as the relatively new mid-month event type specifically gives thousands of stamina worth of honey. You will basically be able to play as much as you want.

You'll be able to make a dent in the honey once you can auto run things, but it'll still be enough that you'd really really have to go out of your way to run out.

Vilifier

Oct 25, 2017
My luck was terrible during the last Gala, but with this rerun banner I've pulled 2x P!Siren and a new S!Cleo just from dailies. RNG truly works in mysterious ways.

Tartarus asks you to "1v1 me, bro"

I wonder if this is CyGames new attempt at making content not soloable. I have to imagine eTart will be 4x portals each with a new hit count shadow.

Vilifier

Oct 25, 2017
Apology tomes coming to those that unlocked G!Luca's Skill Share before the new update went live.

Dragalia Lost | News | "Regarding Gifts for Fixing an Issue"
The following issue was fixed in version 1.23.0, which was released around 10:00 PM, Aug 26, 2020.

■Issue Details
・When used as a shared skill, the effects of adventurer Gala Luca's Shining Slash skill apply to the adventurer Tiki's Divine Dragon skill Breath of Fog.

Along with the fix for this issue, starting 12:00 AM, Aug 28, 2020, we will send the light tomes required to unlock the Shining Slash shared skill (six light tomes) to players who unlocked the Shining Slash shared skill up until update 1.22.1.

Thank you for playing Dragalia Lost.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Gala Thor is perfect for summer Curran and now i really wish i had gotten him lol

mockingbird

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Ok so it seems like you're gonna have to go in the correct portal according to your player color in Tautarus. How long is it gonna take before pubs realize this? There's no way to communicate that =/

Parshias

Oct 25, 2017
The portals don't seem to be linked to which player number/color you are, I've seen videos of people going into different color portals.

A player can only go into one portal, though. So a single Gala Euden can't just handle all four portals himself over the course of the fight to try and cheat the status effects. It seems Tartarus does two Curse portals in phase 1 and two Poison portals in phase 2, so a mix of immunities is preferred unless you can rig a shield to avoid the poison in phase 2.

Vilifier

Oct 25, 2017
400 apology Wyrmite for broken eTart. Just in time for Gala Thor.

Dragalia Lost | News | "Issue Regarding Tartarus's Wrath, Temporary Unavailability [Update]"
[Addendum 8:15 AM, Aug 28, 2020]
This issue was fixed around 8:15 AM, Aug 28, 2020, and the Tartarus's Wrath: Standard and Tartarus's Wrath: Expert quests have been made available again.

As a consequence of fixing this issue, we have also made the following modifications:
・After defeating Tartarus's shadows, adventurers will receive a temporary buff which reduces the damage they take.
・We've reduced the damage inflicted by Tartarus's Punishment Arrows and Punishment Waves attacks while under the effects of Relentless Rage.

As a token of our appreciation for your patience while the quests were unavailable, we have sent a gift of 400 wyrmite to all players who started playing before 8:15 AM, Aug 28, 2020.
This gift can be claimed from your goodie box for up to 7 days after reception.

[Original Announcement]

We have confirmed an issue in Tartarus's Wrath where the controlled adventurer becomes invincible until the end of the battle under certain circumstances.
Consequently, we will make the Tartarus's Wrath: Standard and Tartarus's Wrath: Expert quests unavailable until the cause of this issue has been identified and corrected.
During the unavailability period, tapping "Begin Quest" in solo or co-op will display a "Quests are currently undergoing
maintenance" message and send you back to the home screen.

■Unavailability Period
From 3:50 AM, Aug 28, 2020 to when the issue is resolved.

We will post any updates on these quests' availability and on other issues in this notice.

Parshias

Oct 25, 2017
Went and got my first eTartarus clear. He isn't so bad once you know his tricks. I could probably do a write up for the thread if anyone is interested.

The fight can be pretty long, but its just about being careful and executing on the mechanics. Mess around and Tartarus will put you in the ground, but if you take it easy then he's almost harmless.

mockingbird

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
The portals don't seem to be linked to which player number/color you are, I've seen videos of people going into different color portals.

A player can only go into one portal, though. So a single Gala Euden can't just handle all four portals himself over the course of the fight to try and cheat the status effects. It seems Tartarus does two Curse portals in phase 1 and two Poison portals in phase 2, so a mix of immunities is preferred unless you can rig a shield to avoid the poison in phase 2.

From my experience so far if a different player color goes into the portal one of the players outside will end up dying.

Vilifier

Oct 25, 2017
So the players can only go into a portal once and they should only go when their color coordinated portal is open? Is that how the portal affliction is determined or is it based on which phase you're in? I imaging going into the incorrect portal affliction will mean death for Curse adventurers and a minor inconvenience for Poison adventurers.

I built RXZ since I had the HD2 for Peony and poison adventurers seem to be in demand. I've been using Heavenly Holiday in sTart, but I doubt eTart PUBs would appreciate not running with Spirit of the Season.

Are there any recommended skill shares yet? I imagine Ranzal's dispel is valuable but I heard Catherine's SS isn't enough hits to beat the shadow clones.

I can't wait for some YT guides to come out; even reading about the mechanics I'm still not fully grasping what's going on in the fight.

Parshias

Oct 25, 2017
Portal affliction is based on phase. The phase 1 portals inflict curse and the phase 2 portals poison. Color doesn't matter.

I wouldn't bother doing anything special to beat the shadows. They deal 20 damage to themselves every time they do an AoE so even axe users can beat a shadow by just waiting long enough. In fact, most of the damage dealt to the shadow is going to come from the shadow itself. I can do maybe 6 hits in between AoEs, so the shadow is doing like 3x my damage to itself with every blast.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
They need to hurry up with Luca's MS. Having a viable and easy to acquire Poison resistant character will help a lot with pubs for ETart.

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
Man, the soundtrack is phenomenal. I've been listening to the anniversary album on Spotify the past few days. It's hard to tell which BGM is a cover and what's original but I wish some of the instrumentals were easily available outside of YT.

Just discovered autoplay and what skip tickets do. These are great QoL features that really takes a lot of the work out of grinding and farming for stuff.

I'm gonna stick with the story dragons for now. How do you get them to 5 stars?

Yup, stamina will eventually start limiting how often you can run non-multiplayer quests. It recharges at 1 stamina per 6 minutes and fully recharges when you level up. You're probably at the point where you're leveling up so quickly that you're constantly recharging your stamina. I think I started to run out of stamina around player level 70 or 80. It might take longer to hit that point now that story missions don't use stamina the first time you play them.

Every time you increase any facility in the Halidom it increases your Facility level by one:
  • Halidom goes to lvl 10
  • Smithy goes to lvl 9
  • Dragontree goes to lvl 27
  • Altars go to lvl 40 each
  • Rupie Mines go to lvl 40 each
  • Dojos go to lvl 35 each
  • Slime statues go to lvl 15 each
  • Agito Trees go to lvl 15-25 each
  • Dracoliths go to lvl 30 each
  • Fafnir Statues go to lvl 30 each
  • Event facilities like the current Seabed Stage range from 30-35 levels
For building goals; I think most players starting off aim for lvl 16 Dojos since there's a sizable stat increase from lvl 15 to lvl 16.

Make sure to prioritize leveling up the active event facility or at least saving enough building materials. You can continue building an event faculity after an event ends but you can only collect the needed building materials when the event is running. You can use this site to help define how many materials you need:

Thanks for the detailed breakdown! I just leveled up to Halidom Lvl 4 and have extra space for the dojos now. I wish I spent more time leveling up the dojos but it's great that I have two of each now. I haven't noticed much loss in stamina because as you said, I'm leveling faster than I can run out. Still, I stocked up on those honey things just in case.

The final level of Chapter 10 had a huge jump in recommended might. I've been struggling to increase the might of my team. I guess I should just farm until I max out the dojos and mana circles and individual adventurer levels? I guess I can also build level 3 weapons too. I just wasn't expecting to do so much between levels in a single story chapter.

Parshias

Oct 25, 2017

You can get extra copies of the story dragons for unbinds from the Treasure Trade. It is under the Dragon Trial category, you can exchange the spheres that drop from those fights for the extra copies.

The story dragons will get passed quite quickly once you start summoning and building up your collection. A basic 4* dragon with no unbinds is better than a maxed out copy of one of the story dragons. You'll be looking at Ifrit/Roc/Vodyanoy/Lindwurm/Juggernaut at 4* as your basic offensive dragons to get you started.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017

Since I don't think Parashias's (otherwise helpful) answer really addressed the question as you worded it - you don't. There is no way to improve dragon rarity; they will be 4* even at MUB (max unbound).

If you've maybe seen the 5* "High _" versions and this was you wondering about them, those are entirely separate dragons you also get from the shop by spending different spheres that drop in the High Dragon ("Advanced Dragon Trials", I think?) boss fights, alongside a decent amount of the usual spheres you'd spend on the story version. They are largely not really worth the big time investment that takes as they are always 30% HP + 30% STR which is largely not the best for anyone, and the spheres are kinda better spent elsewhere now.

metalmonstar

May 17, 2018
The mechanics of the tart fight confuse me. What are these portals for? Why do I get stuck in an orb for an obscene amount of time?

I feel like I go through this anxiety of avoiding the fight because I don't know what I am doing everytime a new Agito comes out.

ginnokane

Oct 28, 2017
Whew, it took 50 singles, 4 ten folds, and 20k wyrmite, but Thor finally came home. Managed to get the rest of the banner on the way, including 4 (completely useless to me) Ramiels.

Wishing everyone luck on their pulls this Gala. Don't forget to save some for Anniversary next month!

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Got the new Gala dragon after 60 singles, as well as Gala Sarisse. Nice to have some left over for the anniversary.

Parshias

Oct 25, 2017
Well, it had to happen eventually. I had been having such great luck on previous Galas, but thankfully that luck let me build up enough of a stash to absorb runs like this.

It took me roughly 300 summons to get Gala Thor. That also got me the rest of the banner and some assorted crappy off-banner dragons. The most painful summon was when I managed to hit 9% pity rate only to be rewarded on the next tenfold with freaking Zephyr and nothing else.