• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
The worst part about shadow arena is that they are pretty much all immune to paralysis.

Parshias

Oct 25, 2017
This morning I finished off my second MUB Ciella weapon and that meant I was ready to try my hand at autoing eCiella. I used the pretty standard team of Templar Hope/Lin You/Sylas/Grace.

And... it worked! Well, it was mostly auto. Grace died during the second set of waves so I had Hope transform into Freyja and use her heal to seal the deal right at the end. But other than that it was full auto. My very first attempt had shenanigans happen where Grace got murdered by the rebound on the first arrows in phase 1 but the second try was the clear.

Vilifier

Oct 25, 2017
This morning I finished off my second MUB Ciella weapon and that meant I was ready to try my hand at autoing eCiella. I used the pretty standard team of Templar Hope/Lin You/Sylas/Grace.

And... it worked! Well, it was mostly auto. Grace died during the second set of waves so I had Hope transform into Freyja and use her heal to seal the deal right at the end. But other than that it was full auto. My very first attempt had shenanigans happen where Grace got murdered by the rebound on the first arrows in phase 1 but the second try was the clear.
What prints are you using?

I've got a MUB 6* Sword/Bow, a MUB HDT2 Lance and I'm working towards a 6* Axe for Lin You/Ranzal. I can auto Phase 1 outside of the opening attacks. T!Hope just always seems to die at the very beginning unless I move him out of the way of Bolts from Above. Phase 2 is always where I seem to wipe; mostly during the Cryogenic Meteor segments.

Parshias

Oct 25, 2017
What prints are you using?

I've got a MUB 6* Sword/Bow, a MUB HDT2 Lance and I'm working towards a 6* Axe for Lin You/Ranzal. I can auto Phase 1 outside of the opening attacks. T!Hope just always seems to die at the very beginning unless I move him out of the way of Bolts from Above. Phase 2 is always where I seem to wipe; mostly during the Cryogenic Meteor segments.

The Shining Overlord/A Dog's Day on Hope, Valiant Crown/The Fires of Hate on Lin You, Resounding Rendition/The Plaguebringer on Sylas, The Chocolatiers/A Suit of Midnight on Grace. A Suit of Midnight is for Grace to avoid getting frozen if anyone is wondering.

I was originally planning on making a 0UB 6* sword for Hope but made him a 0UB HDT2 sword instead since I had somewhat recently farmed enough mHMS to be able to make one of each T2 weapon. (for the encyclopedia when it comes) The HDT weapons have quite a bit more HP than the Agito weapons. I think I saw someone on reddit say that Hope can't survive the first Bolts from Above with an Agito weapon as he needs the extra HP from an HDT2 for that. My Hope has 4145 HP for reference, though he is at +600 on augs.

I did only do the one run so it could be that I got lucky on the meteor placement. I'll try see how runs go later today and consider using Freyja to try and tank my way through the waves.

Vilifier

Oct 25, 2017
The Shining Overlord/A Dog's Day on Hope, Valiant Crown/The Fires of Hate on Lin You, Resounding Rendition/The Plaguebringer on Sylas, The Chocolatiers/A Suit of Midnight on Grace. A Suit of Midnight is for Grace to avoid getting frozen if anyone is wondering.

I was originally planning on making a 0UB 6* sword for Hope but made him a 0UB HDT2 sword instead since I had somewhat recently farmed enough mHMS to be able to make one of each T2 weapon. (for the encyclopedia when it comes) The HDT weapons have quite a bit more HP than the Agito weapons. I think I saw someone on reddit say that Hope can't survive the first Bolts from Above with an Agito weapon as he needs the extra HP from an HDT2 for that. My Hope has 4145 HP for reference, though he is at +600 on augs.

I did only do the one run so it could be that I got lucky on the meteor placement. I'll try see how runs go later today and consider using Freyja to try and tank my way through the waves.
I'll give those prints a try. I've been using Odd Sparrows instead of wyrmprints like Plaguebringer and Fires of Hate for the extra healing throughout the battle. I should put more faith into Grace's shield.

It makes sense that the HP difference between an HDT2 and Agito is causing T!Hope to wipe right away. The 6* Sword was mostly for W!Elly in eHMC; but I was still disappointed that T!Hope couldn't survive the opening attacks on his own after it was MUB.

shadow2810

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone has tip for shadow arena inferno last stage? I have no issue vs Ieyasu and co. but against zodiac AIs keep running into poison pool and die :/

Vilifier

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone has tip for shadow arena inferno last stage? I have no issue vs Ieyasu and co. but against zodiac AIs keep running into poison pool and die :/
I used my eKai team. G!Alex/Nefaria/Patia with Valiant Crown/Odd Sparrows and Grace with Study Rabbits/Maid Crusade. I'm pretty sure any 2x DPS + Patia/Grace should do the trick.

Vilifier

Oct 25, 2017
I don't have Grace... guess I'll get her from dream summon
You can try subbing in another healer. Grace's Life Shield is just really useful for solo content against any element since it nullifies any afflictions from damaging attacks.

Grace is a great candidate for Dream Summoning. She's the modern day Hildegarde on the old Dream Summon flowchart.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Ended up spending a lot of time with arena in the past day. Early results were basically...

• Fire: No real danger of death (I think H Sarisse worked well for the sisters...?), but 7:15 clear time wasn't great. HSarisse/JZ/Pipple/Gelly. Kinda struggled with the fact that my only HD2 is a wand, and this setup doesn't really leave room for using 3UB Siren on anyone so Pipple's using Vody thanks to HSarisse taking Levi.
  • Water: Fairly easy 5:29 clear with Sylas/Lin/Noelle/Lowen. Since I should get back to eCiella and farm her axe this week, it wasn't too concerning.
  • Wind: Not much of a surprise that the element with full 6*s/HD2s and now entirely MUB 5* dragons did the best by far. 3:52 with Euden/Ezelith/Xania/HLowen.
  • Light: Now things were getting tricky... took 30 minutes to clear, with a 5:21 time. Used Nefaria/Delphi/Gleo/Grace; Gleo's buff usually lined up with at least 1 of my 2 S1s as Nefaria, so that worked well.
  • Dark: In retrospect, I'm pretty surprised I cleared somewhat fast, in the sense of not dying rather than clear time,, because I lucked out on getting past Ieyasu and friends easily. Which was not true of any other run. 6:13 with Geuden/Mitsuhide/Chitose/Grace, so a lot of room to improve.
I'll tag so I'm not eating up more space, I guess.
Then later at night I pulled Peony and Tiki. So I swapped Chitose out for Peony, and fell into spending an hour on dark gradually getting down to 5:11 - if only Gleo had stayed closer to Zodiark. Then much later when I was unable to sleep I saw people talking about Marth and had the cosmic brain idea of "what if I used normal Euden to counter Addis", absolutely forgetting immediately that I was only 11 seconds away without any genius ideas like this, and so spent another hour getting that to work only to do slightly worse at best. Moved on to retrying the others a bit.

Water got cleaned up surprisingly fast, though maybe not surprising given the weapons involved; fiddled with some prints and it was enough to get a 4:52. Couldn't improve fire much without a lot of effort, so I went on to light; got it down to a nicer 5:12 at least. And then I went back to light for a few more tries, went back to using Geuden again instead of trying any more brilliant off-element ideas, and... fucking immediately got a 4:50. I guess that hour spent with normal Euden was good training to counter Ieyasu/Savanna/Addis? Sheesh.

Then I went back to fire. I spent a lot of time fiddling with the team after that, since I'd not tried Tiki yet. Tiki/JZ/Lily/Gelly got me down to 5:40, and Pipple/JZ/Tiki/Gelly got me down to 5:17. Started getting crafty because Renee absolutely kept fucking up runs during this, and also because I was really hurting Pipple's damage by shifting to Levi to bog at break and spending his energy in the process. The end result of that is a goofy combination of dragon uses, where I'm shifting with HMC on Gelly so that I can use her bog and meanwhile JZ gets Poli'ahu solely so I can freeze Renee a bit to stop her from murdering Gelly on sight. Pipple's also not even using the HD2 in favor of my 6* fire wand so that the AI can't waste his energy when I'm not currently him. In the end... 5:07. So it's getting there. Really, really need Brunhilda and Sarisse to behave though- they do not want to stick together and it makes it very hard to damage both.

...and then about an hour or two ago I fiddled with light's prints a bit, and got a sudden drop down to 4:30 after a false start or two. Jupiter and Luca stayed fairly close by and that was all it took.

Now only fire is left, but I'm so sick of Renee that it'll probably be another day or two before I try again. Maybe Gelly having a slightly stronger off-ele 6* axe will help...

Last edited:

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
I feel like I'm probably one of three people that immediately recognized the Xander/Waike wave in the flame arena was a reference to this:

c7046cb49c8900b069e8d9bea4796eb5.png

(Tell me I'm wrong. :P)

Stryda

Aug 20, 2018
After a lot of champions testaments, a lot of strategy, and a lot of cheesing I finally beat all the infernal coliseums. I used Marth in the fire coliseum to beat Renee my brain felt so massive because out how well it worked

Parshias

Oct 25, 2017
So my eCiella auto team clearly isn't as consistent as my clear on the second attempt suggested. Even trying to use Freyja's heal during the waves doesn't really cut it a lot of the time.

Ultimately the easiest way to clear semi-auto has been to swap to Grace once the meteor drops and just manually moving her to a safe spot. The wind characters are pretty much never at risk of being killed by the waves. Once I have Grace in position to be safe from the second wave I swap back to Hope and let auto take the wheel. Then I'll pop Freyja during the twin laser beams, though that move isn't super dangerous.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, that's been my approach as well (though I'm going to unbind Lin's axe a bit before I try running it more). I pop Freyja before meteors to be safe, then manually move Grace out of the way during the waves. The problem is that if I'm too slow to switch back to Hope after, he'll get killed by the next purple attack so I need to be quicker about it.

Wiseblade

Oct 26, 2017
In what amounts to a small miracle, I was able to get a full FEH2 set in around 350 summons. Tiki was obtained in just 20 summons, but Chrom/Peony was a 330+ summon slog. I also managed to pick up Veronica off daily deals earlier, completing my FEH1 set.

Pygrus

Oct 27, 2017
The grind for this event is insane and it's crazy that there is no way to efficiently auto it.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I'm just doing one million points and that's it. It's just not worth it otherwise.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Just like the first event 1 million is really all you need to get anything valuable, yup. The rewards after that are ok but by no means all that important unless you are really thirsty for some eldwater.

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Finally got Peony today. That completes the set, plus I've been hurting for a top tier light unit.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I sent some feedback asking them to add a setting to Auto-Battle for the main character to shapeshift as soon as dragon form is available. Gala Mym is easily one of my favourite characters and she literally misses out on so much unless you sit there watching it and shapeshift manually

ginnokane

Oct 28, 2017
Ugh, I managed to get Peony after about 6-7 ten pulls, but I'm well over 200 pulls deep for Tiki, and I'm starting to wonder if it's worth it. I keep pulling a couple times throughout the day, so as not to regret pulling too much at once, but I've spent over 30k wyrmite, and my stash is looking back at me with sad puppy eyes.

Does someone want to convince me one way or another? Is she really fun to play? Lamer than expected? I really don't want to be caught without anything for Gala later this month, as they are my favourite times to pull.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
She's neat and it's kinda cool to casually have a dragon on your team (you can still shift separate from her) but it's hard to advise pulling more for her. She's currently bugged - and people think that may or may not extend past the bugs that the notices have - which makes it really hard to tell how good she is. And since Spirals tend to be what get used for Agito, even without that issue it'd hard to tell if she'd end up being meta for it. It may be time to give up, as I've had to do for Chrom now.

Only other thing is that her co-ability may or may not end up being used for a decent amount of characters in the sim. But I don't think it'll be quite on Peony's level so she was the more important thing to get, anyway.

Vilifier

Oct 25, 2017
I cleared my first mHDT today. I was able to solo mHJP using Hawk's new 6* Bow and his stun opening rotation.

I solo'd eHJP right after and was surprised it was the harder fight of the two. I knew eHJP was stun resistant so Hawk was removed from the lineup. I thought I could at least break eHJP faster than mHJP using a full Dark team but that didn't happen. Since it seems like both eHJP and mHJP drop the same amount of tails; I guess there's no reason to keep playing eHJP.

I'm so thankful "Retry" was implemented with the latest update. It really helped with practicing Hawk's rotation.

SiG

Oct 25, 2017
So apart from the welfare adventurers, I managed to get Fjord, Peony, Tiki, and Veronica. Should I still be rolling for Marth or Chrom?

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I went through all adventurer stories and gathered enough wyrmnite for 40 pulls... and just came out of it with another Ceberus... This Tiki banner is probably the worst luck I've ever had in Dragalia. 35k wyrmnite, 5 ten fold, tens of single tickets and several daily deals at this point and nothing to show for it.

Razmos

Oct 28, 2017
I went through all adventurer stories and gathered enough wyrmnite for 40 pulls... and just came out of it with another Ceberus... This Tiki banner is probably the worst luck I've ever had in Dragalia. 35k wyrmnite, 5 ten fold, tens of single tickets and several daily deals at this point and nothing to show for it.
If you haven't done them already the event compendium quests gives quite a few single tickets

Vilifier

Oct 25, 2017
Went all in to chase Peony; pulled 5x Chroms instead. I hope not having that Light Damage Co-ability won't hurt my ability to run Dark Agito.

Last edited:

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
If you haven't done them already the event compendium quests gives quite a few single tickets

I did that before the event started. I'll be throwing any of the scraps I get in the next two days too though since I've already thrown away everything I had for this banner, although I realize the chances are basically zero.

Last edited:

Andri

Mar 20, 2018
Switzerland
been doing some testing about universal crystals.
Running battle with chrom (normal) for 200 stamina gives about 140 universal crystals.(autoable and very easy for most players)
Running Lunatic descent which costs 20 stamina gives 14-15 universal crystals and lots of resolve, but it isnt autoable and takes comparably a long time to solo.

So it might be a good idea to drop some stamina on auto chrom for people like me cant win the highest tier of the colloseum and dont have time/will to manually farm descent.

The drop rate for rainbow orbs on expert ruins is not great
Its not just not great, its really inconsistent.

Sometimes i get 40+ from a set of auto runs, then the next run with same stamina spent i get 14.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
been doing some testing about universal crystals.
Running battle with chrom (normal) for 200 stamina gives about 140 universal crystals.(autoable and very easy for most players)
Running Lunatic descent which costs 20 stamina gives 14-15 universal crystals and lots of resolve, but it isnt autoable and takes comparably a long time to solo.

So it might be a good idea to drop some stamina on auto chrom for people like me cant win the highest tier of the colloseum and dont have time/will to manually farm descent.

Its not just not great, its really inconsistent.

Sometimes i get 40+ from a set of auto runs, then the next run with same stamina spent i get 14.

Why are you farming crystals, if you don't mind me asking? I've only run Chrom 5 times (so have a lot to gain between running it 15 more times and the 10/15/20 endeavors), and I already have no unique rewards left to get with them. None of the generic stuff seems to be worth farming like that, unless I'm missing something...

Andri

Mar 20, 2018
Switzerland
Why are you farming crystals, if you don't mind me asking? I've only run Chrom 5 times (so have a lot to gain between running it 15 more times and the 10/15/20 endeavors), and I already have no unique rewards left to get with them. None of the generic stuff seems to be worth farming like that, unless I'm missing something...
Mostly for the augments.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Mostly for the augments.

Oh, I wasn't including those as generic rewards. But I guess I missed that the Infernal arenas had endeavors that gave a good amount of them - I was double checking if they had any first clear rewards since you mentioned them but saw nothing. I can see why you may need to farm to make up for that, hmm.

Silent

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I think it's time I upgrade my water and wind teams. Is it better to just focus on building up one characters HD/Agito weapon? I have a MUB HDT1 blade for Victor. I know he's fallen out of meta, so I was thinking maybe it's time to build Tobias, Sylas, Hawk, or all three? As far water, I only have a MUB HDT1 bow for Hunter Sarisse. I've got Fjorm, Xainfried, and Valerio if those heroes are worth more investing in. I'd like to build full teams instead of pushing everything into one person because being able to solo things is important to me. However, I know that co-op is the only way I can realistically tackle the harder content, so I was considering just investing in one character in each element.

Edit: Doing some further reading it might be best for me to use a 0UB Agito weapon with Gala Alex to get carried in eKai?

Last edited:

Stryda

Aug 20, 2018
I'm just waiting for the day Dragalia just hurts me. Every limited banner I've pulled on I've gotten all the units I wanted, I know my luck is gonna run out when I really don't need it to

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Same with me. The only character that really destroyed me so far was Gala Cleo. Spent a lot to get her in her first release and failed. Luckily I got her during the first anniversary, but even that wasn't cheap.

The one character I've wanted since day one was Zethia, either Regular, Masked, or Empress. I just know due to my recent luck that when she does arrive I'll go 900+ pulls and fail to get her. I only hope we have spark by then so I have that to fall back on.

Razmos

Oct 28, 2017
I failed multiple times to get Gleo before eventually getting her in a platinum showcase. So much wasted resources.

The other big white whale for me was Marishiten, who I failed to get every single time the zodiac banner returned until I finally got her during the Mitsuhide zodiac banner.

The only truly limited character I've failed to get entirely is Hunter Berserker which is a shame

Xavi

Oct 27, 2017
Lightning for Smash
I've been super lucky with all limited units since I started playing around the anniversary last year. The only one I'm missing is Veronica, I'm still trying with the daily summon but I'm not expecting her to come home at all.

Vilifier

Oct 25, 2017
I think I'm missing an equal amount of Limited adventurers and non-Limited at this point. I'm missing Mym, DY!Cleo, Ieyasu, Veronica, H!Mym, Peony and Puppy. It's kind of a shame that their stories are locked until they're summoned; but I suppose a quick search on YouTube can solve that problem.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I think it's time I upgrade my water and wind teams. Is it better to just focus on building up one characters HD/Agito weapon? I have a MUB HDT1 blade for Victor. I know he's fallen out of meta, so I was thinking maybe it's time to build Tobias, Sylas, Hawk, or all three? As far water, I only have a MUB HDT1 bow for Hunter Sarisse. I've got Fjorm, Xainfried, and Valerio if those heroes are worth more investing in. I'd like to build full teams instead of pushing everything into one person because being able to solo things is important to me. However, I know that co-op is the only way I can realistically tackle the harder content, so I was considering just investing in one character in each element.

Edit: Doing some further reading it might be best for me to use a 0UB Agito weapon with Gala Alex to get carried in eKai?

I have used my MUB HD1 blade with Tobias to do quick no-healer eCiella runs, so you have that option if you have Freyja fwiw. You won't be getting carried; his damage is hardly the point and you'll get like 2 minute clears if everyone else is good. People seem to like 3 Hawk + him, but I had runs that fast even with a more normal Hawk/Sylas/Lin comp. I've considered making him a 6* just for the might boost so I can do a little more co-op while finishing the weapons to make auto more consistent, but the MUB HD1 has been fine for finding rooms still so I've leave that till later still. In any case- Hawk and Sylas are also great options, and I'm personally happy to see 2 Sylas players when I'm using Grace, so either can find rooms where you'll not need to switch if someone else is using them.

Looking at the dps sim, Xain and Valerio are barely better than HSsrisse and I believe are still not used much in HBH compared to her- though I've mainly been using Jupiter for my mentor bonuses lately, so I may be out of touch. I doubt people want more than 1 melee there still, though. There is also the caveat that given how gimmicky she is, she may end up being ill-fitting for Agito. And similarly there will likely be some Spirals that shake things up and we have no idea if Laranoa will end up making that bow worth it still, for example.

And finally, even with a 6* at all you will not exactly be being carried as Galex if you play her well enough. Actually, if you test it in the sim's custom build option, it seems there's a little crying Gleo face... I think cause it's only ~100 worse than her MUB 6* dps...

EDIT: oh, I think the crying gleo is just a new thing that was added for not having the weapon icon art? lol

Last edited:

Pygrus

Oct 27, 2017
Well, def not getting Peyone, my gacha luck has been shit in this game but has been amazing in Arknights. Wish that RNGESUS could bless me so I could just get a good light wand user, cause Lucretia is terrible.

Silent

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I have used my MUB HD1 blade with Tobias to do quick no-healer eCiella runs, so you have that option if you have Freyja fwiw. You won't be getting carried; his damage is hardly the point and you'll get like 2 minute clears if everyone else is good. People seem to like 3 Hawk + him, but I had runs that fast even with a more normal Hawk/Sylas/Lin comp. I've considered making him a 6* just for the might boost so I can do a little more co-op while finishing the weapons to make auto more consistent, but the MUB HD1 has been fine for finding rooms still so I've leave that till later still. In any case- Hawk and Sylas are also great options, and I'm personally happy to see 2 Sylas players when I'm using Grace, so either can find rooms where you'll not need to switch if someone else is using them.

Looking at the dps sim, Xain and Valerio are barely better than HSsrisse and I believe are still not used much in HBH compared to her- though I've mainly been using Jupiter for my mentor bonuses lately, so I may be out of touch. I doubt people want more than 1 melee there still, though. There is also the caveat that given how gimmicky she is, she may end up being ill-fitting for Agito. And similarly there will likely be some Spirals that shake things up and we have no idea if Laranoa will end up making that bow worth it still, for example.

And finally, even with a 6* at all you will not exactly be being carried as Galex if you play her well enough. Actually, if you test it in the sim's custom build option, it seems there's a little crying Gleo face... I think cause it's only ~100 worse than her MUB 6* dps...
Thanks! I think I'll hold back on building Hawk and Sylas in that case and just practice with Tobias. I think I would need to learn when to shapeshift with Freyja.

I ended up just hopping into an eKai Yan run, and I got carried by really good people. I wish the game let me know if my teammates wanted to run again before I use ashes to refill wings, haha. It took a while to find another room that was able to clear. I don't have much experience with it yet, but it seems straightforward enough? I don't know if I lack the DPS or skill because it seemed difficult to get into second phase before his big explosion thing.

Smiley90

Oct 25, 2017