• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
I am officially missing Galex, I guess. Definitely pulled more than I should have for a character I have too much competition for already. As always, I need to start being way more careful with my stockpile if we're going to be having collab/limited stuff more often than last year; I have gotten very loose with setting when to stop after the past few months had me getting what I wanted quickly, and that's not gonna end well for my enjoyment.

That being said: this was probably one of the better Galas for me on a practical level due to all the dragons that showed up, so it wasn't exactly a waste! Nimis and Ariel were new arrivals, and I got unbinds on various dragons - both Sirens are now 3UB, for starters - that pushed them more towards "I can throw a sunstone or 2 their way without overthinking it forever first" territory. Which means I'll probably actually use the stones instead of sitting on, like, 20 of them when I could realistically be much more powerful without actually risking not having enough later...

Even finally got to MUB Cerb after over a year. Weird to be living in a world where I have a MUB fire dragon that isn't just Prometheus (or, recently, DKR but I can't use him on most of who I play).

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I was so happy when I realized it was loading...

Glad to have an Adventure Dog; sad that he will probably no longer be a puppy when he returns...

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I guess we won't have an update preview post this month after all.

So I was going to point out that they actually explicitly said last month it would be out on the 2nd, so it's probably just a little late and would be posted within the day.

But it turns out I'd totally missed another post saying it would now be the 3rd. So it's next reset, then.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Yeah, they said it'd be on the 3rd this time around.

Pipple has set the precedent for smaller adventurers, but maybe we're gonna have a pet system. I hope we can have a pet mini-Pipple that we can run alongside Pipple.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
The Nightmare raid boss liquefies immediately under the combined assault of 4 Gleo and 4 Galex

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, they said it'd be on the 3rd this time around.

Pipple has set the precedent for smaller adventurers, but maybe we're gonna have a pet system. I hope we can have a pet mini-Pipple that we can run alongside Pipple.

I would love double Pipple but I kinda expect this'll end up being some kind of like... "send these units out to retrieve resources over a few hours" thing. We'll see, hmm.

Huh

Nice catch x2 haha

I only remembered noticing it in the last update because it was funny to me that they were explicitly avoiding announcing anything important on the 1st, hah.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
So spent the money to summon on the first of the two Gala special banners. Got Gala Ranzel lol... Also got Hawk at least. I love Joachim, but Hawk just seems to edge him out just a bit I guess.

So how does this new Dark Dagger character compare to Delphi?

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
So how does this new Dark Dagger character compare to Delphi?

Bellina actually seems to be surprisingly close to Gala Alex in DPS. Probably won't be quite on her level once we have actual numbers though. Also no poison , so her whole niche is fairly different from Delphi's. Like the recent free character, she has Dragon Drive (power up for her adventurer form rather than transformation), so no dragon tanking for her (which is probably why the new dragon Andromeda includes huge defense buffs alongside the attack buff when health goes low, something that happens automatically with them due to their skills).

Oct 26, 2017
Finally got the third weekly reward for eVolk. What a slog that fight is. One more cycle next week and I will have a MUB agito sword and be done with this fight for some time.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Bellina actually seems to be surprisingly close to Gala Alex in DPS. Probably won't be quite on her level once we have actual numbers though. Also no poison , so her whole niche is fairly different from Delphi's. Like the recent free character, she has Dragon Drive (power up for her adventurer form rather than transformation), so no dragon tanking for her (which is probably why the new dragon Andromeda includes huge defense buffs alongside the attack buff when health goes low, something that happens automatically with them due to their skills).
Ok, thanks. Think im going to hold off and save the rest of my wyrmrite until the Fire Emblem event and see what is on the second half banner. My Dark team is stacked right now. My Light team tho needs serious help. Mitsuhide is the only character ive got that I use and it seems like everyone uses her unless they have Gala Euden or Luca lol. Hope we get some new Light units quick.

Fionel

Jan 11, 2018
I just learned about cheesing High Mercury's opening blast with Hawk's S2 stun, but for some reason I can't seem to do it - my S2 can only poison HM and doesn't seem to inflict stun no matter how many times I tried. My Hawk is at MS69 so his S2 is at level 3 already. What am I possibly missing?

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
I know it's not exactly a bold prediction, but I'm glad I guessed right with Sharena being the freebie, and she'll obviously be a lance unit unless they throw a massive curve ball at us.

As of now I'm tentatively predicting Ike (sword), Ylgr (Dagger), and Lyn (Bow) as the other featured adventurers. With evidence that the current Syndicate event was most likely planned far in advance, I have some serious doubts that Three Houses characters will be featured since for all we know this 2nd FE crossover could've been planned well ahead of Three Houses' release. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

OtterMatic

Oct 25, 2017
I just learned about cheesing High Mercury's opening blast with Hawk's S2 stun, but for some reason I can't seem to do it - my S2 can only poison HM and doesn't seem to inflict stun no matter how many times I tried. My Hawk is at MS69 so his S2 is at level 3 already. What am I possibly missing?
Are you fighting eHMC? You can't stun eHMC

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I know it's not exactly a bold prediction, but I'm glad I guessed right with Sharena being the freebie, and she'll obviously be a lance unit unless they throw a massive curve ball at us.

As of now I'm tentatively predicting Ike (sword), Ylgr (Dagger), and Lyn (Bow) as the other featured adventurers. With evidence that the current Syndicate event was most likely planned far in advance, I have some serious doubts that Three Houses characters will be featured since for all we know this 2nd FE crossover could've been planned well ahead of Three Houses' release. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Ugh, give me the 3 Houses characters or bust, imo. That is literally all I care about beyond the weak ability to recognize some original game and Awakening characters. Do the boy Lords part 1, Edie part 2, it's right there.

At least last time I could look at Marth and go "it's Marth" and laugh. If your predictions are right... my feelings towards Ike are even vaguer and Lyn's even worse. I don't even know who Ylgr is.

goes without saying I'd care more if they just dropped the "H" and crossed over directly with the game that came out in the past year, mhmm

Vilifier

Oct 25, 2017
Dragalia Lost | This Month In Dragalia Lost
  • 2 more event types that will be alternating monthly
    • Defensive battles which have been adjusted to be soloable
    • The other let's you "take on large amounts of enemies"
  • More team slots because of co-abilities
  • 6T2 weapons from Master Agito incoming
  • New Chimera during FEH event
  • New Agito this month
More team slots will be greatly appreciated. I wonder what the second event type will be like. Don't we already take on large amounts of enemies with the wave style events?

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017

I would assume we would get either Eir or the new Fairy character from book 4 before Ylgr.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017

I don't think the event would be that dated. The first one happened during the beginning of Heroes' Book 3 and at least had Fjorm from Heroes' Book 2. The Syndicate event seems to have been held back for a long time for some reason and has some oddities due to that, like how Andromeda the dragon acts like a defenseless girl in the event story and Aldred although having a dragon form hyped by the event in the gameplay uses a different power up (which only gets heavily featured in Bellina's story scenes, not the event's or his own).

Eir, Peony(depending on the timing of production) or even Loki seem more likely rather than Ylgr to me. As far as Ike and Lyn go, I guess it depends on whether Heroes is really lending their most popular characters. They might be old news, but Heroes did just use them for their first paid skins. I agree on the distribution though (one more Heroes character and then two FE characters).

I think we aren't getting Three Houses characters though. The first collab had 3 Heroes characters, and only one of those got to near the top of a Choose Your Heroes (Veronica in 2nd place), alongside Marth, who is an iconic character and generally does well in the CYHs, but never gets to the top. I doubt they'd just throw in the characters who just got chosen as the most popular FE characters... On the other hand, I guess the characters likely would have been chosen before the results of that poll... so maybe this last paragraph is completely wrong.

Last edited:

Parshias

Oct 25, 2017
I think there's a very strong possibility one of the non-Heroes FE units we'll get in part 2 will be Tiki. It is Fire Emblem's 30th Anniversary and Tiki is right up there with Marth in crossover appeal for the series. Plus we've gotten plenty of alternate dragon forms (and alternate combo strings, since Tiki doesn't exactly fit into a standard DL weapon type) that would be able to accommodate a Manakete.

We're probably getting the Water Agito this month for Wind characters to fight against. There was some speculation on whether the Sylvan Agito was Water or Shadow, but her background being blue in the news post points to Water. (Shadow would be purple) We could certainly get the Fire Agito twins first, but since we've got more Wind Mana Spirals than Water and since the Sylvan is always shown off first I think she's coming this month. Prepare your Hawks.

Whatever the new many enemy event type is might be setting itself up as an eventual replacement for facility events, which are similar with their Challenge battles. I feel like there will only be so many more new facility events since the more there are the more they have to make sure to put in the Event Compendium so that new players aren't left behind. I think we'll get two event facilities of each element (so we need a second for Fire, Wind, Shadow) and then two more weapon-boosting ones to cover the four remaining weapons and then the event type will essentially be retired. I don't think the devs want a situation where a couple years from now a new player has to catch up and upgrade 5+ light event facilities.

It will be interesting to see what the unique event rewards will look like for the new event types. Raid events give us a character and a dragon. (and a crappy wyrmprint) Facility events give us a decent wyrmprint and a facility. What will the new events bring?

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Hard to say who the other crossover characters will be.

I assume they'll mostly be major characters from heroes again with 1 main franchise character.

The major main characters from fates not including the one off book villains are

Alfonse, Sharena, Anna, Fjorm, Eir, Peony, Veronica, Bruno, Loki.
Obviously we got Alfonse/Fjorm/Veronica last time, with Marth from the main series.
Sharena is the free unit this time, presumably Lance(/Light?).
Anna probably won't make the cut.

I would therefore guess that if we get the same number of units, they would be Eir as a light dagger, Bruno as ... wand? and maybe Loki as a healer of some form.

If there's another unit from mainFE, well, they just went with Lyn and Ike as the lead units to push FE pass, I'm not sure of the elements they'd choose. Lyn would presumably be wind, but her most likely elements (Wind katana and wind bow) are both pretty well served. Not sure another Fire sword option for ike would be ideal either, since marth already got that niche covered. Maybe go brave ike or just have him use Ragnell like an axe instead.

Tiki is probably in with a shot as the prototypical manakete for the franchise. Another fire unit with a dragon gimmick would be a bit of waste thought, maybe should could be light instead.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Tiki is probably in with a shot as the prototypical manakete for the franchise. Another fire unit with a dragon gimmick would be a bit of waste thought, maybe should could be light instead.
Divine Dragons use a "Mist Breath" so Tiki likely would be water or wind (Legendary Tiki has an Earth blessing in Heroes).

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Divine Dragons use a "Mist Breath" so Tiki likely would be water or wind (Legendary Tiki has an Earth blessing in Heroes).

My thought was light because the most common adult tiki is one of the two units where Lightning breath comes from in heroes, but yeah, they probably have a fair range of options. And she got breath of fog eventually too.

OtterMatic

Oct 25, 2017
As much as I want FE3H characters to be featured, I really don't want Byleth.

Personally I would like Lucina be the non FEH unit.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
I want the Fire Emblem Fates characters, but im expecting someone from Three Houses.

Vilifier

Oct 25, 2017
If FE3H characters are included in the second banner; then I'll need to pull. Otherwise, I already have Marth and I'm not really attached to any other Fire Emblem characters.

Everyone saying Sharena is likely to be a Light Lance buff bot is making me concerned she'll take away from Ryozen's God Tier ascension once he gets his 70MC.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't know you could still get wyrmite from the event compendium if you had previously cleared them :O Time to get my mite back

All the rewards and shops are there untouched as if they're a rerun, yeah. So it's worth digging into them casually for the wyrmite and testaments and such.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
I don't think we'll get heavy Three Houses rep, since Three Houses has enough characters to supply a collab all by itself, with the freebie being Byleth and the three lords being gacha (and maybe the other Byleth for a total of 4). We got two FEH and one main series rep for the first collab, so I think it will be something like Loki, some 2nd FEH-original, and Tiki or Lyn.

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
Ugh, give me the 3 Houses characters or bust, imo. That is literally all I care about beyond the weak ability to recognize some original game and Awakening characters. Do the boy Lords part 1, Edie part 2, it's right there.

At least last time I could look at Marth and go "it's Marth" and laugh. If your predictions are right... my feelings towards Ike are even vaguer and Lyn's even worse. I don't even know who Ylgr is.

goes without saying I'd care more if they just dropped the "H" and crossed over directly with the game that came out in the past year, mhmm

Yeah, I wouldn't get your hopes up, but I have a feeling that part 2 was planned out at the same time part 1 was.

Ike is arguably the most popular male character in the entire series, but it made sense for Marth to get his turn first since he's the de facto FE "mascot". Ylgr is Fjorm's younger sister and is chummy with Sharena (though who isnt?) so I could see an overarching "family bond" thing going on since Alfonse and Sharena will be reunited too. And I know Lyn is typically a sword-wielder but if she gets repped I could see them giving her a bow like three of her alts in Heroes (oddly enough only her original version wields a sword, with her alts having bows, a staff, and a tome, lol).
I would assume we would get either Eir or the new Fairy character from book 4 before Ylgr.
Personally, I just can't see Eir without her pegasus, and a faerie-type character like Peony becoming playable before Notte. But that's just me.
I don't think the event would be that dated. The first one happened during the beginning of Heroes' Book 3 and at least had Fjorm from Heroes' Book 2. The Syndicate event seems to have been held back for a long time for some reason and has some oddities due to that, like how Andromeda the dragon acts like a defenseless girl in the event story and Aldred although having a dragon form hyped by the event in the gameplay uses a different power up (which only gets heavily featured in Bellina's story scenes, not the event's or his own).

Eir, Peony(depending on the timing of production) or even Loki seem more likely rather than Ylgr to me. As far as Ike and Lyn go, I guess it depends on whether Heroes is really lending their most popular characters. They might be old news, but Heroes did just use them for their first paid skins. I agree on the distribution though (one more Heroes character and then two FE characters).

I think we aren't getting Three Houses characters though. The first collab had 3 Heroes characters, and only one of those got to near the top of a Choose Your Heroes (Veronica in 2nd place), alongside Marth, who is an iconic character and generally does well in the CYHs, but never gets to the top. I doubt they'd just throw in the characters who just got chosen as the most popular FE characters... On the other hand, I guess the characters likely would have been chosen before the results of that poll... so maybe this last paragraph is completely wrong.

Will be highly interesting to see just who they make summonable since that could give us an indication of when this new FE event was finalized. Maybe this Syndicate event is just skewing my predictions because of how strangely anachronistic it is.

I addressed Eir and Peony above, and as far as Loki goes it's a no-brainer money-maker "cuz b00bz" but it's very untypical of them to make genuine villains playable. I guess the closest counterpoint to that would be Akasha, so it's not without precedence, I suppose.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
...shit, even though someone in my alliance talked about them doing it all immediately, I totally failed to check what the Champion's Road endeavors required.

Gotta do a ton of fire ruins + fire IO still and now 3x is already over for them, noooo. I thought it wasn't any specific element for some reason. Not like it even matters much currently, but the feeling of needlessly losing out on extra resources sucks regardless!

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
...shit, even though someone in my alliance talked about them doing it all immediately, I totally failed to check what the Champion's Road endeavors required.

Gotta do a ton of fire ruins + fire IO still and now 3x is already over for them, noooo. I thought it wasn't any specific element for some reason. Not like it even matters much currently, but the feeling of needlessly losing out on extra resources sucks regardless!

I sold two of the HMS prints they gave us and forgot that we needed to MUB and max-level it to fulfill one of the endeavors, so I then had to wastefully buy two additional copies from the Treasure Trade. Not a big deal, but it still irks me. You're not the only one to fulfill these endeavors sub-optimally. lol

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Decided to see how bad pubs are assuming you don't have an Agito weapon by queuing as my Mini Zodi Cleo with a 0UB T2 Chimera weapon (a MUB 4-star Juggernaut will outdo the limited facility buffs I have), and I was able to still get pub clears relatively easily aside from some suicidal Belina's who proactively go to red health after I heal then die soon after.

Using Chimeratech is definitely harder since your timings are more strict, so you need to save heals, while with Agito you get a ton of leeway. Still doable though, and is probably the easiest way to get into expert Kai regardless on your roster situation since dragons are less important for healers and Cleo is a story adventurer.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
The champions road endeavours really lit a fire under me.
I had been avoiding the advanced trials other than High Midgarsormr so when this endeavour came out to beat Volk I attempted it and won, got my 6* weapon for Mym and started working on mana circles which prompted me to do some of the other high dragon trials for the materials, and the fafnir medals helped too.
Then I started autoing the expert chimera fights too!
Finally hit 30,000 might with a team

Mr. Virus

Oct 27, 2017
Decided to see how bad pubs are assuming you don't have an Agito weapon by queuing as my Mini Zodi Cleo with a 0UB T2 Chimera weapon (a MUB 4-star Juggernaut will outdo the limited facility buffs I have), and I was able to still get pub clears relatively easily aside from some suicidal Belina's who proactively go to red health after I heal then die soon after.

Using Chimeratech is definitely harder since your timings are more strict, so you need to save heals, while with Agito you get a ton of leeway. Still doable though, and is probably the easiest way to get into expert Kai regardless on your roster situation since dragons are less important for healers and Cleo is a story adventurer.

Bellina going under 30% health is part of her kit though right? Doesn't really mesh well with eKY or eHJP because uh... y'all need a healer there.

Parshias

Oct 25, 2017
This morning I swapped the wind blade I made for Victor all those months ago over to Tobias to go for my second-ever mHMC clear. I had gotten enough horns on my first clear to make a T2 weapon (which I have actually been sitting on all this time as I haven't had an immediate need for a Water T2 weapon) so I had been ignoring it since. It took a couple of tries, but I was able to get a clear using the new-ish Hawk cheese strat.

That means that today, after six long months, I finally have a deathless clear on all the mHDTs. That 10 wyrmite that eluded me so long ago is mine at last. I have those three glorious golden fleur de lis and the oh so gratifying 'Complete' over every single available quest in the game.

I've been a little bored of late without any sort of long-term grind or goal to work towards, set off by how easy eKai ended up being. But the changes to make HDT drops standardized has convinced me to make my new goal to craft every single T2 HDT weapon in the game. (and also the Agito weapons, but those are easier) With the double chest bonus up, you get 14 horns for each weekly mHDT clear. That means it would take six weeks to get enough horns to make all eight T2 weapons for an element with weeklies alone. That's honestly not that bad, and mHDTs are much more manageable these days thanks to the general powercreep.

I've started focusing on mHDTs where I can use Agito weapons since I figure those have been powercrept the most. I'll soon have a MUB Agito staff for H!Lowen to help expand my options for mHMS as I work on that one first. I haven't attempted it just yet, but all the videos of clears out there suggest to me that I ought to be able to just straight up solo mHJP with my current Shadow roster, so I'll be giving that a shot once all the triple drop events run their course.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Bellina going under 30% health is part of her kit though right? Doesn't really mesh well with eKY or eHJP because uh... y'all need a healer there.

You can beat eKai without ever taking damage. eHJP... may be trickier, but with the co-ability change and Andromeda, maybe that's enough? It's only like one spark you'd probably need to take after the opening, I think...