• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
So I got Lathna during my pulls, and I unlocked her story...but I don't understand her background considering I missed her events. Can somebody summarize/just spoil to me what happened during those events?

Some elements are actually rather ambiguous, which I think fits well with the whole Lovecraftian theme of her stories.

1st event

Lathna appears as the last survivor of a village where everyone just disappeared. In order to solve this mystery, Heinwald, a mage who focuses on the occult, proposes to unlock a sealed library. There they meet the black Nyarlathotep dragon, who was the library's guardian and discover everyone from the village was sealed into books there. They eventually find out that they were cultists following an unknown god called "Ancient One" who eventually received a savior called Nyarlathotep, who was the cause of the crisis.

Then, in the present, Lathna was supposedly attacked by Nyarlathotep. They go back there to confront it, but then Heinwald reveals that "Nyarlathotep" actually exists as separate beings and forms. The black one they met was with him and couldn't have attacked them - "Lathna" was actually a white Nyarlathotep who is the true villain. He takes a white dragon form, but he's defeated and sealed, and when the people are rescued from the books the real Lathna, a girl from the village who had seemingly been copied by white Nyarlathotep, appears among them, alive and well.

2nd event

Lathna is now revealed to be an orphan who lives alone. She had nightmares about the previous events too and one day just up and left (unconsciously) to a village where people worship Hastur. Curran and Heinwald are investigating this village, which is rumored to have immortal people, and meet her there again. Tons of stuff happens in the middle, but it's not really related to Lathna. In the end, Hastur was just a distraction and it was all a plot from Akasha, the head priestess, to awaken Lathna's real identity as Nyarlathotep in order to bring the Ancient One to their world. However, even when awaken as Nyarlathotep, Lathna denies her wish, saying she isn't a tool for humans.

The ending of the event kind of clashes with her adventurer story though, since Heinwald then tells her human personality to accept all of herself (including Nyarlathotep), while they're clearly separate and she just fears Nyarlathotep a lot in the beginning of Lathna's Adventurer story, with nothing said regarding Heinwald's words (likely because she was released before the event ended, so they didn't want to spoil it but it ends up kind of odd). Either way though, they still don't take her to New Alberia, which does match with the beginning of her adventurer story.

The form Lathna takes with her dragon transformation looks identical to the white Nyarlathotep from the first event.

Last edited:

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
So any guesses on what the big secret from the Interlude is going to turn out to be?

SiG

Oct 25, 2017
Some elements are actually rather ambiguous, which I think fits well with the whole Lovecraftian theme of her stories.

1st event

Lathna appears as the last survivor of a village where everyone just disappeared. In order to solve this mystery, Heinwald, a mage who focuses on the occult, proposes to unlock a sealed library. There they meet the black Nyarlathotep dragon, who was the library's guardian and discover everyone from the village was sealed into books there. They eventually find out that they were cultists following an unknown god called "Ancient One" who eventually received a savior called Nyarlathotep, who was the cause of the crisis.

Then, in the present, Lathna was supposedly attacked by Nyarlathotep. They go back there to confront it, but then Heinwald reveals that "Nyarlathotep" actually exists as separate beings and forms. The black one they met was with him and couldn't have attacked them - "Lathna" was actually a white Nyarlathotep who is the true villain. He takes a white dragon form, but he's defeated and sealed, and when the people are rescued from the books the real Lathna, a girl from the village who had seemingly been copied by white Nyarlathotep, appears among them, alive and well.

2nd event

Lathna is now revealed to be an orphan who lives alone. She had nightmares about the previous events too and one day just up and left (unconsciously) to a village where people worship Hastur. Curran and Heinwald are investigating this village, which is rumored to have immortal people, and meet her there again. Tons of stuff happens in the middle, but it's not really related to Lathna. In the end, Hastur was just a distraction and it was all a plot from Akasha, the head priestess, to awaken Lathna's real identity as Nyarlathotep in order to bring the Ancient One to their world. However, even when awaken as Nyarlathotep, Lathna denies her wish, saying she isn't a tool for humans.

The ending of the event kind of clashes with her adventurer story though, since Heinwald then tells her human personality to accept all of herself (including Nyarlathotep), while they're clearly separate and she just fears Nyarlathotep a lot in the beginning of Lathna's Adventurer story, with nothing said regarding Heinwald's words (likely because she was released before the event ended, so they didn't want to spoil it but it ends up kind of odd). Either way though, they still don't take her to New Alberia, which does match with the beginning of her adventurer story.

The form Lathna takes with her dragon transformation looks identical to the white Nyarlathotep from the first event.
Her adventure story though insinuates that
her and Nyarlathotep are really just the same person? Or was it Ulthur's doing?

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
I do hope the Accursed Archive events are some of the first added into the "play past events at any time" feature, since it has some of the best writing we've gotten from the game in general.

Xavi

Oct 27, 2017
Lightning for Smash
VASoK4c.jpg
Gala boy came home, I have 22k wyrmite left for MH, I hope that's enough lol

Rae

Mar 7, 2019
I burned 100 singles and 9k Wrymite for 1x Gala Luca and 1x new Kagutsuchi. Not really interested in MH so V-day is the next target.

Mr. Virus

Oct 27, 2017
I used all my wyrmite and all I got was a dupe Naveed, a Victor (finally) and a really grim looking pity rate :|.

That's how they get you. Gota a load of single tickets left for MH so here's hoping I can stock up for a few 10 pulls...

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
So any guesses on what the big secret from the Interlude is going to turn out to be?

I'd guess...
he had that dragon sickness but Aurelius made a pact with that "Finlorda" that saved his life but actually turned him into a dragon.

Her adventure story though insinuates that
her and Nyarlathotep are really just the same person? Or was it Ulthur's doing?

The 2nd event

already confirms that they're the same person. No contradiction there. What kind of clashes between the 2nd event and Lathna's adventurer story that's supposed to take place afterwards is that the 2nd event ends with Lathna accepting the Nyarlathotep side of her, but in the adventurer story she still fears it (in the beginning) and nothing about the event's ending is mentioned. That's what I meant by them being separate, I meant as far as identity/personality goes.

Last edited:

ginnokane

Oct 28, 2017
Gala damage so far: 29 single pull tickets (for rate-ups) and 13 10-pulls, no Gluca :(. Had some great dragon-luck, however, and ended up with 11 rainbows in total:

Vayu (UB 1 and 2)
AC-011 Garland (new)
Hastur (new)
Alexander (UB 4 [finally, another MUB light dragon, and without using stones!])
Garuda (UB 3)
Liger (UB 3)

As for adventurers, I got a shiny new Kirsty, and dupes of Nefaria, S!Verica, and Lin You (no Gluca spooks thankfully).

Really decent haul, despite a drought in there when I got to 8.5% pity... I'm probably gonna wait for the end of banner to spend any more of my 30k wyrmite reserve, just in case we get some free pulls over this weekend.

Ekid

Dec 21, 2017
Was thinking of waiting until the last day to pull but of course I caved in and used around 90 single + 3 ten-pull vouchers. Result:
-Summer Celliera (Dupe)
-Student Maribelle (Dupe)
-Gala Mym (Dupe)
-Cassandra (Dupe)
-Wedding Ellisanne (Dupe)

-Gilgamesh (6th)
-Agni (2ub)
-Kamuy (New)
-Shinobi (6th)
-Siren x2 (MUB)

No Gala Luca :'(

On a brighter note the interlude was interesting and next reset we are getting a trailer of the Monster Hunter Event !

Parshias

Oct 25, 2017
My luck wasn't particularly good, but it was good enough.

I got all the way up to a 9% pity rate only to get Simurgh out of it. Then after that I didn't see exactly how high my pity rate got, but I pulled up to 7.5%-8% pity or so and got a dupe Lin You and Gala Luca.

I've had much better luck getting 5*s on regular banners, so it was slightly disappointing, but I got GLuca without breaking the bank so I can't really complain. I have nearly 600 summons' worth of wyrmite/tickets left over for Monster Hunter in a week or so.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
I spent way more real money trying to get Luca than id like to admit, and still didnt get him lol.

When do the Dream Summon packs usually appear? And would GLuca be available to get with it, if I dont pull him this week?

Link Gray

Oct 27, 2017
Alright guys don't hate me but I got Luca in 4 single tickets. But I don't really care for him... I just want Cleo :(

Pangya

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I spent way more real money trying to get Luca than id like to admit, and still didnt get him lol.

When do the Dream Summon packs usually appear? And would GLuca be available to get with it, if I dont pull him this week?

Galas/limiteds don't appear in Dream Summon, and we haven't had one for a good while now. Your best bet would probably be to wait for 2nd Anniversary and hope that there's another Platinum Summon that works like last year's did, except with only new Gala units since then AND you get lucky enough to get Luca from the guaranteed Gala.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Galas/limiteds don't appear in Dream Summon, and we haven't had one for a good while now. Your best bet would probably be to wait for 2nd Anniversary and hope that there's another Platinum Summon that works like last year's did, except with only new Gala units since then AND you get lucky enough to get Luca from the guaranteed Gala.
Ok lol, thanks.

Vilifier

Oct 25, 2017
GLuca's S2/S1 are perfectly timed for Mercurial Gauntlet's claps. By using 5C+FSC, I can use GLuca's S2 then S1 the clap every time. I think there might even be enough time to not need to Force Strike Cancel. Helped me finally get to Shadow MG50 very easily.

Now to decide which Dark Adventurer to bring to 70MC. I had my heart set on Patia; but I think I'll wait on more community feedback before taking the plunge. All of my eligible Adventurers (Curran/Heinwald/Patia) are 45MC and my Eldwater well is starting to run dry.

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
Oh man, they all look SICK. Can't wait to summon for these and I'm not stopping until I get all four. And as an added bonus I'll finally get my own Sarisse since I never summoned her during any of the Galas. Fantastic. ^_^

Vilifier

Oct 25, 2017

At the end of the trailer; it says Part 2 starts February 3rd 10pm PT. The Summon Showcase will also be updated.

SiG

Oct 25, 2017
You know what, screw GLuca! I already got Lathna anyways in my already broken Dark team so I'm saving my pulls for Monster Hunter event. I'm wondering though what element this banner will be.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
I'm assuming Sarisse will be added in the second part, I wonder if it'll just be those three (Berserker, Vanessa, Sarisse) or more in total.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
I like the look of the MH-style Midgardsormr in the logo for the Primal Crisis event.

Vilifier

Oct 25, 2017
So maybe Vanessa (Light Lance) / Berserker (Fire Sword) for Part 1 and Sarisse (Water? Bow) / Euden (Fire? Axe?) for Part 2?

Either way; my Wyrmite stash is not prepared.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Having the adventurers in two parts makes it easier to go for a specific one at least. I really hope Sarisse is a strong DPS bow, as water needs the strength boost. I really want all four, so I'll need to plan my wymite spending. I'm sitting on a decent amount still, but RNG can be fickle...

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Dragalia Lost x Monster Hunter collaboration website now live:

It looks like it will just be these two adventurers for 5*, but there will be an event update on February 3rd. At least, it doesn't mention a change to the summon showcase. This probably means Sarisse is either the welfare adventurer, or a 4* on the banner.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Hopefully Rathalos at least has 40% strength if they're too apprehensive on giving him 45%. Don't want to get my hopes too high since Mega Man literally had 3-star gacha stats (Alfonse at least had 4-star gacha stats), so collab welfare stuff isn't immune to getting underwhelming stats.

Dragalia Lost x Monster Hunter collaboration website now live:

It looks like it will just be these two adventurers for 5*, but there will be an event update on February 3rd. At least, it doesn't mention a change to the summon showcase. This probably means Sarisse is either the welfare adventurer, or a 4* on the banner.
The event trailer explicitly states the summon showcase will be updated along with the second half of the event towards the end of the video:

gvEwiuB_d.jpg

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
The event trailer explicitly states the summon showcase will be updated along with the second half of the event towards the end of the video:

gvEwiuB_d.jpg
Oh wow, didn't catch that. I wonder if they'll update the website later then.

I'll have to plan my spending then, as I need that Sarisse.

Mr. Virus

Oct 27, 2017
The update will probably be Omega difficulty or Fatalis being dropped in if it's not there at the start.

Looking cool though, but showing SHEER COWARDICE for going with a female character in the Kirin Armour and not a male one.

Edit: announcing a summoning showcase update is cool but uh... Will it be worth summoning before then? Or will the rates change on focus characters somehow?

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Edit: announcing a summoning showcase update is cool but uh... Will it be worth summoning before then? Or will the rates change on focus characters somehow?

Since launch, a focus adventurer has always had 0.5% focus, aside from the 2nd half of the anniversary gala where every single non-Euden Gala was on focus at a 0.2% rate. Even if the update adds to the current showcase, every focus adventurer would most likely still have a 0.5% rate, just taking some of the off-focus rate for the new additions. It only really "matters" if you don't care about or actively dislike the updated showcase units, at which point you'd only pull pre-update to get more off-focus units instead.

Sakrey

Oct 27, 2017
I'm so dry after this Gala banner, chasing G!Luca. And I didn't even pulled him...
I've made a huge mistake...

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Based on this Reddit Post, the Hunter kits seem to be based on the Hunter Arts from MHGU. Based on the trailer footage, Berserker uses Moonbreaker for S1, and has a buff of some kind for S2. His FS has him charge up by holding the greatsword over his shoulder, then slamming it down. Vanessa uses Corkscrew Jab for her S1, and her S2 is also a buff. For Vanessa's FS, she literally holds up a shield and seems to take reduced damage while charging the FS, then charges forward and reduces the enemy defense by 5% (doing it again seems to just refresh the duration instead of stacking).

I don't play MH, so I have no idea how well these new mechanics mimic MH.

Also, I don't normally post fan art out of the spoiler, but this seems especially relevant. The mini-game on the JP event website revealed a new Wyrmprint featuring Pia in Gammoth Armor.

X01hSd1.jpg

Iqpn4Dp.jpg

Someone literally drew and posted Gammoth Armor Pia fan art an hour and 19 minutes after the website went live.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
The Dragalia Wyrmprint curse that hasn't been broken yet as far as I know is that if you see an Adventurer in Alternate clothing on a Wyrmprint before anything else, they're probably never getting that alt :c

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017

So to be clear, I would expect that it's literally 2 different banners, not an actual update/expansion to the initial one. This is how the previous 2-part events+banners (summer and Stirring Shadows) have worked.

But the question is whether they banners will be overlapping, and if so, will they end on the same date- I have to think they do overlap at least, because it'd be a little weird to have the first half last for that much shorter than the second? And similarly there's the question of if you can still pull the first set's characters on the second banner, just not rated up; we don't have a limited 2-part as precedent for this, hmm.

Ekid

Dec 21, 2017
I wasn't recognizing the armor Sarisse is wearing. It's from the Mizutsune, a water monster from Monster Hunter Generation (I skipped that one).

We will have to wait for the Banner trailer to know if she will be available on the first one. I'm hyped by the Fatalis potentially being on the second banner too.

Last edited:

Parshias

Oct 25, 2017
Cygames with the good taste to base the Monster Hunter event off of the superior Generations Ultimate.