• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
Templar Hope?! Huh.

I'm convinced that when/if Renelle finally gets her alt, it'll be the exact same way Hope just got his: One of the least popular adventurers getting a random surprise 4-star promotion as a footnote sharing a showcase with two other 5-stars that overshadow them. They'll spring it on me when I least expect it and send me into cardiac arrest.

But then you also have mind-boggling picks like Zardin and Malora getting center-stage showcases as 5-star alts, so who the hell knows how Cygames decides these things. They're just too damn unpredictable.

Sakrey

Oct 27, 2017
Chasing T!Hope using singe tickets. After 38 summons, I ended up with 2 Ariel (new), Tobias (new), Hildegarde (new) and every 4* adventurers under the sun except the one I'm looking for.
I'm thankful, but I think the game is legit sentient and it's trying to troll me.

Fionel

Jan 11, 2018
At least you got 2 Ariels. I would have been happy with one after using all of my 43 tickets and 50 multis.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
At least you got 2 Ariels. I would have been happy with one after using all of my 43 tickets and 50 multis.
Wait, that can't be right. There's no way you're cursed enough to do 500 pulls (+43 with your tickets) without a single Ariel. Please tell me the Universe doesn't hate you that much.

Fionel

Jan 11, 2018
sorry, I meant 5 multis. I guess the fact that multi gacha games giving me garbage even after spending everything I have did a number on my cognitive abilities.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
That's better, lol. My condolences regardless, but at least these characters aren't limited so they can always spook you later (or Dream Summon them)!

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
System question for anyone:

For the past few weeks or more, I can't clear the cache on the app (help -- clear cache on main screen). It's just greyed out. Any thoughts? I usually like to delete old cutscenes/voices just to free up space. iOS 13

Vilifier

Oct 25, 2017
So G!Ranzal has to have a Mana Spiral update soon, right?

T!Hope being a wind Sword unit, the first non-Limited double-resistant Adventurer and being an Odd Sparrows enabler has really diminished any value G!Ranzal had left.

Glad Hope is on his way to becoming a 5* Paladin.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Are the new units in this banner limited? Like the 2 new 5 Star Water units last unit werent right?

I also just discovered last night that you can add more workers to your Castle lol. Ive been only using 2 and just upgraded the Castle to level 10.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Are the new units in this banner limited? Like the 2 new 5 Star Water units last unit werent right?

I also just discovered last night that you can add more workers to your Castle lol. Ive been only using 2 and just upgraded the Castle to level 10.

Nope, they're permanent. Only complication is they're not included in the second banner that's running at the same time, but they'll be in all future banners.

Going by last year, the only limiteds we'd see between now and Halloween would be a collab or the NY banner rerunning. I kinda expect that to change, but that's the precedent we have so far.

Parshias

Oct 25, 2017
I got impatient and decided to summon on the current banner, since Tobias looks so cool in action. Got some dragon dupes to go towards unbinds. Eventually built up to an 8% or 8.5% pity rate, which usually lets me down by giving me a single 5* but this time...

p81lEK0.png

That would be my third Ariel from the summoning session, too. Zephyr was useless to me, but getting four 5*s in a single ten pull is pretty nice. Especially considering the only other time that's happened to me was way back when wyrmprints were still in the summoning pool and my four 5*s turned out to be three terrible prints and an adventurer dupe.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
I beat eHMC for the first time thanks to Lin You. Also I realized that I don't have to replace HMelody since her Co Ability is great for Lin You.

Parshias

Oct 25, 2017
The main page hasn't updated, but the new stuff is in the Custom Build of the DPS Simulator if anyone wants to play around with it.

It seems like Noelle+Ariel is a good combo if there's a healer in the team, (so for a potential Agito fight) where you'd run Candy Couriers for a bit of personal DPS to outdo Freyja. Freyja wins out still if Team DPS is high.

Tobias appears to just blow Noelle out of the water, though. He absolutely does prefer Ariel over Freyja. High Team DPS makes Tobias get more overall DPS than a solo Gleo, which is pretty nuts.

EDIT: The Gleo comparison might be bugged or something. The Custom Build has a Gleo with The Fires of Hate and poison support doing less damage than one with normal prints, which seems odd. So Tobias isn't quite on Gleo's level, but he's still king in wind.

Last edited:

Cyclonesweep

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
The main page hasn't updated, but the new stuff is in the Custom Build of the DPS Simulator if anyone wants to play around with it.

It seems like Noelle+Ariel is a good combo if there's a healer in the team, (so for a potential Agito fight) where you'd run Candy Couriers for a bit of personal DPS to outdo Freyja. Freyja wins out still if Team DPS is high.

Tobias appears to just blow Noelle out of the water, though. He absolutely does prefer Ariel over Freyja. High Team DPS makes Tobias get more overall DPS than a solo Gleo, which is pretty nuts.

EDIT: The Gleo comparison might be bugged or something. The Custom Build has a Gleo with The Fires of Hate and poison support doing less damage than one with normal prints, which seems odd. So Tobias isn't quite on Gleo's level, but he's still king in wind.
In your opinion who would be the best 3 wins users to pair up with him?

Also what prints you using with him?

Parshias

Oct 25, 2017
In your opinion who would be the best 3 wins users to pair up with him?

Also what prints you using with him?

I haven't really taken him for a spin in endgame yet myself, just toyed around in the DPS Sim for the moment.

I haven't checked too many combos, but it looks like United by One Vision + A Dog's Day is a very good print combo for him. Replace UbOV with Jewels of the Sun if you weren't around for the anniversary.

For teammates just pair him up with strong wind characters to buff. I don't know how he handles as an AI unit. I worry the AI would make him swap in and out of his S2 stance a bunch.

Vilifier

Oct 25, 2017
System question for anyone:

For the past few weeks or more, I can't clear the cache on the app (help -- clear cache on main screen). It's just greyed out. Any thoughts? I usually like to delete old cutscenes/voices just to free up space. iOS 13
Just tried it on my iPhone SE | iOS 13.3.1 and it worked. I tried again after I saw the "Cache Cleared" screen and it was greyed out. The game also wants me to redownload 4.23GB or 3.78GB without voices.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Just tried it on my iPhone SE | iOS 13.3.1 and it worked. I tried again after I saw the "Cache Cleared" screen and it was greyed out. The game also wants me to redownload 4.23GB or 3.78GB without voices.
Yea thats what I had to do when I cleared my cache. It basically deleted everything besides the initail install.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
I think the most consistent eKai solo I can do on my F2P NOTTE account is Cleo/Botan/Alex/Ranzal. Ranzal's Def co-ability helps so no one dies to the stacking, which tended to happen if I put another big DPS or buffer like Su Fang or Eli in the 4th slot. Plus Ranzal's team shield helps prevent them from getting hit by some stray attacks so they avoid blind/paralysis. I average about 3 minute clears with the comp. Euden/Audric seemed bad because the AI just can't handle the fight; I imagine they kept getting animation-locked into the jump of the sword attack string so they constantly got hit, while I need to control Cleo since the AI wastes the dispel. I finished my shadow tree, just need to grind enough to MUB Alex and Audric's weapons, then I won't really need to grind him anymore until we get more welfare/story shadow adventurers.

Smiley90

Oct 25, 2017
So Tobias got simmed and he's literally the second highest DPS in the game after Gleo now. His Buff is by FAR the strongest buff in the game.

To put it into context, just his buff alone, nothing else from his skillset, would be the 8th highest DPS in the game.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
...huh. It looks like they don't even have him using his S2, either? So the stance stuff doesn't even matter for that? Wow.

EDIT:

me, a fool: well, Hawk probably won't be used for mHMC due to wasting stun

reality: meta for mHMC is now 2 Hawks + Tobias + a ranged bait who can also be Hawk

I guess I can still make my wind HD2 a blade (or save the horns), since I'll likely dream summon Tobias unless someone even more powerful shows up (and regardless a wind blade will likely be Agito-viable after Spirals), and I don't need to farm mHMC that soon now that Pipple made the HD2 wand more ok vs enhancing Sarisse's bow...

Kinda makes me have even less goals for farming rn, though, unfortunately. Kinda tempted to make Hawk an HD1 bow but I already have both the sword and blade at MUB and I don't really want to farm even more HMS. I guess I should make some plan for actually farming more 6* dark weapons and then start making some more light HDs or something.

Last edited:

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
After seeing how powerful they made Tobias (a non-limited character), I have full confidence that this month's gala character (for the 1.5 anniversary) will be absolutely busted.

stalfos

Oct 27, 2017
My understanding is that tobias has better s1 uptime if you ignore s2 entirely and just do normal blade combo. s2 then is just for iframes and applying poison, since the damage mod on the attack part of s2 is absolute garbage (8 hits of 13%........)

Oct 27, 2017
GA, USA
Since Tobias and Ariel sound so good I decided to make a few pulls despite deciding to horde my resources for limited banners. I did summon a five star blade, but instead of Tobias, it was last banner's Valerio. Well now I just feel perfectly justified in my hopes that non-limited summons will show up well enough for when I do summon so as to skip their banners.
Also, that's some good luck with bad timing, as Valerio pushes my auto water team to be Chimera-capable just in time to wait a week.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Two hour maintenance starting in less than an hour. Burn that stamina/getherwings!

ElFly

Oct 27, 2017
did both Omegas

it was easy...after Lin You's mana circle and bringing Patia + 3 Odd Sparrows. Welly and Lowen completed the team

more skilled people can probably bring less stacked teams

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Spent some Diamantium to get a ten fold and got Xander and Mikoto, then I used a single ticket and got Tobais! Now I just need some Golden Tickets lol.

How is Xander these days? My Water team atm looks like Gala Eli, Celliera, Pipple, and Jiang Ziya. Shold I replace Celliera with Xander?

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Spent some Diamantium to get a ten fold and got Xander and Mikoto, then I used a single ticket and got Tobais! Now I just need some Golden Tickets lol.

How is Xander these days? My Water team atm looks like Gala Eli, Celliera, Pipple, and Jiang Ziya. Shold I replace Celliera with Xander?

Sorta depends on the content; Xander is one of the best early water units, but currently I'd say he's mostly good for facility events where you can make focus on using Striker's Strength to buff him (but that also risks wasting Gelly's buff on him). Celliera is probably better for general use, but she will also waste any chance to bog on break if you're depending on that, so keep that in mind. For that reason, I guess I'd still recommend Xander for Void Agni as well.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Sorta depends on the content; Xander is one of the best early water units, but currently I'd say he's mostly good for facility events where you can make focus on using Striker's Strength to buff him (but that also risks wasting Gelly's buff on him). Celliera is probably better for general use, but she will also waste any chance to bog on break if you're depending on that, so keep that in mind. For that reason, I guess I'd still recommend Xander for Void Agni as well.
Ok thanks. Im looking to round out my team because it feels pretty weak atm, but im still working on getting my castle facilities upgraded.

Pygrus

Oct 27, 2017
finally tried to do standard eHJP and got it done. Now my delphi is finally maxed and I should be able to get eHZD done later this week also.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Even if they raise it to 40, I wonder how significant of a cost that would actually be? Like didn't really scale up the costs much when they added 31-35, and with the drops improved even more + frequent 2x, that's probably not that bad?

Like I'd definitely have to do tons of farming using honey again, so I'm underestimating it a bit. But it probably wouldn't be the constant grind it used to be since even my dailies/events/Astral-based stockpile is pretty decent without even trying to prepare. And insignias won't be the bottleneck, so farming could be done during any 2x, hmm. Maybe I'll take a look at my rusty old abandoned spreadsheet, and see what it'd likely take...

Last edited:

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
What...what if further upgrades would require Champion Testaments. Think about that as it keeps you up at night.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Wait, for the 1.5 Anniversary are all they doing is giving out 7 skip tickets? Or are they counting down to the anniversary?

Josh378

Oct 27, 2017
Ugh, this gacha game...needed new male wind character...ended up with 3x Ariels.

Always pulling up what I'm strong in (need characters...get Dragons...vice versa on each event).

Live and let eat I guess.

Otter

Oct 27, 2017
Ugh, this gacha game...needed new male wind character...ended up with 3x Ariels.

Always pulling up what I'm strong in (need characters...get Dragons...vice versa on each event).

Live and let eat I guess.
Same here, I used up way more of my wyrmite stash than I meant to trying for Tobias, but came out with an almost MUB Ariel and no Tobias. Ah well, at least he's not limited I guess.

Josh378

Oct 27, 2017
Same here, I used up way more of my wyrmite stash than I meant to trying for Tobias, but came out with an almost MUB Ariel and no Tobias. Ah well, at least he's not limited I guess.

Well hopefully I get him randomly in another event. And good notes I did finally get Lea just for her story. if you play this game enough eventually you'll run into your character you want, even though it may take a year to finally get them and they're useless when you do get them because there's already a better character to replace them.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Or you could pay $12-$15 for them only to never really use them before they're quickly replaced anyway.

It's a good thing I like Noelle...

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
No, my point was just that I bought Maribelle soon before Noelle came out, hah.

relevantly for HMC meta changes, I did buy Victor at one point too, but at least I've gotten a decent amount of use out of him

Oct 30, 2017
Your Imagination
My Wind team is Victor, W!Eli, Mari and Noelle, I've had zero issues with this setup for a good long while now - if I can't get Tobias via single tickets/daily pulls, I'm not going to stress too much about it - I'd rather save my reserves for 1.5year goodies.