• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ahdurian

Oct 25, 2017
man i'm really getting sick of people leaving after only one death in HDTs
especially when we get them to like 25% health and no other deaths

Vilifier

Oct 25, 2017
I'm really close to my first EKai full auto win. Unfortunately Nefaria seems like a poor investment for this atm since ranged characters require more babysitting so they don't get caught in his spheres.
I promoted Vice to 70MC (after much internal debating between Vice and Delphi) to replace Nefaria in my auto lineup. Even without a MUB Agito on Vice, he was producing more consistent Auto Runs.

Current auto team is Patia (Leader) / G!Alex / Vice all with Valiant Crown / Odd Sparrows and Grace with From Whence He Comes / The Maid Crusade.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
It would help due to the pity rate. As long as they didn't throw a bunch of old characters on rate up alongside him, the pity rate would mostly raise his chances rather than a bunch of other characters alongside him... They did throw a bunch of unrelated old characters in the rate up of the last Monster Hunter banner though.
As far as I know, all banners have had three rated-up adventurers/dragons since release, so if they did individual banners for the FEH characters they would definitely put two common pool adventurer/dragons in there with them as a rate-up, to make up the 1.5% (so 0.5% per rated-up character/dragon). The remaining 1.5% would likely be split among the rest of the common pool characters.

It's just the way they do things, I'm afraid. We need that pity mechanic already for people on the unlucky end of RNG. :/

Parshias

Oct 25, 2017
Nah, recent banners have had less than three rate up units on them. The Mitsuba and Grace banners had only their one new unit on rate up.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
The recent new banners have done away with off-banner 5* focuses, basically after the MH collab. The banners for Valerio/Nimis, Mitsuba, Tobias/Ariel, Bellina/Andromeda, Grace, and Lazry/Gaibhne & Creidhne did not have any other 5*'s as their focuses. The last time they featured a permanent pool member alongside new content was Victor alongside Kirsty's banner back in January.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Nah, recent banners have had less than three rate up units on them. The Mitsuba and Grace banners had only their one new unit on rate up.
The recent new banners have done away with off-banner 5* focuses, basically after the MH collab. The banners for Valerio/Nimis, Mitsuba, Tobias/Ariel, Bellina/Andromeda, Grace, and Lazry/Gaibhne & Creidhne did not have any other 5*'s as their focuses. The last time they featured a permanent pool member alongside new content was Victor alongside Kirsty's banner back in January.
Interesting, that's news to me!

So it was 0.5% for them still, or did they raise it to compensate for no other rated-up adventurer/dragons?

Stryda

Aug 20, 2018
I hope we get dragons for Part 2. I was actually disappointed we didn't get a manakete or something as a dragon or a character that can only transform into a certain dragon

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I hope we get dragons for Part 2. I was actually disappointed we didn't get a manakete or something as a dragon or a character that can only transform into a certain dragon

By the wording, it's three adventurers, although they could go with a Manakete as one of the adventurers. Tiki did fight untransformed in Warriors so it seems like IS would allow a Manakete to fight a bit before transforming.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Gala Dragalia now for...dragons? It looks like they might just alternate months, so one is a dragon and the other adventurer. I...don't know about this, I kind of wish they'd just put both the adventurer and the dragon on the same banner every few months. As for the dragon itself, it's insanely powerful. Like, wow.

dragalialost.com

Dragalia Lost | Nintendo

Thank you for playing the Dragalia Lost game.Service for Dragalia Lost ended on Tuesday, November 29, 2022 (Pacific Time).

The skill deals fire damage to enemies in front and drags them towards you, increases your strength by 20% for 20 seconds, and charge the skill dragon gauge by attacking, using this twice in the same shapeshift. If you equip to a fire-attuned adventurer, increase strength by 70%. Increases strength by an additional 20% (so 90% total) if health is above 50%. When you shapeshift and it ends, it fills all of the skill gauges for your adventurer to 100%.

Insanity.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
While it's unfortunate that Agni/Cerberus got powercrept, I only think it'll become a legitimate issue if Master Volk requires Mars for the clear, or if they balance content around Mars. Like, Galex has shown that they're still willing to make Gala's the most powerful stuff, but Galex in terms of the meta just made eKai go from clearable to very easily clearable. As long as content continues to be tuned around Agni/Cerb, stronger dragons aren't inherently an issue.

Interesting, that's news to me!

So it was 0.5% for them still, or did they raise it to compensate for no other rated-up adventurer/dragons?

Still 0.5%

Smiley90

Oct 25, 2017
70% strength and another 20% above 50% health?! Fatalis is getting powercreeped REAL fast.

I guess that comes with being the first Gala Dragon but still...

OtterMatic

Oct 25, 2017
You are able to stack the 20% strength buff to get 40% buff. You can do big number skill damages using the dragon skill the second time while killing the dragon. And no need to worry about having skill ready ahead since its passive gives you 100% skill prep after dragon. straight up powercreep.

I doubt they will have gala every month from now on since this makes the players have very little reason to pull during the rest of the month if you are not interested at all. It feels like this is just a welcoming summon pool for new players.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Something to consider is that in GBF, the old 5-star summons (their version of dragons) can get additional unbind added to them, similar to mana spirals, once they become too outdated. Agni and Cerberus would be prime candidates for that if they decide to do a similar thing for DL. The Mana Spiral and Event Compendium systems also essentially originated from GBF, so there's precedent.

Aero

Oct 27, 2017
Lmao at all the teasing for Gala Leif in the newest story chapter then they end up picking Mars instead.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know if I expect Leif to be Gala vs a regular 5* just like Patia was a regular 4*. But that's mostly just me thinking they won't do 2 sword units in a row, which I guess is also assuming that they'd make him his normal look (like Sarisse and Mym) rather than a particular alt.

Anyway... speaking of GBF, isn't the Gala equivalent monthly there to begin with? It feels like too much to me too, especially to do it during these limited banners right now. But if they're fine doing it there I don't know if it's an inherently bad idea, hmm.

Stryda

Aug 20, 2018
CyGames got tired of people flexing their wyrmite stash and saying they're only saving for gala and limited banners.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Anyway... speaking of GBF, isn't the Gala equivalent monthly there to begin with? It feels like too much to me too, especially to do it during these limited banners right now. But if they're fine doing it there I don't know if it's an inherently bad idea, hmm.

In GBF, they literally have two Gala's every month; one in the middle and one towards the end, each with a different pool of Gala adventurers. If Gala's eventually happen that frequently in DL, that'd definitely give people who hoard a lot more opportunities to pull.

Westlo

Nov 4, 2017
*watches Gala trailer*

Comes across as a desperate grab for $$$ while giving up any pretense of balance in this game, felt just as disgusted watching the first Duo Heroes trailer for FEH.....

Anyway bring me Loki please..... and thank fuck Laranoa spooked me on the Fire Emblem banner because she'll probably be the strongest character in this game in 4 months time. (not even being sarcastic).

Also Gala Zethia soon please, make her super busted too.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
All I ever pull from Galas is dragons so that gives me hope.

I know its not optimal but Mars on Gala Mym is going to be so much fun due to the sheer stat boost and then having 100% skill prep to use dragon claws and boost her dragon gauge even more.

If Mym wasn't my favourite character in the game to play as I probably would skip this banner but I absolutely need to try and get the dragon for her

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017

Wait, we're fighting Naveed with the new event content?

I guess the coliseum will put us against some of the adventurers. I like it, gives more of a use to having a big cast.
It shows Lea and Sarisse too so I guess we will fight them too, Lea is especially interesting since it will match the Flower in the Fray wyrmprint. Maybe Emma will be cheering her on

Mr. Virus

Oct 27, 2017
Wondering if Sharena will be Water given that they've only shown fire units there, or if they'll have quests for each element.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Having Lea just makes me think there's a missed opportunity there where it could have been the revenge of ignored 5* adventurers, hah. Get Sylas and uhhh Bardin and Akasha in there too.

Omnicore

Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver
Here's hoping Gala Mars actually comes with a rate higher than 0.5% because this is dangerous bait.
1) Dragons have always had higher pull rates than adventurers.
2) Without stones you would need 5 copies compared to only needing one copy of an Adventurer.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Dragons focuses have universally gotten a higher pull rate of 0.8% since summer I think, so we'll see if that also applies to Gala.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I have a decent number of resources (and by decent, I mean extremely decent), so I might try for Mars tomorrow. If things don't go horribly...horribly wrong, I should still have plenty for FEH2 and gala at the end of next month. I know I should probably wait until the last day to summon, since we'll likely have FEH2 banner information by then, but I'm not sure I'm patient enough for that. >_<

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Five single tickets, got Mars. Well okay then. Not going to pull more, just going to Sunstone him.

Good luck to anyone else pulling!

Seanjeezy

Oct 30, 2017
Seattle
Took 16 singles, 3 free 10 pulls and 2 normal 10 pulls to get Mars, so glad I didn't burn everything like I did trying and failing to get galex

shadow2810

Oct 25, 2017
tried "for fun" pulls and only took 5 single tickets to get Mars. Wish I had the same luck when trying to get Glax/DCleo.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
It doesn't hurt that dragons have a 0.8% rate-up. I mean, it's only a 0.3% increase, but it still helps!

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
...blew 12k wyrmite for absolutely fucking nothing; worst Gala in a long long time for me, ugh. I should not have dumped that much when I only have Marth out of FE1 and FE2 is coming, but I was kinda incredulous at my luck being that bad! It's not like I wiped out my stash or anything at least, I've got 40k and a large number of single tickets, but I feel like I got harshly owned by my belief in definitely having good luck. Usually I at least get a good number of dupes; here, instead my pity went very high, and...

8.5% pity, rainbow sword and dragon drop, aaaaaand it's Albert and Levi dupes

8% pity, rainbow bow and dragon drop, aaaaaand it's Hawk and Nidhogg dupes

So as aside from Mars I'm only lacking Sarisse and Alex, I got trolled hard. Only good thing was a Sakuya dupe at the start when I was spending some singles... I'll have to decide whether I want to spend dailies here or trying to get Veronica/Fjorm, I suppose.

EDIT: threw 20+ more single tickets at it and got Poseidon, I'm done, Mars doesn't want me, back to FE it is

Last edited:

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Chrono accidentally posting the same thing from his alt as his main account?
I know, I had to laugh at that, haha. What are the odds?

...blew 12k wyrmite for absolutely fucking nothing; worst Gala in a long long time for me, ugh. I should not have dumped that much when I only have Marth out of FE1 and FE2 is coming, but I was kinda incredulous at my luck being that bad! It's not like I wiped out my stash or anything at least, I've got 40k and a large number of single tickets, but I feel like I got harshly owned by my belief in definitely having good luck. Usually I at least get a good number of dupes; here, instead my pity went very high, and...

8.5% pity, rainbow sword and dragon drop, aaaaaand it's Albert and Levi dupes

8% pity, rainbow bow and dragon drop, aaaaaand it's Hawk and Nidhogg dupes

So as aside from Mars I'm only lacking Sarisse and Alex, I got trolled hard. Only good thing was a Sakuya dupe at the start when I was spending some singles... I'll have to decide whether I want to spend dailies here or trying to get Veronica/Fjorm, I suppose.
Sorry, that's rough. Seeing all of the low-cost pulls on Reddit, I was kind of hoping the pulls were bugged to something higher than advertised and we could all benefit from it. I guess not. :(

Smiley90

Oct 25, 2017
Apparently Gaibhne and Creidhne is REAL strong on Eli, and she becomes the third-highest DPS in the game with.. it (?).

Very curious to see how much Mars elevates fire DPS. Writing down for self: Gala Sarisse at 17.5k, Emma at 24.7k

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I got TWO Mars on my third ten-pull. lol. I'm good game, thanks for not making me blow my entire load.
That's awesome, congrats! I'm glad to hear this wasn't another MH Sarisse situation for you. Saves you a Sun Stone too, unless you're the hardcore type that's planning on MUB'ing both to put one on your AI companions.

Smiley90

Oct 25, 2017
That's awesome, congrats! I'm glad to hear this wasn't another MH Sarisse situation for you. Saves you a Sun Stone too, unless you're the hardcore type that's planning on MUB'ing both to put one on your AI companions.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

and no way, i'm happy with one. I've got MUB Konohana & MUB Arctos (or a nearly-MUB Dreadking) to fill out the roster. (and MUB Phoenix for V!Hildegarde)

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

and no way, i'm happy with one. I've got MUB Konohana & MUB Arctos (or a nearly-MUB Dreadking) to fill out the roster. (and MUB Phoenix for V!Hildegarde)
Yeah, I don't blame you. The only way I cnan see myself MUB'ing a second is if I get very lucky on duplicates when pulling for future gala characters. I'm happy enough with one as well, of which I instantly fed four Sun Stones. He seems pretty powerful so far, but then that's not terribly surprising.

I'm just scared of what the eventual shadow gala dragon will be like...

Shirosaki

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I've been a player since the beginning but just now really stumbling into this OT.

Just did 12 10 pulls plus about 25 single tickets to finally get Mars. Sunstoned the rest of the way.

Like some others on reddit, got my quickest Volk clear after, that damage is wild and being able to skill 2 twice makes it even better.