• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Smiley90

Oct 25, 2017
What is the best activity to get the silver things from the event? Feels like I either get too many bronze or gold ones.

Usually at raid events you get enough silver just from the daily nightmare chests.

Also I hope Celliera is as good as Valerio with her spiral because I need an easier to play blade.

Last edited:

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
What is the best activity to get the silver things from the event? Feels like I either get too many bronze or gold ones.

Phraeganoth: Beginner is the best one for silvers in the beginning of the event.

Edit: Well, outside of the nightmare dailies mentioned above, but if you want many silvers quickly for the omega key go for Phraeganoth: Beginner.

Last edited:

ginnokane

Oct 28, 2017
She's neat and it's kinda cool to casually have a dragon on your team (you can still shift separate from her) but it's hard to advise pulling more for her. She's currently bugged - and people think that may or may not extend past the bugs that the notices have - which makes it really hard to tell how good she is. And since Spirals tend to be what get used for Agito, even without that issue it'd hard to tell if she'd end up being meta for it. It may be time to give up, as I've had to do for Chrom now.

Only other thing is that her co-ability may or may not end up being used for a decent amount of characters in the sim. But I don't think it'll be quite on Peony's level so she was the more important thing to get, anyway.

A belated thanks for the advice last week; after having spending 30k+ wyrmite already, I decided to stop using wyrmite and doing 10 pulls on Tiki's banner and just farm some single tickets from the compendium to throw at it instead... and I was shockingly rewarded with Tiki after not quite 10 singles O.o

Then, like a fool, I set a wyrmite spend limit of about 50 pulls, and aimed to get Chrom (despite not needing another fire sword) to round out the FEH2 trio. I got him after 40 pulls O.O

For someone who has only ever spent money to buy the beginner pack (for the first dream summon), I feel like I've been luckier than most, including many whales. I don't have every limited unit (notably missing H!Elly, Daikokuten, and the newer Vday units), but I've managed to get every crossover unit, and every gala unit thus far (though I did run out of pulls on the Granzel gala, only to luck out and get him on a later banner). And I somehow still have decent savings leftover for gala this month. I sure hope this luck can last, but I know in the back of my mind, it will probably run out at the worst moment in the future >.<

As a side note, I upgraded Ranzel with his mana spiral, and it's been great. He's soooooo tanky. Totally worth the extra time in the oven, if it was to add the life shield (which I strongly suspect), after seeing the great reception Grace had in the meta.

Otter

Oct 27, 2017
I finally beat my last master dragon trial today! I soloed all of them except brunhilda, and mercury was the last one, but I scraped through it today...that one wasn't a clean win, but hawk's stun for the opener and a Lin You helper to sleep the whirlpools did it for me.

Feels weird to have the "surpasser of elements" epithet but I haven't beat expert zodiark yet.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017

The main character artist for Dragalia Lost drew Aerith and Tifa and I NEED a collab immediately

Josh378

Oct 27, 2017
So I have learned about how Tobias and Sylas works so well together. Ended up completing the wind Mercurial Gauntlet with those two synergy. I have MUB Ariel on Sylas and working on leveling out my Vayu so I can give Tobias my Ariel and give Sylas my Vayu.

Having a hard time deciding if I should drop Lin You for Hawk. Any Suggestions?

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
So I have learned about how Tobias and Sylas works so well together. Ended up completing the wind Mercurial Gauntlet with those two synergy. I have MUB Ariel on Sylas and working on leveling out my Vayu so I can give Tobias my Ariel and give Sylas my Vayu.

Having a hard time deciding if I should drop Lin You for Hawk. Any Suggestions?

Hmm, you might want to mess with the sim's custom build functions to see which would actually be better for Gauntlet like that? It's a little hard to just go by the front page list for solo content, because a lot of the time the reason those numbers are so high is co-abilities that are on units you wouldn't necessarily have in your solo party - wind has a lot relying on DY Xain, for example. So you'll want to check while selecting the co-abilities for the actual party members you use. Could also edit the ACL so it's just:

`s1
`s2
`s3

To be more like how the AI uses skills instead of the optimal way you'd use them. It still will be less than that due to their weird FS use, and may not be accurate for Tobias's behavior since I dunno if he does use his stance or not (I would say to maybe control him so you can just spam S1?), but it'll be more accurate than what's there to begin with at least.

You may also want to look into what the resistances are like at that point in Gauntlet, both for using them and for using punisher prints, so you can put that into the sim too. If poison res is high you may not want both Sylas and Hawk since that'd build Roy's resistance faster; I'm not sure if Tobias AI ever uses his S2 (assuming you're not controlling him), but if it does, the in-stance S2 also inflicts it. And Hawk will be even stronger if he can stun a few times too.

Given how Gauntlet is pretty much a "sandbag" fight, I feel like you can rely on the sim more than you can for most content as long as you're careful to set up the conditions as accurately as possible like this.

Vilifier

Oct 25, 2017
fj0zcqz.jpg

70MC Ranzal was the missing piece to autoing eCiella. I was able to craft a MUB 6T1 Blade for Victor/Tobias using the above team.

I technically still can't full auto since I don't have Freya for T!Hope. HMS's 30% HP isn't enough to help T!Hope survive the initial Bolts From Above and I didn't want to substitute Choco on either Sylas/Grace. Instead I roll behind eCiella once the match starts and that seems to cause enough lag time to iFrame half of the bolts. After that it's just full auto for the remainder of the battle with about an 80% success rate.

Grace dies half of the time to the first Floor of Despair which is fine since it's what she wants. T!Hope/Ranzal/Sylas can finish up phase 2 without Grace; but if she lives then it's pretty much a guaranteed win.

I still haven't successfully completed a PUB eCiella. Maybe someday.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Stubbornly tried a lot to auto eKai without Patia, doing Lathna/Delphi/Gleo/Grace and... they get so close. They get so close. But 4 minutes in he goes all out and they lose with barely any HP left, every time, because they can't survive . Hoping unbinding Lathna's lance is enough, but even going up to MUB Fatalis on Delphi wasn't... and really ideally I'd replace Gleo, except my only alternative dps is uhhhh Nefaria. Not exactly the better option. I have Curran partially upgraded, but not enough and he'd have to use Lin's axe off-element as well.

It would help if:
  • they did not fucking love to toggle s3 while one of their friends is stuck in a death orb
  • Lathna did not constantly run to safety only "FS goes brrrr" right back into the purple before he even does the attack
  • Gleo ever walked into the circle during break and buffed someone other than herself and maybe Grace
eCiella... I tried some stuff and it's still that first wave that's trouble. Hope dies at the start sometimes even with MUB HD2+Freyja but I don't really get why this is a big issue - watching the first 10 seconds and restarting is no big deal? I tried using Suit of Midnight on Grace instead of Study Rabbits and it worked perfectly for getting her through wave alive, and the first time was a clear... only to have her die at weird points afterward on the next couple tries, so I'm not sure if that's better overall. I guess I may have to pay up and upgrade Ranzal, and try out using Lowen too; just stings when rainbows are precious now and I'd rather actually get to use Lin again.

Also tried messing with graphics options, for both fights, since people talked about that maybe mattering... and I guess I'll have to experiment more but I couldn't really find anything that worked noticeably better, hmm. I assume better dps from the remaining unbinds on Lathna/Lin would mean that I'd want to finish those to have an unchanging base to work with before I really care about the timing of things being changed, though.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Nef has more HP which helps for survivability. Also more poison infliction for Lathna

I'm willing to try anything that's not spending more rainbow orbs or making a new weapon, so I'll try her in a bit. My feeling is that the orbs smacking her because she stays at ranged distance will be worse than smacking Gleo because Gleo can resist blind, though.

Fwiw Gleo does usually die first but, like, barely. The whole team tends to wipe together so I don't think the HP's gonna matter that much.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm willing to try anything that's not spending more rainbow orbs or making a new weapon, so I'll try her in a bit. My feeling is that the orbs smacking her because she stays at ranged distance will be worse than smacking Gleo because Gleo can resist blind, though.

Fwiw Gleo does usually die first but, like, barely. The whole team tends to wipe together so I don't think the HP's gonna matter that much.
Blind will be the least of your worries when the orbs ramp up. The reason I don't use ranged characters is because the orbs would grind them to dust in the latter half of phase two.

Granted I haven't gotten a full auto team down yet due to only being on my third EKai weapon.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Water is definitely in that odd place where they don't have Agito/Chimera yet, so most folks may legitimately have better options in other elements if they haven't made water HD weapons.

Otter

Oct 27, 2017
Omega level 2 is pretty tough! I had to use my dark team (Gleo, Nefaria, Patia, Grace) because my might level for water wasn't quite high enough. Interesting that they chose the most underpowered element for the first Omega 2, they had to figure it would just cause people to use other elements.

I'm glad there wasn't much of a reward behind clearing this (five honey and 100 wyrmite). I think the tough event content should just be for fun.

OtterMatic

Oct 25, 2017
Finally cleared Omega 2 after grinding a HD2 for Tiki overnight. That also means I ran out of damascus ingot. Really fun to have new challenging content. Hope there will be more of these later on.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I've finally managed to solo eKai. I can finally start working on getting MUB Agito weapons. It takes too long to randomly find good parties for Dragalia's endgame battles, so this is pretty much the only way I'm getting end-game equipment.

ElFly

Oct 27, 2017
Raid 2 is beyond me. I don't have any of the latest water units. Could go through raid 1 with my dark team but that's it.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't even unlocked Omega yet. Guess I gotta stop slacking and see how it goes later; I'm not that worried since I'm pretty sure I can get a team together, but it's probably better to do it while everyone good's still running...

Blind will be the least of your worries when the orbs ramp up. The reason I don't use ranged characters is because the orbs would grind them to dust in the latter half of phase two.

Granted I haven't gotten a full auto team down yet due to only being on my third EKai weapon.

The later orbs do the same to melee, though, because his attacks make them run out and in through them anyway. Being blinded = doing less damage beforehand, is my thinking. Latham and Delphi already hit by it sometimes as is...

Smiley90

Oct 25, 2017
Shared skills, huh.

Does that mean I just give everry team Life Shield without having to use Grace? Because..... hell yeah.

Or Noelle/Elly buffs?

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
AI taking less damage when AI are controlling them is a game-changer. They still might be stupid and run into things, but at least now they're less likely to die (will also make auto'ing eKai and eCiella easier).

Mr. Virus

Oct 27, 2017
Dropping the jumps in combos is another interesting change. Wonder how that'll change damage outputs for the affected units.

Razmos

Oct 28, 2017
Interested to see what kind of shared skills will be available. At the very least I need to promote and upgrade Elisanne and Cleo now.

I doubt Grace's skill will be available but if it is that would be insane, especially on other healers like Hildegarde who can reach absurd amounts of HP and can heal themselves back up

The AI taking less damage is the biggest change for me, it opens up so many Solo opportunities

Parshias

Oct 25, 2017
Slightly disappointed that skill sharing seems limited to S1s. I was thinking putting Chelsea's S2 on the low HP Shadow characters to get them down to 1 HP would be good synergy.

Pleasantly surprised that skill sharing is separate from your party. I was sure that you'd have to pick skills from the characters in your backline.

Vilifier

Oct 25, 2017
AI taking less damage means Grace's Life Shield becomes even more powerful for solo play. Plus dodge rolling will now prevent AI from taking damage from most attacks.

I'm fearful of which S1s will become vital for solo play; I'm still recovering from all the Eldwater spent on the FEH unique Co-abilities. I think I can only afford 1 or 2 more 50MC unbinds and I was hoping to use that Eldwater on the next round of Fire/Water Mana Spiral unlocks.

And the fact that those S1s require 50/50 MC means all those adventurers sitting at 49/50 MC will need to burn a precious Golden TP to use their skills.

Last edited:

Mr. Virus

Oct 27, 2017
Wonder how something like G!Cleo's will work in that regard too. Will everyone get access to the circle of power now?

There's some other interesting set ups in there for proc'ing status/punishers like Delphi, and I'm guessing this'll technically allow for mixed element damage units if the skill specifies that it's "x damage"?

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Mhmmmm very wary of some of these changes, seems like another big shift that may cause some pretty negative results in terms of who is actually used in co-op. Not loving people talking about healers being dead when I enjoy playing that role and it's the most reasonable budget option too. And I'm really wondering how mVolk will be balanced... it already has to allow for 6.1s -> 6.2s, so it can't be so harsh as to prevent 4 6.1s from clearing, and I doubt they'd want to balance that around optimal shared skill use so... will shared skills just already make it completely goofy, or what?

Wonder how something like G!Cleo's will work in that regard too. Will everyone get access to the circle of power now?

There's some other interesting set ups in there for proc'ing status/punishers like Delphi, and I'm guessing this'll technically allow for mixed element damage units if the skill specifies that it's "x damage"?

No, Gleo's S1 giving her that FS is tied to an ability, so no one else would get that. There's probably going to be some weirdness around some skills due to them relying on abilities like that. Though they could not include those to begin with; Gleo's is relatively normal in that it's just the additional FS buff that's affected.

Mr. Virus

Oct 27, 2017
Mhmmmm very wary of some of these changes, seems like another big shift that may cause some pretty negative results in terms of who is actually used in co-op. Not loving people talking about healers being dead when I enjoy playing that role and it's the most reasonable budget option too. And I'm really wondering how mVolk will be balanced... it already has to allow for 6.1s -> 6.2s, so it can't be so harsh as to prevent 4 6.1s from clearing, and I doubt they'd want to balance that around optimal shared skill use so... will shared skills just already make it completely goofy, or what?

No, Gleo's S1 giving her that FS is tied to an ability, so no one else would get that. There's probably going to be some weirdness around some skills due to them relying on abilities like that. Though they could not include those to begin with; Gleo's is relatively normal in that it's just the additional FS buff that's affected.

Ahhh I forgot about it being tied to one of her abilities, good catch. But aye, be interesting to see what cames out of it initially before they patch away any super cheese strats.

OtterMatic

Oct 25, 2017
I am bored so I took some time to take a deep dive into how shared skills will work and what skills will be worth equipping.

All of the skill in the selection showed in the update detail are from S1.

So from the discussion in ERA discord group, it seems there are confusions with equipping S3 and S4. The two skills are equipped separately. If you have weapon skill in S3, you are not required to have helper skill in S4. Take a look at the pic below. The shared skills featured a healing skill in S3 slot and the helper skill in S4 slot when Euden has the default weapon.

Another interesting bit from this pic below is that similar skill can have different cost. Cleo and Aurien's S1 both heal at 108/130% recovery potency at lv3/4 respectively, but Cleo's one can remove paralysis. However, Cleo's S1 costs lower than Aurien even though Aurien's one is worse in terms of functionality. Btw, Verica's S1 cost is 5 from another pic, but as we know, healing over time is much better since it provide twice as much than lv3 instant heal or 1.68x lv4 healing.

So now the questions I have are:
1. Does the shared skills work like normal skill or helper skill? In other words, do they require SP or do they have limited use?
2. Can we equip skill with phases? If so, do we still get phase 2/3 bonus?
> From what I see, it probably doesn't since none of those skills are featured in the update detail.
3. For damage and healing skills, will it just consider your leader stat only?
4. The cost limit varys between units. So do they depend on their weapon class, rarity, or even unit class (lol)?

I can't say for sure that buff skill will be more expensive than the other since they only showed one buff skill in the selection, but it should be since buff skills are powerful. Highly doubt they will allow us to have buffer equipping two more buff skills.

I really like how there will be more strategies after this update. Like, people are saying healers are gonna go extinct in co-op. I don't really think so. For example, many top flame units depends on combo. I suppose you will break your combo if you use shared skills, like helper skill. Having Emma to provide healing in eVolk sounds good, but can she keep it up? Even if she equips two healing skills, you still lose the range advantage. You wanna keep up the the buff during the fog phase, but you don't want the other steal your bait.
I am not saying you can't use healer-buffer in eVolk, but it will take time to practice. And equipping two healing skill on buffer just sound off to me. Emma's S2 isn't really useful in eVolk too. With Halowen, you can equip a buff skill and even Ranzal's S1 for dispel. It doesn't matter the S4 damage is low, you just need that dispel. I truly think this update will open up more situation you want a buffer-healer or healer-buffer depending on situation.

So there are skills you wanna unlock first, like dispel. There are only four S1 in the game right now that can dispel. GAlex's S1 requires her S2 to dispel. Bellina's ones requires her to be in dragondrive form. So you are left with Naveed and Ranzal. Ranzal is much better since his lv4 S1 do big damage (2224%) and inflict poison (a total of 291% over 15 s at 120% chance). It might be the only dispel skill you can equip too since Naveed's S1 damage depends on the number of the time he used S2.

And should we put another punisher skill on dps S4? Like should we put Vice's S1 (2376% against poisoned enemies) on Gleo's S4 so we can do make sure you end the fight during break in mHJP?

Or what if we just put a damage skill that provide a bit healing like Marth's and Welly's S1? Or even Heinwald's?

This will open up a lot in the game. It is gonna reflect our play style too. And this mechanism will make them easier to balance the game too. (I guess?)
Can't wait to be an all-rounded support next week.

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
Great analysis, Otter. Skill share is shaping up to be one of the most significant additions they've ever done and I'm really eager to see what weird combinations folks come up with (because you just know there's gonna be a deluge of meme builds). This combined with co-abilities is a clever way to encourage the playerbase to summon more for characters that they otherwise wouldn't have much of a need for.

Now all we need is paid cosmetics and we're golden. 🤠

OtterMatic

Oct 25, 2017
Otter, you forgot to disclose that was a Skillshare.com sponsored post.

Euden: "The sponsored of today's post is [pause] SkillShare. SkillShare is a community with thousands of classes cover different adventures' skills. I found SkillShare very helpful to me in improving the clear time. It's really helpful with learning and equipping a whole range of technical skills in battles. But because I am a premium member, I can access to everything without waiting for new event to unlock class so I can try out different strategies. I have been learning Custom Concoction and love how random it is. There is also a fantastic course on Howling Meteor, which I found incredibly useful not just because of the damage multiplier, but because I love how long the action is. SkillShare is incredibly affordable. It works out $10 a month for annual subscription, but if you wanna try it, use the link down below to find Nina for a 30 day trial with promo code GACHA. You can learn a lot in 30 days."

mockingbird

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Barely managed to clear Omega 2 at 5:04 on the clock. unfortuantely one of my AI died but at least I cleared.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
So a lot of people (myself included) were logged out of their Nintendo Accounts and are unable to log in. Well, apparently you can if you choose "Remind Me Later" when prompted to link your (previously) linked account, but I'm too scared to touch anything. I'm just going to let it sit there until everything is hopefully fixed. It sounds Pokemon Masters is having the same problem.

Edit: All Nintendo's Mobile offerings are apparently having the same issue. It looks like a Nintendo Account problem.

Last edited:

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
I was wondering what the heck was going on. Thought maybe my phone was acting up again. Guess I'll also sit this out until things are up and running as normal.

EDIT: Seems to be fixed now since I was just able to log in without issue.

Euden: "The sponsored of today's post is [pause] SkillShare. SkillShare is a community with thousands of classes cover different adventures' skills. I found SkillShare very helpful to me in improving the clear time. It's really helpful with learning and equipping a whole range of technical skills in battles. But because I am a premium member, I can access to everything without waiting for new event to unlock class so I can try out different strategies. I have been learning Custom Concoction and love how random it is. There is also a fantastic course on Howling Meteor, which I found incredibly useful not just because of the damage multiplier, but because I love how long the action is. SkillShare is incredibly affordable. It works out $10 a month for annual subscription, but if you wanna try it, use the link down below to find Nina for a 30 day trial with promo code GACHA. You can learn a lot in 30 days."
c5f.gif

Razmos

Oct 28, 2017
I cant believe Dragalia Life made Party Boy Euden canon. He needs to be made into an alt lol