• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

mockingbird

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
The Alberian Front is such a pain solo. It's not difficult, just way too much running back and forth. You can tell it was tuned for co-op since, well...it was. I have no idea why they dropped that and made it solo-only. At least with full wyrmprints I get something like 71k points for a clear (could be more if I MLB more of the wyrmprints), so it shouldn't take me too long to clear one million points. I doubt I'll clear it all like I did last time, with how the event is now.

Yeah. i's the fact that i can't auto it and have to put in a good 3 mins of playing for who knows how many times.

Vilifier

Oct 25, 2017
Alberian Front isn't fun solo; I was really looking forward to it's return too. :-(

The co-op was fun since you were breaking off from the main group trying to stop the advance while trying to avoid taking on too many enemy units yourself.

I really hope FEH Part 2 has a co-op remixed version of Alberian Front.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't even tried it yet (doing story/some Void stuff before I free up a team slot for it) but it's definitely a weird decision. I had huge issues with the original version but solo-only isn't much of a solution, and actually makes the issue of how punishing the % rewards were even worse. Feels like they should have at least added a "park your AI here" button if they wanted to have it be solo.

My only guess for this happening is that it's because of how long this rerun is running for. It will actually still be running for nearly 2 more weeks after the sequel event starts. So if that event is multiplayer-focused, they'd want to make sure people are only going to that and not anything else.

ginnokane

Oct 28, 2017
I really hope FEH Part 2 has a co-op remixed version of Alberian Front.
This is almost definitely the reason. They didn't want to let you get burned out on coop defensive battles until the new content drops, but didn't want to waste the opportunity to rerun the content of the first FEH collab, which naturally had to come first. I'd say it's a decent compromise.

mockingbird

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
It's definitely faster and easier solo than last year due to the power boosts — making it easier to grind for valor— but it's a lot less fun.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
I recall a LOT of people complaining about Alberian Front last year, especially after the first week, due to how long the average game took combined with the valor grind, especially with the volatility of pubs and the fact that the original run also lasted 3 weeks. I'd say the reason they locked out co-op entirely this time around is because they're knocking several birds with one stone here: seeing how receptive the playerbase is to a solo-only version of this mode in order to potentially make future single-player content, making sure wings aren't being spent too much on the re-run if the new event will heavily feature multiplayer, and possibly beta testing for an Event Compendium-version of this event. Since Nintendo owns the IP, FE is probably the easiest to add to the Event Compendium from a licensing PoV compared to MH/Mega Man.

Right now, I'd say it's pretty important for people to consider what the devs should do to make the solo-version more enjoyable and tell them about it through feedback. If defensive battles as a whole just aren't unenjoyable solo like some folks are saying, and it's legitimately not viable to make it compelling in a single-player environment, then I don't think it's in the devs' best interest to dedicate a ton of resources in making more of this mode, when they could spend that time on content that could potentially be enjoyed both solo and co-op. Especially when they've been trying to figure out how to go about endgame single-player content on the level of High Dragons and Agito, having yet another piece of content that basically requires co-op to be fun doesn't seem like the best use of resources.

Stryda

Aug 20, 2018
Apparently the endeavors in chapter 13 were all fixed to be retroactive? Man people who were up at 2am really got screwed over

Smiley90

Oct 25, 2017
with MUB T2 VC fire weapons farming wind chimera is easy, got enough rupies to craft Noelle's MUB T2 weapon, easy +1200 might and now can finally proceed on Water Gauntlet.

..... Aaaaand I'm out of Rupies again.

ElFly

Oct 27, 2017
Is the simulator updated for Fjorm? It seems to not have moved much, if at all. Oh well, she is probably v niche.

Alfonse is disappointing since you gotta invest for a mana spiral and barely moves beyond Geuden and Mitsuhide, who don't have a spiral.

e: I guess Mitsuhide and Geuden are limited, while Alfonse is universal.

Last edited:

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Fjorm is in the spot where she's just an okay normal DPS because her mana spiral allows her to HBH cheese again, this time on Expert.

JoeInky

Oct 25, 2017
My last remaining tenfold summon

Yes there's definitely a 5* summon
Oh shit there's 3 5* summons
Oh shit there's a sword, a lance and a wand

I got Xainfried, Xander and Student Maribelle...

God dammit

Jive Turkey

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I'll echo the sentiment on Alberian Front. It's basically impossible to keep the gate from taking damage now thanks to enemies who can hit it all the way across the map.

EDIT: I need to have the kiddo summon for me more often. Three single tickets and he pulls Marth.

Last edited:

Josh378

Oct 27, 2017
I decided to fire up the ole G!Cleo for eHJP to get my light weapon. So, basically with the veronica buff, Expert High Jupiter with three MUB Veronica and one Cleo can down him in less than a minute.

I hope they're coming out with some content that really makes it difficult for players. Because, right now you're releasing characters that can basically down Master and Expert dragons in less than 1 to 2 minutes.

So with Veronica, Jupiter already empowers her by knocking her health down by 75% and her S1 nukes HARD! Now imagine this with Cleo 25% strength and her already staggering damage. That's broken!

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Ooh Grace with Chocolatiers can allow you to get the "Dont take any damage at all" condition in the fire emblem event, even when autoing repel the empire, getting you an extra 10% valor at the end. The damage that she does to herself isn't counted.

I suppose people use her for the characters who like to stay at low HP, but she's really good for keeping characters at 100% as well for wyrmprints with that effect, she's actually super good on farming teams

Josh378

Oct 27, 2017
Im surprised that they haven't tried to make a 4v4 League of Legend type of event. I think pvp type gameplay for a event would take the game to the next step, like a challenge event or something.

I think that would be fun.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Im surprised that they haven't tried to make a 4v4 League of Legend type of event. I think pvp type gameplay for a event would take the game to the next step, like a challenge event or something.

I think that would be fun.

The game just wasn't designed for pvp. They'd likely need to rebalance all characters in order to make a mode like that actually fun.

Josh378

Oct 27, 2017
The game just wasn't designed for pvp. They'd likely need to rebalance all characters in order to make a mode like that actually fun.

I know...wished there was something they can to to freshen the game since now m!dragons and eVol/eKai, is basically easy mode now.

This event sucks since co-op got disabled either than working on rolling for the characters I missed last year.

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
Works on mHBH too.

Reddit | 4 Fjorm clears mHBH in 18 seconds

Looks like it's time to unlock Fjorm's Mana Spiral for some more Fjorm Cheese shenanigans.
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

mockingbird

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Ooh Grace with Chocolatiers can allow you to get the "Dont take any damage at all" condition in the fire emblem event, even when autoing repel the empire, getting you an extra 10% valor at the end. The damage that she does to herself isn't counted.

I suppose people use her for the characters who like to stay at low HP, but she's really good for keeping characters at 100% as well for wyrmprints with that effect, she's actually super good on farming teams

But is that extra 10% better than the extra 60% or 40% from having an event print equipped?

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm really close to my first EKai full auto win. Unfortunately Nefaria seems like a poor investment for this atm since ranged characters require more babysitting so they don't get caught in his spheres.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
iDbwCu8.jpg

Hit 300K Wyrmite with the FEH endeavors in my F2P NOTTE account. I can do 4128 summons right now.

Here's all the adventurers I use on the account, which is exclusively the story/welfare ones, now updated because of Alfonse's Mana Spiral. I'll probably post a new update every time we either get another welfare/story spiral or adventurer.

zebePMA.jpg

I actually fully upgraded Alfonse's Mana Spiral without doing HZD at all, using Fafnir medals instead which is nice.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Mhmm, finally finished the new story chapter. I'm gonna wait a bit on posting my full thoughts because I think I'm in a bad mood and I'd be overly negative rather than, well, appropriately negative.

But let me just say that I wish I could describe, like, any character in this story as "interesting"...

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Mhmm, finally finished the new story chapter. I'm gonna wait a bit on posting my full thoughts because I think I'm in a bad mood and I'd be overly negative rather than, well, appropriately negative.

But let me just say that I wish I could describe, like, any character in this story as "interesting"...

I actually thought the main story had been improving lately, but this chapter really felt like a bunch of nothing. Most battles were basically filler that had no point aside from being Void tutorials, Phares just repeated his lines from previous chapters again and again (can't anyone just straight up tell him that his whole no morality spiel is just an excuse to do evil?), and the 5th heir also seems to be completely one note.

Last edited:

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I actually thought the main story had been improving lately, but this chapter really felt like a bunch of nothing. Most battles were basically filler that had no point aside from being Void tutorials, Phares just repeated his lines from previous chapters again and again (can't anyone just straight up tell him that his whole no morality spiel is just an excuse to do evil?), and the 5th heir also seems to be completely one note.

My feeling is increasingly that every heir's spiels are pretty much just an excuse to do evil. Some of them just don't know it... except not in a way that matters or will ever be called out, because the story seems to think they're legitimately being honorable? Somehow?

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
iDbwCu8.jpg

Hit 300K Wyrmite with the FEH endeavors in my F2P NOTTE account. I can do 4128 summons right now.

Here's all the adventurers I use on the account, which is exclusively the story/welfare ones, now updated because of Alfonse's Mana Spiral. I'll probably post a new update every time we either get another welfare/story spiral or adventurer.

zebePMA.jpg

I actually fully upgraded Alfonse's Mana Spiral without doing HZD at all, using Fafnir medals instead which is nice.
Congrats!

Now for 500k :P

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
My feeling is increasingly that every hier's spiels are pretty much just an excuse to do evil. Some of them just don't know it... except not in a way that matters or will ever be called, because the story seems to think they're legitimately being honorable? Somehow?

Leonidas just got called out on betraying his supposed ideals in the last chapter and ended up siding with Euden by the beginning of this one. Chelle also has been mostly helping even if she doesn't want to do it officially. Phares is really the big one where we get constantly stuck in this loop of Euden somehow thinking that he's nice in spite of everything that he says and does.

Obviously Valyx isn't helping either, but at least in that case he's just the typical "honorable enemy soldier" character, rather than doing evil stuff on his own like Emile and Phares.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Leonidas just got called out on betraying his supposed ideals in the last chapter and ended up siding with Euden by the beginning of this one. Chelle also has been mostly helping even if she doesn't want to do it officially. Phares is really the big one where we get constantly stuck in this loop of Euden somehow thinking that he's nice in spite of everything that he says and does.

Obviously Valyx isn't helping either, but at least in that case he's just the typical "honorable enemy soldier" character, rather than doing evil stuff on his own like Emile and Phares.

Maybe I'm forgetting something because of how much I hated Leonidas and Alex's chapter, but isn't him being called out recently been like... "you may have horribly oppressed us, tried to purge people who believed in our kingdom's religion, and tricked me into becoming a terrorist as part of that, but... you gave us hope"? Except, uh, without saying anything except the last part. That's not exactly being called out, lol.

Valyx is also evil, more or less. He's leading the empire's army because it's technically the same kingdom he was loyal to, except... it's actively murdering its civilians and destroying the world? It's not exactly like he's using his position for the good of the people who are stuck living in the kingdom or anything; he's not doing much harm mitigation, just kinda doing whatever Zethia says no matter how fucked up it is. The writers seriously seem to think he's legitimately honorable; he's not, he's just stubborn and doesn't think.

This is just a surface level take, of course, not meant to be well thought out criticism, but like... there's nothing below the surface so it's kinda all I can do. It would really go a long way for Euden's character if he started leaning a lil more towards acknowledging all their petty self-absorbed bullshit for what it is, but there's been 0 signs of that.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I really hope Chapter 14 brings us something new/big and it isn't another Chapter 10 tease where nothing of consequence really happens.

It feels like they've been teasing the whole Zethia showdown forever, and yet keep finding ways to delay it even more. I want that storyline to be finished already and for them to move onto something else (Evil Euden?). I thought maybe the whole Chapter 11/Android situation would change things up, but all it did was result in a means of giving us Laxi (and maybe/maybe not killing off Emile, but off-screen death probably means he's alive somewhere). It sounds like they're working in the Agito with the core story, as well as the mysterious army attacking Alberia (why do I have a feeling these people will be related to Euden in some way?). I'd also like to see more of Hinomoto and them getting involved in the fight, and not related to a once a year appearance.

Chapter 14 sounds like a turning point, that will likely continue into Chapter 15 and the Anniversary. Here's hoping it's something good.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Sorry for the double post, but...

Edit: Oh...oh no...

Showcases. Showcases. If they don't mean a Platinum Banner for FEH, this could very well indicate multiple banners.

Last edited:

Mr. Virus

Oct 27, 2017
Was expecting them to do the double banner thing because they've been doing it a lot recently. Shame they're doing it with limited units as well :/.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
They did it for Monster Hunter, and for every permanent pool showcase with multiple new 5* adventurers after MH, so I just assumed that was the case. Maybe they won't have non-new rate-ups so we won't get complaints like getting Heinwald or S! Maribelle in MH.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
The difference is, MH at least had dragons to pull for. If they do just a single FEH2 character in separate banners...

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Guess we'll see if they incorporate more than three gacha adventurers or also include dragons this time for the first part soon enough. We've gotten 3 gacha adventurers from FEH 1, no gacha for Mega Man, and 3 gacha adventurers/2 gacha dragons for MH, so it's not like collab slots are set in stone. Maybe we'll get a dragon like Grima or more than 3 adventurers this this time around.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Guess we'll see if they incorporate more than three gacha adventurers or also include dragons this time for the first part soon enough. We've gotten 3 gacha adventurers from FEH 1, no gacha for Mega Man, and 3 gacha adventurers/2 gacha dragons for MH, so it's not like collab slots are set in stone. Maybe we'll get a dragon like Grima or more than 3 adventurers this this time around.
Yeah. I'm imagining the best case scenario of 2+1 given the lack of a dragon, but 1 each would be real scummy :(.
Yeah, I'm not going to worry about it too much now, since that'll do nothing but cause me unnecessary grief.

It does mean that I'll probably need to hold off on summoning until much later on though, unless they give us all of the summoning information straight-up and it's not a MH Sarisse situation (though she was speculated due to the art, we had no idea what her skillset looked like, though).

JoeInky

Oct 25, 2017
I wish they'd split up this current banner so I could focus more on getting Marth tbh, so annoying spending over 250 summons and getting dupes of everyting but Marth.

It would probably make them less money so I know why they don't do it but I'd prefer it if they did it something like Dota 2 and made it so you can't get dupes of the featured units until you've got all of the featured units.

I wouldn't be surprised if one of the new FE heroes was Tiki with a locked shapeshift dragon like mym or lathna

Vilifier

Oct 25, 2017
I wish they'd split up this current banner so I could focus more on getting Marth tbh, so annoying spending over 250 summons and getting dupes of everyting but Marth.

It would probably make them less money so I know why they don't do it but I'd prefer it if they did it something like Dota 2 and made it so you can't get dupes of the featured units until you've got all of the featured units.
Dragalia isn't like other gatchas; your summon chances for getting Marth don't decrease if there are more focus summons on banner.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
A dedicated Marth banner wouldn't help unfortunately, since his rate would still be 0.5% regardless. The odds for rate-up characters on standard banners (non-Gala) are always 1.5% (0.5% each when split three ways), with the remaining 1.5% of the 3% for a 5* split among the entire common pool.

I do wish you luck on getting that Marth, though!

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Maybe I'm forgetting something because of how much I hated Leonidas and Alex's chapter, but isn't him being called out recently been like... "you may have horribly oppressed us, tried to purge people who believed in our kingdom's religion, and tricked me into becoming a terrorist as part of that, but... you gave us hope"? Except, uh, without saying anything except the last part. That's not exactly being called out, lol.

Leonidas pushed a belief in standing up with their own strength, but then immediately bowed down to Morsayati and hoped to be helped by him, betraying all that, while still proclaiming to be following his own path. The contradictions of that were pointed out last chapter. The part about hope was because he claimed that people just saw Euden as hope and didn't bother to do anything on their own, but Alex brings up how the hope they had thanks to him (Leonidas) was the reason they actually stood up back then and that now Euden is the one actually making people move, not him.

Valyx is also evil, more or less. He's leading the empire's army because it's technically the same kingdom he was loyal to, except... it's actively murdering its civilians and destroying the world? It's not exactly like he's using his position for the good of the people who are stuck living in the kingdom or anything; he's not doing much harm mitigation, just kinda doing whatever Zethia says no matter how fucked up it is. The writers seriously seem to think he's legitimately honorable; he's not, he's just stubborn and doesn't think.

Well, so far they haven't had him directly involved with slaughtering villages and stuff. He's just participating in military campaigns. In this chapter we also got him getting Zethia to send him to protect the borders from an approaching army while she didn't seem to care about that at all. Although, yes, it's basically a way to keep him as a surface level "honorable enemy soldier" without making him outright evil (in a direct way) or make him defy the empire, which would break the concept of honorable enemy.

A dedicated Marth banner wouldn't help unfortunately, since his rate would still be 0.5% regardless. The odds for rate-up characters on standard banners (non-Gala) are always 1.5% (0.5% each when split three ways), with the remaining 1.5% of the 3% for a 5* split among the entire common pool.

I do wish you luck on getting that Marth, though!

It would help due to the pity rate. As long as they didn't throw a bunch of old characters on rate up alongside him, the pity rate would mostly raise his chances rather than a bunch of other characters alongside him... They did throw a bunch of unrelated old characters in the rate up of the last Monster Hunter banner though.

ElFly

Oct 27, 2017
last chapter was super great, but this one was very meh

I will survive with this level of writing, but goddamn, give me motherfucking leif

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
That new Female freebie character thats coming with the next part of the FE event looks like a female version of the character we got with the first part