• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Tiki's trial is pure evil.
Marth
Kept picking off my wind adventurers one by one, the damage was insane lol and most of it came from just the normal attack combo which was hard to see with Tiki doing all these big attacks.
It eventually came down to a solo Grace vs Tiki and I am SUPER glad I got the 6* weapon for Grace as it was completely invaluable in this fight, switching back and forth between the attack speed buff and the defense buff would trigger her healing double buff and kept her alive during the whole fight. Its a damn good thing there was no time limit because it took forever

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Marth
Kept picking off my wind adventurers one by one, the damage was insane lol and most of it came from just the normal attack combo which was hard to see with Tiki doing all these big attacks.
It eventually came down to a solo Grace vs Tiki and I am SUPER glad I got the 6* weapon for Grace as it was completely invaluable in this fight, switching back and forth between the attack speed buff and the defense buff would trigger her healing double buff and kept her alive during the whole fight. Its a damn good thing there was no time limit because it took forever
I didn't even know about that Tiki Trial twist. I somehow managed fine with my wind team, but I have a feeling Grace helped me a lot.

Mr. Virus

Oct 27, 2017
Marth

I just attempted it and it's such a bastard move ha ha.

I figured she'd have a 2nd phase because she doesn't have a gauge in the first one, but Marth appearing just ruins all the plans.

bagandscalpel

Oct 25, 2017
Marth
Wow, didn't even know that could happen. My wind team just blew up her first and second forms so fast that I don't think help came for her.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
About 300 pulls to get Peony and I'm pretty sure I got nearly every off banner 5* in the process

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
qezkrXX.png

New image of all the welfare's maxed with the addition of Sharena. I now need to do some image merging when posting these since only 20 adventurers can be displayed without the UI obstructing the bottom adventurers. Hopefully it's not too noticeable.

JoeInky

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, how does this game make any money?

Because you'd think the diamantium would be priced reasonably enough so they could exploit FOMO when these events roll around, but it's like £23 to get enough for a single tenfold summon? I find it hard to believe that there are many whales out there paying those prices.

I mean £75 gets you 3 tenfolds and that's it? I've had 3 tenfolds in a row before without getting any 5* so it could be a complete waste of money, you could spend the diamantium on other stuff but as far as I can see most of the other stuff is all easily attainable in game.

Maybe I'm just completely out of the loop with mobile games

Last edited:

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017

Because you'd think the diamantium would be priced reasonably enough so they could exploit FOMO when these events roll around, but it's like £23 to get enough for a single tenfold summon? I find it hard to believe that there are many whales out there paying those prices.

I mean £75 gets you 3 tenfolds and that's it? I've had 3 tenfolds in a row before without getting any 5* so it could be a complete waste of money, you could spend the diamantium on other stuff but as far as I can see most of the other stuff is all easily attainable in game.

That price is pretty par for the course for a tenner in gacha games these days

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
Has anyone else ever had trouble buying Diamantium on iOS? As soon as I click "buy", I'm getting a pop-up telling me that my purchase has been canceled o.o

Andri

Mar 20, 2018
Switzerland

The game is certainly very generous with summons, just look at the welfare account someone posts regularily.

I think the money they make is less from people buying diamantium for summons, and more from people buying the packets for materials, or to get diamantium for the special summons that only take diamantium.

I personally more or less play welfare, but i bought 100 pounds worth of stuff on the aniversary, since Dragalia is my singular most played game since it released.
I dont know if there is a way to check total playtime, but my ipad tells me i have spent 20 hours in dragalia in the last 10 days.

ElFly

Oct 27, 2017
Tiki swept the floor with Joshua and his gang.

Switched to Galex and Gleo and got the win, tho Patia died at the last goddamn second.

Dunno if I have it in me to do it again. It's way too long a fight.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
I was able to do Tiki relatively painlessly first try on my F2P NOTTE account using Su Fang with HMS, Ranzal with Mini Mids, Botan with Mini Zodi, and Cleo with Ebisu. Keep in mind that's with Mana Circles/Spirals, full augments, while using MUB HD2 on Su Fang, Chimera on Ranzal, and MUB Agito on Cleo/Botan. I just swapped to Botan during the spicy surprise and focused on eliminating that before continuing on Tiki. Cleared within 5 minutes.

Omnicore

Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver
NRDbDSN_d.jpg

20 singles and on the 4th tenfold they both dropped. Very lucky. Makes up for the 231 pulls to get my Mars though.

The dream summon is where my current dilemma is. Only have 5 characters to select from:
Chelsea
Hawk
Sylas
Lazry
Bellina
I was 100% without a doubt going to select Hawk (It's insane that I've still never pulled him) but Sylas got his upgrade and is a massive player in the eCellia solo. Bah!

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Who is the better of the two newer Water units? The two with the food theme, and stance change mechanic. One was a blade and the other a dagger.

Jive Turkey

Oct 25, 2017
The dream summon is where my current dilemma is. Only have 5 characters to select from:
Chelsea
Hawk
Sylas
Lazry
Bellina
I was 100% without a doubt going to select Hawk (It's insane that I've still never pulled him) but Sylas got his upgrade and is a massive player in the eCellia solo. Bah!
I'm glad I didn't do a dream summon as I managed to pull three of them (Bellina, Chelsea, and Lazry) hunting for Chrom and Peony. A year and a half later and still no Hawk.

Omnicore

Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver
I'm glad I didn't do a dream summon as I managed to pull three of them (Bellina, Chelsea, and Lazry) hunting for Chrom and Peony. A year and a half later and still no Hawk.

Oh wow that's solid!
Maybe I'll wait until the last day of the Dream Summon, juuuust in case one of those 2 find their way home.
I honestly couldn't even tell you how many of each of the OGs I've pulled. The fact that Hawk still eludes me is laughable now lol.

Parshias

Oct 25, 2017
You should definitely wait until you're done summoning for the FEH characters before doing the Dream Summon. I won't be using it until I've pulled for Tiki.

If you are going to do the Dream Summon, you should strongly consider using it on Grace if you do not already have her. Grace is the backbone of eKai solo auto-battle teams and has been able to fill a similar role in eCiella solo teams. She's also a meta healer for eCiella, mHMS, and mHBH. Plus it isn't that hard to get a good dragon for her, with Ebisu and High Zodiark being her #2-#3 choices and both being welfare.

Grace is one of the most, if not THE most, meta-defining non-limited character around right now. I don't want to dissuade you from picking your favorite, but do at least consider Grace for your Dream Summon if you haven't pulled her yet.

Omnicore

Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver
You should definitely wait until you're done summoning for the FEH characters before doing the Dream Summon. I won't be using it until I've pulled for Tiki.

If you are going to do the Dream Summon, you should strongly consider using it on Grace if you do not already have her. Grace is the backbone of eKai solo auto-battle teams and has been able to fill a similar role in eCiella solo teams. She's also a meta healer for eCiella, mHMS, and mHBH. Plus it isn't that hard to get a good dragon for her, with Ebisu and High Zodiark being her #2-#3 choices and both being welfare.

Grace is one of the most, if not THE most, meta-defining non-limited character around right now. I don't want to dissuade you from picking your favorite, but do at least consider Grace for your Dream Summon if you haven't pulled her yet.

Oh certainly, I would pick Grace in a heartbeat if I didn't have her. Yeah, used her to farm all of my MUB eKai weapons on auto, she's insane. I'm literally only missing Hawk/Sylas/Bellina/Lazry/Chelsea. Hence the leaning towards Sylas to open up that eCiella solo.

Mr. Virus

Oct 27, 2017
Are there any decent Grace guides kicking about? I feel like I'm not using her correctly if the few times I've used her.

Parshias

Oct 25, 2017
Are there any decent Grace guides kicking about? I feel like I'm not using her correctly if the few times I've used her.

Best Co-abilities/CCAs for Grace are Bow, (any bow) Lance, (Botan preferred) and Sazanka. Sazanka can be replaced with either Taro or any Axe, you want to boost your HP as high as you can.

Dragons are Nidhogg > Ebisu > High Zodiark. Nidhogg gives more HP than Ebisu thanks to having higher base stats, while HZD is slightly behind Ebisu for overall HP. Ebisu can help you patch over some rough spots by using his dragon skill to heal yourself back up.

Wyrmprints are The Chocolatiers + The Maid Crusade. If you don't need the 100% Skill Prep, replace The Chocolatiers with Study Rabbits. If you don't have The Maid Crusade any Healing Doublebuff print will work, such as Odd Sparrows.

Grace relies heavily on having the Shadow Agito staff and is much weaker without it. You need to essentially spam the defense buff on your S2 and half of the weapon's S3 to trigger Healing Doublebuff (from Grace's passive and the print) to get your health back up so that you can make more shields. Depending on the fight there will be times to hold onto your defense buffs to get you or the party through a tough spot, like using your S2 right before some forced damage.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Looking at the Dream Summon characters I dont have, and Water is the team that is the most need of better units. I also dont have Xainfried. Would he be better than the other two, now that hes a 70mc
Xain is already beaten by Fjorm and will soon be beaten by 70mc Elisanne. I'd get either Mitsuba or Valerio depending on which playstyle you prefer.

Mr. Virus

Oct 27, 2017
Best Co-abilities/CCAs for Grace are Bow, (any bow) Lance, (Botan preferred) and Sazanka. Sazanka can be replaced with either Taro or any Axe, you want to boost your HP as high as you can.

Dragons are Nidhogg > Ebisu > High Zodiark. Nidhogg gives more HP than Ebisu thanks to having higher base stats, while HZD is slightly behind Ebisu for overall HP. Ebisu can help you patch over some rough spots by using his dragon skill to heal yourself back up.

Wyrmprints are The Chocolatiers + The Maid Crusade. If you don't need the 100% Skill Prep, replace The Chocolatiers with Study Rabbits. If you don't have The Maid Crusade any Healing Doublebuff print will work, such as Odd Sparrows.

Grace relies heavily on having the Shadow Agito staff and is much weaker without it. You need to essentially spam the defense buff on your S2 and half of the weapon's S3 to trigger Healing Doublebuff (from Grace's passive and the print) to get your health back up so that you can make more shields. Depending on the fight there will be times to hold onto your defense buffs to get you or the party through a tough spot, like using your S2 right before some forced damage.

Cheers! I don't have the Agito staff but have the rest, so that might have been the missing piece of the puzzle if it's so core to her kit.

Cronogear

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Spent over 10k wyrmite, 3 ten folds, and 20 singles, and literally all I have to show for it is a single Shinobi, which I had already MUB.

Fuck this.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
NRDbDSN_d.jpg

20 singles and on the 4th tenfold they both dropped. Very lucky. Makes up for the 231 pulls to get my Mars though.

Chelsea
Hawk
Sylas
Lazry
Bellina
If it helps Hawk is like a 1 in 9 chance in the 5* adventurer tickets they give out sometimes so it might not be worth using the dream summon on him

Vilifier

Oct 25, 2017
Pulled Chrom and have about 12k left. Chrom will forever be a co-ab slave siting on my co-op team's backrow to provide that +10% HP/Defense. I'm out of tickets so I'll try to increase pity by using dailies before trying again for Peony.

To echo everyone else; if you don't have Grace that should be your number one priority for Dream Summoning. She's fundamentally changed how I play Dragalia Lost for the better. Grace allows you to essential solo most content which takes away a lot of the frustration and anxiety I had when playing co-op. I have zero regrets emptying my wyrmite stash chasing after her. Thanks to Grace, I'm getting close to MUB my 6* Wind Bow even though I've yet to successfully clear a eCi PUB.

When does part 2 start? Since the event ends on the 11th can't be too far out?

Tiki's banner starts May 3rd.

Vilifier

Oct 25, 2017
Mind posting your solo setup?
Running right now with:
  • T!Hope | 50MC (Although I didn't really have issues with 45MC) | MUB Chimeratech | MUB Zephyr | Valiant Crown | Odd Sparrows | +600 Augments
  • Sylas | 70MC | MUB HD2 (From eHMS weeklies + Damascus Ingots) | MUB Ariel | Valiant Crown | Odd Sparrows | +600 Augments
  • Hawk | 70MC | MUB Chimeratech (Need to switch to 6*) | MUB Vayu | Valiant Crown | Odd Sparrows | +600 Augments
  • Grace | 50MC | MUB 6* | MUB Nidhogg | Study Rabbits | Maid Crusade | +600 Augments
I manually control T!Hope until after the first Bolts from Above then switch to full auto for the rest of Phase 1. On Phase 2, I just try to keep triggering T!Hope's S1 to keep the Valiant Crown / Odd Sparrows buffs up and save S2 to iFrame random attacks. Only real threat in Phase 2 is positioning for Cryogenic Meteor which has been hit or miss. Runs take between 7-9 min since I'm using Chimeratech for T!Hope and Hawk; but autoing Phase 1 makes it not as noticable.

Before I decided to invest into T!Hope, I was running Patia with similar results.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
This summon banner feels genuinely cursed.

I've been playing Dragalia since it first came out and this is the first time I've ever gotten pity rates of 8% or even 9%.

Seanjeezy

Oct 30, 2017
Seattle
Got Peony on my first multi, got Chrom on a single pull after 9% pity rate and now I'm completely out of wyrmite soooo hopefully there are some good rewards for clearing out the event otherwise no Tiki for me

Oct 27, 2017
Going through three months worth of Wyrmite and tickets is reminding me how dang near impossible it is to get wyrmite in this game outside of events...

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
40 single tickets and 2 tenfold, 10k wyrmnite and nothing on banner (only new 5 stars was summer Julietta)... I'll save my remaining wyrmnite to at least get Tiki for sure. If anything remains afterwards I'll return to this banner.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017

Has anyone else ever had trouble buying Diamantium on iOS? As soon as I click "buy", I'm getting a pop-up telling me that my purchase has been canceled o.o

You never want to buy pure diamantium. There are a number of one-time packs with a much better rate of dia/$, but the one that you can always buy for a good rate is the 7 Day Resources pack. You get 830 dia for $10; no pure dia pack comes even close to 83 dia/$. A 10 pull - or more importantly and more worth the money, the Dream Summon - is only like $14 in this game with that in mind, you just can't spend it all at once. But Dream Summons always last over a week so you can buy 2 in time without any issue.

I don't think spending money on 10 pulls is worth it vs just getting daily deals, though.

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
My god before I say anything about my gatcha luck, I just want to say the story and music of the event has me all hooked! :D

Selphie

Oct 27, 2017
The Netherlands
I finally picked this up again, I played for a little while at launch but I quickly fell off because it wasnt supported in my country, it still isn't but I started anew with a jpn nintendo account.
This game is way more fun than I remembered. I just did the first defensive battle in the new event, I was 2000 underlevelled but I'm not sure how much that matters because I got it on the first try.
I have one question about the current event, do you have to the friendship stuff with Sharena just like with Alfonse? I was a bit sleepy when she joined so I missed a bit of the conversation when she joined up with me. Or maybe that stuff happens once the timegated stuff unlocks.

Parshias

Oct 25, 2017
No Friendship with Sharena. (because obviously her Friendship is MAX with everyone!) You just straight up get her.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
I was about to ask that for myself, hah, so thanks for doing that. I had to quickly skip that chapter and didn't see if there was some other system or not. I'm gonna go read it and continue the story now, but obviously it wouldn't play the message again, so...

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
You never want to buy pure diamantium. There are a number of one-time packs with a much better rate of dia/$, but the one that you can always buy for a good rate is the 7 Day Resources pack. You get 830 dia for $10; no pure dia pack comes even close to 83 dia/$. A 10 pull - or more importantly and more worth the money, the Dream Summon - is only like $14 in this game with that in mind, you just can't spend it all at once. But Dream Summons always last over a week so you can buy 2 in time without any issue.

I don't think spending money on 10 pulls is worth it vs just getting daily deals, though.
Nah, I just like to throw them $1 once every few weeks, haha. Not really worried about what's the best deal.