• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Josh378

Oct 27, 2017
Ended up Pulling:

-2X Caith
-Catherine
-Styx

Need Eugene.

MUB Catherine and all I am doing is cracking up on how she doesn't even use spears. She uses freakin body guards to attack (it's hilarious everytime I see it)...Nothing like using her S2 on Standard Agito and melting everything...muhahaha!!!

mockingbird

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Man. Can't upgrade facilities due to lack of rainbow orbs and the highest tier orbs. Annoying that they're both random rare drops. Can use a lot of stamina and not get anything.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
I really like Ricardt's Mana Spiral, since he can technically deal with both Agito afflictions now; innately resisting stun and cleansing burn on everyone including himself. Even though Zardin has a pretty basic Spiral, his damage already rivals Xander right now, so as long as he has decent modifiers it'll be solid. Definitely gonna Spiral both of them on my F2P NOTTE account eventually. The only ones I'm on the fence about are Aurien and Sophie because of their jank.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Xander's spiral sounds interesting but confusing. I'm not a big fan of the spirals changing how a character plays fundamentally.

Karina sounds like she is going to be fun and near enough invincible in a def doublebuff team

Andri

Mar 20, 2018
Switzerland
I went all out for eugene, and didnt get him :(

Back to accruing ressources so i can aford the next gala, gonna have to learn to live with xander on a long term basis it seems.

Xavi

Oct 27, 2017
Lightning for Smash
Haven't posted here in a long time (srsly, join the ERA discord) so here's a summary of my DL adventures:

Cleared eA&O with my Xainfried and Sellery so far
Got all the new water units including the broken Cait
Stupidly ecstatic to finally have a Karina MS!

600px-110018_01_r05_portrait.png

No one's got more guts and bravery than me. This pirate business isn't just for show! Yaaar!

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone else kind of upset we didn't get Spring/Easter or Bridal banners this year? I thought those were really cute.

Really hope we get summer banners a bit earlier this year because I have 500 draws saved up, although looking at the "This Month in Dragalia" post, I doubt it...

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else kind of upset we didn't get Spring/Easter or Bridal banners this year? I thought those were really cute.

Really hope we get summer banners a bit earlier this year because I have 500 draws saved up, although looking at the "This Month in Dragalia" post, I doubt it...
Spring/Easter doesn't really surprise me since (I don't believe?) we got anything last year, but no Groom/Bride banner is surprising. If they made released the teased Bridal Mym, they could have made so much money. Maybe they'll opt to do Swimsuit Mym instead.

Oct 27, 2017
Spring/Easter doesn't really surprise me since (I don't believe?) we got anything last year, but no Groom/Bride banner is surprising. If they made released the teased Bridal Mym, they could have made so much money. Maybe they'll opt to do Swimsuit Mym instead.

We got Laranoa and her event for Spring/Easter! And as much as I love Mym, she already got a Halloween alt this year so hoping we can get something for someone else.

Parshias

Oct 25, 2017
At this point you have to assume the Wedding banner got eaten up by covid-19 delays. I can't think of any reason why a gacha game would willingly skip a banner like that.

Vilifier

Oct 25, 2017
The grind for HDT orbs to level the Dracoliths has been my new focus.

I've been autoing eHMC using IeTeyah's YouTube guide (T!Hope w/ 2UB Choco + Dog's Days & Sylas/Hawk/Leif w/Valiant Crown + Plaguebringer). I've been maining Tiki in eAO which the Dracolith won't help her out, but I'm hoping the 50% Dragon Damage can help with eHBH. Right now farming eHBH and eHZD are the two HDTs that give me problems.

I hope the new Water Spirals can help with soloing/autoing eHBH.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
We got Laranoa and her event for Spring/Easter! And as much as I love Mym, she already got a Halloween alt this year so hoping we can get something for someone else.
I remembered Laranoa but completely forgot the Easter event we had, which is strange considering the egg-themed facility we got. Not sure why I couldn't recall it. >_<

Maybe the last one wasn't popular
All they needed to do was make them limited. Myself, and many others I'm sure, didn't feel encouraged to pull last time, since they were standard characters. If you made them limited though...

$$$

Kangi

Profile Styler
Oct 25, 2017
Their fault for making Wedding Aoi terrible and Wedding Xania redundant

Omnicore

Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver
Here's hoping the new 70MC adventurers... God-King Xander, will bring some new quicker strats to eTwins. While the cheese is crazy fun to pull off (Marth/Delphi/Mitsuba2) the difference of a normal run 3-5+ minutes vs 45 second cheese is too much.

Vilifier

Oct 25, 2017
All they needed to do was make them limited. Myself, and many others I'm sure, didn't feel encouraged to pull last time, since they were standard characters. If you made them limited though...

$$$
Don't give them any ideas. I still have flashbacks of the Halloween/XMas/New Year/Monster Hunter gauntlet of limited banners.

psynergyadept

Oct 26, 2017
scronged enough for one pull and no rainbow in sight...then the last one supposed gold dropped as fucking Cat Sith!!!

this banner was fucking brutal for me; about 10 pulls of shit! only one dupe(Azazel) dragon and Cat Sith.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
I definitely spent waaaay more tickets and wyrmite than I should have on this banner on top of those 10 tickets; should have committed much much harder to my earlier thought about not really needing to buff dark vs light/water, but seeing people do wild shit with Cat pushed me to try more, especially after missing Mars too

I got Eugene, Catherine (twice), and Xain (last of the original set I still lacked), along with 4 fucking copies of Styx, but no Cat

could they at least buff Styx to make her suck less so I don't entirely regret this... as is I'm just gonna stockpile for a few banners again

OtterMatic

Oct 25, 2017
So you can freeze master HJP now with Lily's MS

Kind of tempting to MS Lily for her SS. Maybe you can cheese mHJP with her SS w/o the need of Hawk in the team

Last edited:

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Kind of hoping we get some sort of collab or limited banner soon, have about 500 draws saved up that I'm itching to use lol

They probably will make the summer banner limited this time, I'd guess, since the character pool seems big enough by now unlike last year. I'd guess any collab announcement will happen in the anniversary which is relatively soon.

Oct 27, 2017
They probably will make the summer banner limited this time, I'd guess, since the character pool seems big enough by now unlike last year. I'd guess any collab announcement will happen in the anniversary which is relatively soon.

Would they make summer limited? I feel like that would be sort of ill will to those who planned on it not being so given last year. Do understand the character pool reasoning though, outside of some of the Gala characters, I literally have everyone I want from the current pool (I'm a Day 1 player, but still lol).

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Would they make summer limited? I feel like that would be sort of ill will to those who planned on it not being so given last year.

I think making the first valentine's banner non-limited, but keeping the new one limited was kind of set up for that, giving themselves some precedent of incorporating some seasonal units in the pool while keeping others outside of it, even if it's not really the same thing.

Oct 27, 2017
I think making the first valentine's banner non-limited, but keeping the new one limited was kind of set up for that, giving themselves some precedent of incorporating some seasonal units in the pool while keeping others outside of it, even if it's not really the same thing.

I believe the first Valentine's banner was actually limited, given what folks said on the Dragalia Reddit at the time, plus the fact we got a Valentine's re-run banner last August for that very reason.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I believe the first Valentine's banner was actually limited, given what folks said on the Dragalia Reddit at the time, plus the fact we got a Valentine's re-run banner last August for that very reason.
It originally was limited, but when they reran it this year, they made the first banner's characters non-limited, while the new one was limited, which is why I said it's not quite the same thing (since summer was non-limited from the start), but still gives them some precedent of making some seasonal alts non-limited while newer ones are limited.

Oct 27, 2017
It originally was limited, but when they reran it this year, the made the first banner non-limited, while the new one was limited, which is why I said it's not quite the same thing (since summer was non-limited from the start), but still gives them some precedent of making some seasonal alts non-limited while newer ones are limited.

Ohhhh okay, I get what you're saying now. In that case I would be up for it, I just hope that they'll be decent units worthy of being limited; because the Valentine's units this year were kind of meh.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
It validates me using my Dream Summon on them, at least. But they're getting a little over-used due to skillsharing Gelly's buff, I think? It's a weird situation and maybe part of why water's Spirals have been so odd...

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm probably only going to 70 MC Lily for now since she seems like the biggest upfront winner.

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I'm probably only going to 70 MC Lily for now since she seems like the biggest upfront winner.

As per a bunch of Reddit posts, the DPS simulator in practice massively underestimates Xander and Kari a, because the DPS sim assumes both have no buffs other than what they can provide themselves. And both get massive bonuses when buffed.

For the two in practice, see e.g. https://youtu.be/43_t3dMxocA

Xander is probably the highest water DPS ignoring ellys where 90% of their DPS on the SIM is from buffs.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
It's like the reverse of that awful Gleo Sim a while back that factored in 4x Gleo buff, which made her seem way stronger than she actually is compared to everyone else's sims because she was literally the only one who got buffs from outside sources.

Imagine thinking Karina's Spiral is underwhelming.

ewbpsfim3p851.png

(Image from Reddit)

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I wanna start AO already so I should pick one (or just mess around first with Yurius or Tiki, or upgrading Eugene/Catherine, or something... or try to do that cheese as Marth, but I'm sure he's incredibly common compared to the other 3). Torn between doubling down on swords as always with Xander, especially as that sudden Xain-getting means I can make use of even more Claws from his chain, or actually branching out more and using Karina...

or both, but orbs...

Vilifier

Oct 25, 2017
I went a bit overboard on using Eldwater/Sun Stones trying to solo mHMC to get Karina an HD2. I found an auto setup, unlocked Lowen's Spirals, stoned Freya, bought 4x MUB HMC prints . . . and realized that the auto setup must have been dumb luck because those whirlpools showed the AI no mercy. I was able to semi-auto mHMC by constantly repositioning the AI to the bottom left corner.

4x Karina rooms so far have been very forgiving and quick to get clears. It seems like a Karina always wipes at the start of Phase 2 but PUBs still clear in under 2min.

www.reddit.com

r/DragaliaLost - Dragalia Lost Summoner Survey ~ {SUMMER 2020} 🐉

87 votes and 58 comments so far on Reddit

Just a reminder that the quarterly survey closes later today. Thanks to everyone who's participated. :)
Thanks for doing this again. Hopefully you're seeing more of a turn out this time. I keep upvoting on the Reddit daily questions thread hoping the survey gets a bit more visibility. It's too bad you can't have the survey pinned for the week.

Last edited:

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
Thanks for doing this again. Hopefully you're seeing more of a turn out this time. I keep upvoting on the Reddit daily questions thread hoping the survey gets a bit more visibility. It's too bad you can't have the survey pinned for the week.

Thanks for your help, Vilifier. 🙏 (I'd prefer not to spam the daily megathreads each day but my options are limited for getting the word out.)

No idea why Reddit only allows two pinned threads which is needlessly restrictive. If the survey got pinned for a week we'd easily get thousands of responses. Heck, I'd even take one day. lol

As it stands now, more folks participated this time than the past two surveys, so that's pretty cool. More data is always better. I love seeing the results and hopefully others do too. :P

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Managed a eAO clear first-try using Ricardt with HMC on my F2P NOTTE account since he's a permanent adventurer. I find his spiral is real good. Decided to use Chocolatiers and Castle Cheer Corp so I can basically always have a heal up. I think it's a pretty fun fight, looking forward to farming it more.

Vena

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ricardt has good skills, his issue is his costs are bizarrely inflated by 2k SP.

Its just a very ??? difference.

Anyway all of the spirals look quite solid, people just shouldn't expect gamebreakers like Marth in every batch. Heck, I'd be surprised if the devs let that slip through ever again.

Also in the case of Karina and Xander, do mind that we sim them with zero/self-provided only buffs. They scale past Mitsuba in personal DPS after ~10-15 buffs externally applied which isn't particularly hard to do for Karina due to doublebuff.

ElFly

Oct 27, 2017
oh I missed the survey

but the important bit of data: I have a Squishums. Two in fact, cause I got them in a 2x chimera.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
I always just thought the increased costs were basically Ricadt's 3-star tax for having really good skills and passive compared to the other 3-star healers. Even now he's the only 3-star that can legitimately handle two afflictions just from his base kit after Spiral.

I really hope they don't screw up OG Eli's Spiral. They could literally just make her have full burn res/stun res from her passives with no significant changes past that and I'd consider it good enough considering everything else about her kit is already great. My biggest fear is them drastically changing her kit to make her "stronger" as a DPS but worse as a buffer, making it so her buff swaps to a damage skill every other cast for example. I'm fine with them changing adventurer play styles in theory, but I'd rather they focus that on characters whose kits literally don't work like Elias, Aurien, or Sophie.

Deleted member 40853

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 9, 2018
Just started a few days ago and am at ch10, a little lost now. I have an 11k team with mixed colors, and a 9k all water team. Should I keep trying to beef up the water team? Do you want to always focus on mono color teams?

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Just started a few days ago and am at ch10, a little lost now. I have an 11k team with mixed colors, and a 9k all water team. Should I keep trying to beef up the water team? Do you want to always focus on mono color teams?

Yeah, you should focus on building mono-element teams for any hard content. There are very few times where you'll want mix them (like Grace, who is a dark healer who can be very useful for almost any solo content).

Vilifier

Oct 25, 2017
I'd focus on the current Rhythmic Resolutions event since there's lots of material you can get that will help out with building your teams.

There's sometimes non-element events; but most of the time you're dealing with mono-element teams for Chapter and Event quests.

I'd probably focus on building teams in the following order:
  • One Adventurer per Element
  • One Adventurer per Affliction Resistance (Ex: 1x 100% Resistant Fire/Stun | 1x 100% Resistant Fire/Sleep)
  • One team of 40 Mana Circle (MC) adventurers per Element
  • One team of 40MC per Affliction Resistance
  • One 49 or 50 Mana Circle Adventurer per Co-Ability (Ex: Blade/Strength, Axe/Defense, etc.)
One built adventurer per element should help you run co-op with players to clear tougher event content; I think getherwings tend to be pretty plentiful early on so you might as well take advantage of them. One built adventurer per affliction resistance will just help make content less frustrating.

Now that 3* Adventurers are given out for free; it should be easy enough to build a full team to 30 Mana Circles (MC) cheaply. The story adventurers Euden, Ranzal, Elisanne and Cleo are all great units that should help you up through late game content. Shadow and Light element have no weakness so I'd typically slot in stronger shadow units when needed.

4* Strength Dragons are your friend for a long time early on. Ifrit, Vodyanoy, Roc, Lindworm & Juggernaut made up most of my element teams until I had max unbound (MUB) 5* dragons to replace them.

Having one 50 Mana Circle adventurer (or 49MC if you don't unlock the Ingot) per co-ability will help you build stronger more flexible co-op adventurers since they give you bonuses if they're on you team.

Hope this is helpful. I'm not sure if this is the most efficient step by step; but it's the route I followed when I came back to the game.

Vena

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I always just thought the increased costs were basically Ricadt's 3-star tax for having really good skills and passive compared to the other 3-star healers. Even now he's the only 3-star that can legitimately handle two afflictions just from his base kit after Spiral.

I really hope they don't screw up OG Eli's Spiral. They could literally just make her have full burn res/stun res from her passives with no significant changes past that and I'd consider it good enough considering everything else about her kit is already great. My biggest fear is them drastically changing her kit to make her "stronger" as a DPS but worse as a buffer, making it so her buff swaps to a damage skill every other cast for example. I'm fine with them changing adventurer play styles in theory, but I'd rather they focus that on characters whose kits literally don't work like Elias, Aurien, or Sophie.

Dunno, other 3* healers don't have the inflation so its very ???. He just kinda had inflated costs for no reason, maybe because he has two heals whereas a bunch of original 3* healers were generally 1 heal I think?