• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Vilifier

Oct 25, 2017
Any recommendations for Auto Ebon Chimera?

I've been running Rawn as lead with Julietta/Annelie/Felicia using Chimera Bane weapons with moderate success, but it's not 100% reliable. I've tried subbing in H!Lowen, Luca, Ryozen w/ full Odd Sparrows set and DY!Malora and the results of each substitute were worse.

Edit: Augmenting Rawn seems to have improved his ability to break the weak point in time. Maybe I'll just stick with this setup.

Last edited:

Parshias

Oct 25, 2017
The new chapter was nice. I liked all the extra art they added for the story scenes.

Press F to pay respects to Laranoa. She died as she lived... not really doing anything of particular note.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I wish more people would craft the bane weapons for Chimera. It's not like it's difficult to do, and speeds up the run so much.

Silent

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Whoa, it totally flew over my head that the new Void is THE Chimera for dark Chimeratech weapons. This whole time I kinda brushed it off because I confused it with Manticore. Well time to grind phantom. Hopefully I am able to build a strong enough team to auto it, but I doubt it.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
So which group do we think will get 70 MC next? Im guessing Wind since they are giving out the orbs already.

No chance in hell that it'll be wind next, imo. The event's free orbs, assuming that's what you mean, are just to match Valentine's Melody's element.

It'll likely be Water -> Light -> Wind. Otherwise Light -> Water -> Wind. Wind actually has a ton of super strong permanent units (including several that are barely a month old) so there's no reason to buff them so soon. If you look at the sim, a lot of weak wind units are actually stronger than what you'd consider strong water units.

Last edited:

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
The next Gala character is definitely Alex, unless the mini story they release next month does a heel-turn for Leonidas and it ends up being him. It looks like both himself and Euden might team up against Valyx, so it might fit. If it is Alex, please somehow make her a water blade. I don't care that she's an assassin and would likely suit the shadow element better, make her a water blade. Bend her backstory, I don't care.

I also had to laugh at Laxi getting one line of dialogue in Chapter 12 before disappearing again. Also, when Euden offered his life up in return for freeing Zethia from her throne, and no one in the main party protested. You would have expected AT LEAST Mym to say something. Also, I was really hoping we'd learn what it was that Elisanne discovered in the previous mini story, but that might come into play in Chapter 13 (likely tied with the missing heir).

Overall, I enjoyed it though.

OtterMatic

Oct 25, 2017
Thinking about buying the dream summon. I can pick between:
Naveed, Ramona, Chelsea, S!Celliera, Jiang Ziya, W!Aoi, Lin You, Louise, B!Zardin, Annelie, Nefaria.
I feel like I should pick either the fire or water units, but considering how many fire units I have, maybe I should go for S!Celliera or Jiang Ziya.

It makes the most sense to pick Jiang Ziya since I still use HaLowen if I need a healer in my water team. But Jiang Ziya has very little use outside of HBH right now, and since I can do eVolk anyway, there is little point to fight HBH anymore.

I agree that next Gala unit will be Alex. I like this chapter overall and hope they can keep up the quality with the two month release from now on.

SiG

Oct 25, 2017
image0.png

Is he any good?

Xavi

Oct 27, 2017
Lightning for Smash
Thinking about buying the dream summon. I can pick between:
Naveed, Ramona, Chelsea, S!Celliera, Jiang Ziya, W!Aoi, Lin You, Louise, B!Zardin, Annelie, Nefaria.
I feel like I should pick either the fire or water units, but considering how many fire units I have, maybe I should go for S!Celliera or Jiang Ziya.

It makes the most sense to pick Jiang Ziya since I still use HaLowen if I need a healer in my water team. But Jiang Ziya has very little use outside of HBH right now, and since I can do eVolk anyway, there is little point to fight HBH anymore.

I agree that next Gala unit will be Alex. I like this chapter overall and hope they can keep up the quality with the two month release from now on.
Looking at those units I don't think it is worth it for you.

Sakrey

Oct 27, 2017
Oh great, I'm stuck with infinite searching screen when I try to do Quick Play... And I can't make it work right, despite trying multiple things.
Sadly before knowing that, I've spent some ashes and now I'm losing on that sweet natural getherwings regen ;_;

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I'm pretty sure Volk's announcement had similar wording, actually? It doesn't mean they're actually coming anytime soon, just that we can expect something eventually. Probably once all of them are out, like with high dragons getting expert + master, I assume.

EDIT: Yup, it did.

Last edited:

OtterMatic

Oct 25, 2017
Looking at those units I don't think it is worth it for you.
I am gonna keep the summon voucher for future showcase, so the pick your own unit is just extra for me. At this point, it is just filling out the remaining, but I still wanna pick something useful.

shadow weapon. I guess I will make one for Ieyasu first

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
The Agito designs so far have been really great, I love it. But then, I love the Dragalia Lost art as a whole so this isn't too surprising.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
In my timezone, Mana Spirals last month were announced Jan. 22nd and implemented on Jan. 23rd outside of Delphi who was implemented on the 29th. I hope we get a similar time frame this month, which would mean having them announced next reset.

Pygrus

Oct 27, 2017
I want to dream summon, but I have no idea who to even go for.

Also, I'm guessing Alex is going to be the next gala unit?

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Alex seems the most likely to me.

Dragalia Life was updated, featuring Gloom Drake, Silke, Hikage, and a Euden cameo.
6000de26083ed3094aa16007a115f1c5.png

abellwillring

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
They're giving out all these coins but I can't spend it! I have like 47 million gold. It takes so much time to get items to upgrade weapons that I'll never have a chance to spend anything close to even half of it.. let us buy more stuff with in-game currency and then it will actually have some use.

I've till never been able to beat an Advanced Dragon trial so I haven't seen any of the Agito stuff, lol.

Oct 30, 2017
Your Imagination
They're giving out all these coins but I can't spend it! I have like 47 million gold. It takes so much time to get items to upgrade weapons that I'll never have a chance to spend anything close to even half of it.. let us buy more stuff with in-game currency and then it will actually have some use.

I've till never been able to beat an Advanced Dragon trial so I haven't seen any of the Agito stuff, lol.
Am at 80million now - I could start making Chimera weapons but the Alliance I'm in coupled with the characters/loadouts I currently have means I'd be crafting for crafting's sake. I don't wanna waste time on that - so I'm just using my money on moving augs around as and when I need to.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Eh, we briefly had that "use" for gold pre-Augment change by having a pretty sparse amount of total Augments and folks regularly swapping them to tackle various endgame content since we couldn't grind them. It was panned pretty universally which is why we now have our current systems. I'm content with where things are at nowadays on that front, since we're likely just going to get complaints in the other direction again if we get more gold sinks.

Smiley90

Oct 25, 2017
what is this "abundance of money", I'm constantly broke because of phantom, chimera and HD weapon crafting...

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
December had Mana Spirals announced on Wednesday the 25th, while January had it announced on Wednesday the 22nd. I hope it's announced on Wednesday the 26th this February or else there's not much of a pattern, and we're just left to guess when they're coming each reset towards the end of the month, which would be a tad irritating.

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
They've been talking about optimizing to reduce the game size for a few months now. Maybe they'll come up with something soon.

I see, I thought that already happened but if they can get it down a bit more I would be happy. I don't mind dedicating the space to the game as it's the only mobile game I really play, daily at that but with 6.something GB total it's easily the single biggest app on my devices.

ElFly

Oct 27, 2017
Any recommendations for Auto Ebon Chimera?

I've been running Rawn as lead with Julietta/Annelie/Felicia using Chimera Bane weapons with moderate success, but it's not 100% reliable. I've tried subbing in H!Lowen, Luca, Ryozen w/ full Odd Sparrows set and DY!Malora and the results of each substitute were worse.

Edit: Augmenting Rawn seems to have improved his ability to break the weak point in time. Maybe I'll just stick with this setup.

photo-2020-02-22-11-37-34.jpg

ebon chimera team

basically abusing paralysis punisher. some cards to avoid blindness, and felicia to cure poison

I think I've seen it die a couple of times out of dozens of tries so it's ok. Will be better once I can mub their weapons

may switch cleo or yachiyo for d! malora, tho right now it's a great team

Malora caveat: before this I had an iteration that was H!Elly, Yachiyo, Julietta,Hildegarde. It worked okaish, but died a lot. then I subbed Julietta for D! Malora and...the team died every time??

D!Malora is not a sure thing

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Same, I'm legit questioning if the drops are lower than volcanic chimera
So it's not just me then.

Granted it could all be RNG, but I definitely seem to be having less luck with drops this time. At least there's nothing really worth spending my stamina on right now, so all of it can go to this during the 2x drop rate. Speaking of, still no Squishum. :(

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
My Botan on my F2P NOTTE account is now 8.3K Might with 4K Strength. Once we learn who's getting the 70 MC's I'll give a fair shake to HJP to get the orbs for 70 MC-ing others like Cleo and maybe Alex.

Vilifier

Oct 25, 2017
photo-2020-02-22-11-37-34.jpg

ebon chimera team

basically abusing paralysis punisher. some cards to avoid blindness, and felicia to cure poison

I think I've seen it die a couple of times out of dozens of tries so it's ok. Will be better once I can mub their weapons

may switch cleo or yachiyo for d! malora, tho right now it's a great team

Malora caveat: before this I had an iteration that was H!Elly, Yachiyo, Julietta,Hildegarde. It worked okaish, but died a lot. then I subbed Julietta for D! Malora and...the team died every time??

D!Malora is not a sure thing
Blind Affliction has been the real auto killer. I wanted to stay with a full Poison Resistance team but it just wasn't reliable. I'm now running Rawn/DY!Malora/MH!Vanessa/S!Verica.

This team comp has reduced my runs by a minute. Bow as a lead has helped the team focus on the Weak Point when it's available. I've tried running Rawn with A Solitary Light before using Jewel of the Sun, but ASL wasn't fully preventing Blind.

MH!Vanessa AI will constantly Force Strike while Ebon Chimera is in Overdrive so Lurker in the Woods has been great on her. DY!Malora's Defense Down seems to be synergizing with this; not sure why the team kept dying before with her.

I replaced Felicia with S!Verica because of Blind Resistance. Felicia needs 70MC; it's a crime that she isn't more usable.

As for the Dark CT2 in general, they don't seem to be having the same impact that the Fire CT2 did with HMS. If anything, it seems like HJP PUBs are more cranky because they can't easily might limit their rooms.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
I'd like it if we get another mini-raid re-run at the end of the month like we did in December, with a buff to a welfare adventurer.

Smiley90

Oct 25, 2017
Do we have an idea of which resistances will be most useful for Light Agito/which units will be best to craft weapons for?

I don't have Gleo so the obvious choice is out. I've got fully leveled Natalie, Yaten and Botan so those would probably be my choices right now...

Vilifier

Oct 25, 2017
Do we have an idea of which resistances will be most useful for Light Agito/which units will be best to craft weapons for?

I don't have Gleo so the obvious choice is out. I've got fully leveled Natalie, Yaten and Botan so those would probably be my choices right now...
It's best to wait until Light Agito is out. There are new 70MC Dark Adventurers releasing soon so the Meta may change. Light Agito might even implement anti-Gleo mechanics.

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
I am just the high light dragon scale away from full circle on Ieyashu, but I can't for the life of me figure out what I'm doing wrong. I have Gleo MuB Shinobi (or MuB marishiten), MuB candy couriers and MuB King of Skies, all max +, I guess the big thing missing is the weapon, Got a new chimeratech weapon for her but if that's not the best weapon I'm ok with making a new one.

im also looking for other options, what do you use for high light Dragon trials

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
There's a decent chance that Kai Yan will want both resistances in the team comp like Volk, but better safe than sorry.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017

My feeling is that Botan is the most likely of those 3 but not necessarily going to happen? I'm guessing something like Delphi + Lathna + Gleo + healer, personally. For the healer... Heinwald has Spiral and all, but S. Verica may be better if blind is inflicted. And we don't know what the remaining Spirals will be like; given that Volk's meta uses both Xania and Euden, it wouldn't be that surprising for one or two of the upcoming ones to suddenly be in the most accepted team.

They also definitely could counter Gleo to an extreme degree. It would certainly please those who're sick of Gleo's domination (which is definitely understandable to some extent), but Cygames would have to be willing to put up with the sheer amount of people who had the wand as their prepped dark HD2 (because what else would you make before Spirals?), and those people will be just as understandably angry over that sunk cost. It isn't quite as bad as outright nerfing her or something, but it'd still feel like punishing people for investing into the super special unit they may have spent a lot of wyrmite/$ pulling, and that feels like a bad move. So... we'll see. Theoretically, if there does end up only being room for 1 Gleo, Gleo users having to fight much harder to get into rooms and then the competition for those slots gradually pushing them into playing other roles as alts would seem like a fair compromise for both "sides" to me! But who knows!

(And if it's like Volk, Standard KY will probably be more open with who's acceptable, regardless.)

ElFly

Oct 27, 2017
they gotta buff the other black units much more

they did that with delphi and ieyasu, but certainly the new spirals for the dark guys is a big opportunity

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
That pain you feel when you just want to do some crafting right before sleep, half-awake, realizing that you just crafted a sword void weapon and Ieyasu isn't a sword user :(

ElFly

Oct 27, 2017
So who are y'all bringing to light agito? I'm between Ieyasu or Delphi

hopefully Botan, but obvs depends on the fight

maybe regular Cleo if she gets 70MC and healers are in demand

edit: on second thought maybe heinwald or verica will be better

Last edited:

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
The upcoming 70 MC might make a couple lower rarity adventurers become very meta (usable in both mHDT AND eAgito) like Xania/Euden. Althemia may reach some pretty substantial Skill Damage; Xania went from 20% to 35% unconditional skill damage, so Althemia might go from 30% conditional (full health) to 45%. She could need even more though to compete with Gleo/Cassandra. Rodrigo has potential to be the premiere sword adventurer by having a good main passive (8% Strength at 70% HP) and his only competition being Yaten, Berserker, and Audric. Erik may be interesting with 30% force strike damage and blind res, which has a lot less competition compared to paralysis res.

Taro is a lot less fortunate since he has Last Defense (50% Defense for 15 seconds when health is below 30%). Edward is a healer with only one heal, and it'll be interesting to see how they manage his kit since he's not a hybrid DPS like Aurien. Even if Alex gets 70 MC, it's gonna be tough competing against Delphi as a poison enabling dagger, same with Vice if they're planning to give all the 3-star dark adventurers poison like they gave the 3-star fire adventurers burn. I'm pretty sure Zace and Vida aren't getting a 70 MC in the next update since they're not launch adventurers, though even if they did, dark lance/dagger are literally the two most stacked weapons already sans Gleo.

I'm thinking they might give the festival adventurers (Yaten/Natalie) or Nefaria as well as either Alex or Cleo the ability to buff strip, like what Naveed/Euden got. If they made it a very integral part of the Agito fight, then folks may need to reserve a spot specifically for buff stripping. It's a good way to help further incentivize comp diversity, and Alex having buff stripping while still enabling poison could make her a legitimate alternative to Delphi.

Smiley90

Oct 25, 2017
The upcoming 70 MC might make a couple lower rarity adventurers become very meta (usable in both mHDT AND eAgito) like Xania/Euden. Althemia may reach some pretty substantial Skill Damage; Xania went from 20% to 35% unconditional skill damage, so Althemia might go from 30% conditional (full health) to 45%. She could need even more though to compete with Gleo/Cassandra. Rodrigo has potential to be the premiere sword adventurer by having a good main passive (8% Strength at 70% HP) and his only competition being Yaten, Berserker, and Audric. Erik may be interesting with 30% force strike damage and blind res, which has a lot less competition compared to paralysis res.

Taro is a lot less fortunate since he has Last Defense (50% Defense for 15 seconds when health is below 30%). Edward is a healer with only one heal, and it'll be interesting to see how they manage his kit since he's not a hybrid DPS like Aurien. Even if Alex gets 70 MC, it's gonna be tough competing against Delphi as a poison enabling dagger, same with Vice if they're planning to give all the 3-star dark adventurers poison like they gave the 3-star fire adventurers burn. I'm pretty sure Zace and Vida aren't getting a 70 MC in the next update since they're not launch adventurers, though even if they did, dark lance/dagger are literally the two most stacked weapons already sans Gleo.

I'm thinking they might give the festival adventurers (Yaten/Natalie) or Nefaria as well as either Alex or Cleo the ability to buff strip, like what Naveed/Euden got. If they made it a very integral part of the Agito fight, then folks may need to reserve a spot specifically for buff stripping. It's a good way to help further incentivize comp diversity, and Alex having buff stripping while still enabling poison could make her a legitimate alternative to Delphi.

the redheaded stepchild?

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
This Valentine's event is running way...way too long, and there's still a few days left. :/